Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #7275 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 7251, popsofctown wrote:this is drunkpops

drunkpops is extremely sad that this is krazy's last game regardless of krazy's alignment

that is all
Concussed!gamma feels the same
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #7276 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:06 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 7268, Krazy wrote:VOTE: mastina
Why are we doing this right now? I thought the idea was to let Mastina live and have her protect our conftown in SS and force scum to kill her or fuck with the protect so that we kill her.

Either way, shes not the kill today. Ill fucking pull an Ari on people soon.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7277 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

oh if you mean the townread itself

it's a little gutty

I think there was something I could articulate if I looked back but I don't have the time right this second.
He's not townlock or anything
In post 7273, Krazy wrote:
In post 6897, Krazy wrote:
In post 6867, popsofctown wrote:Krazy do you think Menalque is a likely scum target and likely scum?
What do you mean by "likely scum target"?
@pops did I miss your response to that?
I don't think so
this was a typo, it was supposed to read "likely hider target and likely scum", that should be more coherent
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7278 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 7265, Krazy wrote:this is pretty interesting because gamma abuses meta a lot as scum, but this also feels like a way more convoluted thought process irt meta than I've seen from him before so if he is scum this game, I think he's doing a lot better, but this might actually just be an actual discussion of meta from town gamma?
I abuse meta as both aligns
Possibly more as one or another idk
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7279 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:08 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 6885, Krazy wrote:like I agree with this but *what did you mean* by this?
@Dann why did you ignore this?
In post 6893, Krazy wrote:so if maria's vote is scummy FYPOV why are you not unvoting me here?
In post 6890, Krazy wrote:I'm so confused by literally everything you have done today Pink Floof
Where is Pink Floof? :(
In post 7253, the worst wrote:i'm like openly inviting people to fight me if they disagree
I asked you specifically about mastina and Fire and I kinda feel like you gave me fuck all in terms of a specific response. Maybe I can check your iso and you said shit elsewhere but if you want people to disagree maybe don't ignore them or play little games when they ask you about specific reads
vote conspiracy
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7280 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:10 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 7276, Formerfish wrote:
Why are we doing this right now? I thought the idea was to let Mastina live and have her protect our conftown in SS and force scum to kill her or fuck with the protect so that we kill her.

I agree with this. Why waste a lynch on a claimed protective with a conftown out there?

The only thing that mastina has to agree on here is that the protect goes to SS 100% of the time. NO COINFLIP.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7281 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

krazy's new avi truly captures his aura
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #7282 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:11 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 7280, Iconeum wrote:
In post 7276, Formerfish wrote:

I agree with this. Why waste a lynch on a claimed protective with a conftown out there?

The only thing that mastina has to agree on here is that the protect goes to SS 100% of the time. NO COINFLIP.
Pretty sure she has already agreed to be leashed. And if she doesn't protect SS she dies, its fairly simple.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7283 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

No, mastina is on record saying she is coinflipping between SS and some other person she townreads.
"Well, I..."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7284 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Tbh who says scum doesn't have a strong man

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7285 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:15 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 7072, mastina wrote:
In post 6847, MariaR wrote:See, but I don't care. The flip gives me information and mastina is locked into keeping a conf town alive or she dies. So works for me
I think it is a bad idea for me to commit to protecting our conftown 100%, saying, "yes, I will be locked onto Something_Smart and only SS". While this will keep SS alive, it will also guarantee I don't die.

My preferred approach would be flipping a coin between protecting S_S and, say, GreyICE (to name a possible protection), with the understanding that if I protect the not-S_S option and S_S dies that I eat the lynch.

The coinflip approach at least gives us the chance of keeping Pine on his toes, keeping Pine guessing as to who I'll protect, rather than locking it into a known variable.

If it's left to random chance, then there's a 50% chance I fuck up and Pine gets everything he wants but there's a 50% chance Pine fucks up and town gets everything they want; I consider this probably better than a 100% chance of the status quo being maintained, so unless Ali tells me otherwise that'll be my plan tonight. Literally flip a coin. If heads, protecting Something_Smart; if tails, protecting someone who I think is a probable Pine nightkill.
@FF, that's not how I read her intentions. By 'choosing at random' a scum!Mastina can work around 'being leashed'. Mastina needs to agree on being leashed to protecting SS in order for this to work
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7286 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 7284, Gamma Emerald wrote:Tbh who says scum doesn't have a strong man
I'm fine with that because there's lots of universes where mastina's teammate is indeed a strongman
"Well, I..."
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7287 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:16 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 7085, the worst wrote:I've seen Fireb be dramatic and draw a lot of attention but this is actually blatantly taking a dump on the thread.
OK so this is your fire read?

Cause I think the only game he didn't take a dump on the game was Story Revisited. He was town there, but he was town in Merchant's Dance and Excalibur and he definitely dumped on both of those games. He also arguably dumped on Witches' Dance, but that's a lot more subjective and only really true for the perspective of the scum team so I'd say he dumps on games a lot more as town than as scum

That being said it's weird how anti-fun he's being here so maybe I can see it but given I wanted to discuss this read on you and specifically asked you about it and all you gave me was "I'm disappointed you don't already know" I'm not sure I agree that
In post 7253, the worst wrote:i'm like openly inviting people to fight me if they disagree
is actually what you're doing in terms of actions

Especially given I also wanted to know what specifically makes you think mastina broke her scum range, but as far as I can tell you've only said that but not really defended or explained it
vote conspiracy
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7288 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:17 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 7284, Gamma Emerald wrote:Tbh who says scum doesn't have a strong man
there's a bunch of roles that interfere. Strongman, roleblocker, jailkeeper etc.

But if mastina protects the conftown then we can somewhat control scum actions as well, which is a good thing

In short, do you really wanna lynch a claimed protective?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #7289 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:18 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 7283, popsofctown wrote:No, mastina is on record saying she is coinflipping between SS and some other person she townreads.
Ok, so I'll say I get that and I see it as more protown. If she says that she is for sure 100% going to be on SS then they can kill with impunity. By saying that there is a 50/50 shot they have to go to a third choice to make sure it goes through, and then they have to worry about who Mastina would be looking at as town, and Mastina has successfully fucked with scum on their night kill choice.

If SS dies, she dies. She can say she was on someone else and scum just got lucky, she'll still hang.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7290 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:18 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 7282, Formerfish wrote:Pretty sure she has already agreed to be leashed.
A) This is the opposite of what she agreed to
B) Leashing her does not solve her slot
C) Keeping SS alive does not win the game
D) Keeping mastina alive does not guarantee SS stays alive
vote conspiracy
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
White Knight
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7291 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:19 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 7265, Krazy wrote:Like, you've been all over the place on me, but even then this seems like you've never been this consistently wrong on me before.
A) Why the fuck do you care about fire's governor?
B) Once again, I talked about coins for ages in Merchant's Dance, so you of all people should not fucking think I "only talk about mech as scum" -- of the people in this list, you are one of the people who should BEST know that that argument is nonsense
C) You literally just saw me in Vengeful Ghosts. And this is "too angery" to be town Krazy?
D) You have like, never townread me for more than about 5 minutes in any game we've played together so saying you should be townreading me by now sounds fake
E) Why do I feel like you are selectively ignoring every game we have played together in your read on me?
A) I'd rather not waste a day phase? Why don't you care?
B) Yes. I also specifically remember you and other people discussion how talking about the coins for ages was scummy. Then you proceeded to do a whole lot more. I don't see you solving or forming reads in these big catch up posts. I see you quoting things and asking empty questions.
C) I didn't think you were angery in Vengeful Ghosts.
D) That's an objective lie? I town read you all throughout Merchant's Dance despite my paranoia. I fucking doc saved your slot twice in a row in Vengeful Ghosts. I know you're salty about how that game almost ended but I've town read you most of the time I've played with you.
E) See above.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7292 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:19 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 7288, Iconeum wrote:In short, do you really wanna lynch a claimed protective?
Boy I can't wait for literally every scum player we get a wagon on now to claim protective
vote conspiracy
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #7293 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:21 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 7290, Krazy wrote:
In post 7282, Formerfish wrote:Pretty sure she has already agreed to be leashed.
A) This is the opposite of what she agreed to
B) Leashing her does not solve her slot
C) Keeping SS alive does not win the game
D) Keeping mastina alive does not guarantee SS stays alive
1. ok, noted, rebuked.
2. ok, noted, rebuked.
3. ok, noted, disregarded.
4. ok, noted, accounted for.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7294 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:23 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 7291, Dannflor wrote:A) I'd rather not waste a day phase? Why don't you care?
B) Yes. I also specifically remember you and other people discussion how talking about the coins for ages was scummy. Then you proceeded to do a whole lot more. I don't see you solving or forming reads in these big catch up posts. I see you quoting things and asking empty questions.
C) I didn't think you were angery in Vengeful Ghosts.
D) That's an objective lie? I town read you all throughout Merchant's Dance despite my paranoia. I fucking doc saved your slot twice in a row in Vengeful Ghosts. I know you're salty about how that game almost ended but I've town read you most of the time I've played with you.
E) See above.
In what world do you let fucking firebringer gate the lynches? A day where firebringer gets to decide the lynch as an unknown IS a wasted day.

Give me an example of one of these "empty questions" rather than just making accusations

You didn't think I was angry in vengeful ghosts when I literally fucking lynched Boon just for being obstructionist?

You saved the other heads of my hydra in Vengeful Ghosts, let's be real

And Merchant's Dance you came back to paranoia on me a lot of times. Maybe we remember that game differently but I remember you saying you were "paranoid" about me basically through the whole game
vote conspiracy
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
White Knight

Post Post #7295 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:25 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 7279, Krazy wrote:
In post 6885, Krazy wrote:like I agree with this but *what did you mean* by this?
In post 6893, Krazy wrote:so if maria's vote is scummy FYPOV why are you not unvoting me here?
I didn't ignore it I just saw it and forgot about it because I couldn't respond right away.

1. The game is too large for me to have confident reads on every single slot. It's gotten better since D1 but the amount of players has also caused a bloat on the game that's made it difficult to play and apparently for some players to be invested. It's just too large. Idk how much more you want me to explain on that

2. It's scummy but I'm not scum reading Maria right now. Even if I was, I feel like that question answers itself? Like, maybe if I saw a mass of scummy votes head your way I'd rethink your alignment more. One bad not-even-a-vote from someone I have a mixed read on doesn't really say too much about your alignment.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7296 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

ermergerd the meta 1v1s in the large theme
"Well, I..."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
White Knight

Post Post #7297 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:26 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 7294, Krazy wrote:Maybe we remember that game differently but I remember you saying you were "paranoid" about me basically through the whole game
I mean I remember you doing that to me. And that in turn making me paranoid about you.

I feel like we had a mutual town read that was just fucked up with paranoia.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
White Knight

Post Post #7298 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:28 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 7294, Krazy wrote:Give me an example of one of these "empty questions" rather than just making accusations
ok

how do you agree with me saying "this game is too large" but not know what I mean by that

and why did that post in particular get your attention

and how does questioning what I mean help sort me

it feels like a question you ask just to ask
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7299 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:28 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 7263, popsofctown wrote:what if i just naively townlock you because half your d2 play and all your d1 play is enough for me

are you gonna complain like firebringer if i never iso you
no

reading fireb's ISO is like brushing your teeth with a nail file

just make sense of what you do read from me