Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1348, RLotus wrote:
In post 1346, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1343, RLotus wrote:
In post 1341, Battle Mage wrote:i'm scumleaning you, as i said earlier - not much reads progression at all.
That's not even true anymore
so you're saying you changed it up after you got called out?
If there are any instances where my read progression feels unnatural let me know. I doubt you've done that kind of analysis
:lol: there's a lesson in game management here. don't allow Day 1 in a mini to last 50 pages, or everyone just gets salty as hell.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by Reformed Toxic Player »

sorry if im making the game a bad environment im really really frustrated with BM and im holding back a lot in terms of what I want to say. they won't even approach me in good faith when I'm trying to extend the olive branch and talk out stuff or like they are just framing anything I say as scum motivated and it really like ticks me off when ppl do that bc its like .. idk.

its like - are you just gonna sit there and tunnel me and just not play the game and just omgus anyone who doubts that im scum?

bc thats what im seeing as the basis of ur reads rn - anyone who is doubting u is scum and its like frustrating to see cuz im starting to just straight lean town on u bc idek what agenda u can be focused on here. like theres been a TON thats happened thats made me reeval myself - and others have too and that makes me feel that others should be too - bc I'm definitely town here.
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 1349, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1345, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:BM isn't interested in progressing their own read because it would require them to admit they were wrong and humility isn't their thing.
i'll only say this once dude - i'm not gonna respond to any posts which i personally consider disrespectful or discourteous (notwithstanding, completely inaccurate). Your attempts at baiting me are pointless - if you need to let off some negative steam, please keep it out of the game as it isn't fun for anybody. thanks!
My apologies. I am quite annoyed with how this game is going if it isn't obvious.

Do you find any of my read progressions unnatural that I can clarify you? Because I believe you reason for scumleaning me is flawed and obviously know it is wrong.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:11 pm

In post 1345, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:BM isn't interested in progressing their own read because it would require them to admit they were wrong and humility isn't their thing.
i'll only say this once dude - i'm not gonna respond to any posts which i personally consider disrespectful or discourteous (notwithstanding, completely inaccurate). Your attempts at baiting me are pointless - if you need to let off some negative steam, please keep it out of the game as it isn't fun for anybody. thanks!
That's rich coming from the dude who's just hardtunneling people and never tries to engage in good faith and thinks that its a good play.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:14 pm

k im done im gonna come back later. I'm not done with you battle mage. I really dont fucking care how much you think I'm scum, you should be willing to talk to me about stuff instead of shutting up and refusing to reeval. I'll tell you firsthand I have done that tactic and it didn't work out. It never works out. It just leads to a wasted push. and you like trying to cry victim when you're the one making the game unenjoyable for me with a shitpush is peak hypocrisy. You're here to play a game with all of us. Act like it.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:17 pm

Also - as a final note. My pronouns are they them. Don't use masculine terms to refer to me. I'm not gonna repeat it again.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1353, RLotus wrote:
My apologies. I am quite annoyed with how this game is going if it isn't obvious.

Do you find any of my read progressions unnatural that I can clarify you? Because I believe you reason for scumleaning me is flawed and obviously know it is wrong.
all good brother. i'm just feeling quite ambivalent about it all. i've said we can do someone else other than you.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 1357, Battle Mage wrote:

all good brother. i'm just feeling quite ambivalent about it all. i've said we can do someone else other than you.
Who are you looking at other than myself and RTP?
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1188, ItalianoVD wrote:I’m catching up and I’m more than likely gonna be updating my reads.

@Datisi, I still don’t know what to think of you. Baltar is somewhat clearing you, but I’m not gonna place you both at town just yet. For all I know you’re partners. Just thinking about it most likely not, if anything it’s a t/s connection I don’t know so you stay null. You scumreading me for your reasons are goofy to me, but I’m not gonna change your mind and I’m not gonna try to, I’m gonna move on. Like I told Lotus run my iso back, which gives all my thoughts and reads. If you run it back and still think I’m scum then do your thing.

VOTE: RLotus
why do you vote lotus here if you're likely to be updating reads?

also like, why are connecting my alignment to baltar? i get we're townreading each other, but i'm my own slot here. the reasons are "goofy", do you have no opinion on which alignment they're more likely to come from???
In post 1209, Andresvmb wrote:Fascinating. We actually reached the same exact conclusion independently.
i didn't think this day would ever come.

ok leaving this game for past midnight was a horrible fucking idea
i'm gonna go sleep and be back on this in ~9 hours
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1358, RLotus wrote:

I think I'm pretty locked on RTP now - partly for being scummy, and partly for continuing to behave in a negative way, even after my polite request. I'm not normally one to advocate for policy-elims, but everyone else is pretty chill and we just need to elim somebody asap, and I think there's a good chance of a scumflip! :lol:

I'll VOTE: RTP again just to create some inspiration.

If I'm still alive tomorrow, I'll hopefully re-read the game in the light of flips and find some renewed motivation!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

grateful if others can sheep me on this, just so we can actually move things forward in a constructive way.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Why is RLotus being wagoned? Looking at the votecount, I could vote GC, Italiano, and RLotus if people sell me on it.
I think RTP has been quite townie this game, and, again, I don't know if "oppurtunisitc" means scum VPB.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1118, Datisi wrote:is there a reason why you're town on lotus that's not about that one post?
That post pushed it over into a comfortable town read just because I think it's a low likelihood for scum to post that sort of thing. Before that, I was toying with town because of his tunnel on VD. He saw some early play that he thought looked scummy, and then stuck with it in a way that I find myself doing when convinced I've got scum. His openness about the fact he was tunneling doesn't do him any favors, so I don't see the "scum tunnel so they can be lazy" theory fitting.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:49 pm

In post 1360, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1358, RLotus wrote:

I think I'm pretty locked on RTP now - partly for being scummy, and partly for continuing to behave in a negative way, even after my polite request. I'm not normally one to advocate for policy-elims, but everyone else is pretty chill and we just need to elim somebody asap, and I think there's a good chance of a scumflip! :lol:

I'll VOTE: RTP again just to create some inspiration.

If I'm still alive tomorrow, I'll hopefully re-read the game in the light of flips and find some renewed motivation!
what is wrong with u
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:50 pm

ego to the nth degree
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:53 pm

i gave YOU a polite request to actually engage me, this isn't happy sunshine flower land you dont get to demand me to talk to you in a certain way when you clearly haven't earned it with how you have chosen to interact with me.

do you like understand why you have such low accuracy in games?
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:56 pm

in fact anyone who is town here should 1000% sheep the opposite of BM today - they've basically confirmed me as town here.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:04 pm

In post 1363, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1118, Datisi wrote:is there a reason why you're town on lotus that's not about that one post?
That post pushed it over into a comfortable town read just because I think it's a low likelihood for scum to post that sort of thing. Before that, I was toying with town because of his tunnel on VD. He saw some early play that he thought looked scummy, and then stuck with it in a way that I find myself doing when convinced I've got scum. His openness about the fact he was tunneling doesn't do him any favors, so I don't see the "scum tunnel so they can be lazy" theory fitting.
thanks for the townread on me here
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1169, RLotus wrote:
In post 1154, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 945, RLotus wrote:You are taking advantage of the scumreads other people have rather than solving the game on your own. The easiest example to see is your absolute lack of progression of RTP. You kinda just were not talking about them then suddenly you scumread them after BM puts a vote there. Also, you looked willing to do the same with elements and myself. That's what is scummy.
I'm curious: did you have problems with Baltar's play before his RTP vote, and that was the last straw and so you laid out this case against Baltar, or did his RTP vote bother you so you went to go back and look to see if there was something suspicious about his play, and that's when you saw these problems that led to your long post?
Initially, I read these side questions/him pushing people from the side as towny. It wasn't until his interactions with BM did I realize that he kept poking at slots without trying to solve them.
In post 688, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 687, Battle Mage wrote:i'd do elements today if we could get a majority
I'm listening. What are you seeing?

Also is dunn at E-1 now?
In post 758, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 753, Battle Mage wrote:there is a distinct lack of progression in RLotus' ISO. Started with townreads on RTP and Duchess...and they remain the top 2 townreads. and has been only really focussed on Italiano since a few days ago.
I have been thinking this as well. It is very one dimensional.
In post 819, VP Baltar wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: RTP

Down2Clown
This series of posts in particular
Seeing these again, I agree that these three posts you quoted here *are* weird. I can see the theory that this is Baltar!scum trying to gin up a mis-elim by making someone else (BM) take the lead.**

But I don't see that in his earlier play, including the other posts you have quoted. So I don't agree that there's a unified presentation of Baltar!scum play in trying to get others to take the lead to a mis-elim.

**BM came into this game as super-town, though. And BM doesn't really get controlled, so I doubt Baltar was going to nudge BM somewhere he didn't want to go. So I'm not too hot on this theory actually fitting this situation.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
Goon
OutWorldER
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:13 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

Official Vote Count 1.09

"Le Lavatrici" in Genova, Italy

EliminationWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to eliminate someone.

RLotus (3): VP Baltar, Andresvmb, ItalianoVD
Green Crayons (2): Reformed Toxic Player, RLotus
Reformed Toxic Player (2): Battle Mage, Green Crayons
Elements (1): Dunnstral
ItalianoVD (1): maxwell
VP Baltar (1): Duchess

Not Voting
(3): Datisi, Elements, midwaybear

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-02-28 21:49:12).

Mod notes:
[/area]
Last edited by OutWorldER on Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1231, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:yeah i did take a leap of faith when voting you to see what would happen. and? whats your point? townlean by no means means im going to stop examining your play and poke at suspicious stuff.
I don’t have a problem with that, but to me it just seems like a performance. It feels like that with a lot of your recent reads.
In post 1270, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:italiano ily but im sadly just not following what youre saying but it feels towny ur just thoughtspewing so keep it up bud
Eh
In post 1285, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:
In post 1284, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 1280, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1276, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 1104, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:I'd like to point out that GC's been extremely vague about reasoning and cannot ellaborate when pushed on and starts talking in circles or just reverts to other points, or just points out shallow things
This feels very agenda’y’
I think this is a bit of a reach actually.
Fair enough, we can agree to disagree here.
before I go - please try to explain how you think it was agenda-y in the context, like whats my agenda. (or maybe you just think its scummy, and are using bad words?? bc idk what u mean there) are u townreading GC is that why?
That whole post read like a scummy agenda. Like you’re trying to direct the traffic. In fact your play today has felt that.
In post 1289, RLotus wrote:Italiano, I got the impression you were scumreading VP earlier or were suspicious of him at least. What changed for you?
I never really scumread VP like I said earlier in the game, but at the time I felt like he could possibly be scum. Ironically his interactions and posts didn’t actually feel like it. Felt like I was trying to force something that wasn’t quite there. Though I haven’t worked out how I feel about the interaction between you two yet.
In post 1287, RLotus wrote:
In post 1286, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 1131, RLotus wrote:Vote VPB whenever you feel like voting for scum
You tried this on me and you were/are wrong there. I’m thinking you’re wrong here as well.
That's a pretty shallow reason to think I'm wrong. But you're right it wouldn't be the first time I am wrong when I am hard pushing someone.
You were/are so certain I was scum and fmpov I know you’re wrong so it’s not frivolous for me to think you’re doing it again.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 1359, Datisi wrote:also like, why are connecting my alignment to baltar? i get we're townreading each other, but i'm my own slot here.
Well that’s what I do when I can’t read a player. Other people’s input on slots are valuable to me.
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:27 pm

is "directing traffic" scummy? yeah i like to exert control over the game state. so what?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1368, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:
In post 1363, Green Crayons wrote:
thanks for the townread on me here
okay

grass is blue and sky is green