CONTROL - GAME OVER!

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Roden
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1599, TheWayItEnds wrote:mmmm but like then they wouldnt have made the post
Who wouldn't have made which post?
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by The Three Bears »

In post 1596, TheWayItEnds wrote:okay but the basis is weird so
Honestly I'm just weird. you get used to me.
In post 1597, Save The Dragons wrote:i already explained the post from page 3 was to signal that me (and MUSH, too) were interested in Ircher before LLD was. maybe she gave it momentum (i don't really remember if she did or not) but she certainly didn't start it, which is the point i'm arguing against. clout doesn't matter. surely you can agree with that?
Looks like RVS, not genuine interest. You claimed a reason that was slightly better than random, but never elaborated. As far as I'm concerned, it's RVS potentially aiming at an RVS breaker, honestly I see that post itself in it's context town.

Your reason was never shared, you just kept trying to push the wagon. There is no reason given for your early game wagoneering at all that I've been able to see.

And now its being used as an ace up your sleeve and looks scummy af to me.
That's the point I'm making, you may have been the first vote, and the first one to shout "waaaagon!" - but you're not the one fuelling the engines. Your "interest" cannot be determined to be town or scum. LLD's interest looks town.

Your angles and word choice here have been bad. You feel artificial, I can't explain it more than emotional depth/energy which is the wrong term for it but it's all I got.

-Pinkie the Heart bear
a beary good hydra \o/
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

it's clearly not random because i said so
aka Fenrir
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:27 pm

Looks like an RVS breaker, which can still be random.

-P
a beary good hydra \o/
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:31 pm

what's noraa's case on me
aka Fenrir
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:32 pm

tell meeeeeee
aka Fenrir
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:43 pm

Dunno, you'd have to ask them.

-Pinkie
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:52 pm

ok just got home. i have a huge to-do list today because i dont have much hw so i need to get everything else that i need to get done done TONIGHT. but i'll be back later, read up and explain reads from yesterday.

-babbbbie bear
a beary good hydra \o/
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by Tet »

I'd prefer the elim to be the Meg slot but the longer we go without ircher fighting the push on him the less willing I am to go against the grain here.

I won't be on the wagon though regardless.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

The shitfights in my absence don’t make me feel better…
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Tet »

Also if STD is town then all of Nora/LLD/Andante probably town with them.

The alternative is that LLD is masterminding the scumteam coordination against StD but that comes with two asterisks.

*It would be super weird to see std getting a bunch of townreads and then decide to attack std directly instead of engaging with the slots townreading std

And

*Having very very limited exposure to LLD scum they seem more of a do their own thing player to reach a scum favored endgoal over trying to coordinate a scum mask towards specific actions.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’m mot going to claim that every 1v1 slot in prolonged argument are TvT. But it’s tempting.
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by Tet »

In post 1593, TheWayItEnds wrote:this pinkie push is kinda weird though

the ircher defense of ceph is weird

i like val so far actually

LLD null
Ircher defending Ceph or vice versa?

Also I don't recall either one.
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Tet »

I did it for you norwee.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Did what?
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:03 pm

In post 1610, Tet wrote:Also if STD is town then all of Nora/LLD/Andante probably town with them.

The alternative is that LLD is masterminding the scumteam coordination against StD but that comes with two asterisks.

*It would be super weird to see std getting a bunch of townreads and then decide to attack std directly instead of engaging with the slots townreading std

And

*Having very very limited exposure to LLD scum they seem more of a do their own thing player to reach a scum favored endgoal over trying to coordinate a scum mask towards specific actions.
LLD doesn't function like a typical mastermind. She's a master at reading people and knowing what they need and how they react. She uses this to win a game and has no qualms about doing so as either alignment. I respect her for it, but it does make her harder to read.

If she's scum, she has no problem savagely bussing if necessary. If she's town, she'll savagely go after her scumreads. If she's less aggressive, I worry she's laying the charm on thick. I still have some concerns because I don't really see an aggressive agenda but the recent posting is a bit better.

I have no doubt she could coordinate some scum actions, but she's not a parental style figure to her scumteams. She's the savage socratic method of mafia, as either alignment.

This posting refers to the LLD I play with the most. The LLD that posts with just Xs and checkmarks is a different LLD entirely.

Catching up with the rest now.

~Mama
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:07 pm

In post 1581, Save The Dragons wrote:it felt like nitpicking to me sorry if im wrong
Meh, I'll talk to my partners about this but this doesn't really change my opinion much. Still mostly leaning town on you. In fact if Ircher's town, I'd put you at 90%+ of being town, which most would consider locktown. I'd have minor tonal stuff I might revisit later but strategically you'd be town.

~Mama
a beary good hydra \o/
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:08 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1615, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 1610, Tet wrote:Also if STD is town then all of Nora/LLD/Andante probably town with them.

And

LLD doesn't function like a typical mastermind. She's a master at reading people and knowing what they need and how they react. She uses this to win a game and has no qualms about doing so as either alignment. I respect her for it, but it does make her harder to read.

If she's scum, she has no problem savagely bussing if necessary. If she's town, she'll savagely go after her scumreads. If she's less aggressive, I worry she's laying the charm on thick. I still have some concerns because I don't really see an aggressive agenda but the recent posting is a bit better.

I have no doubt she could coordinate some scum actions, but she's not a parental style figure to her scumteams. She's the savage socratic method of mafia, as either alignment.

This posting refers to the LLD I play with the most. The LLD that posts with just Xs and checkmarks is a different LLD entirely.

Catching up with the rest now.

~Mama
There are more than 2 of us in here who play mafia, I admit, but yes Rhea's game is very different when playing alone.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

11 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you, click here.
If you wish to speak to one of us, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra and Airna.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:09 pm

In post 1590, TheWayItEnds wrote:ceph doesnt look like my 6 years out of date scum meta for him, does that help

neither does titus
Six year old data should not be used. Anything before September 2nd, 2019 shouldn't be used, unless you also find it after that date. I know you said I looked town, but if you townread me for the wrong reasons, the rest of your reads could fuck up.

~Mama
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:12 pm

In post 1617, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:There are more than 2 of us in here who play mafia, I admit, but yes Rhea's game is very different when playing alone.
I'll admit that I struggle to remember who is whom. If I get it wrong, I trust you'd correct me. However, I generally read you based on the version of you that I deal with most frequently unless I know otherwise.

~Mama
a beary good hydra \o/
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:13 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

hence the caveat
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:16 pm

In post 1598, Roden wrote:I feel really confident saying Bears vs STD is TvT. STD defending post 50 isn't alignment indicative, but I see the motivation behind it as town stubbornness. And the Bears have been very townie basically all game, but WRT to the recent argument with STD I think Fae's aggression and logic comes from a town mindset and not scum looking for a "gotcha".
I sorta feel like this but not completely. It's not totally NAI. StD wanting credit suggests he believes Ircher is flipping scum. Arguing for credit for a miselimination isn't something scum generally do (and StD would know that Ircher was town). So if Ircher's town, it logically follows that StD is town. Aside from that, it's NAI.

~Mama
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:19 pm

In post 1608, Tet wrote:I'd prefer the elim to be the Meg slot but the longer we go without ircher fighting the push on him the less willing I am to go against the grain here.

I won't be on the wagon though regardless.
The first part I get and I'm partially inclined to agree with. Arcade is lock scum, but I may not be getting it for thread health.

The last part makes no sense though. If you're less willing to go against the grain, then it logically follows that you would be more willing to get on the Ircher wagon.

~Mama
a beary good hydra \o/
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:34 pm

Post by Bell »

Long day.
I'd like more votes on Grendal.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:34 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

I’m done for the night with my date, but I have about an hour till I get home. I am putting this here as a note to self to reread from 61 and rip this shit apart when I get back because several hard townreads have dropped drastically in my estimation — I just don’t remember which ones, given I seem to keep getting dust in my eyes (in the good way, it was a really good night).

Also, I’ll make Shrike post something too.