MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:13 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

To add to the above, that's not to say Nero can't end up being mafia further down the line if VP does end up being town. But the idea of Nero/Wu together never worked. In fact Nero being mafia who pushed an easy town slot to potentially get rid of but being reluctant to go ahead with it (with solid reasoning for doing so early on) would arguably make more sense than them being teammates. Unless you're actually mafia yourself and know that's not the case.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I see no reason why today shouldn't end in the death of 1 of VP, Eyes, Skitter or April.

VOTE: VP

I mean he's prob scum anyways but he's already claimed so low risk, high reward
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:18 am

Post by DeasVail »

okay I'm good now

I know we should probably vote fua but that feels boring and fua is the most confusing slot to me, so in the interest of avoiding cognitive conflict...

VOTE: tenebrousluminary

Tenebro's approach to the game is one that is very mindful of what other people are doing and thinking, and they seem to be trying very hard to blend in, which is not town-motivated, only scum-motivated.

Some examples from towards the end of Day 1:

- indicates the redevelopment of suspicion on Wu, at a time when Wu is the top wagon.

But then we get to...

, which occurs after momentum is shifting away from Wu towards others such as Ari. Tenebro clearly feels the need to post
something
, but the post itself imo does not indicate town. If they think Wu is scum, they could vote Wu or comment on how they don't like movement away from that wagon. Or talk about what they think of Ari or which other option they would much rather vote instead.
I could maybe be wrong about this if Tenebro is just not at all confident in expressing reads...

BUT then later we get where tenebro confidently declares that fua is scum, which is very much at odds with their previous low-confidence posting. This also only occurs after fua has started receiving pressure from others (e.g. fireisred, Ari).

Posts like do nothing more than piggyback off the town consensus that MathBlade's logic is bad (and similarly in , but later Tenebro criticises Yeet for questioning MathBlade's actions (), when Yeet is the one receiving negative attention.

Tenebro's play reads as someone thinking very carefully about where the town is moving and what will be a socially accepted position/line of attack and questioning. It reads far less like someone from an uninformed position processing the game and generating their own thoughts/reads.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why should we vote Fua?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:20 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2448, MalcolmTucker wrote:I was heavily critical of them in turn one but tenebros is coming across as more town for me as the game goes on. Post struck me as a genuine bit of townie frustration. Much as plenty of players got annoyed at MathBlade after their entry into the game, this didn't particularly feel like the type of post a mafia team member would make toward pretty much the first fully confirmed town player of the game.

I think some players have since used the heavy post-load and the fast-moving pace of the game to disguise actually giving reads or to also appear like frustrated townies (primarily Scorpious), but tenebros felt kinda genuine to me with this, was a bit of a gut-feeling at the time but a few of their posts since have felt more town too.
Seems we are moving in opposite directions.

I would challenge the point re: MathBlade, as I think criticising MathBlade would seem pretty safe to scum with almost everyone doing it.
Honestly, it seems sort of odd to me that uninformed Tenebro-town would criticise MathBlade in the same way given their expressed lack of confidence at other points.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:21 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2451, Nero Cain wrote:I see no reason why today shouldn't end in the death of 1 of VP, Eyes, Skitter or April.

VOTE: VP

I mean he's prob scum anyways but he's already claimed so low risk, high reward
What's your read on Eyes so far? Not been a whole lot there, struggling to figure out if their frustration with the high post count is genuine town frustration or not.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:21 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2453, Nero Cain wrote:Why should we vote Fua?
The vig thing. If someone promises to confirm themselves, the rigid part of me wants to hold them to it.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:23 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2454, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2448, MalcolmTucker wrote:I was heavily critical of them in turn one but tenebros is coming across as more town for me as the game goes on. Post struck me as a genuine bit of townie frustration. Much as plenty of players got annoyed at MathBlade after their entry into the game, this didn't particularly feel like the type of post a mafia team member would make toward pretty much the first fully confirmed town player of the game.

I think some players have since used the heavy post-load and the fast-moving pace of the game to disguise actually giving reads or to also appear like frustrated townies (primarily Scorpious), but tenebros felt kinda genuine to me with this, was a bit of a gut-feeling at the time but a few of their posts since have felt more town too.
Seems we are moving in opposite directions.

I would challenge the point re: MathBlade, as I think criticising MathBlade would seem pretty safe to scum with almost everyone doing it.
Honestly, it seems sort of odd to me that uninformed Tenebro-town would criticise MathBlade in the same way given their expressed lack of confidence at other points.
Fair enough, I'll take a more detailed ISO look at some point and see where I stand on it. I had heavy suspicion in turn one but like I said a few posts changed my mind a bit. But your post above feels genuine and makes a solid case.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2433, Cape90 wrote:Latest postings from Eyes has been decent. I kinda like the double down on a... very meh post admittedly in 2427
I also think this is really bad. Like is really and is prob a scum post but cape saying that it was okish was pretty bad as well. Overnight I internalized it as too bad to be from scum and also thought that no way is there 3 scum in my hood (unless I'm wrong on Skitter or something) but it's still awful.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:26 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2458, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2433, Cape90 wrote:Latest postings from Eyes has been decent. I kinda like the double down on a... very meh post admittedly in 2427
I also think this is really bad. Like is really and is prob a scum post but cape saying that it was okish was pretty bad as well. Overnight I internalized it as too bad to be from scum and also thought that no way is there 3 scum in my hood (unless I'm wrong on Skitter or something) but it's still awful.
idk I would have a hard time seeing Eyes as scum at this point

The VP and skitter reads I can kind of follow even if they are not top-priority for me rn, but Eyes being scum would just be super strange to me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

y?

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:30 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm not in the mood for trying to explain it in a way that actually sounds good, but I just feel it okay?

Some of their posts are... like... how does scum come up with faking that level of disorganisation/paranoia/chaos? And if it's genuine, why do they post it? Like all the stuff about replacing and the confusion @ your self-vote and them clearly just not keeping up with the game but posting random shit that's probably going to look bad anyway.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

My reason for scum reading eyes is mostly having VP as a top town read for using his words on page 24. You can see his post in and my reply in

Also didn't like how he sorta complains that I'm differentiating between the pr claims in . Posting seems rad.

he has the "I don't like how bloated this game is" sympathy so eh...

fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:43 am

Post by fua »

In post 2446, Datisi wrote:
In post 2440, fua wrote:Unless there’s a doctor then mafia has a role blocker.
??? who did you attempt to shoot?
Why in the everloving heck does it matter?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

Cape, fua, did you realize you were the hammer and e1 votes respectively?i think that scum on the wagon is probably towards the end (dats/fua/cape) or in the middle bunch of std, vp, yeet

Fua who was your target last night?

I still think nero is scum in the hood and i'm not sure why you didnt end up on wu despite pusging him p hard earlier in the day
The scum-to-town spectrum in the hood imo is: nero > vp > cape

Pedit of course it matters ....
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:47 am

Post by fua »

In post 2456, DeasVail wrote:
In post 2453, Nero Cain wrote:Why should we vote Fua?
The vig thing. If someone promises to confirm themselves, the rigid part of me wants to hold them to it.
Lol, what? You would lim a vig claim with no CC despite the massive risk that would have to be taken just to hope that there is no CC, that I wouldn’t be shot at night, and that nobody would think it investigate me?

You’re better than this. I think you absolutely know I was roleblocked last night.

VOTE: Deasvail
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:48 am

Post by Datisi »

fua, answer the question please.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: fua
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:49 am

Post by fua »

In post 2464, skitter30 wrote:Cape, fua, did you realize you were the hammer and e1 votes respectively?i think that scum on the wagon is probably towards the end (dats/fua/cape) or in the middle bunch of std, vp, yeet

Fua who was your target last night?

I still think nero is scum in the hood and i'm not sure why you didnt end up on wu despite pusging him p hard earlier in the day
The scum-to-town spectrum in the hood imo is: nero > vp > cape

Pedit of course it matters ....
No, I didn’t realize. If I did I probably still would have voted there anyway because I didn’t TR him at all.

I didn’t ask IF it mattered. I asked WHY it mattered.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:50 am

Post by Datisi »

it matters, but i can't say why until you answer, it defeats the purpose.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:50 am

Post by fua »

Until I get an explanation of why it matters I’m not claiming. Skitter and DV are sus as hell for opening up the phase doubting the PR claim for no reason.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:50 am

Post by fua »

In post 2469, Datisi wrote:it matters, but i can't say why until you answer, it defeats the purpose.
Someone who wasn’t a claimed PR.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:51 am

Post by Datisi »

there are a lot of people that fit that description.
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

Well we're missing a shot from you that would help sort out your alignment, and knowing your target could help figure out what happened (bp, maybe someone tracked you, etc), but you not sharing is dodgy
For all i know you're making the whole thing up ...

And you dont get why deasvail might be sus of rhe missing shot?

Pedit its not no reason, you arenr proven and you've given nothing to indicate the claim is true
Show
Hiatus once more.

fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:52 am

Post by fua »

Great. Now you know it wasn’t someone who a doctor would have motivation to heal.