KTaNE [game over!]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3525 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:20 am

Post by Bell »

You don't have to do anything this is the univeral rule of life.
You Don't wanna,
you don't gotta.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3526 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:42 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3465, Menalque wrote:Why were dwlee and strange experted?
the only other options were Titus and Enchant

also I think dwlee is town
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3527 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:45 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3484, StrangeMatter wrote:Doesn't help that Dwlee gave two sets of information, and the second time they were clarifying things up.
why would scum who planned to secretly blow up the bomb with bad info risk calling attention to themselves by giving two answers / needing to clarify? if anything this points more to town than scum IMO, and I don't like the way this is phrased as shade without making the accusation directly. So you think scum!Dwlee just bungled their delivery of faulty info?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #3528 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:47 am

Post by Titus »

I'd like to be an expert tonight. I feel that's the only way I'll be able to catch up. I don't get the dichotomy but I feel I will with the opportunity to post with the guaranteed ability to not be interrupted.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3529 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:53 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

HEAL: Cephrir
HEAL: Cat Scratch Fever

I need to think about a third heal, possibly Andante but I'm not sure about it

VOTE: StrangeMatter
tbh though I'd be most confident going after misty today. I think her "scum are bussing Mala" was a lil TMI and meant to shade the whole wagon for post flip, again she should have been also voting Mala if that were her true belief
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3530 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:02 am

Post by Bell »

In post 3528, Titus wrote:I'd like to be an expert tonight. I feel that's the only way I'll be able to catch up. I don't get the dichotomy but I feel I will with the opportunity to post with the guaranteed ability to not be interrupted.
You're not going to be saying anything about your andre misread?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Goodfellas / Best Social Game
Cephrir
he/him

Post Post #3531 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:04 am

Post by Cephrir »

Well, at least today isn't boring. I feel more drawn to going after misty and trying to find mala partners (might be hard, since she gave us nothing to work with) but I probably should give the shitfest the time of day.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #3532 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:06 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 263, The Praetorian wrote:VOTE: vp baltar

this time's a hit
In post 269, The Praetorian wrote:vp has fear in his heart
In post 281, The Praetorian wrote:ok actually u are now banned from answering any question that isnt game advancing for 24 hours VP, this is ur new post restriction. if you do not abide by it you get a strike, 3 strikes and the bomb explodes.
In post 292, The Praetorian wrote:i mean the way frogster was like "ayo vp sus" makes them never scum together unless vp flips scum AND frogster has major TMI issues as scum.

so if you have vp as scum it makes sense for frogster to be binned town ay?

at the very least the confidence alone makes me want to leave frogster alone for the day
In post 631, The Praetorian wrote:andante town
Lukewarm scum
vp still scum
Frogster town
Cephrir scum

just need one more, maybe bell randed scum again lul
Don't feel like koba was bussing vp here? Probably not at least?
I prefer they, thanks :)
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3533 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:15 am

Post by Bell »

Probably not, yeah.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #3534 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:17 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3530, Bell wrote:
In post 3528, Titus wrote:I'd like to be an expert tonight. I feel that's the only way I'll be able to catch up. I don't get the dichotomy but I feel I will with the opportunity to post with the guaranteed ability to not be interrupted.
Not really. Andre was antitown, just like Frogster. He needs to learn not to do that shit as town. Between that and the implausible role claim, I have no regrets.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3535 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Bell »

Uh, the idea that Mala wasn't bussed hard is foreign to me.
They had nothing to defend. Scum would be uncomfortable doing anything other than voting them for risk of being called out themselves. That was a wagon that is simply impossible to derail. So all you'd get by trying to save them is suspicion.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3536 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 3534, Titus wrote:
What did he do that was antitown? Also, simple doctor and bodyguard can go together cause no heal loop

Not really. Andre was antitown, just like Frogster. He needs to learn not to do that shit as town. Between that and the implausible role claim, I have no regrets.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3537 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:21 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

EBWOP
In post 3534, Titus wrote:
What did he do that was antitown? Also, simple doctor and bodyguard can go together cause no heal loop
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3538 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:21 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 3535, Bell wrote:Uh, the idea that Mala wasn't bussed hard is foreign to me.
They had nothing to defend. Scum would be uncomfortable doing anything other than voting them for risk of being called out themselves. That was a wagon that is simply impossible to derail. So all you'd get by trying to save them is suspicion.
Is this in response to someone?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3539 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:21 am

Post by Bell »

I feel like I'm on the moon again, because I don't remember Andre doing anything anti-town this game and his role claim was real on flip.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3540 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:22 am

Post by Bell »

Someone said SM was being TMI with the accusation that scum must be bussing, GL said it I think.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Cephrir
he/him

Post Post #3541 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:22 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 3535, Bell wrote:Uh, the idea that Mala wasn't bussed hard is foreign to me.
I'm not sure about this. There were other targets that might have been gettable, and there was certainly a surfeit of those pushes happening. I wouldnt be surprised by bus votes either, but I'm a how guy and not a what guy anyway.
Bartleby the Scrivener
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3542 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

VOTE: strangematter

Reread the full night PT. I also just have a hard time thinking dwlee busses there yesterday.

HEAL: cephrir
HEAL: cat scratch fever
HEAL: guilty lion
YOUR AD HERE
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3543 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:24 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 3457, Datisi wrote:VP Baltar [9]: PookyTheMagicalBear, GuiltyLion, Enchant, Cephrir, Cat Scratch Fever, Mistyx, Andresvmb, Andante, Malakittens
Dwlee99 [7]: GuiltyLion, Enchant, VP Baltar, Cephrir, Cat Scratch Fever, Mistyx, Malakittens
StrangeMatter [6]: Enchant, Cephrir, VP Baltar, GuiltyLion, Andresvmb, Malakittens
It's ironic to me that andres voted for expert his murderer
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Cephrir
he/him

Post Post #3544 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:24 am

Post by Cephrir »

Why doesnt dwlee bus there, vp?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3545 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:25 am

Post by Bell »

Cephrir in Bell land, I can't imagine a scenario where informed role Mala wasn't telling their buddies to bus them to death in the scum PT because they had stuff to deal with and they were being dead weight.
Might as well get something out of it.

But sure, if the scum team had someone particularly charismatic and was willing to ignore Mala, sure. They could have derailed it I guess. That didn't happen though. Nobody successfully derailed it, there was some movements to other players, but they floundered.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3546 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:25 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 3540, Bell wrote:Someone said SM was being TMI with the accusation that scum must be bussing, GL said it I think.
I think it depends on how many scum you think is on the wagon. At least one is kinda just probabilistically true but I don't think it's super useful as a poe tool (and sometimes there are no scum on a wagon but making this judgement call comes down to a gamestate read)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3547 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3540, Bell wrote:Someone said SM was being TMI with the accusation that scum must be bussing, GL said it I think.
I don't think it's unreasonable to suspect that scum were bussing Mala, that's not what I'm saying. I'm more talking about the actual delivery/context under which misty expressed it:
In post 2824, Mistyx wrote:if you want my actual insight

bell town
confused about why everyone kept mentioning waiting for titus input earlier then entirely ignored her andres push? probably slightly scum indicative for andres
gth i would say the vote dump on mala includes a bus
there's no evidence of any critical thought as to
who
would be bussing mala here, just shotgun shade on the entire wagon without any reasoning. It also indicates full confidence Mala will flip scum, yet she never voted Mala or gave any indication that she wanted to. In fact she voted CSF later, despite Mala wagon leading, so if she thought Mala was scum she threw her vote elsewhere why? was she MORE confident in scum!CSF?

it just looks like a weak response to a buddy getting wagoned, it's not consistent with how I would expect town who believed a) scum!Mala and b) Mala being bussed would play or behave.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3548 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:28 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I think that's a good catch from GL so I'm thinking Strange/Mistyx and then there's just one more to catch
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Cephrir
he/him

Post Post #3549 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 3545, Bell wrote:Cephrir in Bell land, I can't imagine a scenario where informed role Mala wasn't telling their buddies to bus them to death in the scum PT because they had stuff to deal with and they were being dead weight.
Might as well get something out of it.

But sure, if the scum team had someone particularly charismatic and was willing to ignore Mala, sure. They could have derailed it I guess. That didn't happen though. Nobody successfully derailed it, there was some movements to other players, but they floundered.
Sure maybe. But they might not be able to get something out of it given existing stated positions, and players were already calling the wagon a bus before it even flipped. That's an environment where I would want to bus very well or not at all, or ideally tbh, I'd love to be bussing a different partner while it goes through. That might just be me tho.
Bartleby the Scrivener