Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:17 am

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 2.1
Blair
(1):
Dunnstral
(1):

Not voting
(6): CantLynchAPuppy, midwaybear, ready2rock, Mafia Goon, Nosferatu, Battle Mage

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to launch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-08-16 21:37:00)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:18 am

Post by Blair »

I guess people can check for themselves, then, since I can't exactly quote other ongoing games in here.

You had other posts, in other games, between your last post in this thread and the end of the phase.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:41 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 373, ready2rock wrote:What's the case on ydrasse? I have her as slight town right now
In post 497, ready2rock wrote:OK put some thought into it, and have 3 thoughts

1. I trust IV and the way he cc'ed
2. I'm trusting of what other people are saying about setup stuff since quite a few people are coming to similar conclusions
3. I think trying to rush to an elim of anyone else at this stage of the day would be
really
bad for town

So all of these lead me to VOTE: Ydrasse
yeah midway is right, this progression does look kinda weak
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

VOTE: Nosferatu

V/LA for weekend
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:18 am

Post by ready2rock »

In post 527, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 373, ready2rock wrote:What's the case on ydrasse? I have her as slight town right now
In post 497, ready2rock wrote:OK put some thought into it, and have 3 thoughts

1. I trust IV and the way he cc'ed
2. I'm trusting of what other people are saying about setup stuff since quite a few people are coming to similar conclusions
3. I think trying to rush to an elim of anyone else at this stage of the day would be
really
bad for town

So all of these lead me to VOTE: Ydrasse
yeah midway is right, this progression does look kinda weak
I made 4 posts in between this

So I guess yeah, the progression looks pretty weak if you take away, y'know, any context of a progression

For the record, I didn't have her read as scum based on the content of her posts at all, nothing really jumped out to me (aside from what I said at 387, which wasn't clear cut enough to me to sway me to a vote), so I don't think I would've voted her if it hadn't been for IV counter claiming

And to answer your question earlier, I think off wagon is more likely, mostly because I read most of the people on wagon as town atm, while the people off wagon have largely been null to scum for me
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 529, ready2rock wrote:I made 4 posts in between this

So I guess yeah, the progression looks pretty weak if you take away, y'know, any context of a progression
Good point.

*checks context*
In post 391, ready2rock wrote:I mean if I'm outvoted then I'm outvoted, but I think Dunn looks way scummier, and while I think MG's point is the most solid against ydarsse right now, I'm still not convinced

How has Dunn provided any help or benefit to the town? The reason I held off on a scumread or vote was to give him the time to start scumhunting or posting any substantial content, and he just...hasn't
If Dunnstral is Town, Ready2rock looks bad here.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I think your push on me is particularly weak

It's true I was active on site after I posted in here, but nothing interesting was happening at the time

The counterclaim came something like 4 hours later
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Townie
Mafia Goon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Mafia Goon »

Morning, fellows. First impression: I'm sus of redrock and Blair for yesterday, with some tingly feelings that it could be Launchy. The tingles might be feelings of friendship though, so bear with me on that one.

Will post more tomorrow.
Hectic
Mafia Goon
Mafia Goon
Townie
Mafia Goon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Mafia Goon »

VOTE: redrock
Hectic
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by ready2rock »

In post 457, Blair wrote:
In post 452, innocentvillager wrote:I am only as confident as the information I am getting from you guys
I don't like this.

Retracting intent.

He's counter-claiming without telling us his role
or
taking any responsibility for the outcome.

I'd rather launch Dunnstral today and let the PR claims self-sort.
I mean you held this opinion even after the claims came out, so if I'd come out looking bad what would that say about you?

Also, someone earlier brought up Ydarsse's interactions with dunn, what do you make of them and how does it affect your read on dunn?
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by ready2rock »

Previous post is to Blair if that wasn't clear

@Dunn, do you have some substantial reason/case for voting Blair? Because it's feeling pretty OMGUS to me right now
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by midwaybear »

yeah, why is Blair scummy?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 534, ready2rock wrote:
In post 457, Blair wrote:
In post 452, innocentvillager wrote:I am only as confident as the information I am getting from you guys
I don't like this.

Retracting intent.

He's counter-claiming without telling us his role
or
taking any responsibility for the outcome.

I'd rather launch Dunnstral today and let the PR claims self-sort.
I mean you held this opinion even after the claims came out, so if I'd come out looking bad what would that say about you?

Also, someone earlier brought up Ydarsse's interactions with dunn, what do you make of them and how does it affect your read on dunn?
Of all the ways scum could try to set themselves up to un-bus, that would have to be the worst.

My progression there was clear and reasonable: I asked him a reasonable question (for which my preferred answer was clear), he gave the wrong answer anyway, and I lowered my confidence in his counterclaim accordingly.

If the above was my genius scum Master Plan™ to un-bus my partner, it was awfully risky given that he could have mucked it up by answering with the confidence I was asking him for.

Scum comes up with their own out there (like you did), they don't leave themselves at the mercy of a Town PR to give them one.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by ready2rock »

In post 463, innocentvillager wrote:@blair I mean sure you can launch me tomorrow if this doesn’t flip red lol. I’ve told you I’m a full Neapolitan Gunsmith or Cop. I don’t really understand setup spec. What else do you need from me
So this went unresponded to and wasn't good enough for you, apparently
In post 476, innocentvillager wrote:

Moderator:
ThinkBig
Current Update:
Game Over [Awaiting Archiving]

Player List:
  1. SergTacos,
    Vanilla Townie
    , killed night 2
  2. Klazam,
    Vanilla Townie
    , survived
  3. Trivium,
    Vanilla Townie
    , lynched day 2
  4. Umlaut
    replaced Boonskiies
    Town Odd-Night Cop
    , lynched day 4
  5. TwoFace,
    Vanilla Townie
    , killed night 4
  6. Empiricus,
    Vanilla Townie
    , survived
  7. Mulch,
    Vanilla Townie
    , survived
  8. Carcalilly,
    Mafia Odd-Night Roleblocker
    , killed night 1
  9. Tchill13,
    Mafia Goon
    , lynched day 1
  10. Fykus,
    Mafia Goon
    , lynched day 5
  11. Branson,
    Vanilla Townie
    , lynched day 3
  12. Vedith
    replaced shuffleplay
    Town Vigilante
    , killed night 1
  13. Dunkerdoodles,
    Town Gunsmith
    , killed night 3
This was the only instance I found in the Normal Setups where a Town Gunsmith was in the same setup as a Town Modified Regular Cop. Thoughts?
And this was followed a few posts later by you trying to get momentum on a counter-wagon going

I'd still like my second question answered btw about Dunn
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

For the record, I didn't have her read as scum based on the content of her posts at all, nothing really jumped out to me (aside from what I said at 387, which wasn't clear cut enough to me to sway me to a vote), so I don't think I would've voted her if it hadn't been for IV counter claiming

And to answer your question earlier, I think off wagon is more likely, mostly because I read most of the people on wagon as town atm, while the people off wagon have largely been null to scum for me
I admit that all I did was ctrl-f your iso for "Ydrasse," but I don't see anything else that shows much more of a progression. Blair's point about you v Dunn feels good too. This post has an edge of too much defense in it, and I'm trying to decide if that's town or not
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Now thinking Blair and Dunn are talking past each other, which is not the same as declaring they're TvT, but I'm not sure that's an argument I'm willing to let the whole day be spent on
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by ready2rock »

In post 539, CantHateAPuppy wrote:

I admit that all I did was ctrl-f your iso for "Ydrasse," but I don't see anything else that shows much more of a progression. Blair's point about you v Dunn feels good too. This post has an edge of too much defense in it, and I'm trying to decide if that's town or not
I explained the progression in my last post, but I'll state it again if it wasn't clear. I was definitely in the camp of Dunn looking scummier, and wanting to push for him to be launched, and probably would've continued to be until the end of the day (as evidenced by my next two posts). Then, the cc happened and was very believable to me, and that made me have to rethink my readings and decide what I thought was the best thing to do, and eventually I decided that not hammering would open the floodgates for some last second flash wagon to try to go on someone, which would have close to zero chance of actually catching someone, and so I liked the chances of IV telling the truth and Ydarsse being successfully cc'ed better.

I think the reason it might feel off to you is because my vote was not really based much on my read of Ydarsse herself, and more on everything surrounding it
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 538, ready2rock wrote:I'd still like my second question answered btw about Dunn
The only interaction between Dunnstral and Ydrasse that I consider noteworthy at this point is when Dunnstral stated intent to hammer on Ydrasse - but Ydrasse claimed Cop two posts later so it really just doubles down my confirmation bias that it looked coordinated.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Blair »

(Remember he tried to grab town cred afterward because he claimed scum!Dunn would have quickhammered Ydrasse - now that we know Ydrasse was scum, I suggest those of you who granted him town points for that promptly revoke them)
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

lmao all this to leave dunn to lurk to victory

that seems losing by force im ngl
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:58 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 535, ready2rock wrote:Previous post is to Blair if that wasn't clear

@Dunn, do you have some substantial reason/case for voting Blair? Because it's feeling pretty OMGUS to me right now
In post 536, midwaybear wrote:yeah, why is Blair scummy?
Her push isn't something she believes in

And she's seen me as scum before
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:58 am

Post by Blair »

Supposing for a moment that you actually were innocent.

Your argument is, "Blair couldn't possibly misread me like this."

:|
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:57 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

But I could!
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:57 am

Post by Nosferatu »

apathy kicking town ass rn
In post 268, Ydrasse wrote:also ngl reading this game feels like i'm looking at a blob of "meh" with a few light trs (hi inno, hi blair) thrown in there which makes parsing through it all feel like my brain is turning into goo. i don't know what that means mafia is doing other than either blending in or just... not playing right now which means we're all kind of half-heartedly pointing fingers at each other hoping something sticks.

that sentiment implicates nosferatu, dunn and r2r if going off of like, strictly numbers. of them i like nosferatu the most bc of that dunn/blair thing. i think r2r isn't look the best but i vibed with some of their points regarding bm thus the unvote. i don't think it's foolproof like they are town 100% of the time but i can follow their logic without having to twist and reach for it so i don't wanna vote them rn
peepin the meh block aka {launchy, midway, goon, battle mage}
In post 415, Umlaut wrote:
Vote Count 1.11
Ydrasse
(3): , ,
Dunnstral
(2): ,
Blair
(2): ,
Mafia Goon
(1):
midwaybear
(1):

Not voting
(1):

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to launch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-08-04 23:30:00)
In post 501, Umlaut wrote:
Vote Count 1.13 (FINAL)
Ydrasse
(6): , , , , ,
Blair
(1):
Mafia Goon
(1):
midwaybear
(1): ,

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to launch.
wagonomics say its the kidd
VOTE: battle mage
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:58 am