Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1996, shellyc wrote:
In post 1978, Gloria Cleary wrote:I’m going to call it, I don’t think Noraa’s scum here.
who's scum

or are you the type of person that likes to TR and solve through poe
In most cases, yes. Especially early game, unless you have slots that act over the top scummy.

Idk yet but my guess is one of the slots pushing Noraa.

There are certain kinds of things that are more likely to come from town than scum. I referenced FL because he made it a point to say one of those statements as scum that in every other game I’ve ever read, only town has made. It wasn’t this particular one but that’s more often than not a town indicative reaction to LLD’s post.

It goes to mindset, sure scum can obviously fake it but it has strong conviction which is difficult for scum - especially newbscum to fake.

The “go eat your hat” reaction she made to LLD’s post just read extremely confident to me.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1999, MURDERCAT wrote:You are mostly posting self meta wifom. Why don't you instead question people? You have some strong town reads who tr you, why are you not engaging them? Like, regardless of your alignment I think you should consider how your actions led to you getting more SRed.
trying to help people understand my thought process cuz just spewing whatever came to mind didn't seem to be helping anyone
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Noraa »

Who is FL btw?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by Noraa »

Mush,
1) why is pooky scum(you weren't that clear especially with all the remembering wrong stuff
2) if pooky is scum, who would he hand the scroll too?

for number 2, keep in mind that if pooky is scum, I'm basically conftown cuz scum never pushes partners that hard day 1. This means that scum!Pooky knows LLD is tunneling me hard which is exactly why I dont think scum!Pooky ever hands the scroll to LLD. Cuz as long as LLD is alive, LLD is gonna push me and that is one more free lim for the scums.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 2001, Noraa wrote:
In post 1999, MURDERCAT wrote:You are mostly posting self meta wifom. Why don't you instead question people? You have some strong town reads who tr you, why are you not engaging them? Like, regardless of your alignment I think you should consider how your actions led to you getting more SRed.
trying to help people understand my thought process cuz just spewing whatever came to mind didn't seem to be helping anyone
but you are correct. I agree and will take that advice and progress game state as much as I can.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by Noraa »

Taylor what's ur read on Uno? can't remember and waaaaay too lazy <.<
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:07 pm

Post by Noraa »

Bell can I get a full on reads list. no need to be a try hard like me. short 1-2 sentence explanations is good. Long explanations are better but if you dont have the time, short is good too.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Noraa »

Gloria besides me being town, who else has reserved a spot on your TRs? cuz poe doesn't really work with only one TR :/
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1997, Noraa wrote:Speaking of which, gloria is your TR on me conditional or anything?
Also is it 100% meta based?
I'm in an interesting position rn where here is my thought process:

generally I hate when people give me free town passes when I am town but rn I'm getting heavily SRed and honestly like honestly speaking, I am desperate for someone to correctly read me. I am desperate.

I always am paranoid as town about getting pocketed but rn I seriously do not know what to think bc I constantly am feeling like in a way, I have no choice but to assume the people TRing me aren't scum TMI-ing because I am so desperate for support that I cannot see and do not wish to see a world where I'm just getting absolutely manipulated by scum. I hate that my thought process is this self centered and survivalistic but I feel extremely trapped where I dont feel safe with the people TRing me but I also dont feel safe with the people SRing me. I feel like wherever I go, I'm vulnerable and I'm scared that I am making the wrong choice.

Even when I am universally TRed, I can end up going 100% the wrong direction. Not to mention rn where I have a really hard time determining where I should be heading and I just feel like anyone that reaches out a hand to help me is just gonna get me paranoid and they'd have to do it in an extremely slick way for me to not literally go insane overthinking. It's at a point in the game where I literally wouldn't even be surprised if almost all of my TRs flipped green. I dont know how to describe how paranoid I have been this game but I am seriously so fucking paranoid.

someone give me advice please but be warned that its entirely possible that I get paranoid and start SRing and I'll apologize post game if that happens and you are town. If you are scum, u deserved it.
I understand that, I’m just really good on picking up on things most people miss. This post also sounds like you’re genuinely worried. I can spot fake pocketing accusations pretty easily, which scum often fake to get towncred. This otoh, sounds believable.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I will get the next page top...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 2002, Noraa wrote:Who is FL btw?
Flavor Leaf
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 2007, Noraa wrote:Gloria besides me being town, who else has reserved a spot on your TRs? cuz poe doesn't really work with only one TR :/
Noraa, is there some reason you aren’t reading all my posts? I haven’t made very many. :lol:
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1703, Gloria Cleary wrote:I’ve now read over 50+ pages of this game but everytime, I believe I’m finally caught up, there’s at least 10 more. So what I think so far is Mush, LLD. Isis and Titus for town. I really don’t know who’s scum yet. I will probably be useless until D2 or 3, so I might just sheep Mush/Titus until I get some clarify.
In post 1943, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 1683, Zdenek wrote:Mushagana makes a lot of excuses. Is that par for the course with her? If it’s not, we should curse her for it.
Really really dislike this post.

In post 1707, Zdenek wrote:Who is Titus?
Vault replacement.

Just ftr, Mush, LLD, Titus and Vax are all town and no one who is town should be sr any of them.
@Noraa
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by Noraa »

I just threw a bunch of game advancing questions and look forward to those answers.

Murder has been promoted from a SR to a town lean. Reason : you keep reasoning with me. scum never has that patience. scum just pushes me until I die. Also you keep giving me advice and being like a small guardian angel in the back of my brain. its been greatly appreciated. I hated your tone and felt like I was being talked down to so the SR on you was more anger/emotionally fueled than it was logically(tho there was a lil of that too). Sometimes it just hit different when someone else spews logical shit to you. You've guided me and I feel like you think I am town and are trying to guide me back after I fell into a huge pit of despair. Scum wouldn't ever try to make me look better cuz the worse I look, the less town gets out of a mislim on me and the easier it is to mislim. Thank you I sincerely appreciate it.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 2011, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 2007, Noraa wrote:Gloria besides me being town, who else has reserved a spot on your TRs? cuz poe doesn't really work with only one TR :/
Noraa, is there some reason you aren’t reading all my posts? I haven’t made very many. :lol:
got lost in the crowd :(. I'll take a look at them tomorrow :D. Im off for the night.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 2013, Noraa wrote:I just threw a bunch of game advancing questions and look forward to those answers.

Murder has been promoted from a SR to a town lean. Reason : you keep reasoning with me. scum never has that patience. scum just pushes me until I die. Also you keep giving me advice and being like a small guardian angel in the back of my brain. its been greatly appreciated. I hated your tone and felt like I was being talked down to so the SR on you was more anger/emotionally fueled than it was logically(tho there was a lil of that too). Sometimes it just hit different when someone else spews logical shit to you. You've guided me and I feel like you think I am town and are trying to guide me back after I fell into a huge pit of despair. Scum wouldn't ever try to make me look better cuz the worse I look, the less town gets out of a mislim on me and the easier it is to mislim. Thank you I sincerely appreciate it.
Helping a slot become more readable almost never comes from scum, unless they have some agenda for doing that and I really can’t see what scum motivation he could possibly have for doing that. Scum want their pushes easy not harder. The more readable you become, the easier it becomes for more people to correctly parse you. The converse is also true, which scum obviously wouldn’t want.

The most annoying thing to happen to scum is either when their favoured push becomes more readable or when a scummy easily mislynchable slot gets replaced by a super townie one.

I’ve rarely seen scum do something like this for towncred.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

I mean winning is secondary to having a fun game and emotionally you read super town to me. But like, we still have to flip you because I know you could and would do all this as scum :lol:
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 2015, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 2013, Noraa wrote:I just threw a bunch of game advancing questions and look forward to those answers.

Helping a slot become more readable almost never comes from scum, unless they have some agenda for doing that and I really can’t see what scum motivation he could possibly have for doing that. Scum want their pushes easy not harder. The more readable you become, the easier it becomes for more people to correctly parse you. The converse is also true, which scum obviously WOULD want.

The most annoying thing to happen to scum is either when their favoured push becomes more readable or when a scummy easily mislynchable slot gets replaced by a super townie one.

I’ve rarely seen scum do something like this for towncred.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by Bell »

Really don’t want to hand Noraa the scroll like ever.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by Bell »

They’ve given us everything we need to read them correctly if we still can’t see that they’re town this game than this town sucks.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 2016, MURDERCAT wrote:I mean winning is secondary to having a fun game and emotionally you read super town to me. But like, we still have to flip you because I know you could and would do all this as scum :lol:
Can you link that/those games for me please? I just did a brief skim and my most notable take away was that town!Noraa was extremely jokey where as scum!Noraa seemed deadly serious. I mean if you could please find the specific quotes where she did that as scum, I have never played with her before. Thanks.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:51 pm

Post by Adorable »

@Noraa There are some players who are suspecting us as scum buddies and if you really are town, then this makes me think scum are the ones who are trying to make it look like we are scum buddies when we are not. UNOwen and Fidget are the players that come up from the top of my head.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

I haven't played with scum Noraa but I've meta dived her a few times

Just went through her scum games and found a few posts that I think show her range. She is noticably more emotional this game to be fair, but I think Noraa is self aware enough to know that is a town trait of hers.

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... #p12129801

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... #p12232252

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... #p12154255

I chose these three because I think they show things I've seen from her this game: self-meta, discussion of her being upset about being a miselim (down to the phrasing: "going to be salty"), and high effort walls.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

victory is a pagetp!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

whoops