Mini Normal 2109 | Newbie Quotes II: Newb Boogaloo (Day 3)

Forum rules
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:57 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 566, Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 564, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 550, Dolly Parton wrote:
Mini Normal 2109 | Newbie Quotes II: Newb Boogaloo

DAY 1 - DUEL

Dolly Parton
vs.
Jake The Wolfie

Cast your VOTE: wisely!

VOTE: Jake The Wolfie
VOTE: Dolly Parton

This “duel” thing and “if you vote me you’re scum” is much scummier than anything Invisible has done. Therefore, I will vote Dolly.

This is L-1

However, I would like to give her a chance to defend herself before anyone hammers.
I have already claimed. VT. I want you to compare me with Jake and not Invis for your vote. If you still want to vote me, I'll accept it. Just remember when i flip VT that Jake has to go tomorrow.
Very well. You are scummy for starting both this duel and the “vote me and you’re scum” thing. It is scummy because it artificially attempts to stop people voting you, and is very illogical reasoning for why people can be scum. In addition, claiming that anyone not voting you is scum allows you to have 9 scumreads. It also puts those 9 people in an unwinnable position: vote Dolly and you’re scum, or don’t vote Dolly and still be scum.
You also did scummy things in the past, like the fake mason claim,

However, Jake is not scummy. His play is very similar to when he was town in my last game. However, I understand this is a meta-argument, and so is easily fakeable. He was also the first to call Dolly out about the “vote me and you’re scum” and makes valid arguments against it.

Even if Jake was null for me, it would be better to vote Dolly because of all the scummy things she’s done. Therefore, I voted Dolly.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:00 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 573, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 572, Dolly Parton wrote:Lie detector is NOT a normal role.

Scum claim #3
You're right, I'm a Disloyal Doctor.
How does that work? Wouldn’t you only be able to use your ability on mafia?
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton
Goon
Dolly Parton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:01 pm

Post by Dolly Parton »

In post 575, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 566, Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 564, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 550, Dolly Parton wrote:
Mini Normal 2109 | Newbie Quotes II: Newb Boogaloo

DAY 1 - DUEL

Dolly Parton
vs.
Jake The Wolfie

Cast your VOTE: wisely!

VOTE: Jake The Wolfie
VOTE: Dolly Parton

This “duel” thing and “if you vote me you’re scum” is much scummier than anything Invisible has done. Therefore, I will vote Dolly.

This is L-1

However, I would like to give her a chance to defend herself before anyone hammers.
I have already claimed. VT. I want you to compare me with Jake and not Invis for your vote. If you still want to vote me, I'll accept it. Just remember when i flip VT that Jake has to go tomorrow.
Very well. You are scummy for starting both this duel and the “vote me and you’re scum” thing. It is scummy because it artificially attempts to stop people voting you, and is very illogical reasoning for why people can be scum. In addition, claiming that anyone not voting you is scum allows you to have 9 scumreads. It also puts those 9 people in an unwinnable position: vote Dolly and you’re scum, or don’t vote Dolly and still be scum.
You also did scummy things in the past, like the fake mason claim,

However, Jake is not scummy. His play is very similar to when he was town in my last game. However, I understand this is a meta-argument, and so is easily fakeable. He was also the first to call Dolly out about the “vote me and you’re scum” and makes valid arguments against it.

Even if Jake was null for me, it would be better to vote Dolly because of all the scummy things she’s done. Therefore, I voted Dolly.
I want to ADD. It is not a SCUM CLAIM to vote me in the context of this duel. Those comments about voting me and you ar escum were from before the DUEL started.
If you want to vote me over Jake, you can freely do so without being scumread for it. But I want you to seriously think about it before lynching VT Dolly.
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton
Goon
Dolly Parton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:02 pm

Post by Dolly Parton »

In post 576, SausasaurusRex wrote:

Scum claim #3
He's trolling. But I can't complain about it, I made a fake mason claim. Still, we are in the DUEL phase so it's unnecessary at this time.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:03 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Scum claim #3
Hey, if it's bad it's me. But I'm not that. I'm a werewolf, for obvious reasons.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 579, Jake The Wolfie wrote:

Scum claim #3
Hey, if it's bad it's me. But I'm not that. I'm a werewolf, for obvious reasons.
Jake can you make an actual claim please?
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:11 pm

Anyway, the total reasons that I've compiled that I'm apparently scum (by Dolly)

I voted them

I voted them x2

I Unvoted them

I joke claimed

I joke claimed x2

I joke claimed x3
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:12 pm

In post 580, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 579, Jake The Wolfie wrote:

Scum claim #3
Jake can you make an actual claim please?
All you need to know is that I am a Vanilla Town.
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton
Goon
Dolly Parton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:12 pm

Post by Dolly Parton »

In post 581, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Anyway, the total reasons that I've compiled that I'm apparently scum (by Dolly)

I voted them

I voted them x2

I Unvoted them

I joke claimed

I joke claimed x2

I joke claimed x3
This is not that simple. I called on scum to vote me next and you couldn't resist. Your ego will be your downfall. Sorry it's just how it is. Maybe next time.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:19 pm

In post 583, Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 581, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Anyway, the total reasons that I've compiled that I'm apparently scum (by Dolly)

I voted them

I voted them x2

I Unvoted them

I joke claimed

I joke claimed x2

I joke claimed x3
This is not that simple. I called on scum to vote me next and you couldn't resist. Your ego will be your downfall. Sorry it's just how it is. Maybe next time.
So.. I'm egotistical therefore scum? I don't follow.
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton
Goon
Dolly Parton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:21 pm

Post by Dolly Parton »

In post 584, Jake The Wolfie wrote:

I voted them

I voted them x2

I Unvoted them

I joke claimed

I joke claimed x2

I joke claimed x3
Your ego got the best of you when I called scum to vote me and your voted for me directly afterwards. You wanted to scum claim just to lol in post game.

We won't fall for it! We won't be the fool! Not now. Not ever.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:25 pm

In post 585, Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 584, Jake The Wolfie wrote:

I voted them

I voted them x2

I Unvoted them

I joke claimed

I joke claimed x2

I joke claimed x3
Your ego got the best of you when I called scum to vote me and your voted for me directly afterwards. You wanted to scum claim just to lol in post game.

We won't fall for it! We won't be the fool! Not now. Not ever.
Also, you have spoken more than 0 times before the end of game. Therefore you're scum. Too bad your ego got the best of you.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:41 pm

Post by Wake1 »

alimdia
Please tell me again why you're voting Invisibility in . : Do you think rb could be Scum and is tunneling Dolly? I agree with the first half of , but I'd like you to guess as to why I don't agree with your second half of it. On I think we should talk more about you thinking Dolly should be Townread regarding rb's behavior. I like that you also caught that in ; want to join me in pressuring this? Not sure I like your ... Also, why did you join on Jake's wagon in ? I too would like to see Invisibility expand on .

Arkias
You seem eager to find a reason in to join the Invisibility wagon. I like because I agree with all of it. : It can be whatever; don't let people tell you how to play the game. Could you please briefly explain your gut-vote in ?

Billy Pilgrim
: Regarding Dolly, Invisibility, and Jake, who would you vote if you had to, and why? I think the better reason to vote Dolly would be , Billy, if she doesn't explain herself.

Dolly Parton
Not particularly liking your . For the record meta-wise, I never do Mason claims. Although I am still curious why you would target me for that claim. : In no way does that make me ObvTown, and I don't think it's reasonable for Town-You to really have that notion this early in the game. I agree with . You know, for someone being Scumread for a fake Mason claim, you appear eager to vote Invisibility for a perceived Scumslip (). : I don't like this. : What? I REALLY don't like , and I could hammer you right now for it but I want an explanation from you on this. Please explain . : Noted. Somehow I'm not convinced by . I don't like the "reasoning" behind . I need you to thoroughly respond to please.

eth0s
I don't like your vote in because to me it feels opportunistic. Do you currently support Jake's lynch? Regarding , how are you reading him currently? On I don't think he's had a completed Scum-game yet, so we don't know alimdia's Scum-meta. : Alimdia should not be above scrutiny, and Uzi has done barely anything this game.

Invisibility
Not liking your . Sarcasm rarely translates well on text. I agree with ; a joke Mason claim does not a Scum make. Please tell me more your reasoning behind . I like . : A good question, and not a fair thing to really ask, especially during Day 1.

Jake The Wolfie
Please tell me again how Invisibility was quicklynching you in . I do however like your response to eth0s in . Only Scum self-votes to help themselves, so as Town you should never do that in . : Are you new to Mafia? I agree with . I also agree with . I can't agree with . I agree there hasn't been much from that slot wrt . I agree with , in that Dolly does appear to be doing a lot of shade-throwing.

Joey_
Please elaborate on . : That presumes you assume he is Town, which is knowledge you should not be having if you are Town. You should make it not a secret regarding , Joey.

Lil Uzi Vert
OK, I do not like , because you are way too quick to join the wagon: I want to know why
you
are voting Dolly. I can agree with .
I need to hear more from you, Uzi.

rb
I'm not that convinced it was a slip, rb (). I wouldn't mind seeing Rex pressured more. So confident you seem in . I'm liking the latter half of . Unsure the reason for the Dolly vote in but I'm assuming it was a reaction test. I find your overconfidence in disturbing: you know Town is not informed, so if you're uninformed confidence is not something you should have (especially during the early part of Day 1). : Obviously if they were to flip Scum you would deal with the consequences. I don't recall getting a reaction from you regarding my . seems completely unnecessary. In regards to , alimdia shouldn't be Townreading Dolly for that. : I'm still not convince Invisibility Scum-slipped, although I've been wrong before. I like that you picked up on that in . Regarding I still think pressuring Rex is a good idea.

SausasaurusRex
How well do you fare under pressure as Scum? Your vote on Dolly regarding the fakeclaim is, to me, opportunistic. In you meant fake-claim, not counter-claim, correct...? OK, you corrected yourself. I need you to be very specific regarding why you switched your vote from Dolly to Invisibility in . I agree with . : Good question. Not sure how to read .

tris
I agree with . I don't agree at all with , however. Are you saying in it does or doesn't? I think we should hear more from eth0s in general wrt . I can't agree with you on : sometimes it's way too difficult to sort players, especially early on. I do agree with.

Spoiler: Base Template
alimdia

Arkias

Billy Pilgrim

Dolly Parton

eth0s

Invisibility

Jake The Wolfie

Joey_

Lil Uzi Vert

rb

SausasaurusRex

tris
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton
Goon
Dolly Parton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:52 pm

Post by Dolly Parton »

In post 587, Wake1 wrote:
Dolly Parton
Not particularly liking your . For the record meta-wise, I never do Mason claims. Although I am still curious why you would target me for that claim. : In no way does that make me ObvTown, and I don't think it's reasonable for Town-You to really have that notion this early in the game. I agree with . You know, for someone being Scumread for a fake Mason claim, you appear eager to vote Invisibility for a perceived Scumslip (). : I don't like this. : What? I REALLY don't like , and I could hammer you right now for it but I want an explanation from you on this. Please explain . : Noted. Somehow I'm not convinced by . I don't like the "reasoning" behind . I need you to thoroughly respond to please.
I targeted you because you were active at the time.

I wanted to pressure Invis and the slip was the hot topic at the time.

I highly TR Alim. It's my most TR of all. A quick Alim lynch at that time would have gave us no info from VCA tomorrow.

I responded to 558 as much as I would like to.

I can't help that you don't believe it was a trap. But it was. And it worked. You can lynch me and I will flip
VT
. Then you can criticize my play all you want but just know that Jake and the remaining scum will be lolling all the way to the moon and back.

Did I miss anything?
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:18 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 587, Wake1 wrote:
SausasaurusRex
How well do you fare under pressure as Scum? Your vote on Dolly regarding the fakeclaim is, to me, opportunistic. In you meant fake-claim, not counter-claim, correct...? OK, you corrected yourself. I need you to be very specific regarding why you switched your vote from Dolly to Invisibility in . I agree with . : Good question. Not sure how to read
You say you want me to be very specific in why I switched my vote from Dolly to Invisiblity. Was not enough? I changed my vote because I thought Invisible’s slip was more of a scumtell than Dolly’s. This is because Dolly at least had a possible reason to fakeclaim - it
could
have gotten some information from you. However, Invisible’s slip had no town reasoning (I.e. there was no reason for town to do it), so I felt his was more scummy than Dolly’s. Therefore, I voted him.
I don’t think my initial vote on Dolly was opportunistic. I don’t believe there were anywhere near enough votes to lynch her when I voted her, and there was solid reasoning for why I though she was worthy of a vote.

What I want to hear from you, Wake, is some stances. You’ve said lots of things, commented on people’s play, and asked many questions, but you didn’t give a single solid read. Remaining nebulous to be able to change your reads later is a scumtell, no? Who is town, and who is scum?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:58 am

Post by rb »

yeah im not reading that
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:00 am

Post by rb »

if i have to follow a link and a link and another link in a post just to make it make sense, im not convinced the writer of the post is trying to be understood and will assume they're just doing busy work to look good without doing anything actually useful

i don't particularly care to lynch wake at this point

i also don't particularly care if he is lynched
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:01 am

Post by rb »

god this game is so full of bullshit right now
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:02 am

Post by rb »

oh is billy kcdaspot?

UNVOTE: billy pilgrim

ok then
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:05 am

Post by rb »

alright so

im okay with lynching: Dolly, Invisibility, Saus

i don't really have a clear direction on anyone yet unless i assume bad = scum

and yeah, it may well be
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:11 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 594, rb wrote:alright so

im okay with lynching: Dolly, Invisibility, Saus

i don't really have a clear direction on anyone yet unless i assume bad = scum

and yeah, it may well be
What put me on your lynchlist?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:11 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 590, rb wrote:yeah im not reading that
In post 591, rb wrote:if i have to follow a link and a link and another link in a post just to make it make sense, im not convinced the writer of the post is trying to be understood and will assume they're just doing busy work to look good without doing anything actually useful

i don't particularly care to lynch wake at this point

i also don't particularly care if he is lynched
Ah, so you're Scum or lazy Town.

I dislike people like that. They ask for reads and thoughts, you spend your time on it, and then some people have to be assholes and say they aren't even going to read it. Not cool.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:02 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 521, Dolly Parton wrote:eth0s and Joey are wild cards. Could go either way.
Weird pov, how am i a wild card ?
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:06 am

Post by alimdia »

um don't hammer. Also wake your questions to me will have to wait.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:08 am

Post by Joey_ »

Dolly you are fucking up the game and its a disservice for town