Slaughter Hour: The Grand Debut! | Fin

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3450 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:05 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3447, ulyana wrote:
In post 3445, Gypyx wrote:healthy reminder that sabotages aren't necessarily public and we don't know for sure that a no sabotage happened
i mean, what possible sabotage do you think has happened then?
rules change before the start of the duel

maybe even a rigging of the "RNG" barrel spin
bottom text
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3451 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:05 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

@peta dunn has moved around a bit in my reads cause i'm indecisive and haven't been good at reading him in the past, but he never got above a light townread, which for me meant still in the PoE. i was looking for reasons to townread/scumread him above others in my poe, but those were mostly tiebreakers.
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #3452 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 3450, Gypyx wrote:
In post 3445, Gypyx wrote:healthy reminder that sabotages aren't necessarily public and we don't know for sure that a no sabotage happened

granted, the second one would mean that it's still entierly possible to be S/S actually
bottom text
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3453 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:07 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 3450, Gypyx wrote:

rigging the rng barrel spin is possible explanation for behaviour if scum/scum sure

does not seem like good use of a sabotage though
j'aurai disparu
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #3454 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3441, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 3432, Gamma Emerald wrote:How much have your reads changed since this point, if at all? How would you rank the players in an exact order of towniest to scummiest rn?

{gamma}
{taly, ydrasse, ulyana}
{cakez, skitt, toog}
{peta, gooey, dwlee}
{gypyx, saber}

i guess this is it, ordered from t->s within the tiers. toog moved up from good posting in the pt, dwlee moved up after thinking about it more because i think i believe their scumread on me, unwnd i felt was being genuine in ex. his interaction with taly towards the end of the last phase, he was trying to solve even though it looked like he was gonna die.
So here's the thing: I mentioned you come off like in that True Love game because on a lark I read that one over because I was also curious if you'd ever misread town!me (and you did, in that game) and you had the scum towards the middle of your reads in that game, while consistently push the T/T pairs. You ended up getting miseliminated which took scum!creature out with you. I think things are lining up in such a way that this game has become a near perfect replication of the trajectory of that game. As such, the midzone of your reads list is honestly where I'd want to kill in the most rn. (Cakez, skitts, toog, peta) are the full list of names I sus based on this conclusion, so I'd very much like to vote out peta here. If that is unappealing to everyone else though, I'd like to try something else, though idk how the math for this would even work, where we deliberately split the votes so it's scum's choice who dies, thus allowing NKA to be done.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3455 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:09 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Scum only have 2 Sabotages though, right? And we are pretty confident they used one on Event 2. They seem like something to be used in emergency to me, as a way of equalizing the game back into scum's favor or to put town further behind.
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3456 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:09 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 3454, Gamma Emerald wrote:If that is unappealing to everyone else though, I'd like to try something else, though idk how the math for this would even work, where we deliberately split the votes so it's scum's choice who dies, thus allowing NKA to be done.
what
j'aurai disparu
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #3457 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:10 am

Post by Gypyx »

honestly if you're scum gamma i admire the boldness lol
bottom text
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3458 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:10 am

Post by ulyana »

can we just only try to eliminate mafias like i know we got one in the duel and that was entire goal and what i spent day fighting for, so let's just do that again pushing only for most likely not like, let the scum make choices for information!
j'aurai disparu
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3459 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

my lim order within that pool would be something like toog>peta>skitter>cakez (not factoring in the fact peta is forced to be first technically because I'd rather not have to kill infinity to validate my opinion)
fyi skitter has kinda sank in my reads outside of being in that pool as well
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3460 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3458, ulyana wrote:can we just only try to eliminate mafias like i know we got one in the duel and that was entire goal and what i spent day fighting for, so let's just do that again pushing only for most likely not like, let the scum make choices for information!
I am firm in my belief infinity is town. If enough people think peta is also town, I'd rather force scum to make the call as that's more informative.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3461 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:13 am

Post by petapan »

i entertained various tinfoils in the topic but it didn't feel right to go deepwolf hunting off the flip versus voting the person who looks face value bad

i think taly's stance on Dunn was a little inconsistent in places and i realized i was giving him credit for simply being able to write decent looking posts, assumed it was a style he'd have a hard time replicating as scum which is not the case. i wanted to review more comprehensively but didn't have the time. i think some of the stuff he's done has, like, ~real feeling~ attached to it rather than tactical scumplay but wouldn't necessarily clear him. looks better if infinity is scum though

ulyana is very hard to figure out and had barely any interactions with dunn but the absence of evidence isn't necessarily an indictment. i think in the end i leaned toward the aggression in questioning people being town-AI although it feels like it's been in the wrong direction so far mostly, and also by activity she blows away any of her scumgames. couldn't go there in good conscience.
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3462 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:15 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3454, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3441, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 3432, Gamma Emerald wrote:How much have your reads changed since this point, if at all? How would you rank the players in an exact order of towniest to scummiest rn?

{gamma}
{taly, ydrasse, ulyana}
{cakez, skitt, toog}
{peta, gooey, dwlee}
{gypyx, saber}

i guess this is it, ordered from t->s within the tiers. toog moved up from good posting in the pt, dwlee moved up after thinking about it more because i think i believe their scumread on me, unwnd i felt was being genuine in ex. his interaction with taly towards the end of the last phase, he was trying to solve even though it looked like he was gonna die.
So here's the thing: I mentioned you come off like in that True Love game because on a lark I read that one over because I was also curious if you'd ever misread town!me (and you did, in that game) and you had the scum towards the middle of your reads in that game, while consistently push the T/T pairs. You ended up getting miseliminated which took scum!creature out with you. I think things are lining up in such a way that this game has become a near perfect replication of the trajectory of that game. As such, the midzone of your reads list is honestly where I'd want to kill in the most rn. (Cakez, skitts, toog, peta) are the full list of names I sus based on this conclusion, so I'd very much like to vote out peta here. If that is unappealing to everyone else though, I'd like to try something else, though idk how the math for this would even work, where we deliberately split the votes so it's scum's choice who dies, thus allowing NKA to be done.
meh i don't think this is a great way of approaching it

i have just been convinced that toog is scum thought idk why i'm just getting when ulya explained it a million times in the pt...

cakez i don't think is scum, maybe he should be moved up

obviously i'm ok with limming peta though
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3463 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:16 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3451, Infinity 324 wrote:@peta dunn has moved around a bit in my reads cause i'm indecisive and haven't been good at reading him in the past, but he never got above a light townread, which for me meant still in the PoE. i was looking for reasons to townread/scumread him above others in my poe, but those were mostly tiebreakers.
i don't know why you're explaining yourself to me here
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3464 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3463, petapan wrote:
In post 3451, Infinity 324 wrote:@peta dunn has moved around a bit in my reads cause i'm indecisive and haven't been good at reading him in the past, but he never got above a light townread, which for me meant still in the PoE. i was looking for reasons to townread/scumread him above others in my poe, but those were mostly tiebreakers.
i don't know why you're explaining yourself to me here
i mean a bunch of other people had the same problems right?

if not they should say what their problems were
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3465 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Gammagooey »

helloooo pink team

so yeah I finished reading earlier today - I replaced in sunday, read all of event 1/2 with reads of Prism & Dwlee look town and skitter looked slightly scummy, then pointed out that that 'oh shit there are 3 days til deadline GET PASSIONATE MY FRIENDS', then everyone showed up between me going to sleep on sunday and noonish monday to nom Infinity with Gamma Emerald vehemently objecting.

current reads are like
probtown: dwlee, Gypxyx, Ulyana
slightly town to varying degrees: Taly, Cakez, peta, Gemerald
scummish: Infinity, Toog, Saber, Ydrasse
fight me scummo: Skitter

maybe don't put too much faith into the middle chunks yet but that's where I'm at for now
In post 3427, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3416, SirCakez wrote:Infinity has been a literal wet napkin all game
The FUCK???
I agree more with cakez than you here Gamma

SKITTER can you give me like a timeline/summary of who you were suspecting and how strongly through events 1-3? (also I might just call them days 1 and 2 later because that feels correct to me)

also there is zero chance I can keep up with this hyperposting
I'm gonna try to finish up a bit of work for an hour and change and I'll be back in like 2 hours or so
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3466 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:21 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 3462, Infinity 324 wrote:meh i don't think this is a great way of approaching it

i have just been convinced that toog is scum thought idk why i'm just getting when ulya explained it a million times in the pt...

What do you make of me trying to get our chat to consolidate on peta, and even putting peta in the lead? Was I bussing?

Scum's game plan was to put their most anti-town partner through the game and kill and bus them?
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3467 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:21 am

Post by ulyana »

In post 3461, petapan wrote:i leaned toward the aggression in questioning people being town-AI although it feels like it's been in the wrong direction so far mostly
if you think is in wrong direction you can say 'slow down for a minute, what you're doing right now does not make sense to me and here is why' because like, there are obviously a lot of things i might not be thinking of and when people are just like, 'she's doing wrong things' and do not explain to me why it's wrong it feels like just trying to make people feel a way about me instead of help me to get on track because... i can be useful! and since you're somewhat unfamiliar with me (having only played marathon games together unless i am misremembering) and think i am very far off so far in this game maybe you do not find it likely that i could be useful, but!! i have been before
j'aurai disparu
ulyana
ulyana
Goon
ulyana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3468 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:22 am

Post by ulyana »

even though lots of times it does not feel that way in moments to me either so i get it
j'aurai disparu
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3469 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i wish i was townread :c
warrior cats mafia is now in a queue near you!
- - - -
kill me and live with the memory — then tell the stars that you
won
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3470 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:25 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3466, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 3462, Infinity 324 wrote:meh i don't think this is a great way of approaching it

What do you make of me trying to get our chat to consolidate on peta, and even putting peta in the lead? Was I bussing?

Scum's game plan was to put their most anti-town partner through the game and kill and bus them?
i mean, peta could easily be town here

also, i assume scum did not plan for any of their members to go into the duel
GTKAS

<3 you are valid
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3471 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Toogeloo »

If I'm scum, Dunn shoots me with bullet 1 and gets instant town cred, something he doesn't get if he shoots me with bullet 1 and ainam town.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3472 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:28 am

Post by Ydrasse »

can someone lay out why peta is scum ?

i had gut pings but they felt unfair soooo
warrior cats mafia is now in a queue near you!
- - - -
kill me and live with the memory — then tell the stars that you
won
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3473 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:28 am

Post by petapan »

In post 3467, ulyana wrote:
In post 3461, petapan wrote:i leaned toward the aggression in questioning people being town-AI although it feels like it's been in the wrong direction so far mostly
if you think is in wrong direction you can say 'slow down for a minute, what you're doing right now does not make sense to me and here is why' because like, there are obviously a lot of things i might not be thinking of and when people are just like, 'she's doing wrong things' and do not explain to me why it's wrong it feels like just trying to make people feel a way about me instead of help me to get on track because... i can be useful! and since you're somewhat unfamiliar with me (having only played marathon games together unless i am misremembering) and think i am very far off so far in this game maybe you do not find it likely that i could be useful, but!! i have been before
this was all in hindsight reading for me, the bit in where you were suspicious of what unwnd/gamma/toog were doing, and as of right now i'm convinced the first two are town. toog tbd i guess

that's not damning in and of itself because townies are often wrong and i've been pushing people i think are likely town now, that's part of the game

it's just something i noted because i don't think you've had any stance that i'd call clearing

but we will see how things go as the game progresses
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #3474 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:30 am

Post by petapan »

so yeah i'm not trying to imply you're useless or whatever
free crypto