Slaughter Hour: The Grand Debut! | Fin

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6550 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:47 am

Post by petapan »

In post 6546, Taly wrote:Why? You're not quite explaining your thought process here.

And what do you make of his view of HQ? Because that wasn't an interaction I read under the lens of this game, but on a personal level.
i left out his reaction to the AtE stuff

but what i note is that while he chastises me and gooey for being insensitive he stops short of calling HQ town

and then when TA comes in he kind of gives her the cold shoulder and is okay with her dying

it feels less genuine than, say, ydra, who i do actually believe got bowled by that AtE
free crypto
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6551 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:49 am

Post by Taly »

In post 6550, petapan wrote:
In post 6546, Taly wrote:Why? You're not quite explaining your thought process here.

And what do you make of his view of HQ? Because that wasn't an interaction I read under the lens of this game, but on a personal level.
i left out his reaction to the AtE stuff

but what i note is that while he chastises me and gooey for being insensitive he stops short of calling HQ town

and then when TA comes in he kind of gives her the cold shoulder and is okay with her dying

it feels less genuine than, say, ydra, who i do actually believe got bowled by that AtE
I think Gamma chastising you and Ggy without calling HQ town is exactly him being affected by the AtE.

Gamma knows HQ. I didn't register Gamma trying to argue in her favor on a game perspective. Gamma even tilted at me for sympathizing with you.

Do you think a partner is going to engage with such a whirlwind of emotion? Or would it be easier to just keep everything cooled by only focusing on the points that are game specific?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #6552 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m able to kinda parse my personal feelings from gameplay though
And I did have like a spark of thought that TA could be town but nothing came blazing from it, if that metaphor makes sense
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6553 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Taly »

Gamma *cries*

Why didn't I just self vote and strong-arm for ruler position?
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6554 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Taly »

(Also I'm never actually crying, I'm in a good mental state :3)
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6555 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Taly »

Ydrasse- help me
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6556 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

A thought just sparked that history repeated itself from event 4
Gammagooey
, why was I your initial pick for Ruler? I think I got the control I was asking for in the prior events, at least.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #6557 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:48 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Gamma Emerald wrote:A thought just sparked that history repeated itself from event 4
Gammagooey
, why was I your initial pick for Ruler? I think I got the control I was asking for in the prior events, at least.
You were/are most likely town aside from myself, and I'm not a fan of self-voting as a first option on things like that given that it gives no info to other people and tends to lead to "well now that everyone's self-voted and has been useless for a few hours, let's move onto the actual voting phase"

And I feel like I've said things similar to this several times already, but I don't think your behavior around infinity in particular comes from scum. ESPECIALLY the part where you advocated for scum choosing who between peta+infinity would die instead of actual voting on it ourselves - it just came across as very, very genuine town paranoia+irritation+suspicion of general fuckery when you pushed so hard to try to avoid infinity getting yeeted and it looking like that's what was going to happen anyway.

--------------

Also, I think defenses tend to be...pretty useless and uninformative for reading people for the most part, so unless someone wants a specific response/answer for something I did/thought/etc I'm prob going to just ignore most people's suspicions on me for the duration of this event and let ya'll talk about me among yourselves and just chime in about other people. The one thing I do want to say is that skitter carrying her game in Team Mafia 2020 was the biggest reason why my team there didn't go 4/4 with all town members. If I came into this game as scum to most of the game townreading skitter despite her not doing much to earn those townreads, I'm pretty sure I roll with that and try to power through the game with her instead of going on a crusade against her for my entire time in the game. And also for Blue PT gang Saber's first post to me on replacing in, reading the first 25ish pages, and voting skitter being (this is a rephrased version->"What are your thoughts on me, do they match unwnds? Also skitter seems town for X & Y") would be very weird.
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6558 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:57 am

Post by petapan »

i just realized i forgot to eat lunch because of this game
free crypto
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #6559 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:01 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 6558, petapan wrote:i just realized i forgot to eat lunch because of this game
you fool

we'll still be here to argue about things tomorrow
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6560 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:01 am

Post by petapan »

In post 6557, Gammagooey wrote:You were/are most likely town aside from myself
excuse me, sir
free crypto
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6561 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Taly »

petapan wrote:
excuse me, sir
I AM WHEEZING LMFAO
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6562 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:06 am

Post by petapan »

In post 6551, Taly wrote:I think Gamma chastising you and Ggy without calling HQ town is exactly him being affected by the AtE.

Gamma knows HQ. I didn't register Gamma trying to argue in her favor on a game perspective. Gamma even tilted at me for sympathizing with you.

Do you think a partner is going to engage with such a whirlwind of emotion? Or would it be easier to just keep everything cooled by only focusing on the points that are game specific?
i think they probably have to say
something

my thing is - if you look at those posts in reaction to it, what is gamma's actual read on that slot? is he evaluating that stuff?
free crypto
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6563 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I know I shouldn’t rlly say this but there was one post HQ made that felt like a blind punch that ended up hitting me and if we were scum partners does she throw that blow?

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #6564 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 6560, petapan wrote:
excuse me, sir
nyeh heh heh

but also in addition to Gemerald's response to Infinity being wagoned. Does skitter take up the vast majority of page 50 single-handedly derailing a Dunn wagon that Gemerald started if they're both scum together? https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... #p13038098

Does Gemerald continue to try to set up a Dunn wagon as his alternative right before he gets nommed for the Throne of Execution? Does Gemerald waffle on skitter for a bit, leave her as a townread midgame, but ultimately decide to leave Firebringer when he could have brought him through instead of Cakez?

If you think so I'm genuinely interested in your reasons for those in particular
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6565 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:15 am

Post by petapan »

In post 6563, Gamma Emerald wrote:I know I shouldn’t rlly say this but there was one post HQ made that felt like a blind punch that ended up hitting me and if we were scum partners does she throw that blow?
for kind of obvious reasons i haven't looked at harley's ISO yet
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6566 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:16 am

Post by petapan »

In post 6564, Gammagooey wrote:but also in addition to Gemerald's response to Infinity being wagoned. Does skitter take up the vast majority of page 50 single-handedly derailing a Dunn wagon that Gemerald started if they're both scum together? viewtopic.php?p=13038098#p13038098
yes, actually

i would bet on it, in fact
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6567 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:17 am

Post by petapan »

looking back at harley's ISO reminded me of some things

i thought she was trying to meme me into scumreading Ydrasse by defending her so hard

i also...don't think the gemerald interactions there are clearing
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6568 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:20 am

Post by petapan »

i think the hard ydrasse defense from harley while attacking skitter is like, classic antispew lmao
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6569 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:25 am

Post by petapan »

In post 6564, Gammagooey wrote:Does Gemerald continue to try to set up a Dunn wagon as his alternative right before he gets nommed for the Throne of Execution? Does Gemerald waffle on skitter for a bit, leave her as a townread midgame, but ultimately decide to leave Firebringer when he could have brought him through instead of Cakez?
for the answer to question 1 please refer to the things prism said about gamma emerald scum meta

for the answer to question 2, given that you and i were calling for spilling the blood of skitter/firebringer consistently the entire time, my feeling is scum would want to try to backdoor firebringer across if they could but wouldn't fight to save, kind of a classic go with the flow gamestate type of thing

in fact what bothers me mainly is thathe just ind of rested skitter as a townread for a while on not much and kept wanting her to cross and his main citation was piggybacking my reasoning, an scum love to sheep incorrect reads townies have on their partners, keeps them from having to invent their own reasons
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6570 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:38 am

Post by petapan »

as for the audacity of skitter, i will refer you to a game:

Deja Vu: Perpetual MELO IV

this is a game where a significant number of town players had 4/5 scum in the POE on day 1. only skitter (as part of the venus fly trap hydra) was a deepwolf

and because of the nature of that setup, a scum elim on day 1 could easily have led to a town sweep via chain eliminations

and skitter basically singlehandedly put the game on her back by aggressively pushing wagons on town over sum elims. the one bus was on day 3, on momrangal, essentially because she was too afk to hammer and because she wanted to save a different teammate for a wagon

it was super audacious and one of the best scumgames i've seen. if your assumption is skitter wouldn't risk herself trying to save a teammate, it is an incorrect one

that game also technically can function as scum meta for me, but it is probably not a very good one to use because 1. i was subbing in 2. the slot i was taking was already locksummed by some people because lolbeeboydoesn'tpostasscum. So almost right away my goal was just to reverse psychology people and confuse associatives, doing things like white knighting the wagon on nacho-town, voting my teammate momrangal but not pushing hard enough for her wagon to actually go through, getting into an argument with skitter

that is a useful thing to think about though because i am sure harley and TA knew the slot they were getting in was heavily suspected and were acting with the intention largely of confusing people's reads
free crypto
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6571 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:44 am

Post by Ydrasse »

yet againnr eminding i carried that game

(ill post real stuff later not feeling great so, tonight/tomorrow)
warrior cats mafia is now in a queue near you!
- - - -
kill me and live with the memory — then tell the stars that you
won
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6572 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:44 am

Post by petapan »

i had this post saved from a while ago but am only posting it now

i think there are two types of players who would bus skitter in the situation gammagooey came into:

1. someone who kind of sucks at scum and can't handle TMI at all and always feels the need to distance from their partners
2. someone who is supremely confident in their own skill and believe they can hard carry in a nightless game and that having their teammates around will be a hassle regardless of their skill

i do not believe gammagooey is either of those people

i also think saber's response to him is not a likely partner one
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6573 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:48 am

Post by petapan »

In post 6571, Ydrasse wrote:yet againnr eminding i carried that game

(ill post real stuff later not feeling great so, tonight/tomorrow)
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Don Corelone
petapan
Don Corelone
Don Corelone

Post Post #6574 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by petapan »

re-looking at saber's response to gammagooey:

what are your thoughts on me, skitter seemed like a contestant because pushing out unfiltered thoughts, apparently had decent interactions with dunnstral but didn't check. like i said this is a straight defense

gammagooey says in response to that he doesn't like saber's posts up to page 25 but it might be playstyle things that annoy him

i dunno. i think that interaction in and of itself doesn't tell me much
free crypto