KTaNE [game over!]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:26 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 2050, Andresvmb wrote:In the early going, did Pooky did anything that you felt was game advancing? Like seriously. The post I highlighted is Pooky giving a complete bullshit reason to vote someone (they “feel like they picked a red PM”), and then proceeding to throw out a few half-assed accusations at players (like Morning Tweet). Did you find any of that Townie?
this is a funny comment coming from someone who didnt even fucking post for the first week or whatever

sometimes i wonder why i even log on to this website
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:33 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2075, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:sometimes i wonder why i even log on to this website
is it to see me?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:33 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2075, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2050, Andresvmb wrote:In the early going, did Pooky did anything that you felt was game advancing? Like seriously. The post I highlighted is Pooky giving a complete bullshit reason to vote someone (they “feel like they picked a red PM”), and then proceeding to throw out a few half-assed accusations at players (like Morning Tweet). Did you find any of that Townie?
this is a funny comment coming from someone who didnt even fucking post for the first week or whatever

Yeah I didn’t post. You did, and the posts weren’t great. I think the difference is obvious. And I missed the start of the game, and then actually did post.

If you want to just be confrontation for the sake of being confrontational, then go for it.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:33 am

Post by Andresvmb »

^confrontational for the sake of being confrontational*
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:34 am

In post 2076, Menalque wrote:
In post 2075, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:sometimes i wonder why i even log on to this website
is it to see me?
lol thanks dude I needed this
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:35 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2079, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2076, Menalque wrote:
is it to see me?
lol thanks dude I needed this
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:36 am

In post 2077, Andresvmb wrote:

Yeah I didn’t post. You did, and the posts weren’t great. I think the difference is obvious. And I missed the start of the game, and then actually did post.

If you want to just be confrontation for the sake of being confrontational, then go for it.
maybe when you sign up for a game you have a commitment to read the
entire fucking game
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:37 am

is that really too much to ask?

or like on a basic level how about this.

if you're not going to read the entire game because you don't have the time or whatever

at least READ THE PART OF THE GAME THAT THE REST OF US ARE PLAYING
Show

-Norwee

~Maple
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:38 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2081, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:maybe when you sign up for a game you have a commitment to read the entire fucking game
mena:
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:40 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2081, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2077, Andresvmb wrote:

maybe when you sign up for a game you have a commitment to read the
entire fucking game
Yeah, how about we keep our interactions at a minimum? You don’t seem to like me as a player so perhaps best to avoid each other. Like this accusation thrown at me given how I try to play seems heavy handed.

So what should I do? Not post until I’ve read every line? Post incomplete thoughts when I can so that I can get bashed for not reading the entire game? Or just stop playing entirely? What would you like for me to do?
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2083, Menalque wrote:
In post 2081, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:maybe when you sign up for a game you have a commitment to read the entire fucking game
mena:
Baah!

VOTE: Andres
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:44 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2074, Menalque wrote:that's not quite what GL said but close enough

I guess it still seems odd to me to solicit meta-info on me as a player only to immediately dismiss it as it relates to your own read. still making up my mind on that overall -- like why ask for second-hand meta then?
because my asking about it wasn't just about sorting your slot, it was also about sorting theirs. and i can't know in advance if the arguments they present will convince me or not but there's no reason not to see what they are. the context helps, i feel like i know slightly better what to expect from you and that could help me sort you in the future even if it didn't change things much for that initial read
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:46 am

Post by catboi »

it's for me, obviously

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Yeah look my motivation here has declined significantly.

I’m a Simple Doctor. I made a crumb in that really went over everyone’s head which means it was just poor. That’s why I kept asking for my posts to be read in more detail after a certain point. So I’ll stop being cryptic about it.

I… don’t think I will contribute a whole lot more this game outside of some basic votes and keeping track of arguments and reading when I have some time.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1898, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1829, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1530, Andresvmb wrote:148 - Interestingly enough, I really don’t like this response from VPB. What does it matter when was the last time you rolled Scum? Like why do you feel self-conscious enough that you decide to actively state when you last rolled Scum? It’s irrelevant to your chances of being Scum in this game. The reflex to answer in this way feels like a bad sign.
Are you actually reading the game though? Frog stated I haven't been scum in awhile, and I pointed out that's not accurate. How the fuck do you walk away from that and say I'm being self-conscious?
How do I not walk away from you responding to the attack that relies on a logical fallacy by providing an appeasing response instead of bashing the logic while saying you’re being self-conscious? And I haven’t read whatever else you’re referencing here so yeah, not sure how I’m supposed to factor that in. I also didn’t think the initial reaction was silly. Since, you know, I had the same reaction.
This is some bullshit. You think I should attack Frog, who I townread, because he has bad logic rather than answer his question? How is that being productive?

Like, yeah Frog says wild things I don't agree with, but if I'm townreading him it ends up being a huge distraction to just argue pedantic points about it rather than answer his question and try to get him to a point where he stops tunneling for bad reasons. I know for a fact there isn't actually anything to see there, so helping him arrive at that conclusion is going to be a way more town-positive outcome than me having a shit throwing fight with him.

Look at the big fight between you two I'm having to read now. I think it's pretty much bullshit that you see this as scum indicative of me. Despite claims to the contrary, I actually think you're the one who entered the game trying to pump up frog on some nonsense about me, and you're kind of bitter it backfired on you.
YOUR AD HERE
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:48 am

Post by Menalque »

ho hum

VOTE: misty hi misty!

also back away from the bear catboi, he's mine >.>
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:51 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2089, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1898, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1829, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1530, Andresvmb wrote:148 - Interestingly enough, I really don’t like this response from VPB. What does it matter when was the last time you rolled Scum? Like why do you feel self-conscious enough that you decide to actively state when you last rolled Scum? It’s irrelevant to your chances of being Scum in this game. The reflex to answer in this way feels like a bad sign.
Are you actually reading the game though? Frog stated I haven't been scum in awhile, and I pointed out that's not accurate. How the fuck do you walk away from that and say I'm being self-conscious?
How do I not walk away from you responding to the attack that relies on a logical fallacy by providing an appeasing response instead of bashing the logic while saying you’re being self-conscious? And I haven’t read whatever else you’re referencing here so yeah, not sure how I’m supposed to factor that in. I also didn’t think the initial reaction was silly. Since, you know, I had the same reaction.
This is some bullshit. You think I should attack Frog, who I townread, because he has bad logic rather than answer his question? How is that being productive?

Like, yeah Frog says wild things I don't agree with, but if I'm townreading him it ends up being a huge distraction to just argue pedantic points about it rather than answer his question and try to get him to a point where he stops tunneling for bad reasons. I know for a fact there isn't actually anything to see there, so helping him arrive at that conclusion is going to be a way more town-positive outcome than me having a shit throwing fight with him.

Look at the big fight between you two I'm having to read now. I think it's pretty much bullshit that you see this as scum indicative of me. Despite claims to the contrary, I actually think you're the one who entered the game trying to pump up frog on some nonsense about me, and you're kind of bitter it backfired on you.
Yeah whatever VPB you’re wrong about my alignment and I perhaps misread the intention behind a post of yours. I’m sorry you think that’s bullshit. I didn’t know I couldn’t be wrong, but Frog can be because they’re more “obviously Town” or something.
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:52 am

Post by Andante »

Aww Pooky!!! <3

(I so feel you on that thought though... kinda why I can't be bothered to redo my reads right now... hope that doesn't make me part of the problem... ahhhh)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1910, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1834, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1580, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1578, Bell wrote:You didn't plop down a vote. Why didn't you vote someone?
You fault me for putting Heal votes down without reading everything (which if I’m being realistic, the odds that I get 8 Town and no Scum even if I read every word D1 are not great), but you want me to place my single elimination vote already? Why?

My strongest SR from the early going was VPB. I’m not ready to vote there until I have actually at least read the entirety of what’s been posted so far so I can be surer there aren’t Scummier slots.
Good question from Bell, a sad reply from andres.

The logic of healing becuase you can always change it applies to voting too. Except there is the additional scum cover motivation I noted above, so....
Except a majority ends the voting phase and forces twilight, healing doesn’t. But hey, probably a meaningless distinction to you.
oh boy....
YOUR AD HERE
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:53 am

Post by Andante »

Andres, what's your read on VP?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:53 am

Post by Andresvmb »

And how did I pump up Frog on anything? I agreed with their take in the early game. I clearly stated that I hadn’t finished reading. I just revealed what I was thinking when I was thinking it. Have I ever come across this game as trying to appeal to Frog to do my dirty work for me or something? Like that doesn’t make sense.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:53 am

Post by catboi »

Anyway, Day 1 doesn't need to be 100 pages, and in fact the longer the thread bloats the more likely it is to have a deleterious effect on later days. Some people need to learn the art of shutting the hell up. Already I feel like the arguments right now are burning people out.

I'm reading andres now and I'm not really particularly convinced he's scum. I had typed this prior to his most recent posting spree

Nothing fireisred has posted since replacing in has given me the slightest impression he's town. Mostly I think he's a decent scum player who writes polished posts but can't string together anything resembling a meaningful scumread. There's no depth to anything they're saying, their only justificant for votes has been "gut", which, 80 pages in, is pretty nonsense. The wagon has stalled out and we keep getting these attempts at throwing up counterwagons that I'm pretty sure are a sign fire is mafia. Notably fire's votes have been on GL, MT/misty, and andres, all of whom were counterwagons to themself and on players who weren't saying much at all. They're afraid of pushing anyone who might actually bite back at them. Their overall play is toward appeasement. It's soft. Bloodless. They're hoping being inoffensive will get people to stop scumreading them.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:55 am

Post by catboi »

HEAL: pooky
HEAL: menalque

I had typed out a heal on guiltylion because I think he'd be a decent person to have as an expert if town.

HURT: Greeting

Still town but feeling whatever on nominating them.
In post 2090, Menalque wrote:ho hum

VOTE: misty hi misty!

also back away from the bear catboi, he's mine >.>
part of me says that misty doesn't ply this way on replacing into a scum slot that's under suspicion, it's too careless, although that's a weak read
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:55 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2094, Andante wrote:Andres, what's your read on VP?
I’ll stop commenting on anyone’s alignment until I’ve finished reading, because clearly why do it if I’m just going to get bashed for it.

If you want my honest crude take - I think VPB is genuinely offended that I’m misreading them, and is probably Town. I don’t think they would be so insistent about it otherwise. But yeah probably an irrelevant take since you know I can’t have feelings about anyone if I don’t read every post.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:55 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: fire
HEAL: catboi
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.