Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Datisi »

Vote count 1.21

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2020-07-07 13:00:00)

coalition
PookyTheMagicalBear [5]:
Deimos27, SleeperSoul, DonCorleone, PookyTheMagicalBear, Klick

Clover Ebi [5]:
Clover Ebi, DkKoba, Deimos27, Klick, DonCorleone

Deimos27 [5]:
Deimos27, DkKoba, Klick, Wug, SleeperSoul

DkKoba [4]:
Wug, Klick, DkKoba, Clover Ebi

Alduskkel [4]:
Alduskkel, Klick, SleeperSoul, DkKoba

Klick [4]:
Klick, SleeperSoul, Clover Ebi, DonCorleone

SleeperSoul [3]:
Deimos27, SleeperSoul, Klick

Wug [1]:
Wug

DonCorleone [0]:

lynch
SleeperSoul (1):
Deimos27

Wug (1):
DonCorleone

PookyTheMagicalBear (1):
Alduskkel

not voting (6):
Klick, Clover Ebi, SleeperSoul, PookyTheMagicalBear, Wug, DkKoba

flavourImage

mod notes
  • Play nice.
Last edited by Datisi on Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Wug
Wug
Townie
Wug
Townie
Townie

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:43 am

Post by Wug »

it depends

the "this sounds weird" sold it
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:44 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Spoiler:
In post 771, SleeperSoul wrote:you're making me paranoid! HURT: dc

him and tux are still fighting over the weakest slot in my coalition
In post 781, SleeperSoul wrote:Deimos, I see in the VC that you're voting me but also putting me in your coalition. What gives? :lol:

pedit: dang you're good. These are good points.... you're making me paranoid of pooky too though I still town read him pretty strong

I want it known that I am exercising a great degree of restraint in recognising that the way Sleeper is sucking up to me here is probably NAI for him. From anyone else this would hella ping me as hard buddying.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:44 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

In post 822, Deimos27 wrote:You've healed Don. Which of their posts do you think are town-AI?
His early game posts saying he'll lynch himself if his co is wrong felt fine to me. I'm still debating on my 5th of him/others but the other 4 I feel fine about (well 3 if you don't count myself)
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 826, Wug wrote:it depends

the "this sounds weird" sold it
That resonates so much with my first impression that I consider it a strong towntell.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Deimos27 »

I didn't comment on it cause I didn't know how to rationalize it, but the part I liked the most tonally was the "this sounds weird"
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Deimos27 »

HURT: Koba
I gotta think about this Koba/Pooky situation harder.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

yall actually busy while i was at work. Nice to see. Deimos i have questions for you when i get around to dissecting your recent content. Something you said interested me.
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:56 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 801, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 798, Deimos27 wrote:That isn't intrinsically illogical. It depends on the 3 players, and the reasoning for why they are being suspected.
It's illogical because the default strategy for scum is one-on one-off.

If you switch 3 suspicious people on-coalition for 3 off-coalition people, even if you are right about one of those three people you switched off - you end up with their scumbuddy instead and end up in the hot seat when the coalition fails
I'm sorry i cant deliver a 2/2 solve right away and have suspicions about more slots than there is scum );
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:01 am

Post by DkKoba »

i think a certain pair of people have been engaging in scum theater btw ! While its probably a dumb theory it matches up with the read i made last night on the table
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:18 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 748, DonCorleone wrote:I am inclined to say that there is one scum at most in (pooky, koba)
I disagree here. Both of us are town. I have just given up trying to convince Pooky as they refuse to reason with me logically. Although I will give them at least a nice longpost about my reasoning why what he claims is illogical is logical from my point of view in terms of wanting to criticize coalitions. (and also my general frustration with no reasoning given)
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:25 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 807, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 798, Deimos27 wrote:That isn't intrinsically illogical. It depends on the 3 players, and the reasoning for why they are being suspected.

If you switch 3 suspicious people on-coalition for 3 off-coalition people, even if you are right about one of those three people you switched off - you end up with their scumbuddy instead and end up in the hot seat when the coalition fails
Ok you're actually right I missed the fact that replacing three mathematical guarantees including the second scum, if there was only one originally.
No it doesnt :lol: that's logically incorrect.

9-5=4

1 scum + 2 town can be replaced by 3 town :lol:
(DM me)

DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:27 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 835, DkKoba wrote:
In post 748, DonCorleone wrote:I am inclined to say that there is one scum at most in (pooky, koba)
I disagree here. Both of us are town. I have just given up trying to convince Pooky as they refuse to reason with me logically. Although I will give them at least a nice longpost about my reasoning why what he claims is illogical is logical from my point of view in terms of wanting to criticize coalitions. (and also my general frustration with no reasoning given)
I think you missed the bit where I said “at most”
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 836, DkKoba wrote:

Ok you're actually right I missed the fact that replacing three mathematical guarantees including the second scum, if there was only one originally.

9-5=4

Oh I was thinking 9-6 by excluding you for some reason.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:36 am

Post by DkKoba »

Now. So I can lay this to rest finally.

So I sub into the game. I see a coalition going. Great. I skim through and see issues with multiple people on said coalition. I feel that there has been 0 critical analysis of people. This is bad! If its right, hey, its a free W but at that point we just rolled a die and went with the first result. I proposed my own second coalition with people I was more confident about. And I wanted to get reasoning from people on why they thought theirs was solid. If you think I'm reading the coalition and assuming a specific number of scum then thats your first wrong assumption about me. I was going from the ground up and reading independently. I assumed Pooky was capable enough to be able to explain his own reads as town, which after examining meta proved wrong. So I was majorly suspicious of him at this point. It's annoying that they still refuse to engage about reasons on why they think their coalition is right and even lied about it but I'm not about to toss a game with a hardtunnel.

I want the coalition to go through to be one that once its set, we at least have good information going into the rest of D1 should it fail. just letting a RVS coalition go through with no conflict is just... extremely anti town. I gained plenty of info on slots from my own pushes.

There's just something that does bother me is that during all that I wasn't asked a single time to explain my own coalition. Because I was waiting to see if anyone was actually interested in my reasoning. And at the end of the day, town makes mistakes too and assuming someone does something that is illogical from your point of view is automatically scum is bad play. Engage with me and discuss my motives! I shouldn't have to do this out of frustration at the game state. Like if you think I am scum I am paddling upstream really hard with the angle I took.
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:36 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 838, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 836, DkKoba wrote:

9-5=4

and also you have to account for the fact that I myself am 100% confirmed town from my own point of view
Oh I was thinking 9-6 by excluding you for some reason.
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:37 am

Post by DkKoba »

fuck i messed up it. meant to say under the quote that
"and also you have to account for the fact that I myself am 100% confirmed town from my own point of view"
but it ended up in the quote
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:38 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 837, DonCorleone wrote:
In post 835, DkKoba wrote:
I think you missed the bit where I said “at most”
ok fair enough :lol: as much as I disliked pooky's play so far I don't want them marked as scum. similarly to votato's slot, as votato's behavior has been similar. I have those 2 slots as locktown, as much as I hate to say it.
(DM me)

Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 441, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 432, DkKoba wrote:actually no I have alduskkel now because of PoE LOL

ya my scum PoE is Deimos, Pooky, and Don :)
So alduskkel is
in
your coalition by PoE, while scum is in Deimos/Pooky/Don by PoE?
These make me really confused about which of your reads are PoE and how. You have three candidates for scum — if alduskkel hasn't cleared themselves yet for you, why not make it four?
I asked you about Aldus at least, but thanks for the reminder. Did you ever respond to this?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:41 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 843, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 441, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 432, DkKoba wrote:actually no I have alduskkel now because of PoE LOL

ya my scum PoE is Deimos, Pooky, and Don :)
So alduskkel is
in
your coalition by PoE, while scum is in Deimos/Pooky/Don by PoE?
These make me really confused about which of your reads are PoE and how. You have three candidates for scum — if alduskkel hasn't cleared themselves yet for you, why not make it four?
I asked you about Aldus at least, but thanks for the reminder. Did you ever respond to this?

this read is outdated I've since moved on. But I had thought alduskkel was towny but just I found the rest of my coalition choice to be stronger.(i.e. if i had a coaliton of 6 at the time id have included him on it.
(DM me)

Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Koba you're pretty close to a winning coalition if you still tr Sleeper and you think Pooky/votato are locktown.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:43 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 761, Deimos27 wrote:I think Koba reversing his read on Pooky is a towntell. Don't see any really good scum motivation. If anything, I think scum would double down while licking their lips after getting that chain of non-responses from their tunnel.
In post 769, Deimos27 wrote:I'm paranoid enough of Pooky and DC to replace them for Koba and Tux
In post 786, SleeperSoul wrote:I will say that Koba's style kind of reminds me of a way more oblivious and stubborn version of myself.... so that sort of comes accross as town. But I'm having trouble reading them. They just seem super ticked off in general. NAI
Can you elaborate?
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:43 am

Post by DkKoba »

whoops didnt mean to quote all 3 posts. i had other plans for the other 2 quotes :lol: only meant the last one
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:45 am

Post by DkKoba »

HEAL: Pooky just to be clear
(DM me)

Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Deimos27 »

If your grand plans include me being scum, I'm sorry to disappoint.