Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 2:19 am

Post by Tanner »

Counterpoint: would scum claim a Track on their buddy knowing we could work this out? And would their buddy go with it only to later bus even though he could use that as the reason to trust them?

I get I'm playing devil's advocate, but scum!George doesn't make sense to me here? Why do you say mavs's kill is indicative of George?
your eyes on the city.
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 2:23 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 1211, GeorgeBailey wrote::/ actually there is, but i guess waiting for replacement is safer for now. If popo is scum role cop they'd know I'm VT and hence I didnt go anywhere.
I checked his iso thrice to find this. He did claim it outright, probably why it did not register in my head.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 2:26 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

In a setup like this where town only has two PRs, IC & the one shot RC. Would there be any harm in giving the scum ungated or shot limited investigatives? Since almost everyone is a VT it makes no real difference.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 2:27 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

didn't*

~Rectiplanes
Persivul
Persivul
His Majesty the King
Persivul
His Majesty the King
His Majesty the King

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 2:31 am

Post by Persivul »

No, I mean mav's kill is good for george, i.e. points to town.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 2:31 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1386, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 1379, CantHateAPuppy wrote:So i find that odd -- why argue with the people who are voting with you?
I feel like I was the only one trying to really harvest the most we possibly could from yesterday.
I tried to create tension to see who might jump ship or bulldoze onwards the hardest.
I feel like the reactions yesterday were there, now it's just up for everyone to interpret them to their best ability.
IMO Prana+George is very reasonable and logical, and most of all, visibly readable from their interactions yesterday.
What I don't like about this is that it looks like you were just setting yourself up for new lynches

You thought Persi was scum, but were really just baiting other players to look scummy instead of working harder to lynch Persi?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 2:33 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1390, Tanner wrote:Goddammit, I wanted to do a funny and gambit, but I won't, because I doubt I can execute it properly. I'm VT. Sorry Una.

And I don't understand this game.
Damn, I guess I can't read, I thought you claimed mason with Persi? At this point I still want you to be town
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 2:35 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 1404, Persivul wrote:No, I mean mav's kill is good for george, i.e. points to town.
Oops, misunderstood, my bad.
CantLynchAPuppy wrote:
In post 1390, Tanner wrote:Goddammit, I wanted to do a funny and gambit, but I won't, because I doubt I can execute it properly. I'm VT. Sorry Una.

And I don't understand this game.
Damn, I guess I can't read, I thought you claimed mason with Persi? At this point I still want you to be town
I did "claim Masons" with Persi, but that was a 100% not serious claim. It's my way of saying I'm completely convinced Persi is Town.

I think a point of interest regarding Luca/Una interactions is Luca pushing/"scumcasing" Una on Day 1, and Una Leading a Luca wagon for a bit on Day 2. Do we think that is likely s/s?
your eyes on the city.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 2:36 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1402, Knightmare491 wrote:In a setup like this where town only has two PRs, IC & the one shot RC. Would there be any harm in giving the scum ungated or shot limited investigatives? Since almost everyone is a VT it makes no real difference.
This would kind of make sense, but why would popo claim tracker if it was someone else on the scumteam who had that role?

Don't know if I buy a "two scum solution" because two millers plus rolecop would always end in two clears. Wasn't there an innocent child too?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 2:40 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1407, Tanner wrote:I think a point of interest regarding Luca/Una interactions is Luca pushing/"scumcasing" Una on Day 1, and Una Leading a Luca wagon for a bit on Day 2. Do we think that is likely s/s?
I will have to look at this, the only thing I saw was a bit of the miller claims before I went to Day 3. gimme a little time

Two millers definitely needed to be resolved, but that's also a really lazy lynch for scum and I think that would probably be more productive than looking for the other two scum bussing each other
I did "claim Masons" with Persi, but that was a 100% not serious claim. It's my way of saying I'm completely convinced Persi is Town.
Damn, I was really hoping I'd subbed into an easy solve after all!
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 2:54 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

No, I think it has to be three scum

Why would popo fake tracker if he only had one partner? Even if he lynched Persi yesterday he'd have to know that he'd be lynched next, that doesn't make sense except with three scum
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 2:56 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 1409, CantHateAPuppy wrote:Damn, I was really hoping I'd subbed into an easy solve after all!
I mean, I think Persi and I are transparently Town at this point anyway, that Mason claim would be a waste.
In post 1410, CantHateAPuppy wrote:No, I think it has to be three scum

Why would popo fake tracker if he only had one partner? Even if he lynched Persi yesterday he'd have to know that he'd be lynched next, that doesn't make sense except with three scum
popo was on L-1 already and it was very very likely he was gonna get lynched. a successful gambit like that would've at least earned him a mislynch and another night. it was a desperate hail-mary.
your eyes on the city.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 3:40 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

No, I'm going to double down here, 2 scum just doesn't make sense rn and I'm not going to second guess myself here. If there's really only one scum left that will work itself out
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 3:57 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 1408, CantHateAPuppy wrote:Don't know if I buy a "two scum solution" because two millers plus rolecop would always end in two clears. Wasn't there an innocent child too?
It wouldn't, as the Rolecop was a 1-shot, but I don't think it really matters anyway. In either case, we need to find 2 Town out of {George, Puppy, Una, Prana, Knight} and lynch the rest.
your eyes on the city.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 4:22 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I would add something here, but it's meaningless, so I'll just post garbage to avoid a prod until you lynch me, and subsequently go "oh yeah... Prana was right, maybe we should look at other lynch options for a change".
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 4:27 am

Post by Tanner »

Are you genuinely surprised at being the next lynch candidate? You do know posts like these don't help you (or us for that matter) if you're Town, yeah?
your eyes on the city.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 4:28 am

Post by PranaDevil »

In fact, after my flip, return to this:

Tanner isn't necessarily town, he's latched onto Persi all game thus far, could easily be very clever buddying. He's also tunnelling on me pretty hard, because he views me as the easy lynch.

Knightmare has been tunnelling me all game too (much like I was with Persi admittedly) but keeps diving all over the place, clearly diving on anything deemed an "easy lynch" such as Persi when popo gave the "guilty" verdict. Ask yourselves why.

Una... well there was a great case against him last night that's been conveniently ignored today... look into that as well, the case, and why it has been conveniently dropped today.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 4:30 am

Post by PranaDevil »

In post 1415, Tanner wrote:Are you genuinely surprised at being the next lynch candidate? You do know posts like these don't help you (or us for that matter) if you're Town, yeah?
You do know that basically reading my posts and going "who cares?" doesn't help me give a crap... yeah?
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Tanner »

I'm reading your posts. I was reading your posts yesterday. I thought your reasons for why popo is Town and Persi is scum were completely wrong. And here we are.

Like, if you're Town here, you were quite certain in saying that I go after Persi flips red. Are you that surprised there's people saying that you go after popo flips red?

I'm reading your posts. I'm taking your PoV into consideration. I will reread all of them if you do end up green. But I struggle to take it seriously when they say "these people pushing me are probably scum" because it seems like a classic scum reaction. I feel Town would understand just how ~bad~ they look and would try to work with that, not around that. If you want to discuss reads, we can discuss reads. I've given an idea why I think Una has anti-associates with the scumslot (Luca casing Una Day 1, Una leading a wagon on Luca D2), do you want to discuss that?
your eyes on the city.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 4:54 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Tanner, who else would u lynch besides Prana

Prana, what is this case against una that got ignored? Def want to hear more about that. Because right now it looks like u're angling against everone left, and Tanner has a point that it's not helping
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 4:56 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 1416, PranaDevil wrote:In fact, after my flip, return to this:

Tanner isn't necessarily town, he's latched onto Persi all game thus far, could easily be very clever buddying. He's also tunnelling on me pretty hard, because he views me as the easy lynch.

Knightmare has been tunnelling me all game too (much like I was with Persi admittedly) but keeps diving all over the place, clearly diving on anything deemed an "easy lynch" such as Persi when popo gave the "guilty" verdict. Ask yourselves why.

Una... well there was a great case against him last night that's been conveniently ignored today... look into that as well, the case, and why it has been conveniently dropped today.
Like, say you're town but we lynch you anyways. if i come back to this, what am i supposed to return to here? that u suspect everyone?
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 1419, CantHateAPuppy wrote:Tanner, who else would u lynch besides Prana
My pool is {puppy, knight, una}, vaguely in that order, but I'm really not feeling confident in it right now.
your eyes on the city.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:23 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Why una last?
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 1418, Tanner wrote:I've given an idea why I think Una has anti-associates with the scumslot (Luca casing Una Day 1, Una leading a wagon on Luca D2)
also I've been townreading Una more throughout the game than the other two slots, but I'm aware I might at this point be tunneled in my scum!Knight town!Una read. That's why I said I want to reread parts of the game, if not in full. I'm aware I don't have ~clarity~ in my reads as opposed to what I had yesterday with popo/Persi/mavs.
your eyes on the city.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 6:09 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Fair, but please look at the Una posts I quoted where he argues with people he's voting with.

Later tonight I will take a look at Day 1 more and think about this some more