Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1201, GeorgeBailey wrote:VOTE: popopopo

Sorry popo

I think cop is the likeliest in this scenario.

If you flip green, then the next two lynches are set for the next two days.
This would be the easiest post to bus on

Doesnt give a reason except setup spec which is a really weak reason. Especially when the setup seems really unusual
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Ok, I sort of skimmed at the end, kind of got bored. Mafia is supposed to be fun! But this also looks kind of easy now

Persi/Tanner basically conf, so two scum in Una/George/Prana/Knight. Right now I'll say:

Town

Puppy
Persi
Tanner

Prana

Null

Knight

Scum

George
Una

But this is pretty weak imo, I'll spend some time tomorrow trying to catch up on the rest.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1346, Tanner wrote:Yo Puppy, I see you're online again. Mind dropping your claim real quick so we can carry on?
Also, this is really weird to me, I swear at 5:45 I was eating dinner with my family.

I don't think you'd lie about this but I really don't get it. Was it my phone? I guess it doesn't matter but tbh I did feel a little creeped out
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1374, CantHateAPuppy wrote:Una, can you give me your read on Prana?

There's something I want to figure out but I'm not sure what your take here is.
I do not understand the connection with the quote you had there, but I think my take on them has been quite obvious.

I think there's two scum in George, Knightmare, PranaDevil, Puppy.
I believe that out of those four, we should likely go Prana-> George-> Knightmare-> Puppy to win.

Prana hopping on popooopo the way they did gives them no towncred, because we were going to get a lynch anyway.
If it had been on Persivul, sure, we'd be at LyLo, but we'd run down popopopo->Prana next anyway.
Their trajectory D3 is totally off with those last pages compared to the rest of the day.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

I don't remember now why that specific post is what stuck out.

What jumped to me was that you were arguing with Prana when it looked like you both wanted to lynch Persi over popo.

I thin you also argued with George in another context when you were both voting the same, too.

So i find that odd -- why argue with the people who are voting with you?
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 1350, PranaDevil wrote:Question for anyone still thinking I'm scum.

Why do I, voluntarily no less, offer to vote popo to avoid a no lynch? (Note, I did this BEFORE anyone else followed me and said the same).

I could have easily ignored it and let no lynch happen as scum, which Persi even pointed out would have been great for scum (and he would have been right. Today would have just resumed the back and forth between him and popo, with popo being able to lie about their night actions).
popo only needed one more vote, it wasn't required for you to move, Una could have voted popo too.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

I'm Vanilla ice cream, next.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Right.

But what you've all conveniently ignored is the most important question...

Why in the blue hell would I make a very loud statement that I WILL hammer popo, when I had literally no reason to do so?

Fuck me, this town gets focused in one direction and literally ignores everything else.

Day 1. We vote Drew with little to no real discussion on anyone else.

Day 2. We vote Panda, with little to no discussion on anyone else.

Day 3. We got discussion... but only because popo lied, and there was no certainty we would get a lynch without my vote, as Una was not necessarily voting popo (already said they would vote Prsi again most likely), and I didn't want some plank to remove their vote for some stupid reason.

Day 4. Now its tunnel on me.

Town has lost this game severely if that keeps up.

Also, I know I'm town. Only a complete idiot pushes for a confirmed town lynch. I am confirmed town to me, therefore I'm not pushing for my lynch. Understand how that works Tanner?
Persivul
Persivul
His Majesty the King
Persivul
His Majesty the King
His Majesty the King

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 12:09 am

Post by Persivul »

Going camping and will be gone until Sunday afternoon. Not much has changed for me. I think if we lynch through prana-george-una we probably win. I have tanner and knight as town, don't know yet on puppy but of the little that his predecessors wrote nothing really pinged me.

VOTE: prana

Regarding una, there's an old rule of thumb that if you still have a hard null on someone on D3, they're probably scum. I have a hard null on una and it's D4, so that's not good.

The mavs kill seems somewhat favorable for george, but everything george posts is just so damn scummy.
Persivul
Persivul
His Majesty the King
Persivul
His Majesty the King
His Majesty the King

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 1:00 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1333, Tanner wrote:My gut is telling me it's Prana/Knight bussing each other, but I'm aware that doesn't make 100% sense, and I'm imagining Persi telling me I'm a fucking idiot.
I just read knight's entire ISO and I have him as town. I'd need to see a case on him. Maybe you can prepare one while I'm gone.

And yeah, a prana/knight team
really
doesn't make sense to me. Do a double ISO. See posts like and . Doesn't look like scum distancing to me.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 1:12 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 1382, PranaDevil wrote:Also, I know I'm town. Only a complete idiot pushes for a confirmed town lynch. I am confirmed town to me, therefore I'm not pushing for my lynch. Understand how that works Tanner?
I could argue game theory and why sometimes a Townie would go for their own lynch, but I take this was rhetorical.

Also kinda rich coming from you calling this Town "focused on one direction" when 75% of D3 you spent tring to speedlynch Persi. But okay.
In post 1384, Persivul wrote:
In post 1333, Tanner wrote:My gut is telling me it's Prana/Knight bussing each other, but I'm aware that doesn't make 100% sense, and I'm imagining Persi telling me I'm a fucking idiot.
I just read knight's entire ISO and I have him as town. I'd need to see a case on him. Maybe you can prepare one while I'm gone.

And yeah, a prana/knight team
really
doesn't make sense to me. Do a double ISO. See posts like and . Doesn't look like scum distancing to me.
Call me a fucking idiot, Persi, I know you want to.

I'm not sure how much of a case I can make on a ~continued gutping~, (which should be telling in itself probably), but I'll be rereading the game anyway, so. Also, I still think George is Town, will try to sell you on it.

I think it's Una's turn to claim now?
your eyes on the city.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 1:16 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1379, CantHateAPuppy wrote:So i find that odd -- why argue with the people who are voting with you?
I feel like I was the only one trying to really harvest the most we possibly could from yesterday.
I tried to create tension to see who might jump ship or bulldoze onwards the hardest.
I feel like the reactions yesterday were there, now it's just up for everyone to interpret them to their best ability.
IMO Prana+George is very reasonable and logical, and most of all, visibly readable from their interactions yesterday.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 1:18 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

I claim Vanilla Townie.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 1:19 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

Now since you are the only who hasn't claimed yet: please tell me you're an investigative of sorts Tanner, and I can be at peace.
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 1:22 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

I had a hunch you MIGHT have had an inno, at least a soft one, on Persivul, but I didn't want to base my decision yesterday on a hunch about a potential result on a hunch about a potential claim. :lol:
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 1:26 am

Post by Tanner »

Goddammit, I wanted to do a funny and gambit, but I won't, because I doubt I can execute it properly. I'm VT. Sorry Una.

And I don't understand this game.
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 1:30 am

Post by Tanner »

I understand it less*, I mean.

So the only PRs were two Millers that CC each other, a 1x Rolecop that can confirm the surviving Miller, an IC, and whatever the hell Panda's role was? If someone is Town and lying right now, please don't do that.
your eyes on the city.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 1:35 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

This makes more sense to me tbh. :]
In post 784, UnaBombaH wrote:Three goons, and all town has for utility is a 1-shot rolecop - to potentially negate at least one of the negative-utility roles?
Dunno where this site stands on balance regarding the "Mountainous" setup (all Vanillas on both sides).
It was this far back when I first started to think about how funny it could be if the only roles were to be two Millers, a Rolecop and a red herring in whatever Panda was. :lol:
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 1:40 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 1392, UnaBombaH wrote:This makes more sense to me tbh. :]
In post 784, UnaBombaH wrote:Three goons, and all town has for utility is a 1-shot rolecop - to potentially negate at least one of the negative-utility roles?
Dunno where this site stands on balance regarding the "Mountainous" setup (all Vanillas on both sides).
It was this far back when I first started to think about how funny it could be if the only roles were to be two Millers, a Rolecop and a red herring in whatever Panda was. :lol:
The thing is, I think this setup is way too low Town power for 3 scum. Maaaybe a Traitor, but I'm still unsure. IC is one confirmed Town, second Miller that gets confirmed is another, but there's a most likely free mislynch on Day 1... This seems too scumsided?
your eyes on the city.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 1:41 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

The Wiki wrote:If you are a Town Encryptor with no other abilities, you probably want to play as though you were a Miller; the role is very hard to explain away if discovered later in the game.
We pretty much had 3 millers this game
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 1:46 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 1394, GeorgeBailey wrote:
The Wiki wrote:If you are a Town Encryptor with no other abilities, you probably want to play as though you were a Miller; the role is very hard to explain away if discovered later in the game.
We pretty much had 3 millers this game
That would make sense, since a Rolecop getting an "Encryptor" result would treat it as a guilty. Except Panda was also Ascetic. So. There was literally no point to it.

This game is a headache on every front.
your eyes on the city.
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 1:57 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

GB, claim?

~Rectiplanes
Persivul
Persivul
His Majesty the King
Persivul
His Majesty the King
His Majesty the King

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 1:57 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1393, Tanner wrote:The thing is, I think this setup is way too low Town power for 3 scum. Maaaybe a Traitor, but I'm still unsure. IC is one confirmed Town, second Miller that gets confirmed is another, but there's a most likely free mislynch on Day 1... This seems too scumsided?
Remember also that for you to town read george, scum need to have a PR.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 2:10 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 1396, Knightmare491 wrote:GB, claim?
I think GB has claimed VT yesterday?
In post 1397, Persivul wrote:
In post 1393, Tanner wrote:The thing is, I think this setup is way too low Town power for 3 scum. Maaaybe a Traitor, but I'm still unsure. IC is one confirmed Town, second Miller that gets confirmed is another, but there's a most likely free mislynch on Day 1... This seems too scumsided?
Remember also that for you to town read george, scum need to have a PR.
Not necessarily, no. *If* we are facing a 2-man scumteam, I think it'd be somewhat reasonable for them to guess that most people are VT. Also, I remember popo dismissing one of my posts as "you don't know how many scum there are", and now I can't stop thinking about it.

Do you think the way Luca pushed George on Day 1 is s/s? What about him pushing Una?
your eyes on the city.
Persivul
Persivul
His Majesty the King
Persivul
His Majesty the King
His Majesty the King

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 2:13 am

Post by Persivul »

Somewhat reasonable, when they could just use a dead player?