catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by catboi »

Pickles getting frustrated with lack of engagement with his reads is probably a towntell, though. Doesn't need to care that much if he's mafia and getting ignored because he'd just accept being under the radar.

(sorry for the triple post, my thinking is just disorganized, but I'm going to try to be more active.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Ninetales »

It feels to me like scum trying to make me look bad here so that I don't get to lead a wagon on your buddy but I know I'm stepping into uncertain tunnels here that I should avoid or at least try to avoid.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Ninetales »

If you dislike my case on Marcistar, please point out why. I spent a decent amount of time on it and a "These reasons are dumb" followed by a vote really don't cut it.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by catboi »

I didn't call it dumb, I asked why that stuff is supposed to be scummy. Excessive emojis? confusion? Not having clear stances? Those things aren't scummy and acting like they are is a huge stretch.
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

In post 164, Ninetales wrote:
In post 159, LoneMarkhor wrote:Ninetails because she posted a lot but not now.Also her posts make accusations which I think are weird not true.
I didn't log on a single time yesterday so yes, generally I won't be able post without even visiting mafiascum.net.

I've gathered as much. No one here has followed my thought process. Rather than calling it weird, pointing out where you got lost is much more helpful for me.
By weird I meant your scumreads on marcistar and catboi.As you have presented your case I'll say that I also sometimes feel like she's the scum but I still think that she's just newbie town because its a newbie game right. If she's the scum then her partner would be catboi as the reason why I think he's town is that if he was scum he would have have rather hammered her to seem town but instead defended her.
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

I was trying to push not_mafia bcuz I thought that one SE was always scum to help their scum newbie. Muh 316 and catboi I thought were town so I thought that it would be not mafia.I was wrong but I still won't want not_mafia in an EOL situation.
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

Catboi could be scum if marcistar was also scum.But right now I think its ninetails and pao .
VOTE: ninetails
I thought pickles was likely town because of his reaction when nine tails scumreaded his readlist but I'll have to read again on pickles.
Pickles
Pickles
Goon
Pickles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:03 am

Post by Pickles »

All I can say is that I’m not used to the slow speed of the game, it kills my wim.
Nothing has happened to change my reads, so I’m not sure how to progress.
There’s 6 days and 3 hours left in the day, I’m gonna reread the whole thread.
Probably not right now, but when I’ve got some extra time.
I’ll re-assess all of my reads and see if they come out any differently.
It’s unlikely I’ll post them like I did the first time, instead I’ll just quick explain.
Hopefully something stands out during that because I have no idea what else to do.
Otherwise if nothing new stands out, I’ll likely cast vote between {Nine/Lone/NotMaf}.
I also noticed a few comments/questions for me when I was reading.
But I don’t have time to go back and find them now so I’ll answer in next post later.
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 166, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Pickles
Why? Could you please explain something for once?
In post 168, Ninetales wrote:Come ask me why Pickles is now a townread.
Come argue with me about one of my nulls.
Come ask me why I think catboi is scum.
Come ask me why my marcistar read hasn't budged.
Why do you think catboi is scum? Also, why did your pickles read flip?
In post 174, catboi wrote:I don't think calling someone likely town is TMI
What exactly does TMI mean? I've seen this several times on the forum, but "too much information" doesn't seem to fit it.
In post 181, LoneMarkhor wrote:Catboi could be scum if marcistar was also scum.But right now I think its ninetails and pao .
I thought pickles was likely town because of his reaction when nine tails scumreaded his readlist but I'll have to read again on pickles.
A scumteam of Ninetails and Pao makes no sense, the interaction earlier in the game doesn't seem like scum talking to each other at all.
Cute is just non meat speak for tender. -Ythan
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:30 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Looking for a replacement for Paopao
beefycheese
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:39 am

Post by catboi »

In post 182, Pickles wrote:All I can say is that I’m not used to the slow speed of the game, it kills my wim.
Nothing has happened to change my reads, so I’m not sure how to progress.
There’s 6 days and 3 hours left in the day, I’m gonna reread the whole thread.
Probably not right now, but when I’ve got some extra time.
I’ll re-assess all of my reads and see if they come out any differently.
It’s unlikely I’ll post them like I did the first time, instead I’ll just quick explain.
Hopefully something stands out during that because I have no idea what else to do.
Otherwise if nothing new stands out, I’ll likely cast vote between {Nine/Lone/NotMaf}.
I also noticed a few comments/questions for me when I was reading.
But I don’t have time to go back and find them now so I’ll answer in next post later.
._. I feel bad, because I don't want the game to be boring, I want it to be
fun
so that people want to stay, but I don't know how to inspire activity, both of our SEs are frankly big-time lurkers and paopao has gone offline and is likely to be replaced. I suppose I haven't been doing as much as I could, or should. I used to play more analytically, but it's been a long time since I've done that. I'll try to go over everything with a fine-toothed comb to see what I can find.
In post 183, Chumbo wrote:What exactly does TMI mean? I've seen this several times on the forum, but "too much information" doesn't seem to fit it.
The term is Too Much Information, yes, the idea being that mafia are coming from an informed perspective and know who is town and so the reads they give will be influenced by that. I don't use it that much but pickles did so I felt the need to bring it up in the response. I essence I don't see calling someone likely town is necessarily scummy, players get town reads all the time, and all markhor actually said was marcistar "might be town" which hardly sounds like a read mafia might give.
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:25 am

Post by LoneMarkhor »

I think the scumteam is {marci, catboi} or from {ninetails, not_mafia/pao}.Though the interaction between ninetails and pao earlier does make it rather unlikely but its still possible. Now that I know what TMI means I understand pickles read on me. Only reason why I thought marci was scum was that I thought she was faking newbie town which was based on the thing that she didn't appear to understand the 'other' possibility that I understood and shouldn't be hard for newbies to get but I thought about the matter again and ruled it out because its a newbie game after all. If pickles ye still think I am scum then I can't do much about it.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:55 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

donkihott replaces Paopao!
beefycheese
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:07 am

Post by catboi »

In post 186, LoneMarkhor wrote:I think the scumteam is {marci, catboi} or from {ninetails, not_mafia/pao}.Though the interaction between ninetails and pao earlier does make it rather unlikely but its still possible. Now that I know what TMI means I understand pickles read on me. Only reason why I thought marci was scum was that I thought she was faking newbie town which was based on the thing that she didn't appear to understand the 'other' possibility that I understood and shouldn't be hard for newbies to get but I thought about the matter again and ruled it out because its a newbie game after all. If pickles ye still think I am scum then I can't do much about it.
I would strongly rule outany possibility of ninetales/pao as a team, and needless to say I disagree with the former. What makes you only consider those possibilities?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:49 am

Post by catboi »

A quick thought is that I'm not sure Lone would pretend to be under the delusion that one SE had to be mafia like he said in if he were in fact mafia (unless partnered with an SE. I don't think he'd try to argue from an incorrect assumption he knew was incorrect. I think it's much more likely to be a genuine mistake from him.

I don't really like
muh316
's , mostly because I don't see how the selfvote on page 1 is supposed to be scummy. I don't like the accusations of rolefishing in , it feels like an easy buzzword to sling around but in my experience scum
rarely
do anything that could be described as rolefishing, and he both accuses marcistar of potentially pocketing ninetales while accusing ninetales of potentially rolefishing, which seems potnetially like trying to have things both ways. I don't necessarily mind his observation of marcistar's play being seemingly contradictory, even though I don't have an issue with it, I could see a town player picking up on that. On the face of it I agree with , marcistar's defeatism wasn't helpful, but something about the way it's written doesn't quite sit right with me, feels a little like he's talking down to her, I don't know. The re-evaluation in isn't badnot mindlessly tunnelin marcistar is good but I don't really like that his only comment was that the post was "sunstantive with good reads" but not actually commenting about anything she said. The attack on not_mafia for not posting substance in is an easy one but not necessarily bad, certainly could be scum and I could certainly see why a town player would suspect them. I don't like muh promising to work on a reads list in and not delivering.

There's stuff here I find kind of suspicious, but nothing glaringly so, in a little sense it does look like muh might be trying to scumhunt but it's hard to tell due to low volume. I wouldn't really declare him a townread, though.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:04 am

Post by donkihott »

Hey everyone, sorry to blow your reads but you gotta restart your thinking about pao pao. Don't transfer your grudges (if u had one) over me haha. It might hurt you but I define as lurker myself soo idk maybe we're too much in this game.
I like not-mafia's playstyle so far ahah I wish he is town and survives as long as possible to see how he plays.
I'm almost dismissing my thoughts of marci/catboi being the duo scum, I'd expect some distancing from a SE. However.. I still cringe when reading marci's AtE VOTE: marcistar
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:38 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.5
[2] LoneMarkhor (marcistar, Pickles)
[2] marcistar (Ninetales, donkihott)
[2] Ninetales (catboi, LoneMarkhor)
[1] Not_Mafia (muh316)
[1] Pickes (Not_Mafia)

[1] Not Voting (Chumbo)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to eliminate.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2021-01-06 10:30:00)
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:39 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

muh316 was prodded.
beefycheese
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:52 am

Post by catboi »

VOTE: donkihott

I had issues/lingering suspicion of paopao already but what a gross entry. What about her AtE is "cringe" and why is it vote-worthy?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: donkihott

Also, what is Not_Mafia doing? This is some of the worst play I’ve ever seen.
I will SEARCH for games with you and N_M to help you policy him.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
marcistar
marcistar
Mafia Scum
marcistar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 190, donkihott wrote:Hey everyone, sorry to blow your reads but you gotta restart your thinking about pao pao. Don't transfer your grudges (if u had one) over me haha. It might hurt you but I define as lurker myself soo idk maybe we're too much in this game.
I like not-mafia's playstyle so far ahah I wish he is town and survives as long as possible to see how he plays.
I'm almost dismissing my thoughts of marci/catboi being the duo scum, I'd expect some distancing from a SE. However.. I still cringe when reading marci's AtE VOTE: marcistar
whats an ate?
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Ninetales »

In post 179, LoneMarkhor wrote:
In post 164, Ninetales wrote:
In post 159, LoneMarkhor wrote:Ninetails because she posted a lot but not now.Also her posts make accusations which I think are weird not true.
I didn't log on a single time yesterday so yes, generally I won't be able post without even visiting mafiascum.net.

I've gathered as much. No one here has followed my thought process. Rather than calling it weird, pointing out where you got lost is much more helpful for me.
By weird I meant your scumreads on marcistar and catboi.As you have presented your case I'll say that I also sometimes feel like she's the scum but I still think that she's just newbie town because its a newbie game right. If she's the scum then her partner would be catboi as the reason why I think he's town is that if he was scum he would have have rather hammered her to seem town but instead defended her.
This logic is a mess.
In post 181, LoneMarkhor wrote:Catboi could be scum if marcistar was also scum.But right now I think its ninetails and pao .
This really just makes zero sense. You just said Marcistar and catboi was impossible because apparently catboi would've hammered his partner instead of defending her on day 1. Here you say scum is either those two or pao and I. Where is the logic behind any of your posts?
In post 183, Chumbo wrote:
In post 168, Ninetales wrote:Come ask me why Pickles is now a townread.
Come argue with me about one of my nulls.
Come ask me why I think catboi is scum.
Come ask me why my marcistar read hasn't budged.
Why do you think catboi is scum? Also, why did your pickles read flip?
Good questions! I'll present a few quotes from catboi that I particularly disliked.

Here they are:

Spoiler:
In post 165, catboi wrote:I hadn't put a ton of thought into everyone else, was in a bit of a wait and see mode, but clearly that's not working, the game is slow, so I need to rethink my approach.
In post 165, catboi wrote:I'm going to try to look for a new angle on things, I just need to wake up first.
In post 173, catboi wrote:FWIW this game is unusually slow, even for a newbie game. Games in other queues move faster. Ill try to post more though.
In post 175, catboi wrote:(sorry for the triple post, my thinking is just disorganized, but I'm going to try to be more active.
In post 185, catboi wrote:._. I feel bad, because I don't want the game to be boring, I want it to be fun so that people want to stay, but I don't know how to inspire activity, both of our SEs are frankly big-time lurkers and paopao has gone offline and is likely to be replaced. I suppose I haven't been doing as much as I could, or should. I used to play more analytically, but it's been a long time since I've done that. I'll try to go over everything with a fine-toothed comb to see what I can find.

Summed up, I think there are too many excuses and promises. This is truly the self awareness that I think is definitely scum indicative.

Pickles flipped because I believe he was genuinely upset and scum doesn't ever get that upset.
In post 190, donkihott wrote:Hey everyone, sorry to blow your reads but you gotta restart your thinking about pao pao. Don't transfer your grudges (if u had one) over me haha. It might hurt you but I define as lurker myself soo idk maybe we're too much in this game.
I have to say this looks really bad.
Ninetales
Ninetales
Townie
Ninetales
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Ninetales »

In post 195, marcistar wrote:
whats an ate?
You clearly read my read on you. Please reply to it.
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

Ninetails : All my posts are a mess. My logic behind the post was that Catboi,Marci was less likely but I meant it was possible.
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

Whats an AtE though?