Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:51 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

That last post by Jackson really pings me. He's blindly TR'ing TSE without following why he's being scumread (he thinks it's still because of the Mason claim). He isn't evaluating anyone else and is generally playing a really passive game. It's like the hard-defence of TSE is to compensate for his otherwise passive play.

VOTE: Jackson
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:04 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 299, bugspray wrote:
In post 293, chazary wrote: I don't understand the point of this. So you're confident about your read on TSE but don't want to L-1 him yet. And then you try and convince the rest of us why we shouldn't be afraid of L-1ing if we're confident in our reads. Like, yeah but who says any of us are confident in our reads. And we're probably all thinking the same thing as far as waiting for more activity from other players. So why feel the need to urge others to L-1 someone?
Putting someone at l-1 even if they flip scum and getting an early night is still not an optimal situation for town. We have a lot of quiet slots who we should want to hear more from before the deadline ends.
to +1 this, we're in a newbie game right now. Lolhammers are real and they happen lmao.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:13 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 350, Luca Blight wrote:That last post by Jackson really pings me. He's blindly TR'ing TSE without following why he's being scumread (he thinks it's still because of the Mason claim). He isn't evaluating anyone else and is generally playing a really passive game. It's like the hard-defence of TSE is to compensate for his otherwise passive play.

Yeah okay whatever, do what you want.
I've explained everything, and why they're playing differently from their scum-meta but that shit doesn't matter right?
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:15 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

You'll shit bricks if I am hard defending a Mason claim because of the mason claim am I right? As if, maybe a mason is defending a mason? Holy shit, who woulda thunk.

this was a joke
Tactical Lurker
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:23 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 352, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 350, Luca Blight wrote:That last post by Jackson really pings me. He's blindly TR'ing TSE without following why he's being scumread (he thinks it's still because of the Mason claim). He isn't evaluating anyone else and is generally playing a really passive game. It's like the hard-defence of TSE is to compensate for his otherwise passive play.

Yeah okay whatever, do what you want.
I've explained everything, and why they're playing differently from their scum-meta but that shit doesn't matter right?
The only explanation you've given for your meta read is this:
In post 176, JacksonVirgo wrote: From my experience,
they usually are more serious but not fully serious as scum
. Like it's a weird balance thing that I think they lean Town in this game. The Mason claim is NAI
So TSE is more serious but not fully serious as scum (which as about as uselessly vague as it gets), and his play this game couldn't possibly correspond to that general description?

Your stance on TSE reeks of TMI.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:45 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

@Jackson What are your top townreads right now? I know you've implied Bug and I are your top Scumreads.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:45 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 328, bugspray wrote:I don't care if policy lynching is a spook
Lynching is a spook.

-maxstriner 2012
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.11

Cellular automata don't have to be black and white. You can make more complicated rules that cycle through a few different colours via Stephen Wolfram.

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

JacksonVirgo
(2): GeorgeBailey, Luca Blight
bugspray
(2): TrueSoulEnergy, JacksonVirgo
TrueSoulEnergy
(2): chazary, bugspray
GeorgeBailey
(1): volxen
chazary
(1): Aloratom

Not Voting
(1): TheLordOfKittens

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-02-07 18:00:00).

Mod notes:
:][/area]
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:19 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Luca and TSE are my top town-reads, I may be reading TSE wrong because of my bias towards them but honestly they're gonna flip Town from my perspective.
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:21 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I do understand the vote on me, but just I don't know how else to explain it
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:21 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 359, JacksonVirgo wrote:I do understand the voted on me, but just I don't know how else to explain it
ebwop
Tactical Lurker
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:21 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Anywho I'm gonna go work on my game
Tactical Lurker
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:08 am

Post by Plotinus »

TheLordOfKittens is being replaced for inactivity. If they post game advancing content before I find someone, they can stay.

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Plotinus »

DkKoba replaces TheLordOfKittens! Please welcome them!

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:33 am

Post by bugspray »

Welcome! Catch up when you can and post your reads
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:34 am

Post by DkKoba »

I skimmed the game up until this point, and I have 2 points I want to make:
a) TSE comes off as town who made a really shit play
b) While this is a really hot take as an entrance on d1, volxen and bugspray is my top scumteam read right now
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:40 am

Post by DkKoba »

On closer reread via ISO, I'm liking my read even more. I will try to quote and explain everything, although most of it has to do with a) lack of interaction with eachother b)volxen gives me "mafia savior" vibes where they are pushing off a lynch on someone who they believe is town, although after the ISO I see they only have 8 posts or so.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:53 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 305, Plotinus wrote:
Aloratom replaces Chuck Shurley! Please welcome him!
In post 231, volxen wrote:
In post 204, TrueSoulEnergy wrote::twisted:
In post 203, GeorgeBailey wrote:Imagine
not
having 10 town reads rn.
I feel that out of you 3 who voted me I think your the most Town and Bugs is the most Scum.
Who out of the people who voted me do you think is scum?
TBH I’m not entirely sure myself.
Why do you find George the most towny out of the three people that were on your wagon (George, Bugs, Luca)? You previously said that you thought that George had the most believable reasons for scumreading you (), and his reasons for scumreading you are centered around him not liking how you responded to your wagon because he thought that you were overly defensive (, ). Whereas Luca and Bugs mainly voted you over your claim. You claimed Mason in a semi-open newbie game. As Luca already pointed out, it’s highly questionable that mason!you would make that claim that early on (even jokingly) given that it… doesn’t really benefit mason!you to do so (if anything it would benefit you more if you were a VT trying to bait the nightkill via WIFOM). I think it’s natural for people to be suspicious of an SE claiming mason that early on, so I’m not seeing why George saying that you were overly defensive in how you responded to your wagon is a better or more believable reason to be scumreading you.

Also, consider the setup. If you are town and the setup is something from column A or column C, then scum has to consider the possibility that you are actually a mason since scum only knows what column the setup is but not which row. In that scenario I think that it’s highly unlikely that both scum would be bold enough to jump on you (meaning Luca and Bugs) in response to your mason claim, as you could always confirm yourself via your mason buddy, and they would potentially look bad for jumping on you back-to-back. Even in the scenario where you are town and the setup is something from column B and scum thus knows that you aren’t really a mason, I still think that it’s unlikely that both scum would jump on you back-to-back for the exact same reason (your mason claim).

With respect to your wagon I think that is highly indicative of at least one of {Luca, Bugs} being town. I think that it’s natural for town to be suspicious of your claim, and if you are town I think that scum would be cautious of how they play around your slot in response to your mason claim, even if they knew for a fact that you weren’t really a mason (i.e. if the setup is something from column B). From your wagon I’m townreading Luca in particular based on his overall play, and the fact that a lot of the points that he brought up with respect to your slot/claim are points that I would have brought up myself if I had been in the game at the time. What are your thoughts on Luca? You’ve mainly focused on George and Bugs from your wagon.
imma be a bit weird here but this entrance post after subbing in gives me weird vibes, like I see defusal here + with the lack of interaction with bare mentions of bugspray, and bugspray's similar avoidance of interacting with you + your slot having voted bugspray right away(not rly that big but small coincidences add up), I am semi confident about this, at the very least I think u 2 are the same alignment
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Aloratom »

My initial thoughts from a quick read:

I don't mind the RQs from bugspray but his later explanation was off-putting. It could be a good initial town play though. Luca's reaction is a bit much -- I don't see how you get a scum read out of the person asking the RQs no matter what some wiki might say somewhere (Luca didn't say anything about a wiki, but I've seen that theory before). Bugspray seems like he's trying to put people on the defensive out of the gate, so overall it's NAI, maybe slightly town. Bugspray's other play, I'm not a fan of wagon hopping, but he is calling people out. His post about not taking someone to L-1 less an lolhammer occur is correct. Overall, I'm leaning town here. I need to go back and see why TSE and JV have their votes on him.

TSE hardclaims Masons with JV. These two seemed tied at the hip. There's a lot of talk about this. I'm not going to rehash it. There's an easy way to find out the truth. Overall, TSE and JV give me equal slight scum vibes, and while I'd rather lynch actual scum, I don't mind a mislynch to put it to rest. I'd say if we're going to do it, lynch JV. If they flip scum, we've probably got our team. If JV flips Mason, then TSE is Mason. I think advertising it was a silly thing to do whether it's true or not and it diverts attention from the mission. I really don't think they're masons though.

George Bailey I don't have a good read on. I look at this:
In post 151, GeorgeBailey wrote: <snip>
I understand scumreading TSE for the Mason claim, (in a noob game, always follow poe's law), but I don't see many other reason to scumread him right now. And the way he reacted to it, didn't seem opportunistic. JacksonVirgo obviously knows him and said that's his style. (Oh god the Town Of Salem Forums look really bad though). TSE is still a scumlean but that's not a hard scumclaim.
In post 146, Chuck Shurley wrote:Did anyone else notice that Jackson is simultaneously tactically distancing themselves from AND emotionally buddying with TSE? This is calculated behavior and I'm curious about the motivation behind it.
Jack and TSE do have good scum equity together. Or they could just be good friends that find it hard to distance during games.
This is a strange post. First, the part about always following Poe's law. Context is key. Adhering to strict rules can get you in trouble. And then, if you look at the substance of the post, it comes to a conclusion of nothing. GB says there's really no reason to scumread TSE right now, but then GB says TSE's a scumlean. Then GB says if TSE's a scumlean, then Jackson Virgo's a scumlean, but it could be that TSE and Jackson Virgo are just being friendly with each other as Town. After reading it, I'm really not sure where GB stands with regard to TSE and Jackson Virgo. I can see where he gets it from I guess because I said above that TSE and JV seem tied at the hip, so maybe it's not GB. Maybe it's TSE and JV. I need to ISO GB further to get a better read on him. This post just really stood out to me.

Lord of Kittens slot is null because of no activity.

Chazary is a town lean. I especially like for calling out TSE for defensive play rather than hunting scum. TSE seems to do this a lot.

Volxen came in strong with . I give him a town lean. I may or may not agree with all of it, but it's a good post. We need to be thinking about the setup, something no one has mentioned. Even with all the talk of masons there's been no talk of the setup except from Volxen.

I need to catch up some more but wanted to give some initial thoughts. I'll be back.

UNVOTE: All

If anyone has key posts that they think I should take a look at please point them out to me.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:13 am

Post by DkKoba »

No comment on my entrance alora?
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:25 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 367, DkKoba wrote:
In post 305, Plotinus wrote:
Aloratom replaces Chuck Shurley! Please welcome him!
In post 231, volxen wrote:
In post 204, TrueSoulEnergy wrote::twisted:
In post 203, GeorgeBailey wrote:Imagine
not
having 10 town reads rn.
I feel that out of you 3 who voted me I think your the most Town and Bugs is the most Scum.
Who out of the people who voted me do you think is scum?
TBH I’m not entirely sure myself.
Why do you find George the most towny out of the three people that were on your wagon (George, Bugs, Luca)? You previously said that you thought that George had the most believable reasons for scumreading you (), and his reasons for scumreading you are centered around him not liking how you responded to your wagon because he thought that you were overly defensive (, ). Whereas Luca and Bugs mainly voted you over your claim. You claimed Mason in a semi-open newbie game. As Luca already pointed out, it’s highly questionable that mason!you would make that claim that early on (even jokingly) given that it… doesn’t really benefit mason!you to do so (if anything it would benefit you more if you were a VT trying to bait the nightkill via WIFOM). I think it’s natural for people to be suspicious of an SE claiming mason that early on, so I’m not seeing why George saying that you were overly defensive in how you responded to your wagon is a better or more believable reason to be scumreading you.

Also, consider the setup. If you are town and the setup is something from column A or column C, then scum has to consider the possibility that you are actually a mason since scum only knows what column the setup is but not which row. In that scenario I think that it’s highly unlikely that both scum would be bold enough to jump on you (meaning Luca and Bugs) in response to your mason claim, as you could always confirm yourself via your mason buddy, and they would potentially look bad for jumping on you back-to-back. Even in the scenario where you are town and the setup is something from column B and scum thus knows that you aren’t really a mason, I still think that it’s unlikely that both scum would jump on you back-to-back for the exact same reason (your mason claim).

With respect to your wagon I think that is highly indicative of at least one of {Luca, Bugs} being town. I think that it’s natural for town to be suspicious of your claim, and if you are town I think that scum would be cautious of how they play around your slot in response to your mason claim, even if they knew for a fact that you weren’t really a mason (i.e. if the setup is something from column B). From your wagon I’m townreading Luca in particular based on his overall play, and the fact that a lot of the points that he brought up with respect to your slot/claim are points that I would have brought up myself if I had been in the game at the time. What are your thoughts on Luca? You’ve mainly focused on George and Bugs from your wagon.
imma be a bit weird here but this entrance post after subbing in gives me weird vibes, like I see defusal here + with the lack of interaction with bare mentions of bugspray, and bugspray's similar avoidance of interacting with you + your slot having voted bugspray right away(not rly that big but small coincidences add up), I am semi confident about this, at the very least I think u 2 are the same alignment
That wasn't my entrance.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:27 am

Post by Aloratom »

In post 369, DkKoba wrote:No comment on my entrance alora?
Sorry. I didn't put it together. Kinda happened while I was reviewing everything.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:30 am

Post by DkKoba »

Its ok, was just weird that u commented on my slot and skipped over what I said.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:38 am

Post by bugspray »

Koba my pronouns are they/them please stop calling me he.

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:42 am

Post by bugspray »

My top srs are tse and stirner