Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Pavowski »

I see we're still on Cyrus's messiness for some reason. Folks, there are better things to focus your mental energies on. He wants the thread full of smoke for some reason, and whether you think he's town or think he's scum, you're letting him run the game by engaging with the smoke. I will again recommend that we move on for now.

I've been driving all day, but I'll dive into some more reads this evening now that I'm back at home. (And back on a computer I can actually post properly from.)

Also @Luke, the bit about Zyla being town this time after mafia in last game was a joke, of course. RNG can never be trusted, unless you're trusting it to be untrustworthy. I keep forgetting sarcasm has been outlawed in this game :)
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:59 am

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 425, Pavowski wrote:I see we're still on Cyrus's messiness for some reason. Folks, there are better things to focus your mental energies on. He wants the thread full of smoke for some reason, and whether you think he's town or think he's scum, you're letting him run the game by engaging with the smoke. I will again recommend that we move on for now.

I've been driving all day, but I'll dive into some more reads this evening now that I'm back at home. (And back on a computer I can actually post properly from.)

Also @Luke, the bit about Zyla being town this time after mafia in last game was a joke, of course. RNG can never be trusted, unless you're trusting it to be untrustworthy. I keep forgetting sarcasm has been outlawed in this game :)

ofc smoke makes the world more fun. btw we just have to find the two most likely scum . have the doc save me. well we track the other . if its a friendly im dead either way. but have the friendly message who they think is town. if they dont reveal it then we know they are scum. if its a jail keep and they lock up who they think is scum after we lynch the 1st . we still win . if we flip town by mistake since im the nk have them lock me up no death and we still have 8.
fferyllt
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
She
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory
Pronoun: She

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-8

Tomatoes and pizza had their fateful meeting after Europeans were introduced to foods native to the Americas.

StrangeMatter
(2): Lukewarm, Pavowski
HockeyFan
(2): StrangeMatter, Zyla
Save The Dragons
(1): HockeyFan
Haschel Cedricson
(1): Save The Dragons
Zyla
(1): cyrus62

Not Voting
(2): Azeru, Haschel Cedricson

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: June 20, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2021-06-19 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

On the path to becoming yourself, you'll need to choose alignment over validation from others, peace over addictive chaos, and being misunderstood over false acceptance. --TheHolisticPsychologist
Idic
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 399, Azeru wrote:Well, let's not forget that just because he says he's town doesn't mean it's true.

Though for other reasons, I am having a hard time finding scum motivation in his play. It's anti town, but at the same time the reasons I can think of for which he'd make this play as scum are extremely risky, and even if it played out in his best case scenario, are still mostly detrimental to the scum team.
My final thoughts on Cyrus for the day.

The short version: Overall, I think I am comfortable dropping all discussion on Cyrus for the rest of the day. If there is someone out there who can counter claim him, please DO NOT COUNTER CLAIM over this nonsense. He should not be voted today, and the slot should basically resolve itself given some time.

Spoiler: The long version
I have no idea what role cyrus really has right now, because this seems like a terrible play from any point of view. So it is hard to say that this is too bad to be scum, because it is also too bad to be town.

If he really is the tracker, then this is a terrible play. The original crumb was not bad by itself, but since he kept pointing it out over and over again, he ensured that scum say with, and now scum knows where our PR is.

If he is really just a VT, trying to draw the night kill, then this is a terrible play. The original crumb was not bad by itself, but since he kept pointing it out over and over again, he ensure that the real PRs saw it, and risked a PRs counter claiming him

If he is scum, then this is a terrible play. Like it buys him today, but then we are all going to be looking at him tomorrow for his results.

I plan on playing the remainder of Day 1 pretending Cyrus is not in the lobby, because apparently interacting with him does not thing but increase the confusion.
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Forgot to do this but, this slot is too scummy for me not to talk about right now.

Vote: Pavowski

vote formatting fixed ~f
Last edited by fferyllt on Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 408, Save The Dragons wrote:not everyone veers every read. go on, not now all. get in very easily yesterday on under under pain. not everyone veers every read! go on, not now all. lose everything to yesterday on under. don't over worry now.
I think that this post is the best thing to come out of the cyrus nonsense. Do not know the last time I was rick rolled. Made me chuckle.
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

@Pavowski can you explain what you thought about post 330, with that distancing act?
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Correction, what was your thought process that came about when you made post 330?
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

In post 428, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 399, Azeru wrote:Well, let's not forget that just because he says he's town doesn't mean it's true.

Though for other reasons, I am having a hard time finding scum motivation in his play. It's anti town, but at the same time the reasons I can think of for which he'd make this play as scum are extremely risky, and even if it played out in his best case scenario, are still mostly detrimental to the scum team.
My final thoughts on Cyrus for the day.

The short version: Overall, I think I am comfortable dropping all discussion on Cyrus for the rest of the day. If there is someone out there who can counter claim him, please DO NOT COUNTER CLAIM over this nonsense. He should not be voted today, and the slot should basically resolve itself given some time.

Spoiler: The long version
I have no idea what role cyrus really has right now, because this seems like a terrible play from any point of view. So it is hard to say that this is too bad to be scum, because it is also too bad to be town.

If he really is the tracker, then this is a terrible play. The original crumb was not bad by itself, but since he kept pointing it out over and over again, he ensured that scum say with, and now scum knows where our PR is.

If he is really just a VT, trying to draw the night kill, then this is a terrible play. The original crumb was not bad by itself, but since he kept pointing it out over and over again, he ensure that the real PRs saw it, and risked a PRs counter claiming him

If he is scum, then this is a terrible play. Like it buys him today, but then we are all going to be looking at him tomorrow for his results.

I plan on playing the remainder of Day 1 pretending Cyrus is not in the lobby, because apparently interacting with him does not thing but increase the confusion.
you guys are the ones who seen the crumb and still pushed. this was my 1st time as pr . so i didnt know how to play that card.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

so no one likes anti heros any more who knew.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

VOTE: strange
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Pavowski »

StrangeMatter wrote:@Pavowski can you explain what you thought about post 330, with that distancing act?
StrangeMatter wrote:Correction, what was your thought process that came about when you made post 330?
Sure.

You RVS'd Hockey right out of the gate. Okay, random voting is a thing, cool.
In #49 you say you're actually wondering about them.
You accidentally answer a question directed at Hockeyfan (80). (I believe this was innocent.)
In #86 you ask Hockeyfan why Luke would defend you. (This is odd.)
You have a few posts about partners, then reiterate your question from #86 in #109.
In #138 you ask why Haschel is going in on Hockeyfan.
In #198 you ask Hockeyfan his opinion of the game.

Throughout all that you interact with the thread in general but seem to be *really* focused on Hockeyfan. You get a little bit bogged down with the Cyrus stuff (who hasn't), then you turn your attention on me, apparently because I pointed out your interest in Hockeyfan.

You sus him, then you defend him, then you buddy up to him. It smells fishy.

I'm on you at present because you're the fishiest thing I see in the thread so far, outside of the red herring I am trying very hard not to waste any more brain power on right now.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

@Pav, can you expain rq again why u have a slight town read on STD.

Also Strange, you dont seem to have attempted STD yet? So what are your thoughts on them?
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

have attempted to read them*
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 436, Pavowski wrote:
StrangeMatter wrote:@Pavowski can you explain what you thought about post 330, with that distancing act?
StrangeMatter wrote:Correction, what was your thought process that came about when you made post 330?
Sure.

You accidentally answer a question directed at Hockeyfan (80). (I believe this was innocent.)
You have a few posts about partners, then reiterate your question from #86 in #109.

Throughout all that you interact with the thread in general but seem to be *really* focused on Hockeyfan. You get a little bit bogged down with the Cyrus stuff (who hasn't), then you turn your attention on me, apparently because I pointed out your interest in Hockeyfan.

I'm on you at present because you're the fishiest thing I see in the thread so far, outside of the red herring I am trying very hard not to waste any more brain power on right now.
Let me clear this up really quick.

To explain post #86, his logic felt a bit weird, based off saying Luke defending me, which to me seemed like a joke post. As for post #138, it was a question that I felt could in turn gauge their intent and see if it was reasonable or not.

As for the changes in reads, that, is mostly up to reading players for me. Given enough time, I change reads based off what the person does that I see as Townie or Scummy. I can’t change if you think I am buddying, but I am not.

I’m wondering why you didn’t say this earlier right now, considering the original post said very weird.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 310, HockeyFan wrote:Pav- has moved from weak town to null/weak scum for me as of now. They do indeed have reads but they're confident not in them at all and from my expericnes, usually town is more confident in their reads.
This goes back a little bit but I'm doing ISOs and this statement just seems so weird to me. I'm still pretty new but .... you expect town to have confidence in their reads at this point?

That seems bizarre to me. Doubt is to be embraced. It forces you to keep searching.

So I'm gonna save confidence until I have anything I'm confident about.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 437, HockeyFan wrote:@Pav, can you expain rq again why u have a slight town read on STD.

Also Strange, you dont seem to have attempted STD yet? So what are your thoughts on them?
I really need them to talk more to formulate anything on them. Null. Kind of wished they pressure people from their scum reads though.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 437, HockeyFan wrote:@Pav, can you expain rq again why u have a slight town read on STD.

Sure.

Tone strikes me as genuine. Is relaxed enough to make jokes, including RickRolling us right into the ditch (lmao).

Seems to be slowplaying, but seems to be searching for ways to a) read people favorably and b) justify any sus he sees on other players.

Come to think of it, that actually seems a lot scummier than I first saw it.

Well, it wasn't much of a read in the first place. Ultimately there's not much to go on either way.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Pavowski »

In post 439, StrangeMatter wrote:
Sure.

To explain post #86, his logic felt a bit weird, based off saying Luke defending me, which to me seemed like a joke post. As for post #138, it was a question that I felt could in turn gauge their intent and see if it was reasonable or not.

As for the changes in reads, that, is mostly up to reading players for me. Given enough time, I change reads based off what the person does that I see as Townie or Scummy. I can’t change if you think I am buddying, but I am not.

I’m wondering why you didn’t say this earlier right now, considering the original post said very weird.
I mean, I was giving out a few brief reads since a few people wanted to see them. I wasn't making a big deal of it (there's something to be said for not sharing EVERYTHING you're thinking), but you did ask.

And this is me making a note that you're particularly concerned in how we all see this relationship.

Of course reads change! Mine are changing all the time. It's the how, and the when, and the why, that are interesting.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 443, Pavowski wrote:
In post 439, StrangeMatter wrote:
Sure.

I mean, I was giving out a few brief reads since a few people wanted to see them. I wasn't making a big deal of it (there's something to be said for not sharing EVERYTHING you're thinking), but you did ask.

And this is me making a note that you're particularly concerned in how we all see this relationship.

Of course reads change! Mine are changing all the time. It's the how, and the when, and the why, that are interesting.
To say I care about small things a lot is an understatement. However, I will point out as a self meta that I won’t buddy as scum, especially considering I don’t and definitely wouldn’t have the skill to pull off a buddying as a play.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:22 pm

Post by Pavowski »

Cool. You did bring it up, though.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

Luke pulled a fast one i was warned of a rb scum
Basically if I get no result I was roleblocked the way he said he will wait till d2 so I'm super suspicious of his play . Then there is zyla who knew the code. But still throw sade and the way HockeyFan keeps protecting lukewarm. So could you guy's check them out is there in one acting more towny then the rest .
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

True, but oh well.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

as for my play I find it throws scum off more. They normaly try to hide amongst town and look for a easy lynch. When I told Lukewarm I would sheep his vote on strange but if they flip town Lukewarm would look bad HockeyFan felt the need to jump in and defend him saying I was acting as if I knew who was town . However if I was scum I would have just gone with there vote and then blamed Lukewarm when and if strange flipped town
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by cyrus62 »

Omg I am hurting my own head VOTE: HockeyFan