EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:25 am

Post by EchoVision »

Frogster that was undoubtedly a super helpful post, but personally I'd be careful saying "Deflecting and tunneling are each different concepts... also legitimate scum tells" because it's just as easy to do it as town,
especially
town that's newer to the game.

I'm a stubborn cunt so I tunnel people like crazy and I bite myself in the ass for it at the end of a game... I've been trying to get better with it slowly but it's still tough to get out of the habit, as trusting your gut becomes something incredibly beneficial the more you play. I haven't read the page, but if you want a TL;DR on tunneling, it's being so focused on one person that you don't really pay attention to anything around you and your only focus is getting that person's shit rocked. It's tunnel vision, hence the name.

I'd say deflection is just as often a scum tell in the newbie queue as it is a noob town tell. As you play with more experienced players, you realize that you don't have to prove anything about yourself, and other peoples opinions don't really matter unless you're scum or you're about to get your shit rocked and thrown into a rope. Deflection is just like it sounds; you're boutta get your shit rocked so you go "yo no way fuck this guy rock his shit instead" and you deflect your sus onto him/her/them so you stay alive.

I do agree with a lot of what you said, however I feel like it changes the more you play. In a newbie queue, there are some things that are slightly different and not quite developed yet for some players and I don't want them to think that everything's so black and white in mafia so I'll just leave them with this,
there are exceptions to every rule/theory/idea

i'd hope newer players know that but it can't hurt to say it louder for the people in the back
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:27 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 373, Noraa wrote:Bro school already has my brain fried these articles are not helping lol. It's confusing imo but I think im getting the gist of it. So basically its the opposite of what I said before. Nikahang isn't sus but sceptorus is for making an excuse as to why he hasn't been posting. Ig sure but like that excuse is pretty real and valid imo.
if you want me to try and sum stuff up from an article let me know, i'm about to take a phone call then i'll be right back on. i don't have class until 4:20 (ayooo) so i'll be on and off till then and will try to help out as soon as I can
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 373, Noraa wrote:Bro school already has my brain fried these articles are not helping lol. It's confusing imo but I think im getting the gist of it. So basically its the opposite of what I said before. Nikahang isn't sus but sceptorus is for making an excuse as to why he hasn't been posting. Ig sure but like that excuse is pretty real and valid imo.
Sort of but not exactly. Active lurkers post enough to avoid suspicion of lurking, but don't really say that much related to finding the mafia. If you're burnt out from school it's probably best to just take a mental note and reread only the first link in the morning when you feel fresh, it's not very long. It's a different behavior than what Nikahang or sceptorus are doing and different than what PLUS accused Nikahang of.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:33 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 375, EchoVision wrote:Frogster that was undoubtedly a super helpful post, but personally I'd be careful saying "Deflecting and tunneling are each different concepts... also legitimate scum tells" because it's just as easy to do it as town,
especially
town that's newer to the game.

I'm a stubborn cunt so I tunnel people like crazy and I bite myself in the ass for it at the end of a game... I've been trying to get better with it slowly but it's still tough to get out of the habit, as trusting your gut becomes something incredibly beneficial the more you play. I haven't read the page, but if you want a TL;DR on tunneling, it's being so focused on one person that you don't really pay attention to anything around you and your only focus is getting that person's shit rocked. It's tunnel vision, hence the name.

I'd say deflection is just as often a scum tell in the newbie queue as it is a noob town tell. As you play with more experienced players, you realize that you don't have to prove anything about yourself, and other peoples opinions don't really matter unless you're scum or you're about to get your shit rocked and thrown into a rope. Deflection is just like it sounds; you're boutta get your shit rocked so you go "yo no way fuck this guy rock his shit instead" and you deflect your sus onto him/her/them so you stay alive.

I do agree with a lot of what you said, however I feel like it changes the more you play. In a newbie queue, there are some things that are slightly different and not quite developed yet for some players and I don't want them to think that everything's so black and white in mafia so I'll just leave them with this,
there are exceptions to every rule/theory/idea

i'd hope newer players know that but it can't hurt to say it louder for the people in the back
I agree with this 100%, and believe part of the reason why tunneling and deflecting are legitimate scum tells are because they're often behavior the scum has performed themselves or seen other town-aligned players perform in the past, and are easy to fake because of how two-dimensional the point of view is.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:37 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 376, EchoVision wrote:
if you want me to try and sum stuff up from an article let me know, i'm about to take a phone call then i'll be right back on. i don't have class until 4:20 (ayooo) so i'll be on and off till then and will try to help out as soon as I can
Thanks for offering but lol it's fine. Better to try to figure it out myself otherwise it never quite makes sense. My class got let out early soooo im done for the day yay
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:37 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 377, Frogsterking wrote:
Sort of but not exactly. Active lurkers post enough to avoid suspicion of lurking, but don't really say that much related to finding the mafia. If you're burnt out from school it's probably best to just take a mental note and reread only the first link in the morning when you feel fresh, it's not very long. It's a different behavior than what Nikahang or sceptorus are doing and different than what PLUS accused Nikahang of.
Will do
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 374, Noraa wrote:Tbh I don't agree that shelly and plus are scum just bc my gut tells me that maybe one of them is scum but no way both of them r. Then again I dont think I have good reads anyways but I would also like to hear more from 72 about why. Since just the long convo between the two doesn't mean anything imo.
I agree with this post, I think it's statistically unlikely both of them are scum, and because of the unlikelihood of the accusation and because I'm curious about hearing more from 72offsuit I'd like him to elaborate more on this comment.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:51 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 374, Noraa wrote:Tbh I don't agree that shelly and plus are scum just bc my gut tells me that maybe one of them is scum but no way both of them r. Then again I dont think I have good reads anyways but I would also like to hear more from 72 about why. Since just the long convo between the two doesn't mean anything imo.
what makes you think we can't both be townies? Just gut feeling?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Frogsterking »

PLUS if you were a sheriff or a dayvig who would u shoot right now?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Frogsterking »

PLUS if you were a sheriff or a dayvig who would u shoot right now?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Noraa »

@PlusJOYED
"my gut tells me that maybe one of them is scum but no way both of them r"
"maybe one of them is scum"
"MAYBE"
if that wasn't clear enough, it means that I think anything is possible except both of u being scum. I would also think that if the two mafia were smart, they wouldn't ever talk to each other. That way no one would ever think they r related but u talked to shelly a lot soooo that def makes me think u two aren't the mafia.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:37 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 384, Frogsterking wrote:PLUS if you were a sheriff or a dayvig who would u shoot right now?
72o is the most sus to me right now but I don't know if I'd shoot them. They seem to be putting in efforts and could be a good town asset who maybe had a bad start. That happens.

I'm a little worried about Sirius; he seems like a liability regardless of alignment. Inactives too to a lesser degree.

Sheriff 72o, shoot sirius, I guess?
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:40 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

In post 385, Noraa wrote:@PlusJOYED
"MAYBE"
if that wasn't clear enough, it means that I think anything is possible except both of u being scum. I would also think that if the two mafia were smart, they wouldn't ever talk to each other. That way no one would ever think they r related but u talked to shelly a lot soooo that def makes me think u two aren't the mafia.
Yeah that can be a noob scumtell. One thing I was taught is that mafia partners can have a problem of not wanting to say if their buddy is scum or town. Though they still have to talk to each other to a lesser degree
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 387, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 385, Noraa wrote:@PlusJOYED
"MAYBE"
Yeah that can be a noob scumtell. One thing I was taught is that mafia partners can have a problem of not wanting to say if their buddy is scum or town. Though they still have to talk to each other to a lesser degree
Ok now that I think about it, it would prolly be a lil sus if two people had absolutely zero interaction with each other so ig a lil is normal. But seriously like y'all talked a TON. That doesn't strike me as something the mafia would have the guts to do under any circumstance. Also lol this is gonna sound really stupid but uh when u said "yeah that can be a noob scumtell" is that supposed to mean noobs determine who is scum based on reasons like this or you read me as a scum? Idk I get what scumread means which is saying I think ur a scum but idk what scumtell is.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:59 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

scumtell = something someone says or does that makes you think they are scum. "that can be a noob scumtell" = "someone new to this game might do that if they are mafia"
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:02 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

What I was getting at though, is that it's also possible me and shelly are both town just bickering. That can also happen.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 389, PlusJOYED wrote:scumtell = something someone says or does that makes you think they are scum. "that can be a noob scumtell" = "someone new to this game might do that if they are mafia"
got it
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Noraa »

wait but were u trying to say talking to each other a lot was a scumtell or not talking to someone at all is a scumtell? And also I do think its possible ur just town bickering but I read in some other game that 72 was in called air or something and the people there said that he had really good reads which is why i'm starting to think maybe he is correct. The chances are small ig but like if he has hella good reads it seriously might be right.
PlusJOYED
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
PlusJOYED
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:35 am

Post by PlusJOYED »

2 people not talking at all is a scumtell.

also, since I know I'm town, if people said he had good reads and he suspected me and shelly that's rather concerning that he was dead wrong.

thinking about it in a past game/meta way, if he's known for making good hard reads on people like you said as town, what would he do as scum? People would expect him to hard read people but he can't because he's mafia. So maybe he'd just hope town votes with him based on reads since not making reads would be sus and he keeps going until all town dead.

Ehhh, nvm. That's pretty narrow minded of me and flimsy logic. Probably not really applicable.

I Still think 72o is scummy.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Noraa »

I kinda changed my mind on 72 bc frogster said he wasn't scum and frogster's reads sound pretty convincing to me. Ok now im just really lost cuz I felt like frogster was town with good reads so I kinda thought 72 was town as well so then his read was u and shelly were mafia and I heard he had good reads. But then Frogsters read might be wrong or you could be lying or frogster could be mafia. okay my brains pretty fucked up rn imma just wait til tomorrow to try to sort this out in my mess of a brain.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Yeah and I definitely think 72 could be mafia I just want to give them a chance to speak, there are still multiple days left and we can change our mind about 72 later.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Noraa »

fair enough
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by shellyc »

Mafia Discussion Forum all of a sudden now?

I'm replying to everything at once
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 394, Noraa wrote:I kinda changed my mind on 72 bc frogster said he wasn't scum and frogster's reads sound pretty convincing to me. Ok now im just really lost cuz I felt like frogster was town with good reads so I kinda thought 72 was town as well so then his read was u and shelly were mafia and I heard he had good reads. But then Frogsters read might be wrong or you could be lying or frogster could be mafia. okay my brains pretty fucked up rn imma just wait til tomorrow to try to sort this out in my mess of a brain.
Confusion is a newbscumtell. This is a very messed-up post.

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by shellyc »

Frogter is playing very conservative here spitting mafia theory at us instead of actually trying to solve the game. Refraining from voting the biggest scumtell and doing IIoA.