Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:39 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

posts 20 and 24 strike me as off tonally/overly-explain-y. 119 is overly fence-sitty on FF (and 134 doesn't help that much imo.) And your thoughts on gardenia are a bit unclear to me (134 vs 187)
and were my first two posts ever in Forum Mafia. I like to explain my thought processes and wanted to move Gardenia away from voting for a no lynch, and the 2nd one was just a play on Teacher's name.

: Yes, I'll admit I'm fence-sitting on FF. I'm cautious around these types of playstyles. More on this in a bit.

: As I said before, I like to explain how I'm thinking. I may tend to ramble, but I'll try make things more concise. The passive plays and general inactivity made me want to attempt to put something on the board so the ball would at least start rolling a little.

/ (Gardenia Thoughts): I thought they were rather clear. I think she's new and trying to be helpful, but I didn't think Teacher's read of her FF Vote necessarily makes her Town. Like I mentioned in #187, Fish at that point was the easiest vote to make for anyone, as he had the most polarizing playstyle and had drew the attention to himself.

As for Jackson, my vote on Gyro was at the start of RVS and I wanted it on someone who hadn't posted in the game yet, if only to see if he'd react. He didn't. I'm keeping it on him since his posts haven't had much substance behind them imo. I don't think inactivity indicates scum, at least not right now. If that was the sole basis of my vote, I would've switched it once he posted a few times.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:40 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Okay I thought I did those post link things correct, but they're leading to other pages. Would someone be able to show me how to properly do them? Ty <3
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:44 pm

Post by Formerfish »

For the post tag to work just put the post number with digits only.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:45 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Like in I told you how to do it.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:49 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Oh, so it's because I was putting the # in front of them.

Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:50 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

...am I missing something here LOL
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:56 pm

Post by Datisi »

Code: Select all

[post]134[/post]
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:59 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:00 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

There we go. Thanks. I'm out here showing my -25IQ right now -.-
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:03 pm

Post by Datisi »

Don't worry mate, took me like 4 games to figure out the post tags.
In post 226, Uncrowned wrote:#134/#187 (Gardenia Thoughts): I thought they were rather clear. I think she's new and trying to be helpful, but I didn't think Teacher's read of her FF Vote necessarily makes her Town. Like I mentioned in #187, Fish at that point was the easiest vote to make for anyone, as he had the most polarizing playstyle and had drew the attention to himself.
I say they're contradictory because you mention that you think she's new and trying to be helpful - which I'd take as a Towny trait, then placing her in your null pile.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:57 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

That's fair. I'm just hesitant to put someone as a town in my mind with little info besides a few posts. That's why I'm in favour of her giving her list on everyone, I think that could prove useful.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:04 pm

Post by Datisi »

That's fair, sorting isn't easy.

Though, if you're hesitant on putting one person as Town or not so far, do you think it's a bit... Odd to ask another person for a full readslist?
In post 226, Uncrowned wrote:#119: Yes, I'll admit I'm fence-sitting on FF. I'm cautious around these types of playstyles. More on this in a bit.
Care to elaborate on this?
~M
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:23 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Sure. Usually I hesitate to jump on the person who is being the "loudest in the room" as I feel like it's the obvious choice, especially for people who COULD be evil as the louder people are more likely to toss out accusations and make themselves appear more guilty in the process. However, most of my experiences with these aggressive types in other social deduction games is they've usually been either town trying to catch people slipping, or they're a jester (obviously this role list doesn't include that, so that's not a worry here)

However, I want to keep my mind open to the possibility of FF being a distraction for someone else assuming he has one. I see my mistake though, since the only way we'd even be able to figure that out would be via a lynch. Sitting on the fence in that scenario doesn't really make sense. I was hesitant to push since I'm not sure how that sort of thing plays out here. I'll commit to reading FF as an aggressive townie, rather than a scum at this stage.

And you're right, it is a bit odd. My only logic behind it is that Gardenia had been given a TL by two people I believe at that point (Teacher and Salad, who was in your slot before) whereas I had been read as null at that point and hadn't really been asked for my opinions. I'm starting to understand now that it'll be more helpful if I take an actual stance on things instead of waiting for others to do so.
Gyro Zeppeli
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:27 pm

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

Gardenia i didn’t see the message you posted after me, there’s no message there???
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:17 am

Post by Datisi »

I don't necessarily agree that the loudest person is the easiest to place a vote on, but that might be a matter of differing opinion, not alignment.

Alright, I'm starting to like you. Yes, taking stances without waiting for others first is definitely helpful. Don't be afraid. Discussion is how Town works together and wins.

Keep up offering your opinion an explaining it.

Let's reorder reads a bit.
FF
Gardenia
Uncrowned
---
teacher
JacksonVirgo
Gyro
---
bugspray
Marionette
Okay, who's next.

VOTE: Marionette

Yo! Any thoughts about the actual game? The players?
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:18 am

Post by Datisi »

@Gyro, what's up mate? Got anyone here you like or dislike? Any reason why?
~M
Gyro Zeppeli
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:14 am

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

In post 241, Datisi wrote:@Gyro, what's up mate? Got anyone here you like or dislike? Any reason why?
Salad but he’s gone

And That One Punch Man guy

Speaking too much waffle and ‘logic’
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:21 am

Post by Datisi »

Why's "logic" in quotation marks?
~M
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:19 am

Post by Uncrowned »

My reads thus far

Town Leans

Datisi
- Liked his slot when Salad was playing it. Unvoted me when fast wagon occured, seemed like a town play. Questions and digs for info in his posts.
FormerFish
- Aggressive townplay imo, made a good connection in post between bugspray's former slot (Chib) and a past game they had played.
Teacher
- I like the logic behind post with the whole idea of "how does this benefit town?". I'm leaning toward Teacher/Fish being a TvT situation.
Gardenia
- After reading back, I like post - except for including Fish in the trio, since he voted Teacher way before back on Page 1. I believe the vote on me was when we started "redoing" the RVS.

Null

Jackson Virgo
- Would like to see more activity. Don't really like his assessment of my vote on Gyro in Post but I don't think that means anything.
Bugspray
- I don't mind this slot, since Chib was at least attempting to get things to progress earlier in the game. Fish's point about this slot in post is a good one, but I'm not certain it's scum indicative.

Scum Leans

Marionette
- Little input, random vote on Teacher seemed out of place. Admittedly, we were redoing the RVS, but Teacher had been one of the more active players up until that point, so voting him without saying anything is odd to me.
Gyro
- Don't like his votes (Teacher, Gardenia) nor his reasoning in Post . Seems like a reach. Would like more reads and depth from his posts. A majority of them aren't helpful to town imo.
Gyro Zeppeli
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:33 am

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

^ ye this guy he stinks like someone who reaches deep for bullshit

I believe ‘reading’ this early is useless, anyone can make a ‘town read’ its bollox until things happen
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:39 am

Post by Datisi »

Ay mate it's true early reads are often shit.

But if we're just gonna be sitting ducks then we'll get slaughtered. We can't just wait for things to happen. We gotta
make
them happen. Through interactions, questions, call-outs, anything. Waiting for the Night dwindling our thumbs will only hurt us.

Plus you're making a read on him this early. Is that read bollox too? :P
~M
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:42 am

Post by bugspray »

Because this is a whole new game can we do a sort of new random personality questions thing?

If you were mafia this game who would you want your partner to be and what would your strategy be going forward?

Are selfie sticks good or bad?
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:43 am

Post by Datisi »

I'd prefer it if you answered my non-random question.
~M
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:44 am

Post by Formerfish »

VOTE: bugspray
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.