Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:11 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Because youve shown no interest in my iso, which you should, cause youd figure out what im talking about and this game will be very different.

Yet, you wanna play this in the shallow end and have no interest in the deep end of the pool.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:12 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

FF, why did you quick hammer on Gyro though? I thought the normal play was to state intent to hammer in case that person had a claim or at least to get more defense.

I'll be the first to say I didn't like Gyro's play, but I think we could've gotten more out of D1 than what we did.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:13 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 688, Formerfish wrote:Scum can easily sit back and stay off a wagon they know is on town and throw shade on townies who get on it.

I hammered the way i did because i needed to stay alive to be useful to town, acting like scum means that scum isnt going to shoot me becase they are going to try to mislynch me and use my behavior as the reasoning.

Its low hanging fruit and it is the easiest push for scum to make.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by the worst »

Spoiler: fish
In post 646, the worst wrote:
In post 640, Formerfish wrote:What was i in the Ali treestump game, did you read me correctly there?
Yes, then no, then yes, then I suspected you were vig - overall I did fine. You showed some stuff there that's outside of your scumrange and I think your interactions with Chibz here miiiiight have blocked you from exhibiting similar tells here but regardless: I don't think you've done a thing outside your scumrange. And I don't think what you *have* done is actually all that towny.
In post 640, Formerfish wrote:What are my town tells to you? Because I havent seen you show a proficiency in reading me at all bro.
I'm not interested enough in meta to claim proficiency in reading. I believe that we're friends and I'd rather have a sincere straightforward conversation about what we're seeing here, rather than what we've both been doing: if we're t/t, there's a respectful way to have this conversation without either of us being alien.

Do you think you've shown towntells here which I should have picked up on? (particularly given my dubious proficiency in reading you)

pedit: what he said
UNVOTE:
In post 649, the worst wrote:Again not claiming god reads off a rushed catchup - I like to think my townreads are quite good when I do them firsthand but it can be hard to tell scum from people who aren't doing towny things. if you think I should be seeing something specific point it out - otherwise I'm happy to interact with my nulls and resume this later.
In post 654, the worst wrote:We can resume it when I FEEL LIKE IT fishy
In post 663, the worst wrote:Fishy
chill

we got other slots to handle
In post 696, the worst wrote:
In post 687, Formerfish wrote:How did ducky have such a good townread on that slot when he has admitted his reads are shit so far?
bruh my townreads have been 3/3 so far
like mechanically

not even close to shit: just not confident on the balance. if you wanna sell me that you're town, hmu.

gonna need you to play the game without this confbias nonsense fam bc it's impossible to read you thru it. suspect our 1v1 resolves itself by d3 like clockwork.

these are all attempts to engage with you about the game in good faith rather than trying to advance a pissing contest, Fishy. I don't feel any more onus to "engage with you in [better] faith". If I'm wrong on you and you don't feel it's fair, I'd really enjoy working with you again. I'm not really enjoying your tact this phase.

pedit: I have limited interest in your ISO but will do a reread when I have more time/when it's more urgent to sort you accurately. If we're both town we have a pool to find two scum in. If we scumread each other we have partner hunting to do. There's more important stuff here.

Do you think I'm smart town when I need to be?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:15 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 702, Uncrowned wrote:state intent to hammer in case that person had a claim
Think about why i might not have had to do this. What do you think i mean when i keep saying that if we were playing poker, i would have the nuts in my hand?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:15 pm

Post by the worst »

:facepalm:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:17 pm

Post by the worst »

I forgot eth0s is in this game tbh
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:17 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 703, Formerfish wrote:
In post 688, Formerfish wrote:Scum can easily sit back and stay off a wagon they know is on town and throw shade on townies who get on it.

I hammered the way i did because i needed to stay alive to be useful to town, acting like scum means that scum isnt going to shoot me becase they are going to try to mislynch me and use my behavior as the reasoning.

Its low hanging fruit and it is the easiest push for scum to make.
Oh, I missed this. Thanks.

This makes sense with what I was saying earlier. Also, we were making points earlier in the game about how there was a lack of defense being made on Bugspray's behalf, with the logic being that scum were content with him being lynched. I'm seeing a similar pattern here with a few people taking jabs at FF.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:19 pm

Post by the worst »

Sadly hunting for mislynches / town by gamestate isolation ("they have no allies itt therefore they're likely town") doesn't really work after that tell has been discussed in a game. Gyro was that townie this game. We're gonna need to get more creative.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:19 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 603, Micc wrote:
Votecount 1.11
Gyro Zeppeli (5) -
Uncrowned, teacher, JacksonVirgo, Fuzanlong, Formerfish
Formerfish (3) -
Gyro Zeppeli, the worst, bugspray
Fuzanglong (1) -
gardenia

Not Voting (0) -

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

A lynch has been achieved.
Gyro was voting me, im town, so he was either scum or town that could die.

Bug was voting me and was killed over night. This is a hamfisted attempt to tie the kill to me because if bug is a live hes going to keep pushing me and scum!me would need to limit that. The scum team kills him to shade me.

The other person voting me yesterday was worst.

So thats where my vote goes because i doubt both scum were on the mislynch.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:21 pm

Post by Formerfish »

On gyro, teacher and i are town. So, JV, UC and Fuz.

Gard was off both and has been replaced as a newbie, scum equity rises.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by the worst »

ick
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:25 pm

Post by the worst »

I'm gonna chill out a bit because regardless of your alignment, the way you're steering the thread atm doesn't interest me. I don't play mafia to try and vca isolated vote counts, or angleshoot scum equity in replacements. There's much more fun had in social deception and looking at contextual vca.

Fishy if you're town you're kind of alienating rn; let's let eth0s get here, and let him and the other newbie slots talk a bit more.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:25 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Yawn
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:25 pm

Post by the worst »

sigh.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:58 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 677, JacksonVirgo wrote:The guilty check could easily be a bluff dude
This is suuuuuper weird. Like I said this:
In post 276, teacher wrote:a cop doesn’t want to claim [an inno] D2 so they aren’t killed/roleblocked N2. But they also want town to know of an innocent result on D3 even if they are killed N2
And this:
In post 628, teacher wrote:Some mech speak that I’m going to be quoting several times this phase: doc on me, and stay hidden, If we have one. If I die, town knows we are in column C and there is no other pr. If I live, town knows we are in A and I was RBed. Mason, keeper, tracker, fan, cop, feel free to counterclaim :lol:
So I’m your mind there is a legit possibility I outted myself as cop (a claim that gets countered in every single setup) with an inno just for the giggles?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:59 pm

Post by Formerfish »

THANK CHRIST ANOTHER SANE PERSON.

TEACHER SAVE ME. THEY TRYIN TA KILL ME.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:05 pm

Post by teacher »

I will say fishy wasn’t my target. That would have been today’s lynch if I hadn’t gotten a guilty, and IMO cops should not target a likely lynch (so the cop can keep an inno result hidden)
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:14 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 709, the worst wrote:Sadly hunting for mislynches / town by gamestate isolation ("they have no allies itt therefore they're likely town") doesn't really work after that tell has been discussed in a game. Gyro was that townie this game. We're gonna need to get more creative.
I kinda follow you, but I still think it could be a factor? There's something about the pressure on FF that I'm not liking, especially from Fuz, since it's the first time she's coming out to say anything with substance against another player. Prior to this, she's only:

-Said you seem reliable.
-Voted on Gyro (second to last vote)

To me that seems like a reaction based playstyle that's giving me opportunistic vibes, since she only seems to jump in when something has already become somewhat of a consensus among the group (your slot receiving lots of towncred, Gyro picking up votes, and now the pressure on FF).
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:10 am

Post by the worst »

Talking policy for a moment: I know teacher quite well and he's either just a cop, or has been setting this up from the start of day one as scum. If he's also been trying to look as towny as possible (i.e. likely setting himself up to win lylo and endgame), where a cop gambit would be better executed by a more vulnerable scumbuddy. Ergo he's very likely actually claiming cop. Claiming a true guilty d2 is also optimal play as a cop.

Basically we're not doubting teacher d2 at all. If someone can use the setup to counter-claim and prove his role doesn't exist, we can reevaluate. Otherwise we all play the game until he outs his guilty, partnerhunt from there, lynch the guilty, and then town win happy end.

So no shading teach - if you need to counter-claim do it in your next post. Otherwise treat him as conftown and work on the rest of the slots.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:14 am

Post by the worst »

In post 719, Uncrowned wrote:I kinda follow you, but I still think it could be a factor? There's something about the pressure on FF that I'm not liking, especially from Fuz, since it's the first time she's coming out to say anything with substance against another player.
This is more creative, and something I agree with. Standing behind a vocal 1v1 (particularly if fishy/me is t/t) does make a lot of sense from scum!fuz.

There's a reason I have her south of null. Imo her play on d1 as well was very passive (I keep forgetting she's here :c sorry Fuz)

@Fuz
- any chance of a full read list? If you have players you're not sure on yet it's ok to mark them null.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:20 am

Post by the worst »

In post 668, JacksonVirgo wrote:From my current point of view, FF seems like the scummiest person here; if you have a problem deal with it
VOTE: Formerfish
just to compare: JV diving in with the vote here is a markerly more aggressive stance. JV also feels generally unapologetic for his read.

Normally I'd pin this is fairly town indicative but the "ig you have a problem deal with it" gives me like the tiniest bit of pause

basically I think JV is townier than Fuz which doesn't really come as much of a surprise to me.

I don't think Uncrowned/Fuz is a likely scumteam after #719 tbf. I think I had Uncrowned down to look at based off partner equity with Fish which I think I still want to be pretty wary of; I think I can say in a world where Fish is town I don't think Uncrowned has a particularly scummy scumbuddy

While I'm at it: sorry to drag you into the fray teacher, do you think I should be townreading Fishy? Not going down trust tell territory but if you think my d1 misread was stupid I'll shelf it.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by teacher »

Yes. (Date night so I’m offline, but yes I tho k so. The same way he found me).
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:05 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 608, eth0s wrote:I need to read this game still. Planning on doing a chronological catch up. Anything I should know before then?
When we’re you planning on this?