Mini Normal 2242 | Opossum Mafia | Game Over!

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Forum rules
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:10 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i think it might be better to hunt outside the hood
aka Fenrir
HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:11 am

Post by HawaiianPizza »

i don't know what's happening in the neighbourhood, but as i'm rereading, A50 claimed the BP and zen did nothing about it? shrug
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:14 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1613, Save The Dragons wrote:both of them?

who wants to bet one of them's the BP traitor
they may only be chocolate, but please take all of my chips
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:15 am

Post by cool cookie »

3 bulletproof players in a mini normal game. seriously doubt it
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 1625, Save The Dragons wrote:i think it might be better to hunt outside the hood
I agree with this post.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:21 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1621, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1618, House wrote:Considering that revelation never came to you...
Let's take a look back:

1- Who outed the hood? I did.
2- Who claimed his BP in public? I did
3- Who accused the other of being the Traitor (after more info was available)? I DID

So.. if you're going to claim the Traitor is in the hood was the one and only conclusion I should've had right off the gate, you're still voting the wrong person.

But considering you're SCUM in my solve, I don't find you voting me strange at all. At least once I flip the Town will reconsider and "maybe" someone will decide to tackle the idea that I am correct, and IF your theory of an investigative is in the unclaimed slots is true then all the better.

The thing i find most odd about you is not only are you voting me, but you also claim to believe there might be some yet another unclaimed PR in addition to a Complex Vig (effectively half-Investigative) and a TA/Neighbor Finder (an Investigative).

So, tell me: is it a 3rd investigative you suspect there might exist, or a protective (that has no function because the VTs/Goons are immune to the Vig and we have 2 BP claims)?
interesting post. highlights all the reasons why Almost50 is more likely mafia-neighbour than Zen (a bit counter-productive). But vibes kinda genuine and sincere which gives me cause for pause.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:24 am

Post by House »

In post 1630, cool cookie wrote:interesting post.
Disagree.

He's just rehashing shit.

That's why my copypasta is a valid response to his post.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:26 am

Post by HawaiianPizza »

i'm reading that we don't even have to exterminate the traitor to win?

uh is this true?
HawaiianPizza
HawaiianPizza
Goon
HawaiianPizza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:27 am

Post by HawaiianPizza »

or am i misunderstanding
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:27 am

Post by House »

In post 1632, HawaiianPizza wrote:i'm reading that we don't even have to exterminate the traitor to win?

uh is this true?
Yes.

They still count against town's majority, however.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
TheZenMan
TheZenMan
Goon
TheZenMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:40 am

Post by TheZenMan »

Let's take a look back:

3- Who accused the other of being the Traitor (after more info was available)? I DID

So.. if you're going to claim the Traitor is in the hood was the one and only conclusion I should've had right off the gate, you're still voting the wrong person.

But considering you're SCUM in my solve, I don't find you voting me strange at all. At least once I flip the Town will reconsider and "maybe" someone will decide to tackle the idea that I am correct, and IF your theory of an investigative is in the unclaimed slots is true then all the better.

The thing i find most odd about you is not only are you voting me, but you also claim to believe there might be some yet another unclaimed PR in addition to a Complex Vig (effectively half-Investigative) and a TA/Neighbor Finder (an Investigative).

So, tell me: is it a 3rd investigative you suspect there might exist, or a protective (that has no function because the VTs/Goons are immune to the Vig and we have 2 BP claims)?
Is claiming BP in public right off the bat a plus? I'd say it's rather a negative since better to try and tank a shot. You just went straight into claiming, didn't even try to feel me out in the hood before doing that.

Right now you are scumreading me solely because of mechanics. Plus you still haven't answered why you put out a breadcrumb for scum to know I was not vanilla but actually BP. You did this when you knew that I was trying to bait a shot as BP.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:42 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1491, T3 wrote:cookie is a town mailman who gave me instructions on how to crumb to them by mail last night. My claim fits with their claim very strongly, as cookie will be my only true false positive. I crumbed my result to cookie.
ah, i see i am outted. well, it was a nice theory - in most games I think we get good mileage out of it.
In post 1522, T3 wrote:
In post 1495, Almost50 wrote:It IS TMI. T3 had just slipped real hard. Let's review the facts:

TRAITOR IS ENDGAMED IF THE MAIN TEAM IS ELIMINATED
2 players are outed as Neighbors
1 is now also outed as Mailman

A "can communicate" result is an outright guilty. WHy not claim it?
A "can't communicate" is enough evidence the target is not MAIN SCUM, so why keep it undercover?

T3 is PLAYING FOR TIME. H;s TAKING SU ALL FOR A RIDE. And if you add this to how long it took him to claim yesterday you get: T3 is OUTED SCUM.
I TARGETED JACKET AND GOT NO RESULT
I think Almost50 was kidding, but if not the answer is that you keep the results secret so scum don't know who to NK - otherwise all your clears get killed. and also, you ideally want to force scum into claims before you out the info. always good in any contest to make the opponent make a decision because they could make a mistake.

It's pretty crazy to suggest that T3 would make that claim with no plan on how to see it through. also, crucially, T3-scum probably doesn't bother faking a result there, that player could just claim a result on me knowing I'm the red herring. It doesn't mean T3 is locktown, but elimming a potentially useful investigative with a credible claim on Day 2, when we have much better options, is not too smart.

On balance, it's hard for me to believe that Almost50 would not know this, as Almost50 is an experienced player. And also hard to believe Almost50 would defend Zen originally, and only now try to turn the tables. It could even be bussing.

I think at minimum we are saying there is 1 scum in the neighbours, but given there is possible 2, we should definitely elim there right? also gives PRs another day to narrow the field of suspects, and we basically have to do it sooner or later.
In post 1527, T3 wrote:the first letter of my first 2 posts were 'nr' then after cookie posted next i realized i forgot to crumb my target and the first letter of those 4 posts were 'jack'
yeah gotta work on that crumbing mate
TheZenMan
TheZenMan
Goon
TheZenMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:43 am

Post by TheZenMan »

In post 1626, HawaiianPizza wrote:i don't know what's happening in the neighbourhood, but as i'm rereading, A50 claimed the BP and zen did nothing about it? shrug
I thought it actually made sense we both had the same role in the neighbourhood. It was just too big of a coincidence too. He started off saying he was BP, I then said I was 1-shot BP and he said he was actually also a 1-shot BP. So I believed him because I had a strong townread on him and because I actually thought of our roles being the same as a big town indicator.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:45 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1635, TheZenMan wrote:
Let's take a look back:

Is claiming BP in public right off the bat a plus? I'd say it's rather a negative since better to try and tank a shot. You just went straight into claiming, didn't even try to feel me out in the hood before doing that.

Right now you are scumreading me solely because of mechanics. Plus you still haven't answered why you put out a breadcrumb for scum to know I was not vanilla but actually BP. You did this when you knew that I was trying to bait a shot as BP.
no, claiming BP in a game with a bullet-proof traitor is never a good look, so agree claiming it first is a negative on Almost50. The problem is, you were so reckless Day 1 with no real care about who you voted for, you read as worse in a way. in an ordinary game, you are both scum and both get elimmed.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:48 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1632, HawaiianPizza wrote:i'm reading that we don't even have to exterminate the traitor to win?

uh is this true?
true, but with the neighbours likely being 1 or 2 scum - maybe not even the traitor itself - we should elim within the neighbour claims. just because they claimed BP, doesnt mean they can only be town or traitor. all we really know is, it's unlikely mechanically they are claiming truthfully.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:53 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I've seen neighbors with the same exact role as town before but that was a very long time ago
I prefer they, thanks :)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:54 am

i just want to lim georgebailey again
aka Fenrir
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:54 am

VOTE: Three idfk man
aka Fenrir
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:56 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1547, House wrote:Let's work this out...

Claims so far are:

Gated vig
TA/NF
Bulletproof Neighbor
Neighbor
Informed Townie/Mailman

That's a lot of power against a bulletproof traitor and 2 group scum, ESPECIALLY if both group scum are also PR's which leaves all of the scum vulnerable to the gated vig (at some point, at any rate).

If at least one group scum is goon for vig immunity, the power balance gets even weirder.

There's definitely shenanigans going on in claimed roles.
my guess is the gated vig is actually the traitor, and 1 of the claimed neighbours is group-scum (and the other is maybe bullet-proof)
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 1639, cool cookie wrote:

uh is this true?
true, but with the neighbours likely being 1 or 2 scum - maybe not even the traitor itself - we should elim within the neighbour claims. just because they claimed BP, doesnt mean they can only be town or traitor. all we really know is, it's unlikely mechanically they are claiming truthfully.
You think they could be both scum CCing each other? How does that make any sense? The traitor would just claim to their partner.
TheZenMan
TheZenMan
Goon
TheZenMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:58 am

Post by TheZenMan »

In post 1638, cool cookie wrote:
In post 1635, TheZenMan wrote:
Let's take a look back:

no, claiming BP in a game with a bullet-proof traitor is never a good look, so agree claiming it first is a negative on Almost50. The problem is, you were so reckless Day 1 with no real care about who you voted for, you read as worse in a way. in an ordinary game, you are both scum and both get elimmed.
Yeah, I will agree I was reckless D1 voting. I honestly should have gone after Geroge fully from the start. It was partly influenced by A50 who was by biggest town-read then and wanted to go after you D1, but also because I had an initial scumread on you. You being the mailman changes things obviously, and also I think A50 is the traitor now. Both of us being scum however is unlikely given us going after each other so hard, especially since now at least one of us is probably going to be limmed.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 1643, cool cookie wrote:

Claims so far are:

Gated vig
TA/NF
Bulletproof Neighbor
Neighbor
Informed Townie/Mailman

That's a lot of power against a bulletproof traitor and 2 group scum, ESPECIALLY if both group scum are also PR's which leaves all of the scum vulnerable to the gated vig (at some point, at any rate).

If at least one group scum is goon for vig immunity, the power balance gets even weirder.

my guess is the gated vig is actually the traitor, and 1 of the claimed neighbours is group-scum (and the other is maybe bullet-proof)
This is seriously scummy.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:00 am

Post by cool cookie »

VOTE: Almost50

we should have done redtea yesterday really, to potentially remove this traitor uncertainty from the game. also i can't believe T3 almost got elimmed - like even if you don't believe the claim fully, it's an investigative claim on Day 2, with a bunch of other less useful and more shady claims. I'd look at T3 again Day 3/4 depending on other flips and info in the meantime.
cool cookie
cool cookie
Goon
cool cookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:02 am

Post by cool cookie »

In post 1646, Jacket wrote:
In post 1643, cool cookie wrote:

Claims so far are:

Gated vig
TA/NF
Bulletproof Neighbor
Neighbor
Informed Townie/Mailman

This is seriously scummy.
i would ask you why, but i guess you won't tell from past experience. suffice to say, it's not scummy, it's legitimately what i think - if you think I'm wrong about it, feel free to share!
TheZenMan
TheZenMan
Goon
TheZenMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:04 am

Post by TheZenMan »

Honestly the more I think about it, the more sure I am that A50 is the traitor. Just look at his actions:

1. Claimed BP right off the bat without even trying to talk to me first and feel me out.
2. Claimed BP first but then changed that to 1-shot BP after I did.
3. Agreed that I should claim VT in order to bait scum NK, but then left them a breadcrumb that I might be BP.

Although this is mostly in hindsight and there was a lot of things A50 did that made me see him as town. But I wasn't ever even slightly suspicious of him until he did that 3rd scummy thing, which in my mind an experienced player like him wouldn't really make.