Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Porkens »

That’s just how I feel at the moment given how I read the gamestate.
worse than random
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:55 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Freezing the deadline at 2 days.

Prodding shellyc, they have (expired on 2020-07-23 18:31:44) before I start looking for a replacement.
Last edited by GeorgeBailey on Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:04 am

Post by Redados »

Our day is going to be a little longer because (correct me if I'm wrong) Micc and N0bleNoob both get replacements, and we should probably hear those replacements out before we lynch. We'll see if Shelly has to replace out too :(
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:13 am

Post by T-Bone »

We're in a bit of a holding pattern, but that's okay.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:37 am

Post by Redados »

@T-Bone, is there any particular reason you're keeping reads close to your chest? Do you not like to do big reads lists of everyone? I want to hear more from you
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:38 am

Post by MiniMegabyte »

Does this mean that when all replacements are in we still have 2 days left for day 1?
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by shellyc »

Sorry, my work's been unexpectedly busy. I'm going to read all the posts i've missed
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 345, Redados wrote:
In post 343, Porkens wrote:@red, no I don’t think it’s that weak. She is definitely sheeping reads, which could very well be a scum player who’s having trouble forming town-like thoughts on the game.
Yes and no, because in my head it ended up being a lower percentage of her posts than I remembered it being. She did have plenty of original thoughts.

Also, am I correct that it's also a noob thing to sheep reads too? That seems like something I tried to do in my first game was try to say SOMETHING and I didn't have original thoughts because I was pretty new to the game.

It's my first game on mafiascum, and I haven't been playing mafia for months. I don't have a ton of thoughts on the gamestate, and that is NAI.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by shellyc »

I'm going to unvote Micc, he's going to get replaced and I rather wait for the new replacement.
UNVOTE: Micc
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 369, Porkens wrote:That’s fine, and I’m looking forward to seeing what the replacements have to offer. My general message still stands though: I think it’s time to consolidate on 1 or 2 folks we can come to some compromise on.
In my opinion, because Micc / N0ble are getting replaced, there's no point to park votes on them.
Minimegabyte has continued to seem townie after I unvoted them, I see him as a TR right now.
Italiano has given susses and I like his reads and logic. I don't know about alignment but leaning on town.
Porkens has been helping town advance the wincon by questioning and pushing, but has some logic I don't agree with. I see him as slight TR.
T-Bone has been pushing Micc, who hasn't posted in days. And that's it. I'd like to hear more from T-Bone.
GeniusGamer a little scummy, I agree with ItalianoVD that he is playing passively.
Redados is fairly sus. He did an OMGUS on Italiano which I think is quite odd, then reversed his statement. I see him as slight SR.
Redados / T-Bone could be a good vote today.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 379, Redados wrote:@T-Bone, is there any particular reason you're keeping reads close to your chest? Do you not like to do big reads lists of everyone? I want to hear more from you
I'm not a big readslist type of person, and I am a real-time reader. I find that if you go digging into people's posts, you can convince yourself of whatever alignment you are trying to prove they are. I think most people only reveal themselves in small moments, rather than in every post, like seems to be the assumption when you go to re-read posts, ISO dive, meta dive, etc.

I would put the Micc slot as scum, I find Italiano most town, and everyone else falls in between. I don't think a lot of players have done anything in particular that is alignment indicative.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 380, MiniMegabyte wrote:Does this mean that when all replacements are in we still have 2 days left for day 1?
Yup.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

SJReaver replaces N0bleNoob
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 1.7

Redados(2)
~ (53), (18)

shellyc(1)
~ (62)
N0bleNoob(1)
~ (49)
MiniMegabyte(1)
~ (19)
Micc(1)
~ (27)

Not Voting (3): (43), (33), (61)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is (expired on 2020-07-26 15:14:53)

MOD REMINDERSDeadline frozen until I find a replacement for Micc
Last edited by GeorgeBailey on Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by SJReaver »

Greetings and salutations!

I just finished my first game and enjoyed it so much that I wanted to jump right into another.

I wanted to share my thoughts and feelings so far. You see, I've skimmed this thread a few times! (Mostly to see the strange bean pictures, but I read things too)

Italian-guy
is town - he is the most towniest person in this thread. Open, engaged, flexible, and spontaneous. It's like watching a puppy-dog play in the snow.

Mini
feels town to me. Slightly town lead. Her expression of confusion early on read as genuine and made sense in terms of the content. Since then, she's warmed up and seemed to be trying more.

Pokey
- Town read. Active scum hunting and trying to prod the group into action. (Why is your avatar judging me? How does it know I drank milk straight from the container?) My problem, however, is that I find them overly competent compared to the rest of the group. They come off as experienced and confident, and people seem to have largely accepted them as townie without the same level of scrutiny others have received.

T-Bone -
Gnnnseefahsadsfnnn. Makes me nervous. Also, the push on Micc is odd. He's said almost nothing, and even if you viewed making a joke during the beginning of the game as suspicious (that's a reach), that's not sufficient evidence. However, it's an easy elimination that will get you no pushback for advocating.

I also found the implied threat to hammer Italian followed by the 'oh, there is no good or bad way to play' a strange swivel in tone. It feels like he was asking you questions you didn't like and you (successfully) shut him down.

Genius Jellyfish
- I had a slight sus about them at first because they didn't get an obvious joke, and then there was the overely long discussion about knowing how other posters think that might have worked as a side-note, but managed to dominate a page or two.

His playstyle is more mechanical than my own, so I don't know to what sense it's a communication style issue. (Italian was also part of that convo, but I read him heavily as town.)

Redos
- Not much yet. They seem to be highly interested in orthopraxy and optimal play. It makes me wary as I think it's easier to high scummy behaviors when you adhere to rigid notions of what should or shouldn't be said/done.

Shellyc
- Apparently a plagiarist? Null read.

Any other players? Micc is the invisible man.

UNVOTE:

While I'm here, enjoy some lava flow.
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by SJReaver »

Toss questions my way.

I'll make tea; we'll chat.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by Redados »

Your words made me chuckle. I like your word choice. I had to look up orthopraxy. You're definitely right that that's what I'm focused on. Hopefully as I get more experience, I'll be able to feel things out a little better and more spontaneously. I don't feel like I know another way to play right now. I'll keep working on it.

I think you ended up contributing more in one post that N0bleNoob has the whole game! My vote on N0bleNoob was to pressure him to contribute, so I feel comfortable with
UNVOTE

We probably need to consolidate to lynch within the next couple of days, right now it's looking like me? I suggest someone else, of course :cool:
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 388, GeorgeBailey wrote:
Votecount 1.7

Redados(2)
~ (53), (18)

shellyc(1)
~ (62)
N0bleNoob(1)
~ (49)
MiniMegabyte(1)
~ (19)
Micc(1)
~ (27)

Not Voting (3): (43), (33), (61)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is currently Frozen at 2 days

MOD REMINDERSDeadline frozen until I find a replacement for Micc
If this vote count is still accurate, I think it's funny/interesting that none of the current votes are from later than page three. All these votes have stuck since basically the beginning of the game.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by shellyc »

SJReavers, Welcome to the thread.

Am I seriously a plagiarist? are you saying that I demonstrate no thought?
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 346, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 330, MiniMegabyte wrote:Italiano can I ask why you see Redados as scum? I may have missed it I would ask noblenoob the same but atm he’s been prodded and hasn’t posted
Initially he posted a readslist on page 2. This was after he had gotten some heat for inviting GeniusGamer in RVS. For me it seemed like he was trying to look town and I even mentioned that it was something that had some history of being done so it wasn’t me just making something up. Then he didn’t care for my push on him but was okay with everyone else pushing others. Voted for me, which I thought was kinda OMGUS, but not as blatant as it was with you and Shellyc. I thought that was a bit contradictory. Then his 180 on me without much reason except gut. I’m usually suspicious of people who do 180s on me regardless of where their they think my alignment leans.

With all that said, while I don’t see a reason to not keep my vote here. I am a little less uneasy about Redados as I was the first half of the game. Not sure, but I may or may not be voting for him the closer it gets to the deadline.
Not sure if this was a true 180, since I last expressed suspicion on you on July 16th, then read you as town 100 posts later on July 20th. I think it's okay to feel differently after four days and seeing you post more.
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by SJReaver »

I'm not too keen to eliminate you.

You could convince me otherwise, of course. Maybe adopt a New Jersey accent, a slicked-back hairstyle, and a fondness for mock executions.

Tell me, why do you think that people are reading you as suspicious? I see you're active.
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by SJReaver »

In post 393, shellyc wrote:SJReavers, Welcome to the thread.

Am I seriously a plagiarist? are you saying that I demonstrate no thought?
Greetings.

I don't know, and no.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Redados »

ItalianoVD and ShellyC have both read me as suspicious for reversing my position on ItalianoVD from scumread to townread. They've also both mentioned my OMGUS vote on Italiano. N0bleNoob voted for me on page three and never unvoted (until you unvoted) from how I voted in RVS.

I won't apologize for reading Italiano as scum early in the game. Now that everything is more fleshed out and I've read two of his earlier games I am feeling like he is town. My vote may have been a little OMGUS but it was one hundred posts after Italiano's vote, so I don't see a huge problem with it. I'm not scared of having votes on me. I'm an open book and I have nothing to hide. I've been active, I've made pushes, I've tried to move the game forward and create content. That's all I can do.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Porkens »

Glad to be playing with you flower person.
worse than random
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by SJReaver »

@Porkens:

Thank you. I am new at this. You feel townie to me but you also come off as being experienced enough to be able to fake it well. How does a novice scumhunter best tackle that situation?

@Redados:

There's nothing scum-indicative of being put off by someone thinking you are scum. If you are town, you know they're wrong. The first instinct is always to want to push back. If anything, I think mafia are more likely to remain calm and rational because they're more interested in maintianing a facade.