KTaNE [game over!]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:37 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 471, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 400, Andante wrote:
In post 391, Morning Tweet wrote:andante have you noticed a difference between the me in this game versus the game we just played previously? I'm refering to the grandest idea one ofc]

pedit pedit pedit pedit: Okay bye :(
lol I promise I'm leaving soon.. got stuff to do!!! lol, but yeah like, grandest idea, I felt like you and pooky were just being funny, here yall aren't really even talking to each other? umm yeah that's all I got, cause truth be told, I paid minimal attention to that game, was busy with real life
Wait you're reading me off of my interactions with Pooky? i actually just came on to see my favourite bear !! lol

I was.... scum in grand idea.....? Oh wait no I wasn't. I was third party. Truth be told i cant remember why i brought it up. I played like, mostly town-me in that game but it was still a hell of an unusual game

Uhh to comment on this though, my mood and general tone varies wildly from game to game. that game i thought Pooky and I argued good naturedly for probably the first half then actually argued for the second. That's just how the nature of that game was though, it wasn't because i was town in my mind. I tend to gravitate towards Pooky because i enjoy playing with him, even when arguing sometimes which is very rare for me

pedit: LOL

So Frog if nothing stands out and he's playing the way he usually does then I'm a bit confused what you're saying
lol I mean, you asked me for my thoughts on you there, you were 3p, I was 3p, pooky was maf... hahahaha, like I'm not reading yall's interactions here and comparing, but like, you asked my thoughts yall there, I even said it in SK pt... I thought you 2 were too funny to kill, here? like no interactions so honestly probably both town or both maf, cause 1 isn't trying to pocket the other or any of that

idkkkkk I'm just tired right now, don't want to do work, so I'm here till I wanna sleep
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:38 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 463, Andante wrote:
In post 456, Lukewarm wrote:I don't have 8 town leans yet, but
HEAL: Titus
HEAL: Andante
HEAL: Tweetie
HEAL: StrangeMatter
HEAL: Greeting

VOTE: Pooky
hold up, so the 5 you healed are your town leans? could I get some explanations on those?
I have transitioned from my computer, to cell phone in bed, but yeah,those are my town leans at the end of my catch up.

Mostly gut. As I went through my read of the game, I had a note pad open and I made a note each time someone pinged me one way or the other. These names all netted positive town pings by the end.

Titus was my early town read for a dumb reason. Greeting was for their attempted way to break the nomination process, both for trying to break it and because it was based off faulty understanding of game design which is a nice town looking combo imo.

You Tweetie and Strangematter are more tone / gut. I can try to find specific posts tomorrow when I am back at my pc tho
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:39 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

excuse me i tried very hard to pocket tweetie in that GIM game

i even tried to recruit her but she is very anti-fun
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:40 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 477, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:excuse me i tried very hard to pocket tweetie in that GIM game

yes lol and it was very funny, here, yall aren't really even talking so I'm more inclined to think yall are just both town, cause town is not trying to pocket people lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:41 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 476, Lukewarm wrote:Titus was my early town read for a dumb reason.
Oh, and after that I actually found her non-serious mason claim townie, even if I dont like fake mason claiming.

Both from an approach from her towards a possible miselim if he is town, but not in a way that I think scum would do for a partner if he is scum. But also in a similarity in how I've seen her approach games before.

I would say greeting and Titus are my strongest reads of those 5
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:41 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 327, Dwlee99 wrote:Like at all lol

I scumread you in the last datisi game. I think our previous game together I probably townread you? This isn't a super longstanding pattern like you're making it out to be
I want to know which games Dwlee is referring to here.
In post 371, Bell wrote:*scum can you please nom Frogster king first as bomb guy.

Pedit: feels fake.
Bell can you explain what you were attempting to communicate here?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:43 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 411, Andante wrote:
In post 380, Andante wrote:Mostly for me later, so I know what I'm thinking/where I'm at

Probably town:
catboi - I think town!catboi outs a TR on me where he did, cause scum!catboi had no reason
cephrir - based on the comment about me being "such obvious town" in control, but not here, I do think Cephrir is town, cause I think scum!Cephrir here views me the same as scum!ceph there, so there's be no question on me being town
PookyTheMagicalBear - not trying to pocket Tweet, and I feel like that's what scum!pooky would be doing

Possibly town:
The Praetorian - there's been a few things, I could see it being town for sure, I'm not sold yet though
Titus - A good amount of posts I've liked, especially recently, want more, but I definitely think she's looking good
Morning Tweet -
has definitely had moments I've been sus of, ummm doesn't appear to be playing with a towny mindset, I could be wrong, we'll see what content Tweet brings later
Upgrading to a possibly town, cause same reason as Pooky, I feel like scum!Tweet would be more trying to pocket pooky

I'm thinking scum:
VP Balter - doesn't care that people SR him, the town!VP I remember is a LOT different than this, and had the line about asking "dumb questions" I HATED... I'm seriously convinced that line only comes from scum
Bell - I agree with Pooky on this one, I can definitely see Bell!scum here, but with the amount of coasting people... I'm not 100% sold on this SR, but I don't think Bell looks great

Evaluate later:
Frogsterking - I honestly think he's not town, but like, he's easy to sort, cause if he's maf he's gonna stop participating/trying, but gun to head... frog not town

No Clue:
Lukewarm
GuiltyLion
The Bulge - I THINK Bulge is worse than bell... I'd have to ISO Bulge, but not a huge fan of what I can recall from the posts, but not certain there's enough for me to commit to a SR
Dwlee99
Greeting
Andresvmb
Cat Scratch Fever
Menalque - called me town lean off 2 posts...d I kinda like that :) but could be TMI.. who knows
StrangeMatter
had to update 1 thing before I go :)
While I'm thinking of it I should update this
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:44 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 479, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 476, Lukewarm wrote:Titus was my early town read for a dumb reason.
Oh, and after that I actually found her non-serious mason claim townie, even if I dont like fake mason claiming.

Both from an approach from her towards a possible miselim if he is town, but not in a way that I think scum would do for a partner if he is scum. But also in a similarity in how I've seen her approach games before.

I would say greeting and Titus are my strongest reads of those 5
alright, thank you!!! I have no further questions right now
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:46 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 480, Frogsterking wrote:

I scumread you in the last datisi game. I think our previous game together I probably townread you? This isn't a super longstanding pattern like you're making it out to be
In post 371, Bell wrote:*scum can you please nom Frogster king first as bomb guy.

previous game? uhhh I believe there's 2 recent nes that come to mind
jk just the 1
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=88949

ahhh see, everything just blurs together, but sure, funny once, repeat it? gets old
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by Andante »

I have 9 unsorted people... ughh rip, at least I don't have like 6-7 scum reads!! like, maybe my reads are... right??? I GOT THIS!! OH SCUM BE SCARED!!!
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by Andante »

also I don't think I'm sold on Luke maf
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:49 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 473, Morning Tweet wrote:Actually I guess you probably mean that nothing scummy stood out to you. I still don't see how that thought connects with how Pooky would have to be playing in polished manner though
They're making a bunch of shit posts and outting reads and stuff. If they're scum then

hey you know what I just remembered pooky probably has a temperament that's specifically good for this kind of scum play. And they've played a lot of games so they've had opportunity to practice.

I think I'm going to hold off on townreading pooky.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
Morning Tweet
She
The Modfather
The Modfather

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:49 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 477, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:excuse me i tried very hard to pocket tweetie in that GIM game

i really wanted a 3p win!!! you're the one who gave me 0 chance whatsoever to respond to the "guilty"

Lukewarm sounds kind of deflated. I like the "go through the thread and mark townpings" approach. I've definitely had games (especially harder to parse ones) where that's all i feel like i have reads-wise

although on the other hand Luke felt a bit more disconnected earlier than im used to. He made comments on some of my mechanical posts i had early, but those posts had already been hashed out and the things he was pointing out i had all already known. This could be what others are pointing out I'm not sure.

Andante lol i know sorry that was a stupid question in hindsight. I get alignments of previous games mixed a lot
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:51 pm

Post by Bell »

You posted a wall, so I wanted you to die.
The feels fake thing was to Dwlee.

@Luke: Okay. Sure.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:52 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Jeeze, I left for only about 2-3 hours and several new pages and far behind.

To answer that question The Buldge, right now I don’t at the moment really disagree with their reads, but since I don’t know much about it. Granted I was catching up and saw him Frogs talking about GuiltyLion and I really don’t agree with the justification behind that read.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:53 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 487, Morning Tweet wrote:Andante lol i know sorry that was a stupid question in hindsight. I get alignments of previous games mixed a lot
lol it's all good!!! no such thing as stupid questions!!! I answer everything directed my way and more!!! (and if I miss is, it's an accident) don't want anyone feeling like I'm ignoring!!!

and frogs, I'm confused... lol what?
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 488, Bell wrote:

You posted a wall, so I wanted you to die.
The feels fake thing was to Dwlee.

@Luke: Okay. Sure.
I mean Bell... I'm telling yall I don't TR frogs... lmao feels very off
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:55 pm

Post by Andante »

I could see Bell and Frogs as partners actually.... oh we're gonna go into dangerous territory real soon... when I get locked into team reads...
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:55 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 489, StrangeMatter wrote:Jeeze, I left for only about 2-3 hours and several new pages and far behind.

To answer that question The Buldge, right now I don’t at the moment really disagree with their reads, but since I don’t know much about it. Granted I was catching up and saw him Frogs talking about GuiltyLion and I really don’t agree with the justification behind that read.
Oh no Strange you didn't roll scum again and wifom me did you?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:56 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Frogster here feels so different from his scumgame in Internal Affairs that he's probably my strongest townread right now. What's caught your eye there, Andante?
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:57 pm

Post by Andante »

hmm yeah, I need to just go to bed, and figure this out tomorrow, idk if it's just the fact I'm tired, or if frogs is actually maf, but frogs is NOT reading as town at all to me, like, 493 for example... why does town frogs say that??
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:58 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 492, Andante wrote:I could see Bell and Frogs as partners actually.... oh we're gonna go into dangerous territory real soon... when I get locked into team reads...
Please don't partner hunt before there are flips. This is a waste of time and brain power.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:58 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 494, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Frogster here feels so different from his scumgame in Internal Affairs that he's probably my strongest townread right now. What's caught your eye there, Andante?
the only difference is literally the fact he didn't play infernal affairs... then got very behind... like here, game just started, of course he's on top of it, just like that game...
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:58 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 490, Andante wrote:
In post 487, Morning Tweet wrote:Andante lol i know sorry that was a stupid question in hindsight. I get alignments of previous games mixed a lot
lol it's all good!!! no such thing as stupid questions!!! I answer everything directed my way and more!!! (and if I miss is, it's an accident) don't want anyone feeling like I'm ignoring!!!

and frogs, I'm confused... lol what?
You ignored me!!!! Woof.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:59 pm

Post by Bell »

I'm mostly satisfied with Andante for lying about going to bed and instead spamming here.