Newbie 2062: The Hubble Telescope - End!

Forum rules
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 249, orctin wrote:When i noted a while back some reads Andante was included on that list

See thats something i've seen you do 3-4 time now - post half truths, you take one piece of something someone says - pounce on it - yet ignore the rest - this is why i'm suspect of you - you tend to take one piece of something and then try to use it against people taking things out of context or putting the whole info there when you do - this is to me a scum read cause that's how scum lie, you have to mix in truth with the lie so it looks more believable and townies can see the piece you are using but if they aren't looking hard enough then they fall into the trap of taking that half post as what was actually said
I know you did, I even referred to her reaction on your read of her, which was basically a 1 liner of nothingness.
Everyone's a fool in some ways, we all can only try.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

Both yoyr read on her AND her reaction
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

You and Andante have varely interacted beyond that, you didn't even answer her question to you about said read.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

Barely*
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

If you scumread me that much, why did you unvote me.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by orctin »

it took you 5 post to say that :)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

That response is extremely scummy, it means you knowing lied about me lying and find it funny how much I tried to respond to it.

I honestly am happy to vote you at this point, however you also could just be town who likes to troll and provoke.
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:11 pm

Post by orctin »

"you knowing lied about me lying"

See this is what i mean - i didn't say you lied - i said you take half a statement and try to use it without the whole reference - and i said this is how scum lies - by using half truths - i didn't say "you lied" - so if your going to call something out - call out all of it - not just what helps you make your argument
orctin
orctin
Townie
orctin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:13 pm

Post by orctin »

In post 256, RationalMadman wrote:you also could just be town who likes to troll and provoke.
And check the mirror there cause that is all you been doing since the game started - That's been my point about you just about the whole game and hasn't changed - it doesn't make you scum - i've pretty well determined it's your playstyle - for good or bad, its what you do.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:43 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

I think Orctin is town for these last two replies.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:44 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

Andante and Clasko is the team. Fairly sure of this now.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:45 pm

Post by RationalMadman »

Possibly Ivyeo in place of either. Everyone else reads town for me or null with town leaning.
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:21 am

Post by Demainer »

In post 157, Clasko wrote:
In post 132, Demainer wrote:What do you think of jack and t3?
I'm naturally aware of SE's, but I think JV's posting thoughts that aren't just 'gut', and he could have let RM's town read on him slide, but he instead challenged it which looks good in my eyes. I feel scum are more likely to accept the read. Town lean.

T3, I was initially happy with - I got good feels from him going through the 2060 to get a feel for how you post, but he isn't responding well to pressure rn. I'm in a similar boat to RM in that I would like him to explain his reads.
For the record I don't mind he hard-reads someone this early. His reasoning was a bit iffy but at least he commited to it and I know where he stands, on the face of it. Null.
This and the previous post in response to andante feel slightly forced, but I largely agree with the reads.

What makes me uncomfortable is that it seems like everyone is gravitating towards consensus reads when it's still very early in the game, which is not giving me good vibes at all.
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:26 am

Post by Demainer »

In post 162, T3 wrote:Demainer is a strong meta scumread. Rational coming in with reads and contributing feels like town, I would see early scum as more cautious plus the reaction to the mason thing.
Rathe feels like town thought streaming. Ivy is mainly a lean town because of the Demainer interaction.
orctin almost feels like he is posting just for the sake of posting. Andante has had a terrible reaction to the pressure put on her.
Please, based on the one game I've played here where I was a villager, eli5 how you have a strong meta sr on me. My brain is not big enough to handle this.
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:39 am

Post by Demainer »

I'm getting a town lean on rational after isoing him. His posts have been consistent, and he's fleshed out thought process quite clearly which gives me the feeling he's here to figure things out instead of forcing things on people. It could be a strong scumplay, but the sheer volume of his posts and the tone is giving me town feels.
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:40 am

Post by Demainer »

In fact, I think rational is my strongest town lean atm.
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:50 am

Post by Demainer »

In post 192, orctin wrote:Honestly Day 1 is always a Crapshoot - and odds are against town with any day 1 vote cause it's just to easy to basically have 2 townies facing off against each other which i am starting to wonder if that's what is happening with Rational and Andante. At which case then need to think about who's really egging the two sides on - there's your scummie

I would need to read back to look that way at the last few pages, as busy at work so do it later, but i would suspect your best scum target isn't one of them, but someone on the side wanting to keep attention there.

Vote: NoVote
I don't like this post. orctin is pushing the newbie angle really hard here, "d1 always a crapshoot", "2 townies facing off against each other", there's no progression compared to his insinuation in the previous post that one of andante/rational is scum, and he doesn't even attempt to explain his change in reads. Feels pockety and fillery.
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:57 am

Post by Demainer »

Reading rathe's posts feels like saudade all over again. I want to say lean town, but this has to be null for me.
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:07 am

Post by Demainer »

In post 221, Rathe wrote:i am starting to think u r maybe town rational but i dont know rly
I'm interested in this read. Why do you think rational is town?
Demainer
Demainer
Goon
Demainer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:15 am

Post by Demainer »

ivy can try preserving her universal tr status by not posting anything just like last time, but I'm not fooled.
Clasko
Clasko
Goon
Clasko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:37 am

Post by Clasko »

In post 160, Rathe wrote:what do u have to say about it clasko
If you're asking me what I think about Andante's push on me, it felt out of the blue but ultimately the pressure leads me to believe it's pro-town.This may be her playstyle so I can't say with confidence whether it's alignment-based but I did briefly ISO-read through Andante's posts in the game that JV linked Rational to, and her analysis of people's entrances seems consistent.

@ Andante - you liked Ivy's entrance but you say in post 163 that you can't stand when people put in minimum effort - Ivy isn't putting enough in for me rn, thoughts?
Clasko
Clasko
Goon
Clasko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:38 am

Post by Clasko »

In post 269, Demainer wrote:ivy can try preserving her universal tr status by not posting anything just like last time, but I'm not fooled.
Knowing Ivy's scum game, is it really likely she repeats it, knowing we're both in the game this time around? I think anyone with a grasp of mafia wouldn't do this.
Clasko
Clasko
Goon
Clasko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:40 am

Post by Clasko »

In post 259, RationalMadman wrote:I think Orctin is town for these last two replies.
Can you elaborate on this?

From where I'm standing orctin's last two posts don't match up to your change in opinion on him, unless I'm grossly missing something.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:55 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 272, Clasko wrote:
In post 259, RationalMadman wrote:I think Orctin is town for these last two replies.
Can you elaborate on this?

From where I'm standing orctin's last two posts don't match up to your change in opinion on him, unless I'm grossly missing something.
He displays perception and thinking that would be pointless to fake as scum. He reveals that he doesn't truly scumread me and just reads me as a player who does that eegardless of alignment, then he demands I give him the same respect. That matches to his previous tone but adds a new friendly dynamic to it. Orctin as scum there had every reason to pretend I'm really bullshitting and/or remain as hostile as ever even further interrogating me for no real reason.

Also, Orctin reveals/implies that he's been reading me based on a perception that I play very unusual. That may explain why he voted me and then suddenly unvoted me where he did, since when he unvoted me he simoly got a vibe I was towny and didn't and still doesn't really know what to make of me. This completely adds up now.

I don't scum read him anymore and that is a read I am allowed to have without your approval.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:42 am

Post by Andante »

In post 270, Clasko wrote:er it's alignment-based but I did briefly ISO-read through Andante's posts in the game that JV linked Rational to, and her analysis of people's entrances seems consistent.

@ Andante - you liked Ivy's entrance but you say in post 163 that you can't stand when people put in minimum effort - Ivy isn't putting enough in for me rn, thoughts?

Fam, I said I only commented on entrances, not how everyone was after the entrance.