Anything uPick (Endgame)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 2220, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 2200, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: grandpmamo
his response to my frustration really just sucks, it feels like he’s trying to call my feelings fake which is both scummy and kinda shitty personally
I get wrongly accused of that all the time and yeah it definitely sucks but I don’t see why that makes him scum?
+1
Analysing the genuineness of feelings is not scummy and it's kind of inevitable in a game involving lying and faking content and AtE etc etc
Though I understand it sucks
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

Spoiler:
In post 2219, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 2213, Cheeky Wings wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 2194, Deimos27 wrote:
In post 2188, Datisi wrote:
In post 2184, Deimos27 wrote:I don't think you can ISO me and say with intellectual honesty that my play has been characterised by handwaving everyone's content except two early tells from you + Gamma.
good thing that's not what i'm saying. your play has been characterized by handwaving all of the content i and gamma have produced that happened after your pings. as in, it feels like you're not taking anything else we're saying into consideration. i wasn't saying that about literally everyone's content.
Ok well then I doubly don't understand how you can consistently say that you think it's fine for me not to focus on you two.
I guess you're saying I need to focus a little more than I have so far but I don't need to focus much more?

Lest people forget I'm gonna remind everyone of all the other reasons I cited for my reads on Gamma and Dat:

1. Gamma's Datisi read
2. Datisi's Ydra read
3. Gamma talking about a "good townblock forming"
4. Gamma's

No one asked for elaboration on these they went straight to an "omg you're actually still using those
old
tells how bad is that" type mentality.
Guess what, I think those tells are important, so I'm gonna continue to cite them.

Do you think I'm being disingenuous when I say that I think my tells on you are good enough to focus on sorting other players? Because that's what matters. Disagreeing with my scumhunting philosophy of focusing on players from whom I've not gotten a tell I consider reliable is one thing, thinking I'm scum faking the belief that you and Gamma fall into this category is another.
I understand why you think this but even if Gamma’s scum here, which I think is possible, Gamma’s pushing Dats here reads more to me like a possible tmi on Ydra if anything and I’m not even sure on that but why hypothetically would Gamma!scum going down redact their sr on Dats if he’s a buddy?

I know that’s the conclusion I initially jumped too but I think based off of meta, if Gamma’s scum here, this reads more like a push on town!Dats than SvS to me.

I think if Gamma’s actually scum with Dats, he’d scumread him for something that actually sounds scummy, not “he’s threatened by Ydra townreads”. Iow, scum!Gamma pushing a buddy would find something clearly scum indicative about their buddy. So if Gamma’s scum, then I think it’s SvT because this isn’t the way scum!Gamma pushes a buddy. If scum (and I’m still on the fence about that), this is the way he pushes town. So I think Gamma/Dats are unaligned.
I didn't mean to argue that they're teamed. I was hoping they'd be but I wasn't really expecting to be right about both.

In my experience scum's information advantage can make them see all sorts of ghost scumreads on their buddies that to the rest of town don't look "clearly scum indicative" but to the scum looks so clearly scum indicative that they feel strongly inclined to bus for it. Whether Gamma is the kind of player who'd make that kind of novice mistake is another matter, and the answer I guess is probably not, so in that sense I agree. And yeah instead of redacting his sr of Dat on death's row I do suspect he would've doubled down or at least kept things as they were for distancing if they were buddies.

So all in all I guess I see this as a good bit of reasoning? And even if I wasn't really expecting to be correct about both of them the fact that I'm likely to be wrong about at least one does now make me doubt my competence on the other a little more.

There’s also the fact that both Dats and I got fooled by scum!Ydra in a past game but I think Ydra is really obvtown here and Dats probably just isn’t very good at reading her. I also think that probably wouldn’t have happened to me in a more traditional game, so I chalk Dats’ Ydra sr to understandable paranoia which I obviously very much disagree with.
Succulent hydra of CheekyTeeky and Nancy Drew 39
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

his response to my frustration really just sucks, it feels like he’s trying to call my feelings fake which is both scummy and kinda shitty personally
I get wrongly accused of that all the time and yeah it definitely sucks but I don’t see why that makes him scum?
I brought up how he faced me bearing down on him as town before and I think he’s incentivized to call my feelings into question early so if I do push him with that same bulldozer-level force he can have an established reason why I shouldn’t be listened to on him
Also, his way of saying it bothers me, it’s like, “why are you so mad, there’s nothing to be mad about, you’re crazy dude”
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 2223, Taly wrote:
Nancy
, what is your readrate on
Pooky
?
Pretty good and if Gamma flips scum, GLB is locktown. I think Pooky’s posting has been really townie and he should probably muzzle Fire who keeps making me paranoid.
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 2224, Deimos27 wrote:I was kinda leaning town on GrandpaMo tbh
And I'm not really understanding what the case against them is exactly
Me + Cheeky=Yume + House in FFIV. :lol:
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Taly »

Clem/T3/Jjh/Galron/Victorine/Datisi/Ircher
- talk to me.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Victorine
Victorine
Townie
Victorine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by Victorine »

In post 2230, Taly wrote:
- talk to me.
Sure. *talks to you in gibberish*
Show
My darling is wonderful in their simplicity

-

Alt of somebody
Cheeky Wings
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Cheeky Wings
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Cheeky Wings »

In post 2227, Gamma Emerald wrote:
I brought up how he faced me bearing down on him as town before and I think he’s incentivized to call my feelings into question early so if I do push him with that same bulldozer-level force he can have an established reason why I shouldn’t be listened to on him
Also, his way of saying it bothers me, it’s like, “why are you so mad, there’s nothing to be mad about, you’re crazy dude”
Alright but why did he rebuke me for what he thought was a bad reason to push you then, only to then do a doubletake and he’s not even pushing you and if you did actually claim to have faked your emotions in a past game with him as scum, why isn’t that reaction from him valid?

Maybe you’re town? I very much dislike the reasoning for your pushes but I get from this that your emotional reactions are genuine here.

However, I don’t understand his trajectory on you coming from a scum perspective. It reads like he’s genuinely trying to sort you.

Again, if saying silly things was scum indicative, I’d 100% be voting rat. Saying “dumb” or “insensitive” things isn’t scum indicative.

But mostly we’re talking about Mo here, who’s posting has often been the epitome of scummy town and I don’t even find him particularly scummy in this game.
T3
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
T3
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by T3 »

- talk to me.
why
Large Normal 241 is currently in play. PM me if you want to spectate or replace in!

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/37202 is in signups.
Good Luck Buddy
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Good Luck Buddy »

fire is back to play.
sorry yall my boss just last minute reassigned me to do tasks that ive been busy with all day. its alot of reading contracts. Boy do i love me some contracts
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 2231, Victorine wrote:
- talk to me.
Sure. *talks to you in gibberish*
In post 2233, T3 wrote:
- talk to me.
why
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: If you are reading this, then why did you read it in the first place?

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 2214, Deimos27 wrote:This reasoning on the other hand I don't get at all
its like how they contradict their own thought process. i was trying my best to explain it all without missing the context.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Taly »

Oops submitted post too early

Well T3, I'd rather not piss away D1 feeling detached from a game that is probably very winnable all things considered
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 2217, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 2198, Cheeky Wings wrote:
In post 1753, GrandpaMo wrote:hey guys... funny thing is i never got a game start pm so i never knew the game started lol
In post 1756, GrandpaMo wrote:there is a lot of aggressive ppl on this thread LOL

this is probably due to the nature of the roles everyone has
Yeah this can go. I caught my first obv scum.
~C
Mo is a slot that gets miselimed alot. I was lock convinced he was scum in two games I played with him. I want to see more before I rush to judgment on him.

Also, he’s the first one to claim delayed role pm, so that looks better than anyone claiming it later.
You also have a very similar thought process as mine.

You showed this earlier -- and i townpinged you for it believe. unless it was cheeky to say that
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

that was my same thinking as well --

im like it's so out of the blue. they went on like 5 different wagons -- and just sees me for pushing them? when i was in fact defending them earlier?

it doesn't make sense to me.

and supposedly im making them mad lol
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I only claimed to have exaggerated my existing emotions in my previous game with him (and I was town which makes it a bit more spicy that I did that because typically exaggerating my feelings is how I play as scum)
And I feel like whilst I’ve miscategorized my feelings this game a bit I haven’t embellished them at all, so he shouldn’t be acting like this is a repeat offense of what I did before
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Good Luck Buddy
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:09 pm

In post 2099, Deimos27 wrote:I tr them behaviourally apart from the potential scumslip and I consider Fire at least, when town, to be a great asset.
i wanted to respond to this last night but i appreciate the sentiment and i do try sometimes i am nothing more but ur humble shit poster with an occasional insight.

just here to have fun and maybe catch me some scums. mostly here for the fun thats why i got pooky with me.
he is actually more here to troll me than u lot, look how he got u all to townread us. That is so annoying my objective was scumreads day one

if anyone is asset this game its gonna be u and jjh. I trust u 2 insights more than mine when it comes to analysis
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 2227, Gamma Emerald wrote:
i never said this?? aye yo what?>??

what game u playing xD

PLS QUOTE!
Good Luck Buddy
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:10 pm

grandpamo do i know u and if so why haven't u said hi
Victorine
Victorine
Townie
Victorine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by Victorine »

*Is a drummer* Ixnay upay renway
Show
My darling is wonderful in their simplicity

-

Alt of somebody
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by Taly »

*jumps on
Pooky's
back*
Good Luck Buddy
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:12 pm

In post 2218, Taly wrote:Legit asking people to carry me atm
i can carry u to the bank
Good Luck Buddy
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Good Luck Buddy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:13 pm

In post 2245, Taly wrote:*jumps on
Pooky's
back*
THIS IS FIRE SPEAKING HOW DARE U GO TO POOKY
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 2243, Good Luck Buddy wrote:grandpamo do i know u and if so why haven't u said hi
oh ur a hydra kek

i only know pooky then lol

hi pooky!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

also @titus this reminds me, a perfect game to could have been hydra :/