Mini Normal 2169 : random facts, game over !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1672, iamausername wrote:that post took like twelve attempts to go through oh my god everybody chill
:lol: Gypyx said to me before the game that, no matter what, this had to go 100 pages for Day 1. I guess Menalque got the same PM :D
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:15 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 1665, iamausername wrote:alright. in general i think we are in need of some flips, we're just kind of going in circles and achieving very little.

the group of {teacher/Taylor/Alonzo} have all been pretty much non-entities throughout, not really making any pushes or taking any strong stances, and i would be extremely surprised if there was no scum in this group. i'd rank them as teacher>Taylor>>>>Alonzo in terms of who is most likely scum here.

i'm also still extremely down for executing bob, who continues to seem like obvious scum to me and apparently no one else but i don't feel like i'm going to get any traction there.

i am no longer down for executing GoldenParadox. his posting has improved dramatically in recent times and i'm not surprised that the wagon disappeared.

also i really liked Bunno's entrance. feel like scum replacing in midway through D1 would be vastly more likely to focus on existing wagons than to try to generate something new in the way that Bunno did, and he made some compelling points re: Taylor.

a full reads list looks something like:

OBVTOWNS
Noraa
Battle Mage
Bunno

PROBTOWN
Iconeum
shellyc
Menalque

I HAVE SOME CONCERNS
TheGoldenParadox
Datisi
Alonzo

HERE BE SCUM
Tayl0r Swift
teacher
bob3141

VOTE: teacher
work with me here. let's ignore the information from the flip itself because you're saying you actually pretty strongly believe in teacher!scum. can you explain your case on teacher!scum disregarding any information you'd get from a potential teacher!scum flip?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Menalque »

why are you townreading shelly iaaun
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1670, Datisi wrote:in game answer is what i already said + god forbid i tried to use my vote as an additional way to read shelly

out of game answer is out of some sorta principle? like what you're doing is not helping anyone and it's making the game not pleasant and i don't wanna bow down to it?

like i'm not saying BM isn't appearing provocative at times but like

so many pedits, @mena
ah it's all good brotha, just a bit of ego-posting on both sides. it does mean if teacher flips scum, especially scum PR, i'd look at Menal tomorrow after all.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:17 am

can i please please request that both bm and menal consolidate all their points from the past hour into one post each because this hyperposting is completely unhelpful
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Menalque »

BM is trying to outpost me so that he can control the narrative and force a teacher guillo

I'm simply not allowing that to happen
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Menalque »

I'll hammer teacher if you can get him to L-1 tho BM
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1679, TheGoldenParadox wrote:can i please please request that both bm and menal consolidate all their points from the past hour into one post each because this hyperposting is completely unhelpful
i mean i posted my case dude, that's basically the only substance that was posted by either of us :lol:

and i suppose my general point that just elimming shelly because she claimed vanilla is dumb (i mean, i literally claimed vanilla on Page 1 and I'm still alive). and that it's in town's interests to let people form their own opinions.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Menalque »

it's still a terrible decision vs flipping shelly but whatever if it means ending the day
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1680, Menalque wrote:BM is trying to outpost me so that he can control the narrative and force a teacher guillo

I'm simply not allowing that to happen
lol mate, i promise you i'm not trying to out-post you - i don't really care. i'm literally going to respond to everyone else BESIDES you and then I'm done for the night and you can rock on! :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Battle Mage »

you can win the 'ego' battle, i really do not mind! :D
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:20 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1682, Battle Mage wrote:and i suppose my general point that just elimming shelly because she claimed vanilla is dumb (i mean, i literally claimed vanilla on Page 1 and I'm still alive). and that it's in town's interests to let people form their own opinions.
shelly claimed because she was scummy and 6-7 people found her sufficiently scummy to want that claim

that scumminess didn't just evaporate because she claimed, and you trying to use her having claimed as a way to defend her/justify voting elsewhere is major partner equity because that is a classic scum move
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:20 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1674, Menalque wrote:so basically you're saying that I didn't ask for town to do something useful and productive in a very nice way @datisi, and that's why you won't get on board with it
there's a difference in "not in a very nice way" and where this was heading

like i would've peaced out as soon as this shit started because i don't have the energy but i genuinely have a feeling it would've escalated onto unhealthy levels

and it's just?? not fun for anyone???

i can't even post this
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:20 am

Post by Menalque »

we're not liming her BECAUSE she claimed VT

we're liming her because VT wasn't a good enough reason to NOT lim her after how scummy she'd been up to that point
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:20 am

In post 1678, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1670, Datisi wrote:in game answer is what i already said + god forbid i tried to use my vote as an additional way to read shelly

out of game answer is out of some sorta principle? like what you're doing is not helping anyone and it's making the game not pleasant and i don't wanna bow down to it?

so many pedits, @mena
ah it's all good brotha, just a bit of ego-posting on both sides. it does mean if teacher flips scum, especially scum PR, i'd look at Menal tomorrow after all.
you'd see menal attacking your teacher wagon this hard as a reasonable thing for scum to do to defend a scum PR? it feels like if teacher is scum and menal is scum then menal would be using one of a thousand subtler ways to break up the teacher wagon than this blatant and all out fight among you two

pedit: we're not elimming shelly because she claimed vt but it looks very suspiciously like both you and ico are trying to run up as many wagons as possible and rolefish, which is looking quite icky to me
who's like "oh they claimed vt we're not elimming them today" like what the hell that's blatant rolefishing
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1676, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 1665, iamausername wrote:alright. in general i think we are in need of some flips, we're just kind of going in circles and achieving very little.

the group of {teacher/Taylor/Alonzo} have all been pretty much non-entities throughout, not really making any pushes or taking any strong stances, and i would be extremely surprised if there was no scum in this group. i'd rank them as teacher>Taylor>>>>Alonzo in terms of who is most likely scum here.

i'm also still extremely down for executing bob, who continues to seem like obvious scum to me and apparently no one else but i don't feel like i'm going to get any traction there.

i am no longer down for executing GoldenParadox. his posting has improved dramatically in recent times and i'm not surprised that the wagon disappeared.

also i really liked Bunno's entrance. feel like scum replacing in midway through D1 would be vastly more likely to focus on existing wagons than to try to generate something new in the way that Bunno did, and he made some compelling points re: Taylor.

a full reads list looks something like:

OBVTOWNS
Noraa
Battle Mage
Bunno

PROBTOWN
Iconeum
shellyc
Menalque

I HAVE SOME CONCERNS
TheGoldenParadox
Datisi
Alonzo

HERE BE SCUM
Tayl0r Swift
teacher
bob3141

VOTE: teacher
work with me here. let's ignore the information from the flip itself because you're saying you actually pretty strongly believe in teacher!scum. can you explain your case on teacher!scum disregarding any information you'd get from a potential teacher!scum flip?
ah i follow your earlier post now. look at my case too.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Menalque »

bunno where the fuck are you
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:22 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1689, TheGoldenParadox wrote:

so many pedits, @mena
you'd see menal attacking your teacher wagon this hard as a reasonable thing for scum to do to defend a scum PR? it feels like if teacher is scum and menal is scum then menal would be using one of a thousand subtler ways to break up the teacher wagon than this blatant and all out fight among you two

pedit: we're not elimming shelly because she claimed vt but it looks very suspiciously like both you and ico are trying to run up as many wagons as possible and rolefish, which is looking quite icky to me
who's like "oh they claimed vt we're not elimming them today" like what the hell that's blatant rolefishing
i don't know mate - it's possible.

my previous assumption was teacher-scum means menal-town but this defence is hard for me to justify rationally. in fairness to menal, i'm sure he was expecting everyone to just roll over instantly and wasn't aiming to be this conspicuous :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:23 am

In post 1688, Menalque wrote:we're not liming her BECAUSE she claimed VT

we're liming her because VT wasn't a good enough reason to NOT lim her after how scummy she'd been up to that point
^^ this and bm your deflection isn't helping the case that you and shelly are not scum together

calling the scumteam today: {shelly/ico/bm}. this is my most viable scumteam right now and the weird flip flopping and posturing that both ico and bm have been doing with regards to the shelly wagon make me really strongly think that they are all working together
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Menalque »

I feel like TGP is the only person being reasonable rn in this entire PL
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:23 am

In post 1692, Battle Mage wrote:

so many pedits, @mena

i don't know mate - it's possible.

my previous assumption was teacher-scum means menal-town but this defence is hard for me to justify rationally. in fairness to menal, i'm sure he was expecting everyone to just roll over instantly and wasn't aiming to be this conspicuous :lol:
disagree, it seems to me like menal was absolutely prepared to fight this
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1692, Battle Mage wrote:in fairness to menal, i'm sure he was expecting everyone to just roll over instantly and wasn't aiming to be this conspicuous
no, actually I sadly have to yell at people despite trying to move away from that because apparently people don't respond to anything else
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Menalque »

I was fully expecting to yell at everyone about shelly because FOR SOME FUCKING REASON it is anathema to every fucking town on this site to end the day when it ought to be fucking ended and not drag it out until the last possible second
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

so many pedits, @mena

i can dig the role-fishing argument btw, no probs! i aint scum though, and i wasn't rolefishing as such. Claims are a powerful element of the game, and I wanted the claim to help me form a judgement on whether to elim or not. Menalque plays it differently, but that's my style.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Menalque »

and as much as Datisi can say that not ending it one day before isn't the alternative being proposed to ending it right now... that's what fucking happens isn't it? like nearly every time when town shits the pot and doesn't just get the elim done on the wagon everyone thought was scummy enough to elim halfway through the day

and there is 0 benefit to dragging it out. 0.