the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4950 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:27 pm

Post by the worst »

Many variants modify the rules for team play or place restrictions on tagged players' behavior. A simple variation makes tag an elimination game, so that tagged drop out of play. Some variants have a rule preventing a player from tagging the person who has just tagged them.

Official Votecount 3.2VP Baltar (2): MathBlade, Nero Cain
[E-6]

April Ludgate (1): Save The Dragons
Frogsterking (1): VP Baltar
Titus (1): fireisredsir
Eyes without a face (1): Cape90

Not Voting (9): Frogsterking, Scorpious, DeasVail, Titus, Enchant, Galron, Eyes without a face, April Ludgate, tenebrousluminary

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to achieve an elimination.

Day 3 will end in (expired on 2022-03-25 22:15:00).

click here for joined mod iso.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4951 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:27 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4948, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 4945, VP Baltar wrote:Plus I'm sure those are not even great examples. That's just me casually looking at his ISO
they are very not great examples and you cannot say "look i proved this!" without having great examples. if you come back later with great examples then ill be more interested in what you have to say
Well, I'm not saying they are terrible examples either. Open his iso and look at the way he talks about Malcom if you want. It's not hard to find. I have some posts marked in NY notes, but I'm off my computer for the night. Definitely will have to be tomorrow before I go fetch that.
YOUR AD HERE
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4952 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4946, fireisredsir wrote:why is everyone ignoring that psychologists get negative results on people who have already killed and therefore do not necessarily imply that there is a traitor

i wouldn't be THAT surprised to see a traitor but eh
or maybe I'm not understanding? Team mafia would still retain their kill ability and "would get is capable of killing." It would be JOATS and x-shot vigs/sks (and town and mafia traitor) that would get is "not capable of killing or has already killed."
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4953 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4951, VP Baltar wrote:Definitely will have to be tomorrow before I go fetch that.
Why did these great examples not make it in your case?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4954 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

someone from the mafia team always carries out the kill, right? the person who did would then show up neg to a psychologist. i thought that was like the whole idea behind the role

wiki:
It does however have a drawback: if a player has already killed, the Psychologist can no longer discern whether this player is capable of doing so.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4955 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4954, fireisredsir wrote:someone from the mafia team always carries out the kill, right? the person who did would then show up neg to a psychologist. i thought that was like the whole idea behind the role

wiki:
It does however have a drawback: if a player has already killed, the Psychologist can no longer discern whether this player is capable of doing so.
I was going from the exact wording of role PM versus wiki.

Might help to privately ask the mods how that would work.

Since this is a normal you’re probably right.

But regardless I really want Galron or VP.

If scum had their pick of three wagons EoD someone woulda been hammered.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4956 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:44 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 4951, VP Baltar wrote:Well, I'm not saying they are terrible examples either. Open his iso and look at the way he talks about Malcom if you want. It's not hard to find. I have some posts marked in NY notes, but I'm off my computer for the night. Definitely will have to be tomorrow before I go fetch that.
very excited to see your better examples!! i did look through his ISO, obviously, and your not great ones are the closest that i could find to support the narrative that you're pushing. he p consistently liked the malc wagon the least out of all the leading wagons, and consistently thought that scum were pushing it
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4957 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I am not sure if he said so last day phase or not but in the hood overnight VP was talking about how he thought Malcolm was going to town flip while vote parking that for most of the day. Your thoughts Fire?

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4958 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 4955, MathBlade wrote:If scum had their pick of three wagons EoD someone woulda been hammered.
what's the logic there? if all 3 wagons are town wouldn't scum be more likely to just let them sit and let a town hammer? and alternatively if 1 or 2 of the wagons are scum wouldn't malcolm have been hammered faster?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4959 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4958, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 4955, MathBlade wrote:If scum had their pick of three wagons EoD someone woulda been hammered.
what's the logic there? if all 3 wagons are town wouldn't scum be more likely to just let them sit and let a town hammer? and alternatively if 1 or 2 of the wagons are scum wouldn't malcolm have been hammered faster?
Mainly the longer all three town wagons sit the more likely town wakes up and then notices it

It’s more likely one of the wagons is scum given the resistance
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4960 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

I’m totally fine dying today.

I’m VT.

If anyone thinks I’m scum who would actively kill Yeet, my number 1 supporter, lol.
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4961 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4956, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 4951, VP Baltar wrote:Well, I'm not saying they are terrible examples either. Open his iso and look at the way he talks about Malcom if you want. It's not hard to find. I have some posts marked in NY notes, but I'm off my computer for the night. Definitely will have to be tomorrow before I go fetch that.
very excited to see your better examples!! i did look through his ISO, obviously, and your not great ones are the closest that i could find to support the narrative that you're pushing. he p consistently liked the malc wagon the least out of all the leading wagons, and consistently thought that scum were pushing it
I'm not saying it was his stated preferred wagon. I don't think you're exactly getting what I'm saying here, and I'm sure that's on me. The point is him being OK with it without backing it. I'm not sure what you think I'm saying.
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4962 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4960, April Ludgate wrote:I’m totally fine dying today.

I’m VT.

If anyone thinks I’m scum who would actively kill Yeet, my number 1 supporter, lol.
I don't get this post at all
YOUR AD HERE
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4963 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I’m VT.

I’d much rather you answer my questions and check my mech spec out that there’s like two scum in that hood.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4964 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

Scum are actively going to want my wagon for the day, the Yeet kill takes even more protection off of me.

Yeah, I’ll go today instead of VPB. Listen to my reads post death, was wrong on Malcolm, but guarantee I had some scum.

I’ll be gone for a few days, I’ll try to pop in here and there, but yeah.

I had fun this game. Malcolm town flip basically means I die, I get it.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4965 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

naw, lets vote the scum pr not the goon

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4966 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4957, Nero Cain wrote:I am not sure if he said so last day phase or not but in the hood overnight VP was talking about how he thought Malcolm was going to town flip while vote parking that for most of the day. Your thoughts Fire?

April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4967 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 4962, VP Baltar wrote:

I’m VT.

I don't get this post at all
Okay, so Yeet and I were locked at the hip basically, by killing Yeet, i actively have even less support on my side making my fade much easier.

And there’s the argument of “that’s why you would kill Yeet!”

Okay, sure, but when you look at the playing field with players like Nero, STD, and Math ready to go down my neck, killing someone like Yeet is actively bad scum play, but people don’t understand how actual scum play.

And it’s all WIFOM slot, and I understand that my being alive is hard for people to get actual reads, so my flip becomes incredibly beneficial to understanding the gamestate harder.

So while I’ll fight for my defense, if I use some empathy for other townies, I can’t disagree that I’m not a good fade.

Would I eventually be able to solve this game? Probably, but so could other players, and for me to do so, I’d need something to get players to trust me, and because I’m out of town until like Saturday night, and then I have a lot of work to do from Fiverr I have to get done Saturday/Sunday/Monday, I’m going to be limited as is.

I’ll try to do some wagonomics.

From past games, me tunneling a townie to death is usually a key to me actively being able to get put on the right direction, but I’m not going to have the trust of this town + my number 1 guy Yeet died.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4968 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 4963, MathBlade wrote:

I’m VT.

I’d much rather you answer my questions and check my mech spec out that there’s like two scum in that hood.
I’ll read up when I can. I’m at the movie theatres, and I’ll be limited the next few days.

(I see every movie basically, big cinephile.)
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4969 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 4958, fireisredsir wrote:
Scum might have wanted the Malcolm wagon to chain fade me.

Unless Yeet was PR checked, that definitely was a kill to weaken my position further than it already was going to be past the Malcolm flip.

Unfortunately, I did think especially near the end that Malcolm would flip town, I was just hoping that was me getting cold feet.

But like I said, me tunneling a town to death generally gets me on the right track.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4970 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4969, April Ludgate wrote:Scum might have wanted the Malcolm wagon to chain fade me.

Unless Yeet was PR checked, that definitely was a kill to weaken my position further than it already was going to be past the Malcolm flip.
christ, get over yourself.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4971 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 4957, Nero Cain wrote:I am not sure if he said so last day phase or not but in the hood overnight VP was talking about how he thought Malcolm was going to town flip while vote parking that for most of the day. Your thoughts Fire?
mmm he didn't really take a stance on malc (mostly saying stuff like "ill read April's case later") until , and for a while it was kinda "not my biggest scumread but it's worth taking a chance on". he votes there, and says it is a lim that will give the most info. , talking to malc, he's "not very sold" on him being scum, and also says that his own lim would be better for town than malc's. he votes galron right after. re-votes malc in after the yeet soft. next spends a while seeming to be considering the world where him and malc are both town. says that malc is the best flip. that's about it.

so did he think malc was likely to flip town? yea, kinda believable, he was on the fence p much the whole time, and seemed to be leaning town slightly. did he votepark there most of the day? his vote was there for like 95% of the final 48 hours of the day, so eh kinda. is that different from how he would act if he was town in that situation? ehhh idk. imo if there's something scummy about how he interacted with malc, it's how he was acting like he was willing to die and sacrifice himself while pushing malc at the same time
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4972 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 4874, Nero Cain wrote:do you think anyone should be held responsible for the Malcolm wagon?
Yes.

Me.

Scum did abuse my tunnel well, of course.

I do agree with the possibility of Titus scum, but i don’t want to jump to that conclusion. Also, I won’t be leading at all today.

I do wanna give Titus some benefit of the doubt, though. They had just replaced in not too long before, and was forced to deal with the different wagons, so I can see a world she’s town. But we have plenty of time to talk, and for her to help clear if she is town.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4973 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 4970, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4969, April Ludgate wrote:Scum might have wanted the Malcolm wagon to chain fade me.

christ, get over yourself.

Self love best kinda love
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4974 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 4881, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4854, Mizzytastic wrote:MalcolmTucker (9): Eyes without a face,
Yeet
, April Ludgate, Scorpious,
Galron
, VP Baltar, Titus, fireisredsir,
MathBlade
the 4 scum are here.

I'm giving scorp some leeway since he's tene's town read he's just sorta LHF that scum could try to mislim.

but between April, VP, Eyes, Titus and Fire is prob the scum team.
There are never 4 scum on this wagon.
2-3 max.