farside
Goon
farside
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:00 am

Post by farside »

In post 99, Tanner wrote:
In post 95, Drew-Sta wrote:I notice you haven't responded to what I said.
Err, what am I supposed to respond to exactly? To you telling me I'm making conversation for the sake of making conversation? To calling me jumpy? To calling my analysis poor? I mean, I can tell you "I'm not.", "I'm not.", "It's not.", but I don't much see the point?

@farside, why the change of vote?
Poke at me later with this question. I have a reason.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:02 am

Post by Tanner »

Hmm, ok.

VOTE: Knightmare
your eyes on the city.
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:01 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 29, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 28, farside wrote:This ^

VOTE: george
Why switch from Persivul?

Do you like his reaction to the wagon?
Any reason why you chose to question farside and not PD? He unvoted first.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:10 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 81, Drew-Sta wrote:Sorry, dead by day two. I'm the obvious mafia kill, and I honestly don't think it's wise for me to try and 'fake it' to simply be a hero. Better to do my duty and help town.

And yes, I am.
These setups have 4-5 town PRs from what I've read, IC is one, miller is negative utility so I'm not sure if that counts. Do you really think you're going to die soon? I highly doubt it.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:14 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

@Drew-Sta: you claimed miller in post 79 right?

Vote: Drew-Sta
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:15 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

I’m the miller
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:18 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

@Drew-Sta: i see you did confirm your claim with 81. Sorry, I saw 79 and posted immediately.
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:25 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

I’m guessing there can’t be two millers in the game.

@Drew-Sta: I respect the hell out of your fake claim. You link to the miller role says anyone who is miller should reveal that first post. You waited till everyone posted and when no one claimed miller, you took it figuring there wasn’t a miller and you could defend against a cop’s guilty claim. Heads up move! I respect the fuck outta that! Sorry I didn’t claim first post and screwed it up.....
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

lol brilliant, I don't think any setup review mod would have the balls to approve a Normal with 2 millers.

~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

VOTE: Drew

I mean it would have probably been better if had let him interact with more people and claim later in the day so that we can catch the other scums as well. But oh well

~Rectiplanes
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:35 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

In post 58, Wake1 wrote:OK, so apparently I'm an Innocent Child. I had no choice in the matter on when it'd be revealed.

So basically unless someone can protect me tonight I'm a dead man.
It’s either you or me that’s gonna be NK’ed. You’ve now got a 50/50
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

corrected
In post 109, Knightmare491 wrote:VOTE: Drew

I mean it would have probably been better if you had let him interact with more people and claimed later in the day so that we can catch the other scums as well. But oh well

~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

Is there any fast way to check the past games on this queue if they have had more than 1 miller?

~Rectiplanes
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Tanner »

Oh, 2 Miller claims. lol that's brilliant.

Though I'd say not to rush with the Day. Mavs, how come you didn't claim first post?

pedit: I'm not sure. 2 Millers isn't impossible, but I guess it's more likely one of them is lying.
your eyes on the city.
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:49 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

My first post was an RVS. Every time I’ve been in a game with a miller, that claim is tricky to deal with as it can be an easy fake claim. My philosophy with miller is that you want to claim before night 1 but not necessarily in post 1. (Also, if you’re not suspicious and a potential investigation target night 1, claiming day 1 I think can be put off. Just my opinion but that’s how I feel about the role.)

So I debated letting this play out, but if people bought Drew’s fake claim it would’ve been so much harder claiming miller later and having it be believed esp since Drew could say he claimed immediately wtf are we getting a miller claim now. Also, I want to see if anyone refutes my claim or how quickly Drew is bus’ed by scum. But now that I think about it, perhaps holding off was the best way to go..... my bad. But I got you Drew.... so.... push?
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Tanner »

I mean, sure, Drew is most likely getting lynched Today. But I don't want to quicklynch this soon when half (?) the people haven't contributed past RVS.
your eyes on the city.
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

Yes ofc there's no need to QL him. How many votes is he on? No need to put him on l-1 either he could self hammer to end the day faster.

~Rectiplanes
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Tanner »

If my foggy memory serves, 3 or 4. Let's keep it that way for now.
your eyes on the city.
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:17 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

So this is probably going to be a little convoluted but I hope not......

Drew’s miller claim had to come after everyone had a chance to post assuming the miller would claim with their first post. If he’s got scum mates, then he KNOWS they’re not the miller and MUST ONLY wait for the townies to post without a claim to snatch up that role. Here are the low posters:
Riabi. Luca Blight. Saladman27. I’m guessing one is likely scum as Drew can allow them to be low posters and be sure they’re not miller cause he KNOWS they’re not miller. I mean sure, I was in that group till 30 minutes ago and he still claimed (so maybe a slightly hasty fake claim).

As for a list of players who didn’t push Drew at all (and potential scum mates):
George Bailey. UnaBombaH. Prana Devil.
My best guess would be George Bailey but nothing more than a gut feeling.

The rest of the players pushed Drew unprovoked with townie posts which is something I feel his scummates wouldn’t do this early. And it’s too early for bus’ing to commence so I feel comfortable saying they’re town.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Tanner »

Why is Knightmare in the "rest of the players"? He didn't push Drew at all until you counterclaimed.
your eyes on the city.
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:28 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

@Tanner: good point. You’re not wrong with the criteria I’ve set but post 102 strikes me as townie. Knightmare pushes George Bailey (who is in the potential scum pile) about their push on Far Side (town pile) instead of Prana Devil (potential scum grouping).
farside
farside
Goon
farside
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:35 am

Post by farside »

I've seen multiple miller claims before, but god help me I don't remember when, what game or how many claimed miller.
I feel good about mavsfan's claim right now, but I really want to check if miller is something a normal has ever had multiple of before I do a knee jerk reaction to the info.
Persivul
Persivul
His Majesty the King
Persivul
His Majesty the King
His Majesty the King

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 105, mavsfan41 wrote:I’m the miller
Plot twist!

I'd vote Drew but I believe I already am.
Persivul
Persivul
His Majesty the King
Persivul
His Majesty the King
His Majesty the King

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 108, Knightmare491 wrote:lol brilliant, I don't think any setup review mod would have the balls to approve a Normal with 2 millers.
Agreed.
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:49 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

I’m starting to think that there’s not two millers in the game. The circumstances around the fake claim suggest there aren’t. Drew-Sta was racking up the votes and only then did he decide to claim. I think the fake claim of miller was a “break glass in case of emergency” type thing in which his hand was forced. So that would make sense as to why he decided to fake claim miller with 4 players having only a single post.

Now I feel slightly better about the George Bailey/Prana Devil thing with regards to Knightmare.