he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:46 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 298, Binatog13 wrote:
In post 276, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 269, hops wrote:Sorry, what does BPIC and CFD stand for?

BPIC-> Bulletproof Innocent Child, a player who is confirmed town that cannot be nightkilled for whatever reason
Is there such a role in newbie games? If not, why are we talking about this?
There isn't (yet), but it might also refer to a player known to be town who cannot be nightkilled (such as via a doctor's protection)
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by DaTacoX »

In post 299, Binatog13 wrote:
In post 296, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 295, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Imagine getting an answer from Greeting smdh
After reconsideration, I would like to apologize to Greeting for this uncalled for comment.
Now I think that its actually Greeting / Jake pair intentionally calling each other.
N_M's randoming names early is sometimes accurate. So it might be Greeting.
Are you agreeing with Not_Mafia that Greeting and Catboi are scummy?
If so, could you explain your reasoning on Greeting a little more and Catboi completely to me?
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by DaTacoX »

Also, is your vote on Not_Mafia accurate right now @Binatog13
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 299, Binatog13 wrote:
In post 296, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 295, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Imagine getting an answer from Greeting smdh
After reconsideration, I would like to apologize to Greeting for this uncalled for comment.
Now I think that its actually Greeting / Jake pair intentionally calling each other.
N_M's randoming names early is sometimes accurate. So it might be Greeting.
I find that extremely unlikely
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 302, DaTacoX wrote:Also, is your vote on Not_Mafia accurate right now @Binatog13
Also, yes, if you don't think it's N_M, you need to move your vote NOW. We have less than 36 hours left and a lot of those are going to be lost to people sleeping, we need to consolidate now.
hops
hops
Townie
hops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by hops »

In post 283, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 277, hops wrote:
In post 271, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Also, could you give a case for why you are scumreading me, or at least who else is in your PoE (Process of Elimination)?
I was pretty on the fence over limming Jake, since there are a few more people who I don't have enough information on to even mark as leaning town, including kennyk, Binatog, and N_M, but Jake haven't really been giving a good case for a nolim or to have someone else be higher on the lim. Something which feels to me like a scummy reaction trying to have their came and eat it with both hopefully not getting limmed but also not screwing over their partner with any association when they flip.
I.. am not advocating for a no lim? Like, that's pretty opposite to what I'm doing here.
You say that, yet you haven't voted on anyone.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:58 pm

In post 305, hops wrote:
In post 283, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 277, hops wrote:
In post 271, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Also, could you give a case for why you are scumreading me, or at least who else is in your PoE (Process of Elimination)?
I was pretty on the fence over limming Jake, since there are a few more people who I don't have enough information on to even mark as leaning town, including kennyk, Binatog, and N_M, but Jake haven't really been giving a good case for a nolim or to have someone else be higher on the lim. Something which feels to me like a scummy reaction trying to have their came and eat it with both hopefully not getting limmed but also not screwing over their partner with any association when they flip.
I.. am not advocating for a no lim? Like, that's pretty opposite to what I'm doing here.
You say that, yet you haven't voted on anyone.
#1: I have voted on players. I am not currently voting anyone, which ties in with
#2: Not voting does not mean you are advocating for a no exe. It means you haven't decided on a player to exe yet.

As the current wagons are Me and Player who I don't think needs to die today, I would like you to make an educated guess as to which wagon I would eagerly jump on. I'm mainly waiting for another wagon to sprout up first.
hops
hops
Townie
hops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by hops »

I suppose I'll be looking for other wagons too, but honestly personally I don't have anyone else I'd rate as more likely to be scum right now. There's not much information to be had all around on this day even though I looked over the thread again.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:21 pm

I feel like Not_Mafia has been more distamced from this game than others I've played with him. He seems to be trying to blend in to the silence, I guess.

You wanna help wagon him?
hops
hops
Townie
hops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by hops »

Yeah, ugh, I don't like what N_M is getting up to and he feels vaguely anti-town.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:02 pm

Post by kennyk »

In post 287, Jake The Wolfie wrote:There, now was that so hard?
In post 285, Greeting wrote:The first part of the story has been disclosed by me in , including why I suspect four players: Jake The Wolfie, kennyk, Binatog19 and Not_Mafia.

Of those four I decided to vote out Jake The Wolfie for the following reasons.

All of his posts up until the first time I was put at E-2 (post ) - and later at E-1 were fluffy and lacked content. They gave the impression of the type of player that likes to incite drama and then sit at the backseat and watch it unfold. I actually agree with DaTacoX's description of this in post . It is possible to be both fluffy and aggressive and that is the impression I also gathered from Jake's posts.

His further posts weren't a lot better. In they voiced a suspicion over kennyk without taking
any
sort of action. The rest of his posts seem to have this kind of teacher attitude, which is actually trying to steer people to say what they want them to say. I see this as a possible elaborate plan to generate content that will clear his name.

Jake never explained why they decided to vote me out, and as evidenced in that post, we know that it wasn't an RVS. In post they even said that they don't think I'm necessarily scum but decides to vote me out anyway. Even if my death was to be useful for town by providing information, it was never specified what kind of information would that be. While I agree that it's better to vote out someone than not elim Day One (although there are cases in which noelim is better), I'm not going to hammer myself for a simple reason - I'm town and don't see any benefits to allowing my elimination to happen.

I think that voting out Jake is worth a shot, although he's not the only bandwagon that I'd support.

Kennyk is a possible scum partner to Jake. Post could be an attempt for them to distance themselves from one another.
Let us go through this.
First of all, I wasn't trying to incite drama. That vote was to pressurize you, because at the time I didn't have a firm grasp on the game. In response, nothing much happened. in fact, I've been trying to spark a discussion because that is how the game advances, Greeting.
Next, I've already contested how you can't be both Aggressive and fluffy, but that is a moot point.

While you could take at me casting suspicion against Kenny, it can (and also was intended) be interpreted as me not understanding what Kenny was saying. Not understanding what someone is saying doesn't mean that you are suspicious of them.

Yes, I didn't explain why I voted you, but that is partially because saying "don't worry, I don't actually want to kill you" makes building pressure harder. That was my mistake.

I think that Greeting can live another day here, but now I need to find a new bandwagon to hops on.
UNVOTE: Greeting
*Disclaimer: The following line is full of irony!*
Look what we have here. Another player unvotig without voting someone else. There were other players who were heavily accused because of such a behaviour. Why does Jake not get the same treatment?

Btw. was it a joke no one got, a mistake in writing or are you really suggesting a bandwagon on hops? :mrgreen:
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by catboi »

For what it's worth I think not_mafia not joking around as much and coming at me seriously is towny. But We have very little time until deadline, if you want to wagon him, VOTE. I'll take an elim even if it's on someone I'm not all that convinced is scum, my one real scumread is kenny and everyone seems to be mostly ignoring that.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:10 pm

VOTE: Not_Mafia

Not just because I think it would be memey to elim Not_Mafia Day 1, but because it feels a lot like Not_Mafia had been following me arou d, and trying to buddy up with me.
hops
hops
Townie
hops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:42 am

Post by hops »

I'm not fully sold on N_M or kennyk as scum either, and with less than 23 hours left I don't think we'll be able to get a new wagon up in time, so I'm doubling down on flipping Jake. I'd rather look at N_M and kennyk with more information on the next day.

I'd honestly rather there be no lim since I have no firm reads at all, but if this is how we do it in Mafiascum...
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:03 am

Post by catboi »

If Jake was scum he easily could have kept the wagon on Greeting and probably gotten that elimination, the fact that he pulled back his vote when he did and it left him in peril shows a lack of scum survivalism. I'd much rather flip N_M or even Greeting.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:12 am

Post by catboi »

In post 313, hops wrote:I'd honestly rather there be no lim since I have no firm reads at all, but if this is how we do it in Mafiascum...
Didn't expect this theory debate to crop up at this point in time, but: the setups here have few power roles. You can check the OP. There's a chance of no investigative role at all, which means we learn basically nothing overnight. With 9 players, you typically only are going to get 4 elimination votes at most. If you skip one of those elimination votes, you're skipping one of your only chances to kill scum. It's drastically worsening your chances of winning to do that, so it's always best to vote someone out day 1, even if that vote is basically a shot in the dark.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:15 am

Post by Greeting »

If Not_Mafia is put at E-1, I will hammer. I don’t see a majority to vote out Jake and it’s preferable to eliminate.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:17 am

Not_Mafia is currently at E-2, and we have less than 24 hours to execute someone. If Hops were to switch on to Not_Mafia, then Greeting would hammer. We have the votes to kill Not_Mafia, we just need the willpower.
hops
hops
Townie
hops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:24 am

Post by hops »

In post 314, catboi wrote:If Jake was scum he easily could have kept the wagon on Greeting and probably gotten that elimination, the fact that he pulled back his vote when he did and it left him in peril shows a lack of scum survivalism. I'd much rather flip N_M or even Greeting.
It could also be a scumteam that doesn't feel like bussing is a great idea on day 1, but now that I think on N_ M more, I'd rather flip him even if his passivity could be explained by it being day 1. If it turns out to be Jake, it shouldn't be too late to nail them day 2 anyways after we have more information and some ways to rattle the scumteam/remaining scum.

I don't really feel great about the CFD happening here, but that's day 1 for you, I guess.

For the record, I'm firmly more on null than scum with N_ M.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:04 am

Post by midwaybear »

Vote count 1.11

It is Day 1!
With 9 votes, it takes 5 to eliminate. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-10-23 07:35:00).

VC
Not_Mafia [4]:
Binatog13, Jake The Wolfie, catboi, hops
Jake The Wolfie [2]:
Greeting, DaTacoX
Greeting [2]:
MegAzumarill, kennyk
catboi [1]:
Not_Mafia

Mod Notes
  • :)
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:12 am

Post by DaTacoX »

I’d highly prefer Jake or Binatog over Not_Mafia right now. They’re a complete wildcard. Jake has been doing a lot better for me though, so my vote is really more on Binatog here. They’re mostly silent and has yet to provide any real logical or non-vague comment.

However unlikely it may be,
If there are people willing to vote Binatog I will vote them,
if not, I’ll vote out Not-Mafia before the deadline hits.
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:16 am

Post by DaTacoX »

This would take an entire half of the game having to be online, so if anyone agrees, just hold your vote and say you’d be able to do it by the deadline.

This is turning into my last game all over again \(>.<)/
DaTacoX
DaTacoX
Goon
DaTacoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:18 am

Post by DaTacoX »

Oh we actually have more time than I thought
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:24 am

Post by catboi »

I'd flip binatog if there's support there. You'd need 3 other votes, though.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:03 am

Post by Greeting »