profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:21 am

Post by profii »

In post 343, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 340, profii wrote:Interestingly you call it scum team 1 and scum team 2 when someone else just openly said the obvious 2nd choice of werewolf...

Considering your word choice is probably more scummy than the dude who didnt
Why is werewolf the "obvious 2nd choice"? Why does Kirari's choice of nomenclature carry so much weight with u?

I mean, why in the world is it "scummy" that I didn't call the 2nd scum team wolves?
i feel like you were more conscious of your word choice, whereas the other post just said werewolves without worrying... I feel like scum would concern themselves with details like that more than town.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:23 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Hello. I am town. I will be posting maybe once a day.

This is my one post for today.

Goodbye!
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Yiley »

I'll need to go see if hectic plays every d1 like this but for someone who claims to be lurking/observing he is posting a lot of nothing
Permanent scum read
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

calling the scum teams 1 and 2 is me being conscious? This seems very stretchy and reminds me of your scum game.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Yiley »

In post 400, profii wrote:
In post 340, profii wrote:Interestingly you call it scum team 1 and scum team 2 when someone else just openly said the obvious 2nd choice of werewolf...

Why is werewolf the "obvious 2nd choice"? Why does Kirari's choice of nomenclature carry so much weight with u?

I mean, why in the world is it "scummy" that I didn't call the 2nd scum team wolves?
i feel like you were more conscious of your word choice, whereas the other post just said werewolves without worrying... I feel like scum would concern themselves with details like that more than town.
This really seems like a nothing point. This seems more like a matter of personal nomenclature than something one really worries about the wording on. Maybe there's something here but I'm not buying it yet.
Permanent scum read
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:33 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 404, Yiley wrote:

This really seems like a nothing point. This seems more like a matter of personal nomenclature than something one really worries about the wording on. Maybe there's something here but I'm not buying it yet.
It's one of many "I don't think it's a thing, but can see why someone who is genuinely scumhunting could think of was" in the game.
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:34 am

Post by kagesong »

Okay, officially catching up.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:37 am

Post by profii »

In post 403, Nero Cain wrote:calling the scum teams 1 and 2 is me being conscious? This seems very stretchy and reminds me of your scum game.
I'm trying to cast my mind back to when we've been scum together but it's been too long :oops:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What would u have called the 2 scum teams?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 393, AaronFrost wrote:bob I've already answered why I think TSE is likely town. It's not a read I'm willing to die on, but it's one of the only reads I have right now.

If you want me to comment on his actual play, there's nothing AI. The scum motivated wagon on him is what points to him being town. I'm not gonna keep repeating myself.
Do you think what TSE described in is truthful? Namely that he didn't realize there were votes on him before he claimed?

--

Spoiler: Unofficial VC
TrueSoulEnergy (13)
: NorwegianboyEE, Chemist1422, Nero Cain, Dolly Parton, Garmr, tictac, DrDolittle, Jackal711, Kirari Momobami, insomnia, BBMolla, Pink Ball, Cat Scratch Fever
Garmr (4)
: Black Ranger, bob3141, Yiley, Drixx
Hectic (2)
: Egix96, Emperor flippyNips
Jackal711 (2)
: AaronFrost, TrueSoulEnergy
dsjstr (2)
: Elsa Jay, profii
Elsa Jay (1)
: Almost50
bob3141 (1)
: SausasaurusRex
Sausasaurus Rex (1)
: The Fonz

Not Voting (24)
: Uncrowned, UltimatePlank, kagesong, Hectic, Pine, pisskop, Jamelia, davesaz, Not Known 15, Rhinox, QuantumQuasar, Eeveelution Army, dsjstr, Non Imh, eth0s, Amrun, Golden Robster, NotAJumbleOfNumbers, Something_Smart, hersho, ar98mubarik, clidd, gobbledygook, VaultDweller

50 alive, 26 to lynch
kagesong
kagesong
Goon
kagesong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:41 am

Post by kagesong »

In post 41, Something_Smart wrote:I didn't suggest info lynching? I suggested just playing the game normally, which is probably going to result in a scramble to find a wagon amenable to 26 people and the result is probably going to be a pretty bad lynch... but the events that led to it will still be more useful than a policy lynch.
As of this post, I agree with this position. I'm clearly behind. Taking notes, etc.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:43 am

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

In post 41, Something_Smart wrote:I didn't suggest info lynching? I suggested just playing the game normally, which is probably going to result in a scramble to find a wagon amenable to 26 people and the result is probably going to be a pretty bad lynch... but the events that led to it will still be more useful than a policy lynch.
Going to agree with this too.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:46 am

Post by profii »

In post 408, Nero Cain wrote:What would u have called the 2 scum teams?
probably scum and werewolves... if anything it's less likely that I'd mix them up than if i said red scum blue scum
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Nero Cain »

something is off...

Yiley
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Yiley
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Yiley »

Maybe I missed it but do you have a reason why you think scum team 1 and 2 is more scummy than someone saying wolves? I havent played mafia here in a long time, are wolves more common in games with 2 scum teams?
Permanent scum read
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 401, gobbledygook wrote:Hello. I am town. I will be posting maybe once a day.

This is my one post for today.

Goodbye!
I respect that. Do you also hate Day 1? If you're okay with it, would you like to conglomerate into a hydra for this game?
My role is: Town Mason. What about yours?

Observing for now, don't expect any reads.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:54 am

Post by profii »

In post 414, Yiley wrote:

Maybe I missed it but do you have a reason why you think scum team 1 and 2 is more scummy than someone saying wolves? I havent played mafia here in a long time, are wolves more common in games with 2 scum teams?
nah just my instinct would be to call the 2 scum teams different things... it's based on absolutely no previous games on this site to be fair.
davesaz
davesaz
Survivor
davesaz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:54 am

Post by davesaz »

Here's a game where Hectic was way different D1.

I disapprove equally of hyperposting and hyperghosting.
VOTE: gobble
to generate some discussion
A community that stifles dissent does not deserve the title of community
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 412, profii wrote:
probably scum and werewolves...
if anything it's less likely that I'd mix them up than if i said red scum blue scum
if that's what you'd call them y did you prod kirari about calling a 2nd team wolves?
In post 303, profii wrote:how do you know the other scum faction are werewolves ?
and then use kirari to chide me over using scum team 1 and 2.

Also
strongly disagree
with Fonz that you are doing scum hunting. Light pushing me over using not wolves and throwing out a pressure point but meaningless q @ kirari seems very surface lvl @ best.

Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

TSE replacing out instead of just actually playing the game? Sigh.

I hate tactical replace outs very much.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Wake1 »

I see the auto-votecounter is not working?

I could have sworn it automatically collects votes and posts then automatically, or do I post them? (It's been a long while.)

After work sometime tomorrow morning I'll try to figure out why it's not auto-posting the VCs.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Nero Cain »

someone said it collects the vote but you have to do something to tell it to post a vc

profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:59 am

Post by profii »

In post 418, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 412, profii wrote:
probably scum and werewolves...
if anything it's less likely that I'd mix them up than if i said red scum blue scum
if that's what you'd call them y did you prod kirari about calling a 2nd team wolves?
In post 303, profii wrote:how do you know the other scum faction are werewolves ?
and then use kirari to chide me over using scum team 1 and 2.

Also
strongly disagree
with Fonz that you are doing scum hunting. Light pushing me over using not wolves and throwing out a pressure point but meaningless q @ kirari seems very surface lvl @ best.
first bit - because i figured if i probe this sort of thing someone might react in a slippy kind of 'oops that's what my PM said kind of way'

2nd bit - i dont know what chide means but kirari didnt really react (though there is every chance i missed it if they did) and my gut is just more bothered by scum 1/2 than werewolves.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 166, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
In post 155, insomnia wrote:
In post 153, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:VOTE: DrDoLittle because he's first
7 pages of content and this is your opening?

VOTE: NotAJumbleOfNumbers
UNVOTE:
I didn't bother looking at the 7 pages because i thought it would be pure RVS and nothing else, okay?
Holy crap this is hideous. Terrible look with that defensiveness and fast unvote.

VOTE: NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 417, davesaz wrote:Here's a game where Hectic was way different D1.
he was town that game, doesn't that mean he is somewhat likely to be scum here?