Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:40 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 573, Cantripmancer wrote:In you said you were going to go back and try to show me what you meant on Chosen/Krazy; did you do that/can you if you didn't?
Yup, was waiting for someone to ask me.

So I was specifically talking about chosen’s post.

Now compare that post to his post.

Notice the difference in tone? Maybe you do, maybe you don’t, but I did.

Also read over his entrance/catch-up posts again (, , , , ). It reads like someone who in fact is pretty confident in the direction they’re going. Questioning, probing, etc.

also felt confident. Laid down a vote with reasons why, which was cool for me, but when krazy came back with a strong , in response to his he posted the aforementioned [post]215[post], which I believe and still believe was a weak response to someone that came in like he did.

To me that seems like:

1) he didn’t believe his initial read/push on krazy and was just following the trend of the gamestate, or...
2) he wanted to soften the pushback pressure that was coming from an SE slot...

which doesn’t normally comes from a town mindset.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:45 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 599, ItalianoVD wrote:I never responded to this when you said it last time, but I made a note to do so; my bad. Simple, I was catching up and was going in order of the things that stood out to me. Your vote was just first on the list. You can look back at the sequence of posts if you don’t think so.
Actually I looked back at it myself and saw that it wasn’t in fact in order. Oh well.
Cantripmancer
Cantripmancer
Townie
Cantripmancer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Cantripmancer »

In post 550, 2ndchosen1 wrote:@cantrip
"@2ndChosen: Talk to me about your first game. What did you think? What was it like? Etc."
the general strategy that I am proud to be the one to have implemented was a kind of chaos strat. We had an IC that was giving ok reads at best but even when he had some scum we left him alive. this caused a doubt in his reads as repeatedly town kept coming up and we killed any town that might have been a stabilizing influence to the game. It spiraled into enough pressure that he ultimately made nothing but iffy calls at best while the rest of town sheeped the IC. I mentioned in an earlier post to meuh a few things about it like me giving some IIOA lists that I hid behind and that I had played the "Am new here, am smooth brained, plz disregard" card. of course, unlike meuh I did those on D2 and D3, when such things should be more severe. but luckily by D3 the pressure on IC was pretty much overloaded. Was a fun game, and we did manage to keep IC to the end.
looking back a lot of things fell into place a lot better than it should have, D1 eliminated all non-Vigi power roles of a JOAT and Bp townie.

so....how does me talking about this help with the current game? wouldn't it be better to get my meta/impression of the game from the actual topic?
@Krazy: Your resonated with me a little, but I had been thinking more that his tone was somewhere between angry and annoyed. I figured, given he'd only played a single game, that maybe he was frustrated to have rolled scum a second time. So I wanted to get a sense of his first game to see how he talked about it. This response isn't strong, but I generally get the feeling that he had fun, so my theory doesn't really hold water. I guess if he's scum he could be annoyed that he doesn't get to try town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I was looking at these progressions:

Marci:

she says "But i do agree that 2nd isnt a good vote. To me, 2nd seems like an easy push and i don't rlly see much wrong about them, (tho everyones saying tone??)" and then indicates she'd be ok with a Meuh elim, but just unvotes Kazyan.

she jokes about being a Chosen partner and says Chosen's ISO just feels like a lurker's ISO, not a mafia one.

is a weird senpai to Harumi that feels really out of place.

she says "harumi is who i thinks most scum :cry: :cry: so ill vote that then, but i dont want to vote anyone else, im not confident in anyone else being scum." and votes Harumi.

she reiterates the "not confident in Harumi, but seems scummiest" and also reiterates why she doesn't think Chosen is scum.

, , are all dedicated to defending Chosen from Krazy.

is more "Chosen not scum" and saying she wants to sort Chosen D2.

is a response to Meuh about Chosen.

is responses to me about Chosen.

responds to a Krazy question about Chosen, and responds to Harumi's accusation that Marci is "skittish and defensive". The next post we get is:
In post 496, marcistar wrote:
In post 453, Harumi Ayasato wrote:What are your thoughts on me right now?
Still think ur scummy :dead: you dont feel like a town whos trying to prove their innocence.
In post 462, Cantripmancer wrote:@Marci: Since your vote on Harumi in you haven't moved your vote, but you also, unless I missed something, haven't talked about Harumi other than just recently asking them about finding you skittish. You've used a lot of words to talk about why you don't think Chosen is scum, but don't seem to be trying to figure Harumi out at all. Why not?
I don''t hhave any thoughts on chosens alignment rn..

I HATE TYPING SO MUCH I BY ACCIDENT DELETED SOMETHING I WROTE.

I think harumis overall more scummy by how often they post and their word choices. Meanwhile I choose to believe Chosens excuse of being busy because i think its genuine based on how its worded.

I think thats what i wrote :cry:
She makes that statement (large text/color highlighting mine) in response to me asking why she's spent all her time defending Chosen and not attacking Harumi. This is after literally the last six posts she made were talking about Chosen.

Until I looked at the ISO, I didn't realize how constant the defense was, which certainly could point to Marci being scumbuddies with Chosen, but I noticed something when I looked at Harumi's posts:

Harumi:

is their early reads list, has Chosen as null (to be expected at that point, not even sure Chosen had posted yet).

is really the next time they have any focused discussion on him, within the context of chainsaw defenses and a possible Meuh/Chosen team. They say they're going to look at Chosen and a few minutes later they post:
In post 305, Harumi Ayasato wrote:2nd hasn't posted as much as Meuh, but it's hard for me to point out anything specifically wrong with them. I'm just getting a bad feeling regarding them, like they're not being sincere.
So I'm going to VOTE: Meuh for now, but 2nd is going on my PoE.
So nothing specific, but a "bad feeling".
The next post they make in the game (150-ish posts later), Chosen has moved back to null (and gets one of the two explanations), and Marci gets the other one:
In post 451, Harumi Ayasato wrote:This might come off as a tad evasive but it's a bit difficult to do a full iso read when five pages show up overnight

My rough readlist would have to be as follows:

{Krazy}
{Kazyan}
{alisae, cantripmancer, italiano, 2ndchosen} - I know I said I didn't like 2nd but I took another look and I've decided I might have been suffering from confirmation bias. Still a null for me though.
{Marcistar} - bit skittish and defensive which I don't like, but it's probably a playstyle thing so eh.
{meuh}
they start questioning Marci attacking them.

they are "kinda starting to loosen up" on Meuh because Meuh's posts have been productive, and Marci gets a vote.

they say their suspicions on Chosen were "probably just [theirself] rather than anything actually scummy from [Chosen]".

So here's what I'm seeing: both Marci and Harumi start off null/townlean on Chosen. Marci white knights him the whole way (rather obsessively), while Harumi briefly entertains him as scum before putting him back to null. And they're attacking each other and cross-voting. So my hot-take is that they're buddies and sensing Chosen as a likely elim and both looking for some "told ya so" town cred when he flips town while also establishing some distancing from each other.

Of course, I know that my hot-takes often end up being tepid, so this really only matters if Chosen flips town.

Marci's obsession with defending Chosen is pretty constant, which makes me think if Chosen is scum, there's a good chance Marci is a buddy. But the
tone
I'm getting from Marci is pretty pure. So I don't really want to eliminate Marci at this point.

So I'm down to eliminate Chosen or Harumi, with slight preference for Chosen because I think it'll be a good info elim either way.

Thanks for the reassurance, Krazy, but my homesite is structured around E-2 being the "hold yer horses" point, and I can't quite override that instinct. Too many experiences with rash hammers (from both alignments). Consider my vote on Chosen for the time being until we decide we want to move forward.

Question: Is mafia daychat the standard on this site? Or more common than not?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Alisae »

daytalk is the standard but I don't think it would be uncommon for a game every now and then to not have daytalk
Discord: Alisae#8552
GTKAS
| here.
Cantripmancer
Cantripmancer
Townie
Cantripmancer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Cantripmancer »

Oh, and I was just handed a work project that is going to keep me busier than usual, so I may not post much between now and tomorrow evening. I'll try to keep up with reading, though.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Krazy »

Try not to ogi yourself town by asking publicly about daychat trip, ask the mod by pm stuff like that :P
vote conspiracy
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 604, Cantripmancer wrote:Oh, and I was just handed a work project that is going to keep me busier than usual, so I may not post much between now and tomorrow evening. I'll try to keep up with reading, though.
UNVOTE:
put a vote down on chosen then me and krazy get held accountable if we end the day preemptively.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Alisae »

we won't tho because we're town.
GTKAS
| here.
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Kazyan »

[instagram][/instagram]
In post 598, Krazy wrote:
In post 594, Kazyan wrote:Alisae I guess, but that's not happening either. So I guess Harumi or 2ndchosen1. None of my scumreads are going to be eliminated, so I'll just sheep the leading wagon.

Regarding 2nd's reaction to the E-2 wagon, I don't know.
you think meuh/alisae is the team?
I mean, maybe? But now that I've cooled off, I can see why everyone hates my post 506, so I should take the dismissive response to it as NAI. I just want to sheep right now tbh.

It looks like we have a lot of people who want to vote 2nd, but are staying off the wagon to avoid hammer range. If we have this much consensus on him (outside of Marci/Harumi), I say we just go ahead and do it.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Krazy »

Like, I've liked chosen's more recent posting, but he seemed to reconsider on me but then never changed votes

like I can't point to a post and say "yeah this is where he was hunting scum"

I don't know that he flips scum but I feel like he's made it hard to find him town if he is town

I don't really like harumi's posturing around the wagons on meuh/chosen and I'm not opposed to that wagon pretty much at all either at this point

if meuh is scum I'll feel a little bad for killing that wagon but I feel like I never let a day 1 push on meuh go through

italiano is feeling more town to me
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:30 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 602, Cantripmancer wrote:Question: Is mafia daychat the standard on this site? Or more common than not?
can you explain why you asked this actually, like were you imagining some sort of PT communication with Marci or Harumi?
vote conspiracy
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Alisae »

I actually feel like chosen's positioning could easily come from scum which is why I want to go chosen today
GTKAS
| here.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Krazy »

Expand?
vote conspiracy
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:44 am

Post by Alisae »

have you read ?
it just reads scum positioning to me.
Also I think Kazyan and chosen know each other? I honestly kind of want to trust Kazyan > chosen way more than I want to trust chosen > kazyan
GTKAS
| here.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:47 am

Post by Krazy »

My problem with 562 is that he townleans me and then doesn't move his vote, like what the hell is he doing with his vote?? At least Meuh moved it when I called her out on having it in a ?? spot after her readslist.

It's like when he scumread me and then waited 12 hours to vote me

Harumi had 1 vote on her wagon, why doesn't he just vote Harumi there if he's town? Why is he so cautious with is vote?

I mean I'm sure there could be town reasons, but when I cannot understand someone's vote logic idk how I'm supposed to find them town
vote conspiracy
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:49 am

Post by Kazyan »

Yeah, 2ndchosen1 and I know each other.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Krazy »

Do you think if you were both town that you'd be swooping in to save him by now?
vote conspiracy
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by Kazyan »

What? Like, if we were masons together? If I knew for sure that anyone was town, this would be a lot easier.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by Krazy »

No I meant if you were VT and he was VT do you think you could find him as town
vote conspiracy
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by Kazyan »

Anything's possible, I guess. Nice role-fishing, though.
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by Kazyan »

Wait, okay, I figured out what you're trying to figure out. Can you defer to my judgment on 2ndchosen1 because I know him? The answer is no, because we've played some voice chat sessions of Among Us, and I have a hard time sorting him as crewmate or impostor in that game regardless of alignment.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:50 pm

Post by Krazy »

We probably should take a claim from one of chosen or harumi in the next 6 to 12 hours
vote conspiracy
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 620, Kazyan wrote:Wait, okay, I figured out what you're trying to figure out. Can you defer to my judgment on 2ndchosen1 because I know him? The answer is no, because we've played some voice chat sessions of Among Us, and I have a hard time sorting him as crewmate or impostor in that game regardless of alignment.
hmm okay, I still think ur probably more townie than chosen anyways, this seems pretty honest tho I'm not sure if thats something that would be alignment indicative here.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by Alisae »

Yeah I think I want chosen to claim, I think I want to go that over Harumi today but I'll compromise on her if I have to.
GTKAS
| here.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Meuh
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 609, Krazy wrote:
if meuh is scum I'll feel a little bad for killing that wagon but I feel like I never let a day 1 push on meuh go through