Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Lost »

In post 244, Almost50 wrote:
In post 231, joqiza wrote:Also, how are you reading for scum PR? Just proclivity to bussing?
As I said, activity+substance. PP's posting is designed to make him survive longer than "his partner". Billy is being active and tackling many, making him more likely to be either wagoned or investigated. Nona (assuming she is scum with PP) is also inviting the Cop investigation to her over PP.
i can kind of see what you're saying with this, considering i just finished a game with scumPP. what would be the differences between his town play and scum play?

although i haven't meta'd any of his town games, i would think his posting activity would be consistent between the both of them(based on how you describe PP in 243), but i feel his content this game is already more substantial than the one i just finished with him.
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Lost »

ooo nice another pagetop
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Lost »

i believe that dong and sirius do have some history, and so i don't think 18 is a very good towntell/slip.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:57 am

Post by joqiza »

Yeah, I had a brief lightbulb moment when I reread , but now I'm thinking about it more, and just like... it probably was just a joke, and either way I feel like mistaking the mod for a player would still only be lightly indicative, given he would still need to confirm his role PM.

I still kind of like Almost's tone when he said "Dong is TOWN" though.
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Lost »

In post 231, joqiza wrote:I agree that a me/you/Dong/Lost townbloc puts Penguin/Nona/BP in the PoE
{peng nona bp dong} for me
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:07 am

Post by Lost »

bp what are your reads like?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Almost50 »

Check the games I linked for scum!PP first and then ask me about his town game if you still want to. (And yes, it's hard to tell the difference between Scum!PP & Town!PP, but I kinda have a "little edge" there due to having played with him more than a dozen (maybe even a couple of dozens) if games.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Lost »

in the interest of time i would actually prefer if you just shared. i believe meta gained by playing together is more valuable than the information i gain from reading these games.

i also don't really have the luxury of time to intently read through those games as i'm pretty busy from now til deadline

but if you insist, i'll skim through the games tomorrow
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 252, Lost wrote:i believe that dong and sirius do have some history, and so i don't think 18 is a very good towntell/slip.
Here's how I thought of it exactly: "3rd time is the charm" meant he genuinely thought he was playing with Sirius for a 3rd time. Unless he played UNDER Sirius as the mod twice before (??!!). I don't know about the confirmation part (as I wasn't here at the start of the game to gauge the time between receiving the tole PM and Dong's post). I can tell you this much though: I sometimes forget who the mod is myself, and especially so when I'm playing in multiple games and the mod(s) of my games are playing with me in other games.

I won't be stubborn about it and I accept I may have overestimated the tell. I will still want to eliminate between BP and PP today though, and the Cop can pick their check on their own from the living players.

Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:28 am

Post by Lost »

im ok with bp pp nona dong, although im a little hesitant on pp and nona. not particularly keen on ending a low content day with a an elim on a low poster
Lost
Lost
Goon
Lost
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:30 am

Post by Lost »

ok i need to leave now, catch up when Im back
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:30 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 240, joqiza wrote:
In post 237, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 234, joqiza wrote:@BP

, or Almost's comment about it? I just said I originally read Dong's comment as a joke, but now think it might be serious.
Almost's comment about it.
Did you not? What indicates that wasn't a serious read?
Because it was so bizarre it couldn't have been serious. And if hes gonna put this much weight on what seemed to be a joke vote, you don't think he would have asked Dong whether it was a joke?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:35 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 249, Lost wrote:
In post 236, Billy Pilgrim wrote:A50 played scum with me once when we didn't have daytalk. Him classifying LAMIST for me as a scum tell is like complete bullshit since to some degree its my playstyle. Remember that large normal where I claimed VT early on to get cleared? And I lolhammered someone once in a hydra with Hectic and so now I double check vote counts before putting a vote down.
i don't think claiming vt is particularly lamist. also still don't get why you didn't vote dong when you said you wanted to. you could have just checked to see if he was e-1.
This is a product of the fact that I dont have a computer that I play on. I only play on my phone. So that was saying my intention is to vote here, but I want to check a vote count first. Don't know if you've ever tried to play on a phone before, but keeping open a bunch of tabs to check vote counts and search for the most recent VC is a giant pain in the ass. So when I come in the game and notice that there are pages after where I am, I just say things like this so that people can track where I am. I do this as scum too though so its not AI.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 257, Lost wrote:in the interest of time i would actually prefer if you just shared. i believe meta gained by playing together is more valuable than the information i gain from reading these games
If I keep outing what specific tells I have on people in every game I will soon be unable to read them myself. It's not like "X tends to be more fluffy/chatty when they're a certain alignment" which is a hard to break meta because even you manage to pretend for sometime you gradually get back to your true nature over the course of the game. But sometimes the tell is so simple it could be faked be faked if found out. (For a HYPOTHETICAL example: Someone uses smilies more often as one alignment but not the other culd easily be circumvented if brought to the player's attention)

Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 246, Lost wrote:
In post 218, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Side note, I like the way dong answered my concerns about it, but ... im concerned because that's what I do as scum. I tend to interrogate the scumreads and like see if parts of it are valid. So im a bit confused how if you think im misrepresenting a sort of playstyle you have that makes me town.

I realize that I didn't vote there after the last votecount and this hasn't really given me a reason to townbin you.

VOTE: Dong

Also, I looked at that game with Umlaut, but didn't see what you were referring to. Can you point me to your back and forth? I'll admit I didn't read the whole game, I was more looking for your early posts because here you seemed to rocket the game out of RVS and I picked up in your town games that you tend to suspect people that do that.
hi billy i read this 4 times and my brain fell out of my ears

can you clarify:
"i tend to interrogate the scumreads and see the parts that are valid" - is this what you refer to when you say "im concerned because that's what i do as scum", and if so, where was this point brought up in your interaction with dong? if it isn't, then what are you actually referring to

what does not voting dong have to do with not townbinning nona(are you referring to nona?)

and...who is the whole last para directed to? dong?
Yeah, sorry, that was bad. What I mean is I look at the people that scumread me and talk about it to see whether I think its fair or not. I spend a decent bit of time doing this as town too, but I think as scum im more likely to make sure that I give credence to the scumread, as a way to sort of wave it off. So Dong townreading me out of it while taking issue with the substance makes me think its coming from a too much information type place. Like I dont see how town!Dong doesn't look at that and go, wtf, you misrepped my meta, why would you do that. Whereas scum!Dong already knows my alignment so is more concerned with placating me than sorting me.

Did that work better? The townbinning comment was to Dong so I dont know why you were asking about Nona.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 263, Almost50 wrote:
In post 257, Lost wrote:in the interest of time i would actually prefer if you just shared. i believe meta gained by playing together is more valuable than the information i gain from reading these games
If I keep outing what specific tells I have on people in every game I will soon be unable to read them myself. It's not like "X tends to be more fluffy/chatty when they're a certain alignment" which is a hard to break meta because even you manage to pretend for sometime you gradually get back to your true nature over the course of the game. But sometimes the tell is so simple it could be faked be faked if found out. (For a HYPOTHETICAL example: Someone uses smilies more often as one alignment but not the other culd easily be circumvented if brought to the player's attention)
Oh shit, he caught me. I mean...:-)
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:44 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 255, Lost wrote:bp what are your reads like?
Not really well developed. I think Joc seems to be approaching this from a town perspective and you as well.

I think at the moment my primary suspects are Dong and the monkey, which honestly is par for me playing with the monkey. We talk about Liverpool a bit, then we scumread each other for a while.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 259, Lost wrote:im ok with bp pp nona dong, although im a little hesitant on pp and nona. not particularly keen on ending a low content day with a an elim on a low poster
Does im ok with refer to a scum pool or townpool?
Nona
Nona
Goon
Nona
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Nona »

In post 209, joqiza wrote:
In post 101, Nona wrote:back.

i got town vibes from joqiza and pp's interaction earlier.

i also like billy pilgrim's question above^
Nona, you said this, earlier. I sort of took it to mean you were townreading PP. What changed? Or is that not what you meant?
i was leaning town on pp for that earlier but thats the only leantown thing i had on pp
Nona
Nona
Goon
Nona
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Nona »

In post 218, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 199, Nona wrote:
In post 191, Lost wrote:
In post 175, Nona wrote:
In post 113, Lost wrote:i like nona

hi nona what do you think about billy
could use some more analysis. i like his questions though, and his approach to joqiza on post was nice.
could you do that analysis now and then come up with something more concrete?
sorry i meant id like to hear more reads/analysis from billy before i think on his alignment

because all ive seen so far is questions and interactions with others which is nai
This is interesting. I've played a decent bit of games on site and this is the first time someone didn't get a sort of gutted from my playstyle. Most people sort of immediately scumread me while others think its a townie curiosity, but this was an explicit fence-sit until i came out with more reads.

Why would my reads help sort me. Let's say I think you're hedging. What does that mean for my alignment? Let's say I think the monkey is a bit out of character because I'm used to him spam posting?

Side note, I like the way dong answered my concerns about it, but ... im concerned because that's what I do as scum. I tend to interrogate the scumreads and like see if parts of it are valid. So im a bit confused how if you think im misrepresenting a sort of playstyle you have that makes me town.

I realize that I didn't vote there after the last votecount and this hasn't really given me a reason to townbin you.

VOTE: Dong

Also, I looked at that game with Umlaut, but didn't see what you were referring to. Can you point me to your back and forth? I'll admit I didn't read the whole game, I was more looking for your early posts because here you seemed to rocket the game out of RVS and I picked up in your town games that you tend to suspect people that do that.
i wanted to see more direct stuff from you.

did you know this is your first vote since rvs?

i agree with practice you could probably read people reliably from their posting behavior but i do not know you and the way you have posted a decent amount without much sorting is worrying.
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Sirius9121 »

Official Vote Count

Lost
(2): Dongempire, PenguinPower
Dongempire
(1): Billy Pilgrim
PenguinPower
(1): Almost50

Not Voting
(3): joqiza, Lost, Nona

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-10-09 09:00:00)
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
発熱が死因 然れば早期に躊躇すべきだったと知る放火犯
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:13 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

VOTE: Sirius

ego

No u. Where's your mod colour?

I need a mod color? :3
You're a backup mod! You'r gonna confuse other players
Last edited by Sirius9121 on Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 249, Lost wrote:
In post 236, Billy Pilgrim wrote:A50 played scum with me once when we didn't have daytalk. Him classifying LAMIST for me as a scum tell is like complete bullshit since to some degree its my playstyle. Remember that large normal where I claimed VT early on to get cleared? And I lolhammered someone once in a hydra with Hectic and so now I double check vote counts before putting a vote down.
i don't think claiming vt is particularly lamist. also still don't get why you didn't vote dong when you said you wanted to. you could have just checked to see if he was e-1.
It wasn't the claim. It was everything around the claim. Obviously claiming vt isn't lamist, its just a role claim.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 268, Nona wrote:
In post 209, joqiza wrote:
In post 101, Nona wrote:back.

i got town vibes from joqiza and pp's interaction earlier.

i also like billy pilgrim's question above^
Nona, you said this, earlier. I sort of took it to mean you were townreading PP. What changed? Or is that not what you meant?
i was leaning town on pp for that earlier but thats the only leantown thing i had on pp
Think Joc and Nona are unlikely to be partners.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 271, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:VOTE: Sirius

ego

No u. Where's your mod colour?
Wait, are you the backup mod or a player?
Backup Mod - Sirius
Last edited by Sirius9121 on Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.