PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4875 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:42 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 4865, DrippingGoofball wrote:Pooky, this game desperately needs more levity and I'm here to help. You /in?
I tried to be fun but people read me the riot act for "spamming" and accused me of demoralizing the town with my massive post count :/
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata
Location: Bad Player Correctional Institute, for parole violations

Post Post #4876 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:45 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 4875, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 4865, DrippingGoofball wrote:Pooky, this game desperately needs more levity and I'm here to help. You /in?
I tried to be fun but people read me the riot act for "spamming" and accused me of demoralizing the town with my massive post count :/
You needed a sidekick and here I am.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4877 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:48 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

what if they try to run us out of town with pitchforks for talking too much?

Mush said I was a sith lord -____-

nobodys ever said that about me before
Show
"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

"Please refrain from diverting our sleuths out there Pooky."
~Maple
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4878 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:51 am

In post 4877, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:what if they try to run us out of town with pitchforks for talking too much?

Mush said I was a sith lord -____-

nobodys ever said that about me before
Silencing players is a scumtell.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #4879 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:52 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

I never used those exact words -- I said you were influencing people in a way that felt very much like "the devil on the shoulder".

But also, please, do not spam this thread again, I'm begging you. It drove me to drink on my favorite combined birthday-holiday. I can't take it. If you want to shitpost, at least do it in larger blocks of text so that I don't have to scroll past post after post of literal blank space due to one-liners that do nothing for the actual game. And give the rest of us regular breaks from it, please. I can't handle another recurring cycle of 10 pages in 3 hours. I just can't.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #4880 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:57 am

I can tell already you're not going to like my posting style, but you can't guilt me into saving you from passing out in the first ditch past the pub. :lol:

Pooky tell me who is scum and I will iso these scoundrels first.

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4881 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:50 am

Post by shellyc »

I declare V/LA until 7th November EST
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4882 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by UNOwen »

I think Fred scum points to a fairly disorganised team which should in theory not be too difficult to defeat so I hope that's the case.
In post 4805, Fredrick A Campbell wrote: Why is that not a credible idea? What exactly is there that is making you eliminate that possibility? Shouldn't the answer when there is no evidence be "I don't know" and not "it's not happening"?
Perhaps if I was brutally rational/honest I might accept that I have no capability in reading posts and making judgements about tone, but I've not experienced enough failure yet to convince me to stop trying. This goes for your second point as well.
In post 4806, Fredrick A Campbell wrote: I see. However, I only do that if someone actually makes an argument that I am scum. In the case of Bell simply just marching in here and voting me without bothering to make an argument, I simply ignore that player because I don't think they would succeed in what they are doing because they have no reason to be suspecting me.
That's it though, if someone is voting you and you think they have no reason to do so then most people will notice that not simply ignore it. I see you've made a meta argument here, but since you already have the scroll you'll forgive me for not reading it.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4883 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 4808, Gloria Cleary wrote: Are you making the argument that Tayl0r is bussing Fred here?
Taylor claiming Fidget is "saying Fred is town" is only scum motivated if she's knows we will soon be looking for Fred's partner. Although Taylor's explanation of what she meant actually makes more sense here. Having thought about it I also doubt Fred would have called out Taylor for townreading him without a reason if they were buddies - that seems overly ungrateful.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4884 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Fred was online since the hammer was confirmed but hasn't posted, hoping that's a good sign I'm about to eat a scroll so that I can hit my secret scum read
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #4885 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Noraa »

Ik Mush said to not tell Fred what to do but my request is that if Fred is town, he doesn't pass to Mush, Pooky, Murder, or me. Imo these are the biggest obvtowns :D
I say Murder and Pooky are one tier less than mush and I tho :mrgreen:
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #4886 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Noraa »

Pooky is a recent switch(due to meta) and murder, tho I believe his secret SR might hit scum, missed a few times and currently is one of the universal TRs.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4887 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 4853, Tayl0r Swift wrote:if fidget is scum, then her posts indicate that fred is town and pooky is scum with her. since i think fidget is scum, i think fred is town and pooky is scum.
Your post was an odd way of saying that, to be fair.
In post 4847, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:No aggressive resistance to it, Tayl0r. Lots of more or less passive resistance, though. Resistance doesn't always take the form of "STOP NOW OR ELSE".

Shelly trying to pull votes onto different wagons (twice), Adorable attempting to resurrect a long-dead wagon, Gloria requiring a knockdown case that tickled her specific reads, MURDERCAT initially trying to resist softly then realizing that maybe their reads suck, Pooky trying to put more attention on you and themselves while the wagon was at a lull point. Add in you and Fred, and yeah, that's way more players than there are scum, but keep in mind scum distancing as well here -- defending too directly ties players to their scumbuddies. In a case where that scumbuddy isn't likely to go down, it's fairly safe. But Fred's wagon was more of a when than an if: his predecessor was Maximum Scum and his play was scummy even by the unique standards you have to read him by.

So passive defense is more likely for scum in such a position, because if they defend too hard it guarantees town goes 2-for-1 instead of 1-for-2. The scum team wants nothing less than that, because that's the path to a town win at this state (where we've already gone one day without hitting scum).
Easy shelly!scum and Adorable!scum if Fred is.
In post 4837, Tayl0r Swift wrote:although shelly hopping on the wagon suggests shelly scum if fred is scum.
Yes
In post 4833, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 4821, Bell wrote:Aight, were you scum Fred?
the lack of a counterwagon kinda proves that fred was town.
No

Even ignoring that there were attempts to go elsewhere, that doesn't make a player town by default. Even just one scum voting Fred would be enough for shelly to go into "Bus bus bus" mode. And if a player is scummy enough or the case against them good enough, scum's hand will be forced.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4888 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 4815, Adorable wrote:@Fidget I'm not liking your approach in this game towards me. I noticed that every single post I have made on this round, you comment about my posts but you don't even interact with me. Out of all the players in this game, I have interacted with Noraa the most and of course I would interact more with a player I scum read since it can help me better if I am going in the right direction or not.
What would you like to talk about?
In post 4790, Adorable wrote:Do you really think scum Adorable would quickly skim someone's completed games to get a better idea how the player plays as scum and town?
......yes? Does this townclear you somehow?
In post 4792, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 4780, Gloria Cleary wrote:
I never want Titus to get the scroll, first, second or third. You know why? I don’t ever want to kill my trs.
i have lots of townreads. some of them are gonna die. there are some that give more info than others. same reason i dont mind dying myself despite knowing im town. also im not trying to paint fidget as derailing the fred wagon.
Do I get to be town after Fred flips red?
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4889 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

For me, Fidget, Fred coming up red makes you more likely to be scum. Mostly because for the first time this game, you jumped -- and you were the hammer vote.

It's a minor shift, but significant. I see a Fidget+Shelly+Fred world as more likely than a Fidget+any-combo-without-Fred one. That said, I have other places I'd want to check before you.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4890 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Fidget »

Gonna chalk the whole Fidget/Taylor/Gloria stuff up to a miscommunication. If I understand correctly, Taylor decided Fred was scum, but upon me deciding Fred is scum, decided it must be me instead.
In post 4774, Noraa wrote:
In post 4771, Fidget wrote:You make a fair point, but I find it town indicative for Pooky specifically. His whole defeated attitude, not really doing anything about the several people scumreading him (I'd expect him to be nice to them at least), and all the prickly interactions make me inclined to think he's town. I'm not sure scum!Pooky gets agitated with this game or feels the need to fake that. I don't think he does.
pooky self hammered in his last town game <.<
jus saying
I believe he did that out of love for another player, not because he was frustrated with the game state as he is here.
In post 4773, Noraa wrote:Also, one last thing, I dont think we should rush this wagon. We have far too many people coasting rn. To the point that im almost just thinking that all the coasters are the scum team. Fred literally jumped out(into the thread) and bought himself a pass to hell(by being a total scum bucket). That's pretty bad play and honestly, if he was a scum that repped in, I really strongly believe his scum buddies would literally just tell him to coast some more cuz that's literally the best way to keep everyone from suspecting you. Idk im just having bad feelings about this + it reminds me of how my own wagon built up super fast and I got really mad and idk I just am not vibing here.
Yeah I didn't realize that was a hammer, I was working off the previous VC where he was only at 5. I have a decent feeling about this one, though.

If the entire scumteam consists of coasting players, there probably isn't much to worry about. I think we're definitely catching them out if Fred is scum.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4891 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 4889, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:For me, Fidget, Fred coming up red makes you more likely to be scum. Mostly because for the first time this game, you jumped -- and you were the hammer vote.

It's a minor shift, but significant. I see a Fidget+Shelly+Fred world as more likely than a Fidget+any-combo-without-Fred one. That said, I have other places I'd want to check before you.
I am a bad partner if I'm with shelly. I have a more believable progression with Fred, though, sure.

Not a problem though, I'll prove you wrong by removing the rest of Fred's scumpartners if he does come up red.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Fre/He/She/It/They/伊

Post Post #4892 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

No.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4893 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Good job, everyone.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4894 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:11 pm

In post 4824, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 4814, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 4813, Gloria Cleary wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 4804, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 4787, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 4712, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 4581, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 4577, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why would I even care about being townread

the sooner i exit the better this game is depressingly boring. most people aren't even playing
Fair enough. I'll be sad if you are town Pooky.

VOTE: Pooky
I would be fine going this route since I am null on Pooky if it weren't for the fact that I actually have another scumread on another player that only Gloria Cleary seems to be taking seriously.
Tayl0r?
In post 4570, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:most of the town is apathetic

the scum are not interested in bussing

this game is over and I have no interest in putting extra effort into trying to push taylor swift given I've already tried and nobody cares
In post 4586, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 4583, Noraa wrote:Pooky will you hand to me?
nah i'll give it to murdercat so I can talk shit to him in the dead thread after I flip green.
In post 4589, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:big true

one last chance for you to hit a scum on your way out otherwise Im gonna call you mister 0-4 forever
@Fred, do you honestly think Pooky is ever scum here from these posts?
Yeah, Gloria Cleary, Tayl0r Swift is the one I was referring to there.

I don't see how anyone can say with any certainty that PookyTheMagicalBear is not scum from those posts.

By the way, that is not me saying I scumread PookyTheMagicalBear. I am more null on that player.

They are very clearly never buddies here and if you sr Tayl0r than shouldn’t you be tr or at least tl Pooky? All of those posts plus his posts on Titus and others. He is coming across like extremely frustrated town who has a solve that no one is listening to - one that you clearly seem to agree with btw. He was willing to die to take out his srs. He has been extremely straightforward about his position. Why does scum!Pooky rail about “scum”!Tayl0r for pages. How does that further any kind of scum agenda?
Precisely to make no one think he is scum with Tayl0r Swift.
I think you’re wrong. I don’t think this is scum theatre any more than I think LLD/Noraa was. Imo, actual scum distancing looks very different. It’s kind’ve hard to explain but you need to know what to look for. It generally looks faked and like scum theatre and Pooky didn’t start pushing Tayl0r until she started what appeared to him as her WK Noraa. In contrast, scum theatre more often than not usually happens in a context that generally doesn’t make logical or contextual sense.
Have a look at Newbie 2025 and see how well both of the members in the scum team distanced. They did it so well I used their attempt to distance as proof that they aren't aligned and lost the game for everyone.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4895 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:13 pm

In post 4817, Noraa wrote:Also this entire GloriavFred is really long. Summarize or I skim or I get lazy and just dont read it at all <.<
depends on the lazy meter tomorrow.
Below is the post I made that concerns you.
In post 4800, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 4773, Noraa wrote:
Insert post 4721 by shellyc

Hey hey don't twist my words. If you would care to read the whole paragraph, I can engage you. Plus that TR you gave me a while ago sure disappeared fast eh?
In post 4730, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
Presently, as I read Noraa's answer to my first question, I find myself having a problem with the answer. Noraa claims that Tayl0r Swift used the same thing on her twice in a row, stating "Ok and do you think a scum would use the same thing on me two times in a row? yes I'm stupid but I'm not that stupid. Firstly, I would like to know if you, Noraa, think that scum would use the same thing on you two times in a row. Then, I have some follow up questions that I will present once you have answered that question.

I believe that answers the first two of your questions, but for the third, that will need to wait, because I never arrived at the destination and revealing the destination before we arrive there would make the questions completely pointless and reduce my avenues of inquiry.
ok but why tf is this question important? Plus im pretty sure u cut my post up cuz what u say here just makes me look like I dont know what im doing and im fairly certain I didnt say exactly *that* in response to whatever u asked me.

Insert post 4745 by Fidget

Interesting observation. Shelly actually, if I remember correctly, said something similar to UNO and maybe someone else. If this theory is correct, fidget might've literally just solved the whole game.

Also, fidget is doing a lot of solving and less pre-flip stuff. Maybe its time to make this slot a town lean.

Also, I forgot to unvote pooky. UNVOTE:

Also, one last thing, I dont think we should rush this wagon. We have far too many people coasting rn. To the point that im almost just thinking that all the coasters are the scum team. Fred literally jumped out(into the thread) and bought himself a pass to hell(by being a total scum bucket). That's pretty bad play and honestly, if he was a scum that repped in, I really strongly believe his scum buddies would literally just tell him to coast some more cuz that's literally the best way to keep everyone from suspecting you. Idk im just having bad feelings about this + it reminds me of how my own wagon built up super fast and I got really mad and idk I just am not vibing here.
"ok but why tf is this question important? Plus im pretty sure u cut my post up cuz what u say here just makes me look like I dont know what im doing and im fairly certain I didnt say exactly *that* in response to whatever u asked me."

If that question was not important, why did you ask me that. Also, I didn't cut your post. I literally used the Control+C and Control+V method to lift it from your post and even link the post to make it easily verifiable. Finally, that is your opinion of what it makes you look like and may or may not be mine.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4896 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:15 pm

In post 4830, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 4810, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 4458, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 4448, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 316, Tayl0r Swift wrote:nah i think its a bad wagon, but this whole time ive been saying theres probably a better than random chance noraa flips scum, just not enough of a chance that she deserved the pressure shes under. its whatever, but its kinda dumb.
So, Tayl0r Swift, you thought that there is a better than random chance that Noraa flips scum, but you townread her?
i mean... if you look at my stances on page 8 or whatever that is, youre gonna notice some differences from my stance here on page 200ish. sorry.
By the way, Tayl0r Swift, what you thought was quoted from page 13 and your townread of Noraa is deduced from defending Noraa from Lady Lamdadelta in pages 8-10. The posts between page 10 and 13 are less than 5 hours apart. Also, it doesn't help that I can't find a post before that one where you say there is probably a better than random chance Noraa flips scum. I will give you the opportunity to dig up a post where you say that before that one, though.
i dont know what youre accusing me of.
I am accusing you of claiming you did something you did not do.

More specifically, I am accusing that you claimed to have been saying that there is probably a better than random chance Noraa flips scum when you never said so before that post.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4897 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Who you shooting
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4898 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Yeah, I'm inclined to pull the bandaid off quickly at this point. Maybe our scroll targets have better reads than the rest of us.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4899 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:19 pm

In post 4742, Tayl0r Swift wrote:id like to formally retract my fred townread
In post 4833, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
the lack of a counterwagon kinda proves that fred was town.
Why did you townread me?

Why did you retract that townread?