popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

When I die, a strange man with a conical hat and an inexplicably darkened face in spite of no mask is going to be standing in front of a gate. He's going to tell me I guess the true religion incorrectly, and that I was supposed to be listening to prophecies in the form of erratic play and unexplained reads from a forum account entitled Y'shtola Rhul, but without the apostropher because the Earthly domain didn't allow it. And somehow I was supposed to help her cleanse Sin Eaters and only Warriors of light are ok. The figure will cast gravigagagagagagag and plummet me into hell for playing this game by trying to solve the game and ending up with a townbloc that excluded her. When I land I will discover that hell is my participation in a beserked infinite attacking loop akin to the FFVI Cyan glitch, except against an impervious bust of a dancing cartoon tiger. I will scream for mercy and understanding. No one will listen. There will be a report button, but it only chants "On standby" everytime I hit it
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1325, popsofctown wrote:When I die, a strange man with a conical hat and an inexplicably darkened face in spite of no mask is going to be standing in front of a gate. He's going to tell me I guess the true religion incorrectly, and that I was supposed to be listening to prophecies in the form of erratic play and unexplained reads from a forum account entitled Y'shtola Rhul, but without the apostropher because the Earthly domain didn't allow it. And somehow I was supposed to help her cleanse Sin Eaters and only Warriors of light are ok. The figure will cast gravigagagagagagag and plummet me into hell for playing this game by trying to solve the game and ending up with a townbloc that excluded her. When I land I will discover that hell is my participation in a beserked infinite attacking loop akin to the FFVI Cyan glitch, except against an impervious bust of a dancing cartoon tiger. I will scream for mercy and understanding. No one will listen. There will be a report button, but it only chants "On standby" everytime I hit it
Sin Eaters will destroy this world. You have the opportunity to stop them.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

How do you know I'm not a Sin Eater, Y'shtola?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1327, popsofctown wrote:How do you know I'm not a Sin Eater, Y'shtola?
I must place my belief in somebody, for this is not a fight I can undertake alone.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Why doesn't 1325 make you think I'm a Sin Eater?
"Well, I..."
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1329, popsofctown wrote:Why doesn't 1325 make you think I'm a Sin Eater?
Are you looking to break my trust?
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm looking to understand you you don't make sense as any alignment
"Well, I..."
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:21 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1331, popsofctown wrote:I'm looking to understand you you don't make sense as any alignment
How can I assist you?
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:22 pm

Post by Ame »

@Ysha
In post 1315, Ame wrote:
In post 1313, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 1180, Ame wrote:@Ysha why didn't you vote Luca in 666/667?
The duty of a scholar is to be certain of their findings before releasing them to the public. If I cannot be certain of them myself, how can I expect those who would listen to also be certain of them?
What was the purpose of 666 then? You made a call to action but did not follow up on it yourself.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1333, Ame wrote:@Ysha
In post 1315, Ame wrote:
In post 1313, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 1180, Ame wrote:@Ysha why didn't you vote Luca in 666/667?
The duty of a scholar is to be certain of their findings before releasing them to the public. If I cannot be certain of them myself, how can I expect those who would listen to also be certain of them?
What was the purpose of 666 then? You made a call to action but did not follow up on it yourself.
I am a scholar, not a general. I do not lead the forces, only support them. I wish to find those I would follow, for only a Warrior of Light may banish the Sin Eaters.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Explain how you pick who to follow, Miss Y'shtola. You're implying you've picked me. Why?

The town disagrees on things, you cannot follow everyone.
"Well, I..."
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:29 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1335, popsofctown wrote:Explain how you pick who to follow, Miss Y'shtola. You're implying you've picked me. Why?

While Warriors of Light continue to bicker and quarrel, I will not follow them. It falls to those who see beyond the mundane that are truly fit to lead in these times. The power of the Echo is what decides this, for the truth is known through it.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:39 pm

Post by Ame »

UNVOTE:
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:39 pm

Post by Ame »

mafia is hard I don't like it anymore
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:42 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1338, Ame wrote:mafia is hard I don't like it anymore
What have you learned, little one?
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:43 pm

Post by Ame »

pops if you were going on a week long vacation would you prefer for all the activities to be planned out where you follow them to a schedule or would you prefer to leave the schedule free and do as you feel in the moment each day?
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:46 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 1339, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
That I must see beyond the mundane through the power of the Echo.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:48 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1341, Ame wrote:
In post 1339, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
That I must see beyond the mundane through the power of the Echo.
Indeed, this is the path of truth and wisdom. If you see that which has already come to pass, you know you have reached the Echo.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1340, Ame wrote:pops if you were going on a week long vacation would you prefer for all the activities to be planned out where you follow them to a schedule or would you prefer to leave the schedule free and do as you feel in the moment each day?
It's definitely the second one. When I visited my cousin in New York for a week last year, I wandered around the city while she was in class, just trying to stumble upon cool shops and restaurants. I let last minute social engagements with her friends come up that she allowed me to tag along to, and I liked it better than if I had known in advance. I try to keep minimal itinerary on all of my vacations.

Did you have a guess how I'd respond?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

"What about you" is implicit btw
"Well, I..."
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:22 am

Post by Paragon »

So, I think I might have the virus so gonna have to low-effort while I recover. I'll still be reading, just not very deeply. Sorry!
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:33 am

Post by Paragon »

popsofctown, I meant no shade by it, I actually find them very interesting! A more fitting word would've been "complex". Some of your reads are things I just never would've thought of no matter how many times I read the post in question.

5 hours is plenty of time to clear my mind! https://youtu.be/3ts8ZU9F1Q0?t=5. Okay, I might have a problem.

Have you tried playing Hearthstone in German? It makes the game very entertaining.
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Taly »

Time to start with the person I'm voting.

Spoiler: Y'shtola ISO
Link/Early Section

-
Tbh, the only thing that pings me about
Y'shtola's
opening post/engagement with me: , , , and is that she doesn't take accountability for her vote, nor does she use it as a basis to solve anyone or assert a read. I do like her openness to engage, yet there's no initiation. This could be playstyle, though.

-
is again, me thinking that her approach is likelier newer town. Her posts aren't deceptive, they're just not quite critical. are all straight forward interactions, which bare little substance, though
doesn't feel like it'd come from S/S with
Alo
since there's no assumptions about each other's feel of the slot.
outlines her motivation for wanting to help a player (me wagon
Fuzzy
), but my exercise for asking her vote was more to help see her approach and POV of the game - this could come from either alignment, I feel.
is bothersome since it has no conclusion on
Alo's
alignment despite posting about him, but I think it's likelier town-indicative of at least one of them, I'd think scum's wishy-washy stance on a partner would've been harsher and more difficult to follow.
223 and 224
aren't much beyond
Y'shtola
asking and clarifying, which is alright.

shows a depth of thought in her reads;
Paragon
listed that I'm solving in good faith,
Ame
is town via meta, and that
Wiisp
is playing unwise for scum based on his thinking -
Y'shtola
doesn't find these as reasons to think someone is town and even refrains from judging
Pops' 1v1 with me
as specifically towny or scummy. Now, if she was saying
"these 3 or 4 cannot be towny or scummy based on
Paragon's
reasoning"
, I'd feel like
Y'shtola's
passivity is agenda-based, but she's making observations here and not discrediting townreads that she doesn't quite feel herself.

illustrates a town-minded behavior.

-
I had to quote this post so people can explicitly see this:
In post 392, Yshtola Rhul wrote:I don't believe that testing something that is proven to be impossible will be a worthwhile contribution to the game. I will vote popsofctown only if I feel I need to in order to advance the game or because I am entirely convinced that she is a Sin Eater.
In a world regardless of
Pop's/Paragon's
alignment - especially in relation to each other - the fact that
Y'shtola
just disregards any reason to vote someone outside of what she deems as appropriate is actually quite towny. I feel like during the
Pops/Paragon
wagon/scumread conflict with
Rabid/Robb
Y'shtola
-scum would capitalize on this with a push - but doesn't. solidifies her stance here.
In post 433, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 429, eyestott wrote:Am I going crazy? How on earth is it that TWO SEPARATE PEOPLE are claiming posting restrictions in a normal game?
It can’t be a coincidence can it?

Pedit: I give up. VOTE: Popsofctown
Will remove my vote once Yshtola votes Beyoncé here
Pops is joking.
Paragon is pretending that his self-imposed restriction is official.

It is as simple as that.
Another quote that had to be seen.
Y'shtola
cool-headedly assessing the claims like this while 4+ players arguing is either very perceptive town or really good scum - and I'm leaning on town from her ISO so far.

is a bit odd from
Y'shtola
because she pretty much just voted
Pops
because
Ame
said she was scum and
Y'shtola
hadn't voiced a townread on
Ame
or spoke to her much until this point... and
Y'shtola
gave me the impression from her early posts that
pops
could be towny.. This was AFTER my
Taly V Paragon
posting spree where I scumread
{Fuzzy/Pops/Paragon}
collectively, so I want to know if that prompted her
Pops
vote and/or if her read of
Ame
was the tipping point. This doesn't ping me enough to push on her, though.

-
but I guess
Pops
isn't scum? Was the vote to advance the game? This is where
Y'shtola's
posting can become unclear. gets a +1 from me because I didn't like that
Luca
entered the thread focusing on why he shouldn't be suspected because of
Rabid's
replace-out which is always policy NAI to me. I think
Luca's
AtE here was justifiably rebuked. But I do agree with
Y'shtola's
approach change in because
Luca
gave valid reasons between the difference of
Rabid
-scum and
Rabid
-town frustration.

I don't dislike parts of
Luca's
entrance because of his reasoning, but why he felt the need to defend himself. This might change when I ISO him.

-
;
is where I think she speaks about
Luca
which makes sense given her previous posting.
is where I think she is trying to figure out where my feelings are coming from, so that's alright.
is meh so I wish she at least said why she didn't feel the need to comment, could be considered dismissive of her.
is a vote on a player that I had little doubt who would flake out at that point in the game, but I see no issue with it. is vague but whatever, nothing unusual.
You know, in a gamestate where only 4-6 people have consistently posted and bit at each other for 20+ pages, where
Y'shtola
says scum wouldn't be so vocal is a valid gamestate read.

Major Insight

Tbh at this moment,
Y'shtola
only makes sense as scum if she has
AT LEAST ONE PARTNER
in
{Luca/Ame/Pops/Paragon}
by
1007's
post and the consistent suspicion on her from the more active players to be bus-minded. But then again, I think
Y'shtola
is town based off what I'm seeing, so this is just a boundary on the realities I can see her as scum.

I don't know,
Y'shtola
being scum in a reality that's not like the above... like bravo, how the fuck can this be faked? I want to be challenged on this.

is probably the chillest manner someone's responded to my pushes this game, much calmer than
Pops/Paragon/Fuzzy
so I'm not bothered by this, tbh.

Quote/Recent Section

In post 1071, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 1018, Taly wrote:LOL
eyestott
that sounds fun.

I'm busy studying atm but I'm glad you are doing well.

Y'shtola
, I want a readslist
The Warriors of Light within this game are in a state of confusion. Our focus should be on our future, towards the world that will soon cease to be if we are not able to rid of it the Sin Eaters housed within. However, they are instead focused on our petty quarrels, those which will cease to matter in our hour of reckoning. Do those who live only for paradise have immunity to the world collapsing under the weight of the excess light? Indeed not! However, there are those who would still cling to these pleasures in their final hours to deny their fate. As such, there are those here who would deny their fate in turn, bickering amongst themselves while the Sin Eaters reach their blighted touch across our land, corrupting those within their path unfortunate enough to be in their way.

These aethers shine brightly, those who would fight for their own world. True Warriors of Light are these, as the Sin Eaters flinch away and other Warriors of Light stand tall, trusting in their own virtue to shield them from the inner strength radiating from the blessing within their foes. Sin Eaters cannot hold long against such might, at least, unless they are in the presence of a Lightwarden. However, I will dispense of such possibilities for the moment. The truth of the matter is that your focus is splintered across too many places at once. If you wish to see the world for how it is, rather than from your own simplified view, then cast aside your doubts and your squabbles and join me in the fight. I wish only to save our world, and I need Warriors of Light to lead the charge.

As evidence, you know within your heart that those who fight you directly are Warriors of Light. Who flinches at your gaze? Who wishes to remain unseen through and through, seeking to corrupt us while we sleep as we forget their presence within the daylight? Seek your prey there, for you will find it. Do not search for a Lightwarden. Such a search is a fruitless endeavor while there are Sin Eaters afoot in any case.

Do I have your pledge of assistance, Warrior of Light? If you wish to banish the light threatening to destroy our world, I ask only for your hand in friendship. Only together may we triumph.
In post 1072, Yshtola Rhul wrote:These last two pages are saddening. Why must Warriors of Light quarrel so?
So the gist of what I get from her is that all the people directly bickering or engaging in arguments with each other trying to sort the game out are most probably town.

This reinforces the insight I garnered in
about her, but still makes me think she's town for this. If you replace
Warriors of Light
with
Town
and
Sin Eaters
with
Scum
and reread her largest posts, her thought process and reads are pretty straight forward.
In post 1145, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 1117, Taly wrote:also
yshtola
do me a favor and actually provide reads, it can't be that much of a stretch, if you somehow need help forming them after 45 pages then you have to hold my hand and point out how to help you. I can't rationalize how you can be town until you do.
I have made my strides towards defeating the Sin Eaters, and my work has been shown when asked for. If you would ignore my warnings and give no passing thought to my further posting, then there is little more we can discuss. I will find others to aid in the quest. If you wish to avoid this, listen as well as read. The answers you seek have already been revealed to you.
"yo, townread, I'm not going to waste time explaining myself when you aren't critically reading me so let me do me, and you get to work"
which I seriously spiritually connect to this response.
In post 1321, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 1249, Churros wrote:My energy for mafia is too low this night already, I'll come back later.

By the way Yshtar I know you love wagons and seems to think math is towny for some reason so...

wink wink

killing woopers is a fun sport
You do a poor job of hiding yourself.
In post 1324, Yshtola Rhul wrote:Is there justice within this world? My heart says yes, the time of redemption for our world is at hand, and our actions today will create that world we seek. We needs only grasp it.

UNVOTE: Churros
VOTE: TheFuzzylogic99
I'm really wondering what she's thinking of
Churros
, because I see the implication of a scumread that dissipated slightly, but I WANT to read more into this?

But I want to see how the interaction between
Y'shtola-Churros
evolve.
In post 1336, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 1335, popsofctown wrote:Explain how you pick who to follow, Miss Y'shtola. You're implying you've picked me. Why?

While Warriors of Light continue to bicker and quarrel, I will not follow them. It falls to those who see beyond the mundane that are truly fit to lead in these times. The power of the Echo is what decides this, for the truth is known through it.
This post makes everything about
Y'shtola's
ISO and approach have more sense to it.

She's not gamesolving by aligning cases because she's oriented to working with the game thread and seeing the nuances between people, and push when nobody else voices a thought, or if her townread is giving an assessment. Her passivity isn't scum-indicative since she actually provides depth to her thinking.

I actually think her vagueness with terminology and flavor serves as a barrier for scum. I think scum-aligned players are more inclined to ignore or paint her posts as too "out there" and push it as a narrative on why she's scum.

For the things that DO seem ambiguous or potentially scum-indicative, they aren't in high enough mass or volume for me to want a lynch here. I think it's better to just read
Y'shtola
more critically without blankly saying she's ineffective because she isn't as brash as most players here. The lack of voice behind this train of thought on her make me feel she's likelier town.

I don't want
Y'shtola's
lynch.

UNVOTE:

Y'shtola,
hear me out, as the Tiger Clan Ambassador:

Do you wish to join me in restoring the good faith of our gracious Warriors of Light, and band together through these grim times to incapacitate those who work to defile our alliances? Are you prepared to aid me as my equal to discover the Sin Eaters?

non-game side note

Paragon wrote:So, I think I might have the virus so gonna have to low-effort while I recover. I'll still be reading, just not very deeply. Sorry!
omg, please take care of yourself
paragon <3
:/ be aware of your body and don't take unnecessary risks.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Taly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Taly »

Conclusion Summary of Y'shtola:
Above everything, unless I'm horribly, horribly misled and that her playstyle actually births from a malicious perspective - which is really hard to identify since she has maybe 1-2 games max - she feels very confidently town to me and I'd defend her lynch, tbh.

Next Up On Taly's ISO Journey That He Scrambles to Finish!

Fuzzy
is probably next just out of ease in reading his ISO due to low post count,
NDMath
too but I want to hold off until I sort others,
Churros
in same boat.

I have a soul townread on
Wiisp
and I'm afraid so I need to get that shit checked.

Pops/Paragon
have the largest ISOs and people I'm most biased with based off 1v1s preflip so I'll get to them but fuck, not sure if I'm looking forward to that lol

I need a MUCH better hold on
Ame/Luca
than I do now.

I literally forgot
Alo
was in this game so I'm worried, tbh.

Stay tuned for a critical reading of
eyestott
!
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:56 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Stop, pagetop time