Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: She

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 898, Ydrasse wrote:oh, huh.

i guess i'll keep that in mind. honestly i think a lot of people just wanna be right regardless b/c of pride but it makes sense that it's probably... easier to be right?
with a lot of tells you have to modify the confidence level based on personality. Individual users that project Survivor tell as VT are a pain where you have to rely on associative reads instead, or lack of content.

if someone had a track record for always wanting to be right you would have to dampen the tell as applied to that person but like if you base it on the average person in average conditions it works
I don't know of Pooky being excessively preoccupied with being right
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 897, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 854, Kanna wrote:drusilla is dropping for me because (soulread) i don't think she would be this confident in something based on this shaky evidence. shiki is so smart, she should be highly bopped. if things she's saying doesn't add up to us, she's probably just scum
i don't have any sort of experience playing w drusilla so i can't speak to the bop thing but the confidence that she's shown thus far has been offputting to me. i don't have a great amount of confidence in anyone anymore and seeing someone exhibit it feels weird because i can't make myself believe in anything that hard this game.

i'm struggling to figure out how to phrase it but it feels like drusilla has already made up her mind, to some degree, and is instead going through the motions of acting out a way to reach the conclusion she already has? which feels worse than the confidence part because that is maybe just game experience?
Confirmation bias is fundamentally town indicative even though it has a strictly negative effect on decisionmaking, so it's sometimes something that feels wrong/bad even though it applies to a slot that is town.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 897, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 854, Kanna wrote:drusilla is dropping for me because (soulread) i don't think she would be this confident in something based on this shaky evidence. shiki is so smart, she should be highly bopped. if things she's saying doesn't add up to us, she's probably just scum
i don't have any sort of experience playing w drusilla so i can't speak to the bop thing but the confidence that she's shown thus far has been offputting to me. i don't have a great amount of confidence in anyone anymore and seeing someone exhibit it feels weird because i can't make myself believe in anything that hard this game.

i'm struggling to figure out how to phrase it but it feels like drusilla has already made up her mind, to some degree, and is instead going through the motions of acting out a way to reach the conclusion she already has? which feels worse than the confidence part because that is maybe just game experience?
Yes, she ought to be considering the possibility that Pooky could also be town doing what he did. Nothing she’s arguing confiscums Pooky but if she’s that confident, wouldn’t she have already voted him? I’m more concerned with plusJOYED’s vote on Isis and his reasons for that. It didn’t even make any sense to me, because at least I can understand Dru’s reasoning even if I don’t necessarily agree with her conclusions.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

isis, how confident are you that this is drusilla's towngame?
warrior cats mafia is now in a queue near you!
- - - -
kill me and live with the memory — then tell the stars that you
won
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 900, Isis wrote:

i guess i'll keep that in mind. honestly i think a lot of people just wanna be right regardless b/c of pride but it makes sense that it's probably... easier to be right?
with a lot of tells you have to modify the confidence level based on personality. Individual users that project Survivor tell as VT are a pain where you have to rely on associative reads instead, or lack of content.

if someone had a track record for always wanting to be right you would have to dampen the tell as applied to that person but like if you base it on the average person in average conditions it works
I still lean T/T, so that’s really frustrating for me. Which slot I’m townleaning should we kill off? :/
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 903, Ydrasse wrote:isis, how confident are you that this is drusilla's towngame?
I don't like percentages, but more confident than any one else's alignment in this game
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by Isis »

Loki Doki are you saying you think drusilla/Pooky is T/T or Isis/Pooky is T/T
"Well, I..."
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 904, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 900, Isis wrote:

I still lean T/T, so that’s really frustrating for me. Which slot I’m townleaning should we kill off? :/
This situation would be far less likely in a more traditional game, because I kind of doubt we’d be voting either Pooky or Isis today in that case, so this is kind of whack.
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Isis »

it is fascinating that the two players everyone agrees are the most recruitable are precisely the ones that got gladiated. I guess everyone agrees recruiting would mostly be conducted in an unwise fashion
"Well, I..."
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 906, Isis wrote:Loki Doki are you saying you think drusilla/Pooky is T/T or Isis/Pooky is T/T
I was referring to you and Pooky. Based on the methods we had to arrive at those conclusions, it would surprise me if we actually got a scumflip out of this gladiate. Wrt to Dru, I lean tunnelled over scum but we’ll see if she reconsiders her case more. I’m not convinced she’s being scummy here.

I also not sure if I completely agree with your town/scum need to be right thing but I might be biased because I am sometimes prone to deathtunnel as town.

I think you both sound tonally townie to me. I’m strongly town tonereading Ydrasse and especially Kanna right now.

I think I’ve made it pretty clear who I’m currently most suspicious of. Idk, I don’t think Dru sounds scummy but less confident on that now.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 908, Isis wrote:it is fascinating that the two players everyone agrees are the most recruitable are precisely the ones that got gladiated. I guess everyone agrees recruiting would mostly be conducted in an unwise fashion
Well the recruiting theory is based off of the initial mafia being very familiar with the playerlist. Is that true for everyone in this game, because if not, then it may be misleading?
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Isis »

It's just a funny coincidence. Taylor Swift doesn't know anybody. I don't know how much you know anybody. Not_Mafia has enough site presence that he ought to know everybody, I think. PlusJOYED I presumed hadn't played much since his recentish joined date since I haven't noticed much of him but Kanna snapped at me that Ydrasse knows more people this game than she does so I figured PlusJOYED must have played with Ydrasse so that comment can make sense?

When I say "knows everybody" I'm kind of exempting Tayl0r who just joined the site and you who I think was fully inactive before this game started.

The general notion that if it feels like the Pooky/Isis gladiate is TvT then it's doubled probability to be one of the players unfamiliar with other players seems like, not an illogical tilt.

I idly wonder whether Not_Mafia never recruits me here because I don't prefer his playstyle or always recruits me here because I don't prefer his playstyle. He was a pretty cooperative scumpartner the time I rolled scum with him but on the other hand I've been on record saying I think playing the way he does makes mafia less fun for me, so I wish he wouldn't.

Not_Mafia who would you recruit if you rolled scum this game?
"Well, I..."
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

Basically, I’m currently leaning on Dru being wrong on Pooky but not scum and thinking scum is probably pushing Isis. Tayl0r claims she was being random but it really looked to me on D1 like she was growling at anyone who liked Isis and plusJOYED’s push on Isis makes absolutely no sense to me. Neither of his reads on either Pooky or Isis seem to be beyond surface level.
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Isis »

I think when I said I felt more sure about shiki than any other slot I forgot Loki cause I'm just like not even mentally sorting him at this point lol
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Isis »

anyone who does not wish to townlock this slot into eternity has an obligation to talk to me before Pooky makes me tiger food rather than try to do so just after
"Well, I..."
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 911, Isis wrote:It's just a funny coincidence. Taylor Swift doesn't know anybody. I don't know how much you know anybody. Not_Mafia has enough site presence that he ought to know everybody, I think. PlusJOYED I presumed hadn't played much since his recentish joined date since I haven't noticed much of him but Kanna snapped at me that Ydrasse knows more people this game than she does so I figured PlusJOYED must have played with Ydrasse so that comment can make sense?

When I say "knows everybody" I'm kind of exempting Tayl0r who just joined the site and you who I think was fully inactive before this game started.

The general notion that if it feels like the Pooky/Isis gladiate is TvT then it's doubled probability to be one of the players unfamiliar with other players seems like, not an illogical tilt.

I idly wonder whether Not_Mafia never recruits me here because I don't prefer his playstyle or always recruits me here because I don't prefer his playstyle. He was a pretty cooperative scumpartner the time I rolled scum with him but on the other hand I've been on record saying I think playing the way he does makes mafia less fun for me, so I wish he wouldn't.

While the conventional wisdom is that scum would pick what would seem like more obvious choices, why couldn’t the opposite also be possible, if not probable? So we’re essentially focusing on who is the most logical recruits based on whom would be most likely to recruit whom but what if whosever’s scum here either isn’t that familiar with the playerlist or maybe is but deliberately selected a partner that no one would expect? Because my reads seem to be pointing that way.
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Isis »

Hectic, did the scum know, at the time of recruiting, that it would be broadcast to all players that recruitment occurred?
"Well, I..."
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 639, PlusJOYED wrote:
In post 621, Isis wrote:
In post 619, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:can you explain why?
PoE
Loki: townslip
drusilla: assumed in the question as stated
Pooky: assumed in the question as stated
Ydrasse: would've recruited me or you as scum, could still be a recruit but that's -50%
Isis: that's me
plus: townslipz
Tayl0r: I still think being annoying during post restriction and her flippant attitude now is townish
Kanna: PoE'd
didn't you say your TR'd taylor more than me regarding anime avatar and SR'd me?
It looks a lot like you're just scum trying to AtE from my pov
I’m still waiting for plusJOYED to explain where in this post this AtE occurred?
Isis
Isis
She
Best in Class
Isis
She
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 915, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 911, Isis wrote:It's just a funny coincidence. Taylor Swift doesn't know anybody. I don't know how much you know anybody. Not_Mafia has enough site presence that he ought to know everybody, I think. PlusJOYED I presumed hadn't played much since his recentish joined date since I haven't noticed much of him but Kanna snapped at me that Ydrasse knows more people this game than she does so I figured PlusJOYED must have played with Ydrasse so that comment can make sense?

While the conventional wisdom is that scum would pick what would seem like more obvious choices, why couldn’t the opposite also be possible, if not probable? So we’re essentially focusing on who is the most logical recruits based on whom would be most likely to recruit whom but what if whosever’s scum here either isn’t that familiar with the playerlist or maybe is but deliberately selected a partner that no one would expect? Because my reads seem to be pointing that way.
When you say your reads are pointing that way, who are your top scumreads?

I think everyone could be scum so it could maybe be harmful to stay on the recruitment guessing topic too long.
"Well, I..."
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 69, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 67, Isis wrote:Image

grrrrrrr! bark bark bark!
In post 592, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
my vote was essentially random
. i did not have a good grasp on the game but didnt think there would be significant implications for the post-restriction stage of the game. i did assume there would be some mechanic for letting at least some players post, and wanted to get to that stage as quickly as possible. dunno why everyone sheeped me, but i had no real reason to unvote.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 918, Isis wrote:
In post 915, Loki Dokie wrote:

When you say your reads are pointing that way, who are your top scumreads?

I think everyone could be scum so it could maybe be harmful to stay on the recruitment guessing topic too long.
I think I’ve made that pretty clear. I mean that based on my reads, the whole recruitment theory doesn’t really seem to fit.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 919, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 69, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 67, Isis wrote:Image

grrrrrrr! bark bark bark!
In post 592, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
my vote was essentially random
. i did not have a good grasp on the game but didnt think there would be significant implications for the post-restriction stage of the game. i did assume there would be some mechanic for letting at least some players post, and wanted to get to that stage as quickly as possible. dunno why everyone sheeped me, but i had no real reason to unvote.
In post 120, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 107, Isis wrote:
purr

Purrrrr
Why would Tayl0r want us to think Isis is scum and bark at me for liking his post to me and now say it was completely “random”?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

i was barking because there was a cat. that is all.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

ive told you not to read into my messages.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

also i realize i havent been very active in this game. im sorry. ill try to step it up over the weekend