A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by T-Bone »

And I mean putting the tactic stuff aside that we were talking about. Let's digress on that because that's more out of game stuff than in-game.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Oof, T-Bone strikes again on awful pagetops.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by word321 »

In post 449, T-Bone wrote:I do not understand that post, or why you are backing down from this scumread.
think of a world where t bone is a scum that is latching on a player to try to stay out of the radar and dsnt talk about anyone else; now think on a situation when someone heavily calls u out for that, maybe in even in a (Battle-mage solefocused) way. How does scum react?
Well, as I said earlier, the argument is selfdemostrating; u pretty much cant fake ur reaction as scum. That is the purpose of baiting.
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently playing in Open 794, Newbie2028.
Currently UTC-3.
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by word321 »

U were a player that refused to look outside the slot and I didnt know a priori what exactly ur reaction would be to that post; it was intended to give soemthing of ur personna
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently UTC-3.
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by word321 »

U cant fake that kind of reaction as scum; so the bait worked as intended
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently UTC-3.
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

I don't particularly see Red as scum now at the beginning it was a bit odd that they didnt want 2 votes on a particular person but since then i see no reason as to why they would be scum, however if you think they are what makes you think that? Because from what i have been reading Red isnt the one who is plagiarising posts.
I am not currently voting anyone because as I said when I unvoted shelly in post 228 I wasnt sure about anyone being scum. GeniusGamer kept their vote on me for quite a while until they noticed a wagon on Red and there being in post 411 is their first comment on how they werent getting very town-like vibes from them but never explained why? Just seems like its just a vote to go with the wagon.
I didnt ask again why you were voting the MIcc slot I asked who you thought their likely partner was.
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by word321 »

In post 447, GeniusGamer wrote:
In post 444, word321 wrote: 1. WHY did u read his games (and there is no correct answer; just give me ur thought process on why it was worthwhile to invest time on reading one of his ganes)
I don't see the point in asking this. Why does it matter that someone read a game? It's
always
a good idea.
WHY did he decide to read a game of a player that he already townread, and do it again, given that time is a limited resource, specially considering he was the player that was attacking him?
Not only that, it tells more about what actually is Reds process when he looks for clues on town and scum than anything else; scum always try to act like town, so one of the ways to catch scum is to identify when players r going against
their own
notions of what is scummy and what is not
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently UTC-3.
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by word321 »

I guess I can share my dilemma with red:
What has been ascertained without doubt is that red goes to great lengths to investigate every slot one way or the other; that he is not afraid to either ISO or to red past games of players.
Ive seen some townie reactions overall on his treatment of isos and such; but the question remains on wheter they r motivated for the rightful reasons, and specially the dives on Italiano seems odd for the reasons tated above. I overall dnt want to hammer this slot, and would prefer other just for the sheer commitment this guy have (that will inevetably lead to us getting more info on wheter he is ill intended or not). But there is still the point of why he went for italiano while townreading him twice in a row.
Checking for consistencies on investigations is always good, too; ive seen ppl fake metadives, or situations where ppl give 5 links to different games to ascertain a point on a player and only 2 r truly relevant. I myself have falsified probabilities to make situations seem better for one side or another, so it is ALWAYS a good idea to doublecheck on ppls arguments.
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently UTC-3.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 444, word321 wrote:
In post 439, Redados wrote:
In post 420, word321 wrote:I just isoed red to see what taht was about. before sharing a opinion on red, first I want u to address somethin:
U said u read 2 Italianos games to solidify ur opinion. Firs of all, u already stated u thought italiano was town before, when he first pushed. Did u read it at that point? If not, why did u find the need to search for previous games of Italiano?
Finally, why those changed ur opinion? Care to elaborate what u found and why it is consistent with town Italiano?
Order of operations:
-I read Italiano as scum
-I read Italiano as town
-(I read one of Italiano's games)
-I post that I read one of Italiano's games and that I think he's town
-(I read Italiano's other game)
-I post that I read on of Italiano's other games and that I think he's town.

I hope that was enough that you feel ready to share your opinion on me.
there r still 2 points I want:
1. WHY did u read his games (and there is no correct answer; just give me ur thought process on why it was worthwhile to invest time on reading one of his ganes)
2. What did u see on those games, maybe in a broad way, to make u think he was more townie for this
1. This game was moving very slowly at the time, not a lot of activity, so I read three games: two Italiano games and one Porkens game. I wanted to learn more.
2. Italiano in both games (and he was town in both ways) speaks and writes the same way. He has short points with his semi-spontaneous thoughts and he has long posts where he quotes people and speaks with them point by point. In both games, he makes the same sort of pushes on people. In general, I see a lot of similarities between his two town games and his current game.

The second Italiano game I read was also MiniMegabyte's first game. In that game she also did the "I'm confused" thing, so that was disappointing to see that she was still doing that in this game. She was town in that game too. That game doesn't teach me about her alignment though, because even though she played similarly and she was town that game, she either is figuring things out is scum and figured out she can keep doing that, or she hasn't quite figured things out and she's town. So that's NAI.

The game I read of Porkens was a blitz game and he played COMPLETELY differently. In the current game, he is constantly pushing and asking questions, but in that blitz game he hung back and was pretty passive and not even super active. However, Porkens has been on this site a long time, and as T-Bone said earlier in this game the more experienced a player is, the worse that meta is. So of the hundred games that Porkens has played, I don't think I learn anything about Porkens' alignment either. Plus, Porkens style in this game where he pushes and makes everyone justify their words and their actions could just be a strategy for how he plays in newbie games (he plays in a lot of games, it's tough to sift through).

So after reading those three games, I'm starting to agree with T-Bone when he says that "meta is trash". I read three games, got AI, NAI, NAI on the three people I was keeping track of, so in relation to the time I spent, I didn't really learn much.

That said, I'll probably keep reading old games and thinking like this, because it's fun and I want to stay active and involved and keep learning while helping the town. So we'll see.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 454, word321 wrote:U cant fake that kind of reaction as scum; so the bait worked as intended
I don’t like this post.
worse than random
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 454, word321 wrote:U cant fake that kind of reaction as scum; so the bait worked as intended
In post 458, Redados wrote:
In post 444, word321 wrote:
In post 439, Redados wrote:
In post 420, word321 wrote:I just isoed red to see what taht was about. before sharing a opinion on red, first I want u to address somethin:
U said u read 2 Italianos games to solidify ur opinion. Firs of all, u already stated u thought italiano was town before, when he first pushed. Did u read it at that point? If not, why did u find the need to search for previous games of Italiano?
Finally, why those changed ur opinion? Care to elaborate what u found and why it is consistent with town Italiano?
Order of operations:
-I read Italiano as scum
-I read Italiano as town
-(I read one of Italiano's games)
-I post that I read one of Italiano's games and that I think he's town
-(I read Italiano's other game)
-I post that I read on of Italiano's other games and that I think he's town.

I hope that was enough that you feel ready to share your opinion on me.
there r still 2 points I want:
1. WHY did u read his games (and there is no correct answer; just give me ur thought process on why it was worthwhile to invest time on reading one of his ganes)
2. What did u see on those games, maybe in a broad way, to make u think he was more townie for this
1. This game was moving very slowly at the time, not a lot of activity, so I read three games: two Italiano games and one Porkens game. I wanted to learn more.
2. Italiano in both games (and he was town in both ways) speaks and writes the same way. He has short points with his semi-spontaneous thoughts and he has long posts where he quotes people and speaks with them point by point. In both games, he makes the same sort of pushes on people. In general, I see a lot of similarities between his two town games and his current game.

The second Italiano game I read was also MiniMegabyte's first game. In that game she also did the "I'm confused" thing, so that was disappointing to see that she was still doing that in this game. She was town in that game too. That game doesn't teach me about her alignment though, because even though she played similarly and she was town that game, she either is figuring things out is scum and figured out she can keep doing that, or she hasn't quite figured things out and she's town. So that's NAI.

The game I read of Porkens was a blitz game and he played COMPLETELY differently. In the current game, he is constantly pushing and asking questions, but in that blitz game he hung back and was pretty passive and not even super active. However, Porkens has been on this site a long time, and as T-Bone said earlier in this game the more experienced a player is, the worse that meta is. So of the hundred games that Porkens has played, I don't think I learn anything about Porkens' alignment either. Plus, Porkens style in this game where he pushes and makes everyone justify their words and their actions could just be a strategy for how he plays in newbie games (he plays in a lot of games, it's tough to sift through).

So after reading those three games, I'm starting to agree with T-Bone when he says that "meta is trash". I read three games, got AI, NAI, NAI on the three people I was keeping track of, so in relation to the time I spent, I didn't really learn much.

That said, I'll probably keep reading old games and thinking like this, because it's fun and I want to stay active and involved and keep learning while helping the town. So we'll see.
This post I like.
worse than random
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by word321 »

yes; it was a townie reaction. i dnt think this is our hammer for today.
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently UTC-3.
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by word321 »

who do u want on the gallows, porken?
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently UTC-3.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Redados »

I'm scumreading GeniusGamer. Can someone else ISO him so I know I'm not crazy? He has said practically nothing this whole game despite posting a large amount of times.

Hesitant to vote for him because of OMGUS. But I said I was scumreading him in post #294 and I haven't seen much to change my mind since then.

On the other hand, if he is scum, I would have thought by now that his partner would have told him to correct his play. So idk. If he's scum, I don't think his partner is an SE.
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

In post 463, Redados wrote:I'm scumreading GeniusGamer. Can someone else ISO him so I know I'm not crazy? He has said practically nothing this whole game despite posting a large amount of times.

Hesitant to vote for him because of OMGUS. But I said I was scumreading him in post #294 and I haven't seen much to change my mind since then.

On the other hand, if he is scum, I would have thought by now that his partner would have told him to correct his play. So idk. If he's scum, I don't think his partner is an SE.
I sorta started sr him above too
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 411, GeniusGamer wrote:I’m liking Sunflower Guy so far. Welcome to the thread!

We still need to decide who exactly to eliminate though. So who will that be? I do notice a wagon on Redados, and I’m not getting very town-like vibes from him... I’ll just keep my vote here until I’m convinced otherwise.

VOTE: Redados
Welcome to the game word321. Happy to have you. Personally, I still think TBone and the Micc slot (You) is a town vs town interaction. Hopefully I’m right. :roll:

As of right now, I only see a couple players I could vote for instead of Red. I still feel a little questionable about Genius especially with his recent vote, so I could maybe go there. Porkens is the other player I’ve not been too high on. Everyone else seems like town to me. If any of my townread players are scum then kudos to you. I don’t really like the partnership thing, but if I had to guess I’d say Red/Porkens.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 462, word321 wrote:who do u want on the gallows, porken?
Thanks for asking, i is of and made a readslist:

Italiano
SK/noob

Mini

Tbone
Shelly

Hat/mic

Genius

VOTE: genius[/v]

P. Edit gah you guys are gunna make me look like a copycat.
worse than random
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by Porkens »

VOTE: genius
worse than random
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by Porkens »

I ISO’d and made*
worse than random
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

After 458, now I’m completely lost. That didn’t sound like a scum driven post. :facepalm: Oy ve. :igmeou:
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

I can do that.

VOTE: Genius
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 463, Redados wrote:I'm scumreading GeniusGamer. Can someone else ISO him so I know I'm not crazy? He has said practically nothing this whole game despite posting a large amount of times.

hmmm. I think he's probably a good vote today. I looked at his ISO and it seems really passive, not sure though
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by shellyc »

Italiano, why did you hop on this BW? without any further agreement / disagreement on the vote. There are 2 people on and i'd like to hear his defense before voting
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by Porkens »

So genius votes for mini in after mic and I express suspicion on her. Then invites in after I said I dint love her as the exile today. In he votes for red after both italV and SJR espresso suspicion.
Other than that I don’t see a lot of solving or expressing reads with reasons.
worse than random
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 469, ItalianoVD wrote:After 458, now I’m completely lost. That didn’t sound like a scum driven post. :facepalm: Oy ve. :igmeou:
As I've been saying since the beginning, I'm town :]
In post 466, Porkens wrote:
In post 462, word321 wrote:who do u want on the gallows, porken?
Thanks for asking, i is of and made a readslist:

Italiano
SK/noob

Mini

Tbone
Shelly

Hat/mic

Genius

VOTE: genius[/v]

You didn't include me!