Bingle
Bingle
Jack of All Trades
Bingle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 523, DkKoba wrote:btw we should have a town parent claim at EoD and decide a lim so we avoid outting town child. if you're child and u get chosen by the town parent just stfu and take the lim bc u give us a free lim.
Not a bad take. What's your definition of end of day, and should we specify which parent?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:39 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 525, Bingle wrote:
In post 523, DkKoba wrote:btw we should have a town parent claim at EoD and decide a lim so we avoid outting town child. if you're child and u get chosen by the town parent just stfu and take the lim bc u give us a free lim.
Not a bad take. What's your definition of end of day, and should we specify which parent?
around 24 hrs till deadline? and we can flip a coin and choose one
GTKAS MS 20th Anniversary game now taking pre-ins!
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:39 am

Post by MathBlade »

This is a bad take for D1. I would say D2. I think outing why it’s a bad idea is proscum.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:40 am

Post by DkKoba »

don't think it matters as long as someone who is informed of an IC is chosen
(DM me)

"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:40 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 527, MathBlade wrote:This is a bad take for D1. I would say D2. I think outing why it’s a bad idea is proscum.
tell us more about how risking forcing town child to claim is a great idea
(DM me)

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:40 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

we should have a town parent claim

then divide rest of town into 2 piles

Pile A

and

Pile B

put Town Child in Pile A.

If the other child notices they r in Pile B. they just claim and let us kill a scum
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:41 am

tho it does narrow down where the town child is

so MIGHT NOT BE THE BEST IDEA
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:41 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 530, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
we should have a town parent claim

then divide rest of town into 2 piles

Pile A

and

Pile B

put Town Child in Pile A.

If the other child notices they r in Pile B. they just claim and let us kill a scum
me rn at pooky

(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:42 am

Post by DkKoba »

btw thats 50% chance of being a soft
(DM me)

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:42 am

Post by DkKoba »

interpret that however u will
(DM me)

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:43 am

what a troll
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:44 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 529, DkKoba wrote:
In post 527, MathBlade wrote:This is a bad take for D1. I would say D2. I think outing why it’s a bad idea is proscum.
tell us more about how risking forcing town child to claim is a great idea
Town child almost certainly doesn’t get to L-1 in this setup. Two players townread the townchild.

There’s 9 players. 9-3 = 6 and it is 5 to elim. Only needs two town to prevent that. Pretty safe assumption since parents will never suspect the child.

Instead by saving it a day to day two we can take control of the game by making elim of scum almost a sure thing and not give scum an idea of who to shoot. I think the idea is in the right place but by having D1 happen naturally it works better. Plus if there’s a hard deadline it will shut down conversation until that time.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:47 am

Post by MathBlade »

Scum also never claim town child here because one parent counterclaims leaving child secret and then the scum gets elimmed. So realistically that concern almost never happens.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:49 am

Post by DkKoba »

except scum are going to gain ez info from their own pushes and are going to aggressively push to get people to PR tell. better to give parents option to wifom and then at EoD one can lead a lim on someone. if town parents play with the knowledge they dont have to worry about convincing town necessarily they will be less likely to spew the town child. remember that scum have a pool of 6 players and not just 7 to choose from.

there are other ways of going about this but I won't out them as the info only benefits scum and it can severely backfire.
(DM me)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:51 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 538, DkKoba wrote:except scum are going to gain ez info from their own pushes and are going to aggressively push to get people to PR tell. better to give parents option to wifom and then at EoD one can lead a lim on someone. if town parents play with the knowledge they dont have to worry about convincing town necessarily they will be less likely to spew the town child. remember that scum have a pool of 6 players and not just 7 to choose from.

there are other ways of going about this but I won't out them as the info only benefits scum and it can severely backfire.
I think this conversation is anti town. I disagree with this post. When I am PR hunting the easier finds are in nonchalant posts. I really think this is a bad idea for d1.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bingle
Bingle
Jack of All Trades
Bingle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Bingle »

The suggestion was a natural d1 with a first right of refusal from an IC to swerve the elim if desired. For now, I think it's fair to say don't hammer until town parents have had a chance to weigh in and no claims before 24 hours remaining is fine.

Are you still of the opinion you have a solid tell on me Math?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
He
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
He
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: He

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 448, MathBlade wrote:
In post 447, Pink Ball wrote:I'm townreading you, Math
Why are you townreading me? I am townreading you because we seem to have similar reads and I want to be sure I am not being pocketed.
'Cause as soon as the game started you moved the game forward and out of any kind of random shit that could be justified in a game that has just started. You're giving this game a nice pace for a blitz, instead of relying on how short the days are to not get and give enough info to get a good elimination. And of course, you could be a good enough scum player to do this, but you're not self aware of what you're doing, you're just doing it.

Wrt the pocketing, I'm fine with that slight paranoia as long as, at the end of the day, we can recognize each other as town and finish off this game asap. It will be easier that way.
"Your intentions are not defined by how things went, but how things could've gone." (Ball, 2019)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 540, Bingle wrote:The suggestion was a natural d1 with a first right of refusal from an IC to swerve the elim if desired. For now, I think it's fair to say don't hammer until town parents have had a chance to weigh in and no claims before 24 hours remaining is fine.

What is up with both you and Koba saying I say tell when I don’t?

I don’t really follow the second two premises of your Punnet Square. They seem disconnected. I may just be being stupid intentionally *shrug*.. I thought it best to leave alone for now.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bingle
Bingle
Jack of All Trades
Bingle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 539, MathBlade wrote:I think this conversation is anti town.
Interesting, and also irrelevant. Unless you think that this game is the real game for some reason, the setup spec is probably going to happen before the real game anyway because you've already brought it up.

I see no reason not to have what is functionally a BP IC make the final call on the elim for D1.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 543, Bingle wrote:
In post 539, MathBlade wrote:I think this conversation is anti town.
Interesting, and also irrelevant. Unless you think that this game is the real game for some reason, the setup spec is probably going to happen before the real game anyway because you've already brought it up.

I see no reason not to have what is functionally a BP IC make the final call on the elim for D1.
I am not sure I follow. “This game is the real game?”

It’s also not setup spec, it’s trying to break the setup. Huge difference. Everyone knows the setup. It’s a matter of making sure scum don’t kill the TC on N1 as well as don’t elim them.

Parent claiming exposes it for NK. It’s a recipe for disaster.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bingle
Bingle
Jack of All Trades
Bingle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 542, MathBlade wrote:
In post 540, Bingle wrote:The suggestion was a natural d1 with a first right of refusal from an IC to swerve the elim if desired. For now, I think it's fair to say don't hammer until town parents have had a chance to weigh in and no claims before 24 hours remaining is fine.

What is up with both you and Koba saying I say tell when I don’t?

I don’t really follow the second two premises of your Punnet Square. They seem disconnected. I may just be being stupid intentionally *shrug*.. I thought it best to leave alone for now.
In the wake of Police Academy you had said you had a solid scumtell to use on me. It was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away (due to galactic drift), but I was wondering if you still have that opinion or not.

wrt the logic behind mislimming PB being a positive, it's an in joke. We had like 4 games in a row where I led a mislim on him and then we won for a completely unrelated reason. And also I may have modded a game where he got dayvigged before his first post. ;)

This is a public Jingle alt, btw. not sure if you knew that.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
He
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
He
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: He

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 478, DkKoba wrote:literally not everyone has talked yet and
i was the one who pushed to move us out of rvs quickly
via scrutinizing peta slot as its the most confident read for me since we have played 3 times before recently and i have modded games with them in it.
@Math when I say you're not self aware of what you were doing, this is the kind of self awareness I'm talking about
"Your intentions are not defined by how things went, but how things could've gone." (Ball, 2019)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by DkKoba »

having a clear decide a lim has never been anti town lol

i have a lot of experience with open setups from playing on epicmafia and optimal strategy has nearly always been narrowed down to a clear claiming at some point and/or a cc happening.

this is open setup philosophy 101.
(DM me)

Bingle
Bingle
Jack of All Trades
Bingle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 544, MathBlade wrote:I am not sure I follow. “This game is the real game?”
We're playing the game multiple times, and there's only a chance that this is the one that matters. No one knows, other than knowing which game number they submitted to be the "Real Game" and so saving setup spec to obfuscate but bringing it up in what is likely not a game that needs to be won seems iffy at best to me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 547, DkKoba wrote:having a clear decide a lim has never been anti town lol

i have a lot of experience with open setups from playing on epicmafia and optimal strategy has nearly always been narrowed down to a clear claiming at some point and/or a cc happening.

this is open setup philosophy 101.
Lol I’ve probably been playing mafia longer than you’ve been alive (or close to it).
Once a clear happens yes, they decide the elim.
However forcing said clear is a problem.

You need to go back to open 101. No claiming without provocation.
GTKAS -- MathBlade