shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 873, Porkens wrote:Again, you really don't need to stress about this if you are town.
Avoiding the question? hmmm
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 873, Porkens wrote:I've given my reads of the 4, what are yours?
What are you adamant that I'm the scum out of the 4
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 873, Porkens wrote: I've given my reads of the 4, what are yours?
Well given that scenario I don’t think anything changes as far as my reads are concerned. I still have:

Redados >> Shellyc >> TBone >> Mini.

In that order
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

So if most of us are sure Porkens is scum, what are we waiting for instead of eliminating him? Because if people are so sure then there should be no need for extra discussion time. However unless you are doubting that porkens is in fact not scum and he is actually town in that case why are they being voted up?
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 875, shellyc wrote:
In post 873, Porkens wrote:Again, you really don't need to stress about this if you are town.
Avoiding the question? hmmm

What question are you referring to? sorry I'm not seeing it but I am tired.
worse than random
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by shellyc »

Sorry, I meant something like are you avoiding Italiano's statement: "No, your plan to just keep making wrong cases."

Are you implying that you are making wrong cases if you assure Italiano to not stress about this?
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 876, shellyc wrote:
In post 873, Porkens wrote:I've given my reads of the 4, what are yours?
What are you adamant that I'm the scum out of the 4
ShellyC, you have been scum read by enough people in this game to get to E-1. It's inevitable, in a 3p situation that you are going to be the target of elimination, so you need to be ready for that. I'm calling you scum NOW so you can start to think about how you are going to defend yourself THEN. Your reaction is overly defensive in my opinion, so be prepared to explain why it isn't. And try, as much as you can, to generate as much original content as possible. Avoid repeating what others have said, even if you agree. Find a way to say it in your own words.
worse than random
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 878, MiniMegabyte wrote:Because if people are so sure then there should be no need for extra discussion time.
Did you just scumslip? Town would definitely want and need discussion time; it is our way of finding the scum.

The current plan: Porkens -> Italiano -> the f4 with me, you, Redados, and T-Bone

We need to sort out the future of town. The different possibilities that may arise, even though Porkens is scummiest right now.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 880, shellyc wrote:Sorry, I meant something like are you avoiding Italiano's statement: "No, your plan to just keep making wrong cases."

Are you implying that you are making wrong cases if you assure Italiano to not stress about this?
Well, technically I guess that's true because I think Italiano is the last scum, and other case I make I do, to a fair extent, believe is wrong.

I made the best case I could based on interactions with Micc. I believe Italiano was/is his partner. I'll die for that case with no regrets. I sincerely hope that town will eliminate Italiano tomorrow.

BUT I MIGHT BE WRONG! And in that case, I'd like to have an intellectually honest conversation about the 4 players who may be alive in endgame if I am.
worse than random
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 881, Porkens wrote:ShellyC, you have been scum read by enough people in this game to get to E-1. It's inevitable, in a 3p situation that you are going to be the target of elimination, so you need to be ready for that. I'm calling you scum NOW so you can start to think about how you are going to defend yourself THEN. Your reaction is overly defensive in my opinion, so be prepared to explain why it isn't. And try, as much as you can, to generate as much original content as possible. Avoid repeating what others have said, even if you agree. Find a way to say it in your own words.
Do you think I have not generated original content? Also how do I defend myself when nobody has made a case against me?
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by shellyc »

What do you find scummy about me? I'll converse geniunely.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 877, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 873, Porkens wrote: I've given my reads of the 4, what are yours?
Well given that scenario I don’t think anything changes as far as my reads are concerned. I still have:

Redados >> Shellyc >> TBone >> Mini.

In that order

Great, thank you. I think Shelly and Mini are fairly obvious reads, but I'd like to dig in to Redados and TBone. Why do you find Red scummier than TBone?
worse than random
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

In post 882, shellyc wrote:
In post 878, MiniMegabyte wrote:Because if people are so sure then there should be no need for extra discussion time.
Did you just scumslip? Town would definitely want and need discussion time; it is our way of finding the scum.

The current plan: Porkens -> Italiano -> the f4 with me, you, Redados, and T-Bone

We need to sort out the future of town. The different possibilities that may arise, even though Porkens is scummiest right now.
I was just asking the question that if people were so sure about Porkens being scum why hasn’t he already been eliminated
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by shellyc »

Yes, Porkens is scummiest. But what if he flips town?

We need to plan for our future.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by shellyc »

Yes, Porkens is scummiest. But what if he flips town?

We need to plan for our future.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 885, shellyc wrote:What do you find scummy about me? I'll converse geniunely.
There's lots of time left in the day and I've basically agreed to be the elimination and Italiano has agreed to be the elimination tomorrow. So that's kind of settled and now we can talk about the remaining possibilities. There's no rush.
worse than random
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:45 pm

Post by shellyc »

Please directly answer my question. We can talk.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by Porkens »

Yes, what Shelly said.

In response to your question shelly: my scum read of you was based on the way you seemed to be repeating points made by other players - many times using the same words. Now I am not saying that means you are scum. but that is why I scum read you at the time. And other's were on your wagon to e-1, so I think that's evidence that folks did find you scummy for it. I do think, though that you are being genuine.
worse than random
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by Porkens »

So T-Bone, Redados, and MM then?
worse than random
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

But if we are looking ahead at the possibility that Porkens is town then I guess I understand but if we are looking at the possibility of Porkens being town to me that is doubt and we need to seriously look at why they are being eliminated and see whether we are eliminating the right person today
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:48 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 892, Porkens wrote:In response to your question shelly: my scum read of you was based on the way you seemed to be repeating points made by other players - many times using the same words.
So if I make more original points I am townie? That's kinda NAI in my opinion. Using the same words? So if I use a dictionary I'd be townread? Doesn't really make sense.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 890, Porkens wrote:I've basically agreed to be the elimination and Italiano has agreed to be the elimination tomorrow.
MiniMegabyte see this. This is gamesolving, making sure the scum is eventually eliminated
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:51 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 895, shellyc wrote:
In post 892, Porkens wrote:In response to your question shelly: my scum read of you was based on the way you seemed to be repeating points made by other players - many times using the same words.
So if I make more original points I am townie? That's kinda NAI in my opinion. Using the same words? So if I use a dictionary I'd be townread? Doesn't really make sense.
I mean, you asked and I answered. If I'm being unfair I apologize; that's just how I read it.
worse than random
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:51 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

In post 896, shellyc wrote:
In post 890, Porkens wrote:I've basically agreed to be the elimination and Italiano has agreed to be the elimination tomorrow.
MiniMegabyte see this. This is gamesolving, making sure the scum is eventually eliminated
Can I just say something, two people being scum read the most right now both willing to be eliminated? Doesn’t that seem to you that they may both be town? I’m not sure
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:57 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 896, shellyc wrote:
Well, hehe, actually I meant to post this earlier:

As an SE I feel obligated to point out that this is not generally a good strategy. Death pacts such as this can easily lead to 2 dead townies with night kills in between. If one of us isn't scum, this is really self destruction for town. So, in general, I don't recommend it.

We got here because I made a case on Italiano, and his reaction was to case me in return. He defended himself AND went after me in retaliation. As I see it, he framed this as a 1 v 1, and in this case, since I'm more than a little sure he is mafia, I'm going along with that. If I had second thoughts about him, I'd be begging off, but the way he reacted was like a cornered animal.

But in general, this is bad and don't go saying to anyone "well I saw Porkens do it and it worked and we won and so I'm gunna do it!" This is a special situation where daddy has to smoke, but don't you dare start the habit because of me.
worse than random