shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 898, MiniMegabyte wrote:Can I just say something, two people being scum read the most right now both willing to be eliminated? Doesn’t that seem to you that they may both be town? I’m not sure
Scumslip again? because you know they aren't scum as YOU ARE THE SCUM.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 898, MiniMegabyte wrote:
In post 896, shellyc wrote:
In post 890, Porkens wrote:I've basically agreed to be the elimination and Italiano has agreed to be the elimination tomorrow.
MiniMegabyte see this. This is gamesolving, making sure the scum is eventually eliminated
Can I just say something, two people being scum read the most right now both willing to be eliminated? Doesn’t that seem to you that they may both be town? I’m not sure
He doesn't really have a choice, I think. My case against him is pretty solid - far better than anything else that's been in the game so far or that he could come up with on me. If he HADN'T OMGUSed on me then he would have to try to make a better case on someone else; and he can't because there isn't one. In fact, my own case ruled out everyone else from being Micc's partner.

His only play is to get me eliminated FIRST, which he can do because public sentiment is against me because I was so cagey in the early game, and then try to worm out of it tomorrow.
worse than random
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:02 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 900, shellyc wrote:
In post 898, MiniMegabyte wrote:Can I just say something, two people being scum read the most right now both willing to be eliminated? Doesn’t that seem to you that they may both be town? I’m not sure
But given the situation why would she be saying
anything
? If she were scum, wouldn't she just stay quiet here?
worse than random
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:18 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 902, Porkens wrote:
anything
that's just my thought, I mean she could stay quiet, but she'd get called out for it
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:20 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 903, shellyc wrote:
anything
that's just my thought, I mean she could stay quiet, but she'd get called out for it
T-Bone's not getting called out for it. Neither is Red.
worse than random
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Okay, okay, okay. Let’s push the brakes for a second. Who OMGUSed who now? I voted you first and had been You caused me then voted me. I then cased you and defended myself. Chill out, why do you keep framing things so incorrectly. Your case against me is faulty coming from you because it incriminates yourself. You don’t have the have the moral authority to have the case you do and you act as if it’s foolproof and cannot be poked with any holes.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:34 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 892, Porkens wrote:I do think, though that you are being genuine.
Well then care to explain why you didn’t mention that here?
In post 685, Porkens wrote:I’m not sure how I feel about shelly’s reaction.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:43 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 886, Porkens wrote:Great, thank you. I think Shelly and Mini are fairly obvious reads, but I'd like to dig in to Redados and TBone. Why do you find Red scummier than TBone?
I mean, you still have to ask? I’ve been an open book the whole game. If you still don’t know why I find Red scummier than TBone than you haven’t been paying attention.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:15 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 878, MiniMegabyte wrote:So if most of us are sure Porkens is scum, what are we waiting for instead of eliminating him? Because if people are so sure then there should be no need for extra discussion time. However unless you are doubting that porkens is in fact not scum and he is actually town in that case why are they being voted up?
Weird bout of impatience here. What is this?
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:18 am

Post by Redados »

In post 904, Porkens wrote:
In post 903, shellyc wrote:
anything
T-Bone's not getting called out for it. Neither is Red.
...I was asleep.
In post 907, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 886, Porkens wrote:Great, thank you. I think Shelly and Mini are fairly obvious reads, but I'd like to dig in to Redados and TBone. Why do you find Red scummier than TBone?
I mean, you still have to ask? I’ve been an open book the whole game. If you still don’t know why I find Red scummier than TBone than you haven’t been paying attention.
Don't be afraid to explain again. I'm not super offended by it or anything because I feel like T-Bone is pretty towny but go ahead and explain it again please.
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:45 am

Post by MiniMegabyte »

In post 908, T-Bone wrote:
In post 878, MiniMegabyte wrote:So if most of us are sure Porkens is scum, what are we waiting for instead of eliminating him? Because if people are so sure then there should be no need for extra discussion time. However unless you are doubting that porkens is in fact not scum and he is actually town in that case why are they being voted up?
Dont mean for it to come accross that way i was just trying to understand is all
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:15 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 905, ItalianoVD wrote:Okay, okay, okay. Let’s push the brakes for a second. Who OMGUSed who now? I voted you first and had been You caused me then voted me. I then cased you and defended myself. Chill out, why do you keep framing things so incorrectly. Your case against me is faulty coming from you because it incriminates yourself. You don’t have the have the moral authority to have the case you do and you act as if it’s foolproof and cannot be poked with any holes.
The greatest thing about a death pact is I don’t have to worry about you anymore. I’m going to flip town, and then you are going to die. It literally does not matter how much you accuse me because nothing will change!

Why are you worried about it? According to you, the game is over when I die. Why care how much I suspect you at all? Why don’t you feel relaxed and at peace, like I do?
worse than random
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:18 am

Post by Porkens »

Red and T-Bone Is like you both to be on record about your reads and reasons of:

T-bone,
Shelly
MM
Red
worse than random
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:30 am

Post by Redados »

In post 912, Porkens wrote:Red and T-Bone Is like you both to be on record about your reads and reasons of:

T-bone,
Shelly
MM
Red
MM and Shelly I both have in the "new town" category. Occam's razor tells me that I probably shouldn't overthink this. If they are scum, they are playing it masterfully because I think they are town. Neither of them have been especially helpful, and I think that any "scumslips" you can attribute to their new-ness.

Red. He is great. 100% town, no question there. I think that he would be a terrible lynch (or nightkill) any time. Leave him alive.

T-Bone. I'm feeling pretty town on T-Bone. He kept his vote on his strongest scumread for 100% of Day 1, which turned out to be scum, which I find impressive. He would not have aroused suspicion by voting for GG or Shelly, and he kept his vote off of them anyway. I think that if he were scum, he would have wagoned onto a townie. Is it possible that he's scum? Yes. That would be super good planning and some next-level thinking. I am kind of doubtful that it is the case. I read a newbie game that he was the IC in and I
think
I can see the differences (although he denies it). I think he's town.

Current readlist from towniest to scummiest:

GeniusGamer
Redados
MiniMegabyte
T-Bone
ShellyC
ItalianoVD
Porkens

To be honest, I've been mulling it over this morning, and I'm feeling more sketched out by ItalianoVD than Porkens at this very moment. My gut is saying that he is the scum, not Porkens. But my brain says that Porkens is more likely to be scum than him. I'm going to keep thinking about it.
In post 911, Porkens wrote:
In post 905, ItalianoVD wrote:Okay, okay, okay. Let’s push the brakes for a second. Who OMGUSed who now? I voted you first and had been You caused me then voted me. I then cased you and defended myself. Chill out, why do you keep framing things so incorrectly. Your case against me is faulty coming from you because it incriminates yourself. You don’t have the have the moral authority to have the case you do and you act as if it’s foolproof and cannot be poked with any holes.
The greatest thing about a death pact is I don’t have to worry about you anymore. I’m going to flip town, and then you are going to die. It literally does not matter how much you accuse me because nothing will change!

Why are you worried about it? According to you, the game is over when I die. Why care how much I suspect you at all? Why don’t you feel relaxed and at peace, like I do?
I agree with death pact. If Porkens flips town, I don't know if I would feel comfortable voting for anyone other than ItalianoVD.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:33 am

Post by Porkens »

I appreciate the reads but the real goal is to have a tertiary scumread. It sounds like that’s t-bone for you if reading it right.
worse than random
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Redados »

In post 914, Porkens wrote:I appreciate the reads but the real goal is to have a tertiary scumread. It sounds like that’s t-bone for you if reading it right.
At this point, yes.

I hope you also enjoyed my read of Red.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:42 am

Post by Redados »

In post 915, Redados wrote:
In post 914, Porkens wrote:I appreciate the reads but the real goal is to have a tertiary scumread. It sounds like that’s t-bone for you if reading it right.
At this point, yes.

I do want to stress at this point that T-Bone has done NOTHING scummy and has done NOTHING to hurt the town.
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:55 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 916, Redados wrote:
In post 915, Redados wrote:
At this point, yes.

I do want to stress at this point that T-Bone has done NOTHING scummy and has done NOTHING to hurt the town.
I don’t know about that. T-Bone’s response to my case on Italiano surprised me. I think T-Bone should know me well enough to see that while I might be wrong on Italiano, after making that case he really shouldn’t scumread me.

Now I don’t really know what t bone is thinking of course, or why he isn’t posting in this game. I haven’t called him out on it because i want to allow him the space to play his game his way, and lurking might be part of it. Being quiet and just watching the game can be a powerful tool, and if he comes back with a decent analysis, then I’m cool with it. He’s also largely townread, so he might now feel any pressure to post. And this could all be town behavior.

On the other hand, it could be scum behavior too. Like I said before, T-Bone harbussing his SE partner MiccWord pretty much assures he’ll be townread for a good couple days in game, maybe all the way to the end. In that scenario, his behavior now makes perfect sense. He agrees with the prevailing scumread, and just chills.

Right now, I think my advice to town on a hypothetical day 4 would be to eliminate TBone. That could change from this point based on what happens in the rest of this day, but that’s where my head is at right now.
worse than random
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:07 am

Post by T-Bone »

My last post was 3 hours ago. That hardly qualifies as lurking.

I do know you well enough. Just as you should rightly know I am very capable of bussing Micc/Word in the way that I bussed them...I know you're capable of writing a case for anyone to be scum. That's NAI. I've evaluated why you say you think Italino is scum, and I feel that the reasons I think he is town outweigh them.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Redados »

In post 918, T-Bone wrote:My last post was 3 hours ago. That hardly qualifies as lurking.

I do know you well enough. Just as you should rightly know I am very capable of bussing Micc/Word in the way that I bussed them...I know you're capable of writing a case for anyone to be scum. That's NAI. I've evaluated why you say you think Italino is scum, and I feel that the reasons I think he is town outweigh them.
Can you elaborate on why you think that he is town?

He speaks in a town-like way and he hammered scum. Is there more to it that I'm missing?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:12 am

Post by T-Bone »

As for "agreeing" with the prevailing scumread...I'm pretty sure I put us on this trajectory by saying "I think it is most likely Porkens for reasons...then Redados, then Minimegabyte...because I townread Shelly and Italiano for reasons".

If you want to try and argue that someone else is more responsible for the current game state, by all means. But don't try to re-frame the events as something else entirely.
Redados wrote:
In post 918, T-Bone wrote:My last post was 3 hours ago. That hardly qualifies as lurking.

He speaks in a town-like way and he hammered scum. Is there more to it that I'm missing?
Well I think he townslipped on Day 1, which is the biggest factor of course. But to me, he's trying to figure out the game, I don't see that he's trying to manipulate the game state, and I don't feel like he has the knowledge of the game that someone who is mafia does.

It's actually the biggest flaw for Porkens, you, and myself actually. (except I know I'm town). I'd be surprised if it was anyone outside that elimination-pool tbh.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!

GeniusGamer
GeniusGamer
Goon
GeniusGamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:14 am

Post by GeniusGamer »

Hmph. So I suppose we’re voting for Porkens today, and you guys will vote for Italiano tomorrow. After that, I’m not sure. T-Bone doesn’t seem like scum with that vote for Micc, but that could still be some high level play. Unlikely, but nothing that I would rule out.
In post 917, Porkens wrote:On the other hand, it could be scum behavior too. Like I said before, T-Bone harbussing his SE partner MiccWord pretty much assures he’ll be townread for a good couple days in game, maybe all the way to the end. In that scenario, his behavior now makes perfect sense. He agrees with the prevailing scumread, and just chills.

Right now, I think my advice to town on a hypothetical day 4 would be to eliminate TBone. That could change from this point based on what happens in the rest of this day, but that’s where my head is at right now.
Then we get this. T-Bone
is
being almost universally townread at this point, so he could be using that to his advantage as scum. Then he’d be assuming that we wouldn’t figure out his plan, but with six townies and one scum, that’s not very likely. I guess we’re voting for T-Bone on day four? But there are just too many possibilities, and I’m not sure where to go yet. :facepalm:
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:14 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 72, T-Bone wrote:
Vote: Micc

Statistically, one of us has to be mafia, and since I am not, obviously Micc is. This math is 100% foolproof.
“One of us” this is really funny in retrospect. What a beautiful false dichotomy.
In post 908, T-Bone wrote:
To be fair, a lot has been said since your post yesterday, but this is the only thing you mention. It just seems like cherry picking one thing to engage with just for the sake of it. Also out of all 4 MM is the least possibly scum, so why even dig there?

On case: I don’t really buy that T, my case is logical and true and the conclusions follow the evidence. Italiano’s response was manipulative and misrepresentative, and the fact that he OMGUSed me should also be a major ping to you.
worse than random
Porkens
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Porkens
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 920, T-Bone wrote:As for "agreeing" with the prevailing scumread...I'm pretty sure I put us on this trajectory by saying "I think it is most likely Porkens for reasons...then Redados, then Minimegabyte...because I townread Shelly and Italiano for reasons".

If you want to try and argue that someone else is more responsible for the current game state, by all means. But don't try to re-frame the events as something else entirely.
Redados wrote:

Well I think he townslipped on Day 1, which is the biggest factor of course. But to me, he's trying to figure out the game, I don't see that he's trying to manipulate the game state, and I don't feel like he has the knowledge of the game that someone who is mafia does.

It's actually the biggest flaw for Porkens, you, and myself actually. (except I know I'm town). I'd be surprised if it was anyone outside that elimination-pool tbh.
So you explain how you have “set up the dominos” because you have laid the gamestate. Good, great so you take responsibility if and when there are two dead townies on the ground.

Porkens->Italiano->T-Bone
Done deal.
worse than random
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:19 am

Post by T-Bone »

I don't think that OMGUS is that big a deal coming from a new player. I think it's NAI.

I readily admit my weakness of my read of the gamestate has to do with the quality of play of the players. I do suspect you and Red the most because you happen to be the two players playing most competently. Most like how I would play this game were I scum. That's dangerous to me and dangerous to the town from my perspective.
I have a Twitch!
I have a Youtube!