Mini Normal 2169 : random facts, game over !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:13 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 90, Battle Mage wrote:I obvtown a lot (you would see this is you opened your mind to using meta for knowledge). And my opinion is the only opinion I really care about. Except possibly Bob in this game, who I admire deeply.

If I was scum, I wouldn't claim I'm town, as like a lot of the older players, I'm not a fan of lying. It's unethical and goes against my religion. I'm sure you'll make some incendiary remarks about that next, so go ahead if that's your style. If someone asks you directly if you're scum, and you say you're town when you were actually scum, I think that's pretty classless.
This is weird for more reasons than one. Regardless of your beliefs on lying in a social manipulation/deduction game, if you're doubling down on not lying about vanilla townie, did you claim VT to try not to die N1?

Your reasoning/posts are confusing to me but that does seem to make sense? I don't believe you just opened the thread and thought "eh, gonna claim", some kind of motivation is necessary.

Maybe you were feeling cute at that moment, wanted to do something unexpected, etc, why?

I was even starting to conspire you could be a PR that had fake claimed VT to not die, but I don't believe it's the case anymore with this post.
Churros aka Volpe aka Nibbui aka Fumuki
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:15 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 1097, Alonzo wrote:Now say something about my alignment @TGP
don't have much, post more substantively and maybe i will.
In post 1115, Menalque wrote:actually, noraa has reminded me -- TGP what do you make of icon's push on you?
it started on misunderstood and bad evidence (my supposed "flip-flop" on noraa), and continued with a poor line of reasoning until ico realized it was a poor push and went after noraa. it certainly increases my confidence in ico!scum.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:23 am

In post 1125, Bunno wrote:
In post 90, Battle Mage wrote:I obvtown a lot (you would see this is you opened your mind to using meta for knowledge). And my opinion is the only opinion I really care about. Except possibly Bob in this game, who I admire deeply.

If I was scum, I wouldn't claim I'm town, as like a lot of the older players, I'm not a fan of lying. It's unethical and goes against my religion. I'm sure you'll make some incendiary remarks about that next, so go ahead if that's your style. If someone asks you directly if you're scum, and you say you're town when you were actually scum, I think that's pretty classless.
This is weird for more reasons than one. Regardless of your beliefs on lying in a social manipulation/deduction game, if you're doubling down on not lying about vanilla townie, did you claim VT to try not to die N1?

Your reasoning/posts are confusing to me but that does seem to make sense? I don't believe you just opened the thread and thought "eh, gonna claim", some kind of motivation is necessary.

Maybe you were feeling cute at that moment, wanted to do something unexpected, etc, why?

I was even starting to conspire you could be a PR that had fake claimed VT to not die, but I don't believe it's the case anymore with this post.
wait a second, thanks for pointing this post out.
@Battle Mage, are you scum?

if i'm understanding you correctly and if you don't say you're town when you were actually scum, that's tantamount to a trust tell. this game is literally one where you're required to lie. am i missing something?
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 116, Menalque wrote:I feel moderately happy calling datisi town at this point
I don't, she's just using rethoric on Noraa

I don't see anything noteworthy on that?
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 1127, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 1125, Bunno wrote:

wait a second, thanks for pointing this post out.
@Battle Mage, are you scum?

if i'm understanding you correctly and if you don't say you're town when you were actually scum, that's tantamount to a trust tell. this game is literally one where you're required to lie. am i missing something?
Don't point out the elephant in the room...
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

what a time to show up!

no i'm not scum. someone already asked me that.

will catch up in a bit
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i seriously hope Bunno is not going to do a trawl through every page and make up a bunch of reasons to call me scummy. mostly for his sake :lol:

from a skim, i'm not optimistic.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:30 am

how does this not break trust tell rules? what do you do when someone asks you if you're scum and you are?
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 119, bob3141 wrote: Noraa did you find battlemages vote on you scummy or is your read on him still based allot on battlemages initial vt claim. And why do you think datisi is only null for following the vote of a person you think is scummy.
Am I reading the same game...?

Noraa disliked Datisi not explaining her vote, said it was anti-town, but that doesn't translate to scummy, newbies often find problematic when someone doesn't reveal their reasoning for doing something

Regardless of Noraa's alignment, this game is so full of misrepresentative rethoric...

Can you stop it if you're still doing those things currently?

I'm a chill person but this gets me a bit annoyed. Try to understand context before attacking someone.
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:35 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 1131, Battle Mage wrote:mostly for his sake
stop ego battles...
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Gypyx »

votecount 1.8

Alonzo (0) :

Tayl0r Swift (1) : Shellyc

TheGoldenParadox (2) : iamausername ; Battle Mage

Iconeum (2) : Bunno ; Noraa

iamausername (0) :

Datisi (0) :

teacher (0) :

Battle Mage (1) : Alonzo

Bunno (1) : Teacher

bob3141 (0) :

shellyc (5) : Tayl0r Swift ; Menalque ; Datisi ; TheGoldenParadox ; bob3141
Exe-2

Noraa (1) : Iconeum

Menalque (0) :

Not Voting (0) :

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to yeet someone, the day will end in (expired on 2020-10-05 14:15:57)

Random fact : Around the year 1700, rich peoples used to rent pineapples in order to expose them when receiving visit, at the time, pineapples were rare in europe and considered as luxury
Last edited by Gypyx on Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bottom text
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:41 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 1123, Bunno wrote:
In post 79, Battle Mage wrote:
I don't always get the chance to say this Bob,
as I always die Night 1
, but I love you, and respect you. You are probably the most under-rated town player on this whole website.
is this true...?

I don't think it was particularly the case back when I was around

It feels a bit too confident?

I would like an answer to this

How many games in the last 6 months did you die in N1?
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 151, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 144, Menalque wrote:In what sense, even vaguely, can you be said to have “busted my ass”
i had a list of 2 scum, you were on it. immediately afterwards you voted for me, apparently at least partly due to your fear that i would elim you (as you quoted that post when you voted me). Sorry dude but I'm taking those bragging rights to the bank, I busted your ass. :lol:
bob3141
bob3141
Mafia Scum
bob3141
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:52 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 1132, TheGoldenParadox wrote:how does this not break trust tell rules? what do you do when someone asks you if you're scum and you are?
Its not a trust tell as if im wrong on him and he is scum. Then he did lie about his alignment after all

a trust tell is something like a player saying they never self vote as scum. And then self vote at the start every town game
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 187, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 168, Noraa wrote:+ nice points for Taylor
youre just giving me townpoints for agreeing with you, which im really not. thats a bad reason to give me townpoints. you and BM are in a shitfight over nothing. both of you are overconfident, neither has given a decent reason for your scumread on the other.
Noraa isn't overconfident on anything (you could even say she's too hesitant on everything), I felt like it was clear that nice points weren't equal to town posts, this seems like posturing overall.
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 190, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 185, Menalque wrote:Hey Taylor, I’ve got a question, why aren’t you voting?
ha i knew someone would say this.

well. there were 7 pages of stuff. i didnt want to vote before reading them in case i lolhammered someone. now im gonna take a look and see where i want to vote
Ok this is already slightly overdone. Rather than saying "I didn't vote because I had no read", "I didn't feel like it", etc, she gives an "I didn't want to lolhammer someone".

It's not bad per se but it doesn't look great when someone tries to paint their behavior in "good-townie" light when it's uncalled for.
In post 193, Tayl0r Swift wrote:VOTE: shelly

i dont like that menal and datisi townread each other and then proceed to put themselves on opposing sides of what seems at this point to be a TvT shitfight.
However here is the problem, she previously had a problem with "Shelly vs BM" being too confident (defaulting both to town), let me tell you this is
statistically speaking more common from scum
, they see people fighting on thread and are just "meh" rather than having a take on the situation/directly getting involved (she says they are both probably town but I find again that her mindset is rather "meh" about it).

However the pinnacle is shading both menal/datisi but rather than engaging them she just seems to vote shelly (shelly hadn't posted yet at this point), which is a...in her own words, a RVS vote.

Think about it though, why the hell vote shelly other than to subtly say "well I'm voting someone/doing something"? Shelly was literally a empty slot in a game that already had content on it, but Taylor seems very interested in maitaining status quo rather than doing anything with her voice, vote or slot.

This is page 7/8 thingy, but it's important.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:18 am

In post 1138, bob3141 wrote:
In post 1132, TheGoldenParadox wrote:how does this not break trust tell rules? what do you do when someone asks you if you're scum and you are?
Its not a trust tell as if im wrong on him and he is scum. Then he did lie about his alignment after all

a trust tell is something like a player saying they never self vote as scum. And then self vote at the start every town game
so let's run through the cases.

BM is town, and BM is telling the truth that he will not lie about his alignment. this is tatamount to a trust tell, because he is basically saying "if you ask me my alignment, i will not lie," and meaning it, which means that he will gamethrow as scum.

BM is town, and this "i think lying is classless" is completely and utterly pulled out of his ass. in this case, he is BLATANTLY lying to the town, and i don't see any reason town!bm does this. even here, saying that a trust tell exists breaks site rules.

BM is scum, and this is an outright lie.

From my understanding, BM here is either scum or breaking site rules. can someone explain if i've made a mistake in my reasoning?
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Bunno »

If she was to vote someone simply for the spirit of it, why would "I was afraid of lolhammering someone" be the gatekeep?

If she hadn't read/opened the game yet, she could simply say "well I hadn't gotten around to post?". However she tried to paint it in a LAMIST way.

I'm giving this a highlight because she seems to have 0 votes on her other than shelly which seems like a OMGUS from VC alone, but even more surprising is that it seems at first glance that
she never changed her vote from shelly
. I've not read it yet but I don't expect anything other than low-effort, generic pushes/contributions in her posts. She's also a low poster and that tells me she seems satisfied with the direction the game is going.

Dunno, it could be one and no one seems to notice?
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 210, Menalque wrote:
In post 203, Tayl0r Swift wrote:you think it isnt TvT, i disagree.
I mean, I think this

BM and noraa both apparently think this

Bob maybe thinks this?

Datisi thinks this

In other words, it’s a very natural and reasonable take to see this as TvS, so my point is you’re not seeing it that way, and I think that’s potentially TMIy — especially when you made posts commenting on it that did imply that you thought things that (predominantly BM) had said were AI but then you... call it TvT and vote a random player who hasn’t contributed anything yet

Yes, I find that a problematic sequence of events in a world where you’re town
The last sane man.

If you're scum this is simply sad...
Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Bunno »

VOTE: Taylor

placeholder for now

if I find something more interesting I may change but at the moment I'm not confident anywhere else.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:30 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1136, Bunno wrote:
as I always die Night 1
, but I love you, and respect you. You are probably the most under-rated town player on this whole website.
is this true...?

I'll let this one slide as it made me laugh. My original comment was definitely hyperbole - and referenced the fact that I had been killed N1 in my previous 2 games, including at least 1 with Bob presumably.

Please explain what your angle is here? I'm curious as to why me using hyperbole about how frequently I die N1 in a bit of friendly chit-chat with Bob is noteworthy enough to mention - it gives the appearance of you being productive while actually wasting both our time (although as noted, it did amuse me! :D )

Also, your post sort of implies I should know who you are. Who are you?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

join date of June 2020...claims to be an old-timer...something does not compute with this Bunno character
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1141, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 1138, bob3141 wrote:

so let's run through the cases.

BM is town, and BM is telling the truth that he will not lie about his alignment. this is tatamount to a trust tell, because he is basically saying "if you ask me my alignment, i will not lie," and meaning it, which means that he will gamethrow as scum.

BM is town, and this "i think lying is classless" is completely and utterly pulled out of his ass. in this case, he is BLATANTLY lying to the town, and i don't see any reason town!bm does this. even here, saying that a trust tell exists breaks site rules.

BM is scum, and this is an outright lie.

From my understanding, BM here is either scum or breaking site rules. can someone explain if i've made a mistake in my reasoning?
I don't even know what a trust tell is, but accusing me of breaking site rules is very serious. If you're doing so as a tactic to try and get me elimmed, as it appears, that's particularly bad form, and presumably against the rules itself. I will consult with the Mod.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Golden, can you confirm whether you have reported me for a rule breach? And also which rule you believe I've broken?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Bunno
Bunno
Goon
Bunno
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:36 am

Post by Bunno »

In post 1145, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1136, Bunno wrote:
as I always die Night 1
is this true...?

I'll let this one slide as it made me laugh. My original comment was definitely hyperbole - and referenced the fact that I had been killed N1 in my previous 2 games, including at least 1 with Bob presumably.

Please explain what your angle is here? I'm curious as to why me using hyperbole about how frequently I die N1 in a bit of friendly chit-chat with Bob is noteworthy enough to mention - it gives the appearance of you being productive while actually wasting both our time (although as noted, it did amuse me! :D )

Also, your post sort of implies I should know who you are. Who are you?
You don't remember me but I played a game modded by firebringer with you. I thought you were scum in the first pages but you made a good unexpected fakeclaim (PT cop, if I remember right?) and I mistakenly TR you for that. You won the game by the way.

You played against scum!me in a game where I fakeclaimed investigative as well...

About the comment itself, it's just you seem very, very, very overconfident, I wanted to see if there's good reasons for that.