JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 649, catboi wrote:I don't see that ever being a play between teammates in a newbie game o(^・x・^)o
Is it not a thing? I appreciate the use of the cat.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by catboi »

Like, what's the goal supposed to be? they both just draw a bunch of unnecessary attention to themselves, even if you would say the idea was to make dum look good, it still puts orctin in a bad position for no reason, and I'd sort of expect a day 1 bus to be done in a more conventional fashion rather than something elaborate like that. 「(゚ペ)
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:58 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

I would need to V/LA until Monday. MOUNTAINOUS workload over the weekend. You guys can wait for me, yes? Yes.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:22 am

Post by catboi »

Not like much else is going on around here...
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:41 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

Mod can we have about day extension?
We lose 3 days of communication with navigatorv and Humaneatingmonkey, Dum is being replaced, and NinjaStore isn't far from being prod-able. Thus it is essentially a 3 person out of 7 person game currently.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:55 am

Post by catboi »

Typically the day gets extended if we're waiting on a replacement at deadline and one hasn't been found yet.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:14 am

Post by Cabd »

Dum is being replaced, and once the replacement has confirmed, I will set deadline to 72 hours.

Super replaces Dum effective immediately.
Last edited by Cabd on Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Super »

hey nerds >:)
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Super »

I guess I'll give a small little intro before I grab my laptop and catchup

I'm Super! notoriously known for hyper-posting and being emotional. I haven't played in like - 6 months (team mafia) and was desperate to join a game since my state has gone back into lockdown RIP.

I'm not sure how I'm going to go seeing as this game looks kinda slow and I tend to thrive in a faster paced environment- so please tell me to calm down if I post too much or start taking over the thread (lol)

nice to meet you all though :)

and hi gira!!!!
JamesTheNames
JamesTheNames
Goon
JamesTheNames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:24 am

Post by JamesTheNames »

In post 658, Super wrote:I guess I'll give a small little intro before I grab my laptop and catchup

I'm Super! notoriously known for hyper-posting and being emotional. I haven't played in like - 6 months (team mafia) and was desperate to join a game since my state has gone back into lockdown RIP.

I'm not sure how I'm going to go seeing as this game looks kinda slow and I tend to thrive in a faster paced environment- so please tell me to calm down if I post too much or start taking over the thread (lol)

nice to meet you all though :)

and hi gira!!!!
Please do spam post. We can try and be active but if you only have 2 active out of 7 it doesn't help. Admittedly 2 are on V/A
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Super »

while I'm rereading (I'm up to page 5) - I just want to say Dum Dum is adorable and kinda love him for the fake vote on Micc to see if he'd bait anyone
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Super »

also I just wanna say it's bizarre that there was such a wagon on Micc early on and IMO there was a scum pushing in that direction - also sorry James but I have no idea if you don't want me to spam or if you do want me to spam :P I'm assuming that was a typo and you don't want me spamming but let me at least kinda spam as I'm doing my catchup cos it's hard for me to hold stuff in

I have already written down a lot of notes just for the 5 pages lmao cos I probably overanalyze shit but so far orc/nav are the ones I wanna focus on most - feel weird vibes from (especially nav) BUT that being said I haven't finished reading and a lot has probably happened since then
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Super »

In post 121, navigatorv wrote:I gotta say, that play by Dum was definitely unexpected and the analysis was fairly well done. Unfortunately, I don't think taking the bait means anything; it relies on whoever it is not paying attention to the events of the thread which I don't see most of the active players doing, scum or otherwise. The rules at the beginning also said we have to state our intent to hammer on vote 5, which he didn't do. As far as I can tell, the trap did little to tell us about orctin, but did reveal a trickier side to Dum (though whether that will backfire or not remains to be seen).

There's the possibility that Micc and Dum are scum trying to protect each other, but it's just as likely that they could be town, so frustratingly enough this did little to change my mind about the current circumstances; there's just too many possibilities with little to weigh things in anyone's favor.
this post after Dum's little gambit irks me a lot, I've noticed Navigatory tends to comment on people a lot but it never goes in a direct direction of whether they town read them or scum read them (it almost feels like they are keeping their options open to suddenly be able to vote them). I don't like how Nav didn't really get a read on Dum after this - like you saw it as unexpected and well done but didn't read it as coming from a townie? (look I know I replaced Dum and know their alignment so I have a bias here but I think if I was reading that post from another player's perspective I would have townread their gambit play thingo). I just find it weird that Nav commented on this but didn't end up anywhere except that Dum is tricky and could be partnered with Micc? (lol)? it just doesn't feel like Nav was attempting to get a read on Dum here - just came to point out their is a tricky side to Dum?
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Super »

I townread humaneatingmonkeyman especially from page 6 vibes
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:30 am

Post by Super »

I really doubt Jackson and Nav are partners going into this longass convo together from page 5 - gotta agree with monkey that it's a headache to read
NinjaStore
NinjaStore
Townie
NinjaStore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by NinjaStore »

Sorry for the absence, been busy. I'll try to get caught up tonight.
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Super »

I've caught up about halfway and need to go have breakfast and then go to the optometrist - I stopped quoting a lot of things and writing notes about them cos it became very tedious and I wanna stray away from being too much of an overthinker/overanalyser, I'm gonna just post my current thoughts on people since only reading 50% of the posts - I will post my overall feelings once I've read everything

also I'm basing this all on knowing three town slots already (Micc, Fizz and Dum), also not going to lie but I have mostly null-reads because I haven't gotten enough from a lot of the players posting - orctin for example hasn't said anything meaningful IMO

leaning town the most for my thus far: HEM (monkey man) - I like his overall tone and presence in the thread. I like the way he questions people and his thought processes seem to come and go very naturally when interacting in the thread - like it feels like he actually is trying to get a read on someone and will say something out of the blue which feels towny (like his frustrations towards trying to read newbies/his confusion of why players are acting certain ways - in particular there was a moment he had with Nav where he was like "wtf are you doing? why are you acting like this?" which felt like he was genuinely trying to get a read on Nav. I have liked HEM's reads mostly thus far (except for the fact he votes Fizz and they have flipped town) - I understood his entire process of first scumreading Nav (I felt similar) to then changing his read to townread Nav (which I can see also in the later posts from Nav - my read there is a little rollercoastery).

could be town: navigatory - at first I didn't really love their entrance into the game, it felt really awkward but I think I need to remember this is a newbie game so players will come across... different. things that irked me about Nav early on were their reads feeling a bit... meh. a lot of their posts felt like they were just typing out paragraphs for the sake of it and it didn't feel like they were genuinely trying to get a read on players. for example, it was weird how Nav outed a read on Dum claiming them to be "tricky" but didn't actually really state whether they thought their actions were scummy or not - to then voting them later when Dum hadn't even posted anything and Nav said something weird like "screw it I will vote Dum now so they don't just come back and convince otherwise" - wouldn't you be wanting them to show you their true towny colours and convince you otherwise? haha - like to me this is all about trying to get them to react so it's easier to read them. I just found those few instances where it sounded like you didn't change your mind that much to be weird and scummyish I guess. anyways, later on past around page 6 Nav started getting townier - I liked their bigger reads list post (even Dum gave it a two plus towny rating, woo go Dum Dum!) ngl I did skim a lot of the larger posts cos I'm sleepy and kinda wanting to just be caught up at this point but I did read the part where Nav said they wanted to test something out with James (or Jackson? lol J names confusing) which I felt was towny. anyways I'm going to just say I think Nav *could* be town at this point but I'm worried about a few of their posts and their early game felt meh.

those are my two biggest reads so far and haven't really got anything else to say about anyone that significantly

I did think it was odd for Ninja to out a team read on Nav and Dum since Nav was pushing quite hard at the time on Dum and I understand HEM's opinion of bussing early on but I really doubt Nav as a new player would put this pressure on their partner straight after a gambit like what Dum did so I don't really see why Ninja had those reads

James and Jackson aren't partnered either based on their interactions IMO -

I will hoepfully have better reads after I finish catching up, I don't even remember everyone's name in the game yet

I'm kinda hoping catboi is town with me based on just knowing them :P so I always have a little hopeful friend bias but I will say I did read their wallpost of reads and liked what I saw and haven't really seen scum!gira ever post anything that substantial lmao but maybe they play different on mafiascum.

I WILL BE BACK AFTER MY EYE STUFF and I will actually have better things to say - but here is some of my thoughts at least

<3
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 658, Super wrote:and hi gira!!!!
Hi super~ (for anyone wondering, gira was the name I used on another site)
In post 666, Super wrote:I'm kinda hoping catboi is town with me based on just knowing them :P so I always have a little hopeful friend bias but I will say I did read their wallpost of reads and liked what I saw and haven't really seen scum!gira ever post anything that substantial lmao but maybe they play different on mafiascum.
Based on knowing me, or because you think I'm an easy pocket?

My EM scumgames were...not my best. I can write better when I'm not being buried under a mountain of hyperposting. I am town this game, though! I don't need you being paranoid of me just yet~
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Super »

In post 667, catboi wrote:
In post 658, Super wrote:and hi gira!!!!
Hi super~ (for anyone wondering, gira was the name I used on another site)
In post 666, Super wrote:I'm kinda hoping catboi is town with me based on just knowing them :P so I always have a little hopeful friend bias but I will say I did read their wallpost of reads and liked what I saw and haven't really seen scum!gira ever post anything that substantial lmao but maybe they play different on mafiascum.
Based on knowing me, or because you think I'm an easy pocket?

My EM scumgames were...not my best. I can write better when I'm not being buried under a mountain of hyperposting. I am town this game, though! I don't need you being paranoid of me just yet~
both =)

and I'm not paranoid just hopeful cos I'm cute like that. Imma finish off my rereading now
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by Super »

In post 324, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 311, Fizz Raab wrote:Ugh, being placed as scum for no reason whatsoever is pretty stupid if you ask me with no clear evidence of my posts at all. What do I see is scum is someone doing one line posts without any contribution and it seems like the only time he has made more than one line posts is when I called humaneatingmonkey on it. Let's see you do more than that dude. Obviously, I don't see Jackson scum at all with his helpful posts. I don't know if you noticed humaneatingmonkey, but I'm not good at understanding posts sometimes. It takes me a while to fully get it. I have nobody else apart from you that speaks out as scum just at this minute. I have to go through all the posts to clarify a few more posts that aren't scum posts to me.
Fizz Raab is scum. Sheep me. This is what it looks like when you're scum and you don't know how to scumhunt.
yikes monkeyman is brutal, also this looks bad in hindsight lmao
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by Super »

In post 341, JacksonVirgo wrote:Actually elim me, I wanna see James reaction.
lol okay I think Jackson is town

this added onto a lot of their other hostile posts just kinda screams like aggro town, I don't see why scum would draw so much attention in themselves like this and I don't see them making a post like this unless they have a real huge ego (I'm not sure how experienced Jackson is at all as a player but I am reading them as pretty townie)
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by Super »

In post 343, JacksonVirgo wrote:Real fuckin' sick of them. I am sick of having to deal with people like them every. single. fucking. game
again... this entire page makes me think they're town but I'm a sucker for AtE
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by Super »

In post 352, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VOTE: JacksonVirgo

"Elim me, let's see James reaction" is a perspective slip. JV has been pursuing James as scum throughout the whole thread and this proposition seems like he thinks James is "bad town". Plus, I think it's emulating navigatorv's proposition to gain some towncred.
disagree. in my experience most players who have said "elim me" have been town, there has only been like one or two cases I've seen scum do it but it hasn't been in the towniest way lmao. ALSO, I kinda resonate with Jackson here cos I do similar things even when I scumread the person tunnelling me - because by the off chance they are actually town I wanna see their reaction and make them feel bad for the tunnel, idk how sure Jackson actually believes James to be scum here... it feels like he is only saying they're scum out of spite lol
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by Super »

In post 368, JacksonVirgo wrote:I've had a small distance session from MS and this is off-topic so I'll keep this brief, and I've come to realize I'm ashamed of myself of how I've been acting on this site as of late. I'm gonna take a small break after this game, thanks for sticking with me until now fam.
yeah there is no world I see Jackson flipping scum here and they've slowly become my #1 townread - there is just no world scum would be drawing this emotional attention to themselves.

I don't love Monkey's reaction to Jackson here and their push on them, probably because I see Jackson screaming town here, whereas Monkey was feeling the opposite? SO I'm not really vibing with their train of thought on Jackson doing this as scum. I think I also have a slight bias on Jackson here because I react the same when I'm town and am scumread (I get angry/emotional and say rash things, which is what Jackson has been like)

I don't advocate this kinda playstyle, heck, I am trying to care less about being scumread myself - but I do like it when players are more emotional like this because I find them easier to read :P (I probably read into tone way too much)
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by Super »

In post 377, JamesTheNames wrote:Admittedly I should stop being really stubborn I'm not helping the game and I don't want to ruin it for Jackson any more than I have.
Jackson and Dum are my priorities, I can't not see them as a duo, at least not right now, I'm also okay with going for a Fizz Raab Elim, but I'm not confident in this.
can you go into why Jackson is your scumread again for me? what are your thoughts on his reaction to you? do you think scum would react in that way?

also why was Dum a priority read of yours? I'm Dum Dum now so you can question my lil butt off all you like 0:)

can you explain why you see Jackson and Dummy as a duo?