Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by Ame »

Every time I think you could be town you reverify that this is Guns & Roses II pops. But I'm having trouble with the solve. You/Luca/Para doesn't line up neither does any other set of...Oh.

OHHHHH
OHHH OHHH. I see. I see. It just hit me that there's probably not 3 mafia.

That's where I'm getting hung up.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Aloratom »

In post 845, popsofctown wrote:
In post 820, Aloratom wrote:
In post 791, Ame wrote:Alo you're talking around what I'm actually saying but I think you're town anyway. On a personal note, I appreciate your writing style. It's pleasing to read.

btw is it 'Alora Tom' or 'Alor Atom' or 'Al or Atom' or just 'Aloratom' or other?
Thank you for the note. :]

I'm good with any of the above names.
What about Alolan Tom, the Tom with a different typing and passive ability.
As a comment on my play style I can get on board with that for the most part.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 848, popsofctown wrote:Ame I'm not really trying to sort you because I think you're hard to read. It's a 12p where I probably won't run out of people to consider before I'm out of the game, which I'm cognizant seems it will be earlier than average. Providing a read to deadsheep would be actively harmful since you duped me in a recent day. I do have to try to figure you out and superar but I don't think that necessarily has to be day1.
Pedit:yes planned double posting ame this was slow to type up because I am playing by phone lying underneath a wonderful cat
It's weird because you and Taly should be able to read me the easiest here as you're the only ones familiar with my scum play. I think I should be obvious town to you I think. Your confusion regarding my read of you doesn't seem real.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 848, popsofctown wrote:I am playing by phone lying underneath a wonderful cat
sigh
pocketed
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 852, Ame wrote:
In post 848, popsofctown wrote:Ame I'm not really trying to sort you because I think you're hard to read. It's a 12p where I probably won't run out of people to consider before I'm out of the game, which I'm cognizant seems it will be earlier than average. Providing a read to deadsheep would be actively harmful since you duped me in a recent day. I do have to try to figure you out and superar but I don't think that necessarily has to be day1.
Pedit:yes planned double posting ame this was slow to type up because I am playing by phone lying underneath a wonderful cat
It's weird because you and Taly should be able to read me the easiest here as you're the only ones familiar with my scum play. I think I should be obvious town to you I think. Your confusion regarding my read of you doesn't seem real.
For someone who likes meta, this doesn't seem particularly data focused. I've correctly townread you by mid day 1 0/0 of our games, which means I never do it. It does also mean I always do it, but more importantly, I never do it.

Regardless of what it is I'm supposed to figure out I think you should be able to recognize at least some of the things (deliberately?) making your play inscrutable like announcing a greater than 100% confidence read on my slot early day 1.

I hate both the idea RC would design a 2 scum 12p and the idea that you assemble entire potential scumteams when doing your first lynch so I guess they cancel out
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by Ame »

My play is so drastically different from my scum game, I think you would pick up on it.

2 scum really changes things.

Pops/Para : Luca/Para : Luca/Taly

One of these is the scum team.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 854, popsofctown wrote:like announcing a greater than 100% confidence read on my slot early day 1.
This is exactly why you should be town leaning me. I understand paranoia would keep you from committing to a full town read, but I think town!pops would find the stark difference in my play here at least suggestive of me being town.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by Aloratom »

In post 855, Ame wrote:My play is so drastically different from my scum game, I think you would pick up on it.

Why just two scum? I realize there was a conversation about it earlier, but you sound pretty confident.

And are you basing the teams on associatives, scummy behavior or vote analysis?
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You started Purgatory with an extremely strong townread. I don't think those are categorically different. You had better reasoning in Purgatory though, which somehow means you should have a redder alignment in this game than that one. It's baffling.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 855, Ame wrote:My play is so drastically different from my scum game, I think you would pick up on it.

So you think me and Para are a likely team, when Rabid ragequit following Paragon’s post-restriction claim?

Seriously?
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 857, Aloratom wrote:

Why just two scum? I realize there was a conversation about it earlier, but you sound pretty confident.

And are you basing the teams on associatives, scummy behavior or vote analysis?
Just the fact that I can't form a 3 person team. This is a post I was working on before but canceled once I realized none of the pairings worked:

Spoiler:
I'm getting pretty close to the solve here. It's within pops, Luca, Para, Taly, Fuzzy.

Fuzzy =/= Taly , (also town indicative for Taly)
Hmm I thought before that pop v taly looked bussy but reviewing and I don't think so. pops =/= Taly
Para =/ Taly bottom of .
So Taly is town

pops, Luca, Para, Fuzzy.

Luca =/= Fuzzy
Fuzzy =/= Para , , , .
So Fuzzy is town.

pops, Luca, Para

Verifying...

Error pops =/ Luca based on the discussion regarding Rabid, especially and

Solve broken. Back to the drawing board.
In post 858, popsofctown wrote:You started Purgatory with an extremely strong townread. I don't think those are categorically different. You had better reasoning in Purgatory though, which somehow means you should have a redder alignment in this game than that one. It's baffling.
It means the opposite. There I was concerned with being town read. Here I am not. Taly recognized this. And it feels like you're deliberately avoiding that conclusion.
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by Ame »

@Luca
In post 842, Ame wrote:@Luca:
In post 809, Ame wrote:
In post 649, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 188, popsofctown wrote:Burden of good player was a vague reference, of like, holding people to different standards for how much pro-town content they should produce. I think if I posted my iso with a different username with a February 2020 cakeday I wouldn't be wagoned. But maybe I would, I don't know.
This feels more like scum frustration than Town frustration.
This was this the extent of your ISO? Also could you expand on your read of Math?
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by Wiisp »

Define really scummy for me, to someone that hasnt read any of his posts
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Luca Blight
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

You don’t have to keep quoting it, I’ll catch-up when I’m ready. Until then I’m dealing with present discussion only.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Ame is confidently wrong. RC would seem least likely to experiment with 2:10 while towns are farming 90% winrate town elo in NewD3 on a daily basis. And it's preferable that setups that start on evens have a manner of returning to odds, which would mean a 1-shot vig which is so strong against 2 scum everything else would have to be vanilla, or so many protectives it's expected on hits, which is again really strong. I've never heard of a 2:10 ever being run onsite. RC thinks towns are bad but it's unlikely at a base level and extra unlikely for those circumstantial reasons. I am kind of townreading that Ame is acting so wrong about it because launching a failing argument doesn't seem very helpful for her right now so I think he actually doesn't know the size of the scumteam (aside from the traitor universe where this is really overt traitor communication but Normal Queue traitors can't shoot so he'd still be a slot not to lynch).
"Well, I..."
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:05 pm

Post by Wiisp »

My above post is for Pops, on his statement on Math being really wolfy
I wanna know why, or if its stated already, I'll go find it at one point
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Wiisp »

Confidently wrong in what way?
I am disconnected, what are they wrong about?
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Ame »

pops you said there was a 20% chance. That seems significant enough for it to be the case
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 860, Ame wrote:
In post 858, popsofctown wrote:You started Purgatory with an extremely strong townread. I don't think those are categorically different. You had better reasoning in Purgatory though, which somehow means you should have a redder alignment in this game than that one. It's baffling.
It means the opposite. There I was concerned with being town read. Here I am not. Taly recognized this. And it feels like you're deliberately avoiding that conclusion.
lul, tfw you mimick the defining feature of the most heavily scumread slot in the game and get told "it should be obvious I don't care about getting townread and people like that should be townlocked". It's both a wrong thing, there's more complexity then that, you might be anticipating that impact, mafia is hard, and town!Taly correctly reading town!Ame can get all the accolades postgame he wants, I'm going to continue to read people I believe to have stronger scumgames cautiously and try to sort those nuances at the pace I can work it out.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 867, Ame wrote:pops you said there was a 20% chance. That seems significant enough for it to be the case
That was including traitor, iirc, or I was drunk. Full stop, just two scum heads, I'd say 3%
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Confidently wrong about # of scum
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 687, NDMath wrote:@tali I'm used to a site meta of using the majority of discussion time and I prefer playing that way.
In post 594, popsofctown wrote:
Does that mean you'll feel sad that you didn't understand me when I flip green, Ame?

I'm townreading Paragon. I figured out another one of his alts and am disappointed there are not as many separate wonderful people in existence as I previously thought but also by meta I think it gives me additional reason to be townreading him.
I share his frustration that preflip assoc reads are stupid, there is probably inherent validity to a gamestate read that Paragon is probably aligned with me, and people are just errantly presuming that it's S/S. Like I actually don't care way too much about getting mislynched here, I was starting to miss my day1 mislynch meta and I think there will be lots to read from the debris, but confbiasing into preflip assocs squanders the reads you can develop using this dayphase. Preflip assocs are inherently bad play because player's reads are actually very close to rand but psychologically they tend to feel more confident than that.
Taco seems kind of townish to me. Maybe, like on tone?
NDMath's catchup seemed scummy to me, though I'm not sure that's accurate omgus. Would like to see more from the slot.
Y'shtola's passivity is at a critical mass. I am not sure how it would ever be possible to townread her the way she's playing.
The further into this post I read the more I disliked it.

I disagree with Luca's argument about Rabid but I see no point in arguing it.
Luca Blight wrote:
In post 654, Ame wrote:
In post 596, Luca Blight wrote:How’ve I deviated from my town meta?
You have the most accurate scum reads of anyone I've played with so far on this site. Fuzzy is such a bad and opportunistic push. Although you did do the same thing with Aaron. I guess I have you in the BoP category in my mind so it pings me when you're pushing in the wrong direction.
This seems like a slip to me. There is nothing to suggest Fuzzy is Town, so why does Ame so firmly believe I’m pushing in the wrong direction? Ame had Fuzzy in her second bottom pile earlier and has since not updated her read. This stance makes no sense from town.
Opportunistic is a key word there.

The fifth time of rereading Ame's post I finally figured out what your point was. I agree now it doesn't make sense.
Projecting analysis rather than doing it is >scum then rand
Maybe this is just a player I'd scumread every time they roll anything.
Kanna just won some spicy normal queue mafia by rolling Mafia Gunsmith so I'd point out rolefishing himself is only "vanilla cop says no"-indicative, and that was the only remotely decent reason for perceiving him in a positive light.
I don't want to case or lynch him cause like it's not spicy, though. And maybe the replace-in timing is hurting him, I don't know.
"Well, I..."
Wiisp
Wiisp
Goon
Wiisp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by Wiisp »

12 players? most likely leads to there being 3 scum not 2
and if wolf!Ame worlds, I don't really see why they choose to talk about the amount of scum, or focusing on it possibly being 2?
thats my 2 cents
anyways, i'll c y'all whenever I decide to post again, I really need to find a place for my vote
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by Ame »

btw pops the reason why I'm fairly certain in my scum read is because every line in this is scum indicative.
In post 159, popsofctown wrote:Ame!

(1) I'm not digging into this game super easily so far.

Wiisp is becoming a townread, because of the reverse survivalism inherent in aggravating Robbnva without actually getting votes onto him (man part of me wants to abbreviate "Robbnva" but I have played with Rob14 before and that makes it feel kinda wrong?)

(2) I sympathize with Taly scumreading my slot, he wasn't explicit about it but I sense he's fairly allocating a Burden of good player on people, likewise giving Y'shtola a pass. Y'shtola seems to play kind of scummy as town, to me, I was in the mason game, although in that game being a mason is actually surprisingly similar to being scum so I'm not sure how much that counts for. I hope she plays later.

(3) How nasty are nomnomnom's deadline? I'm not actually minding the slow pace in terms of fun factor, but if AI needs to be to be forced out then yada yada
(1) scum pops not knowing how to get into the game ~
(2) scum aware that they aren't playing up to their town play
(3) forced content -- this is the biggest tell I think. It's reminiscent of your forced content here.

Interesting. I found this quote while liking over that game.
popsofctown wrote:I kinda buy that the condescending mechanics posts would come from both flavors of Pine but your point about it being implausible that he's solved the game so quickly is persuasive.

Particularly scumreading me on so few posts wtf.
Deja vu:
In post 854, popsofctown wrote:Regardless of what it is I'm supposed to figure out I think you should be able to recognize at least some of the things (deliberately?) making your play inscrutable like announcing a greater than 100% confidence read on my slot early day 1.

I hate both the idea RC would design a 2 scum 12p and the idea that you assemble entire potential scumteams when doing your first lynch so I guess they cancel out
Ame
Ame
Mafia Scum
Ame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by Ame »

looking