Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Lukewarm »

That's the point?
I have a GTKAS now! - Come ask me questions!

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Luke, respect for your scumgame has gone up massively - Hectic
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 1051, Lukewarm wrote:That's the point?
Rock, paper, scissors, right now, Luke. Loser votes the other.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Lukewarm »

If Tanner tells me and Ari to vote for you, I am pretty sure that Ari will do it, so I feel like I would need to prempt that atm

They're super opinionated and make a lot of assumptions, they're also pretty clumsy with word choice - Bell
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 1053, Lukewarm wrote:If Tanner tells me and Ari to vote for you, I am pretty sure that Ari will do it, so I feel like I would need to prempt that atm
You know, this reminds me of your tunnel on Val in that game.

It's almost enough to actually convince me you're town, despite being so spectacularly wrong on me.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1043, Pavowski wrote:
In post 1040, imaginality wrote:I feel surest about Ari being town and Luke has said he thinks Ari's town so if it's entirely my call I'd get Luke to vote Ari.
If we do the 'get the scummiest player to choose who to vote' thing I'd get Pav to choose between the other two.
If I get forced to vote, I'm polling the room and voting with the majority. I am not gonna be responsible for blowing the Keep when I'm really struggling with these two.

You can hold me to this.
And, I can see why you might think this would make you seem townie, but this does not ke me feel better about you here. Basically it feels like you are avoiding committing to a read on either one of us :/

Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:29 am

Post by Tanner »

pav, should i be concerned that your response to my "i lowkey want pav voted but he hasn't convinced me he's town" was basically "lol you should do it tho"
your eyes on the city.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

ok, Tanner, this might be kind of jumbled because it was kind of a vibey thing I was picking up last night as I was rereading, but I'm going to pull some of these posts between Ari and imaginality that just hit me as partnery or Ari trying to weasel into a power position.
In post 468, Aristeia wrote:
In post 463, Pavowski wrote:We don't have to get scum here, we just have to find town. This is easy and makes me think even more that Luke is scum, because I know he thinks (knows) he can look townier than me.
?

If you think Luke is scum why wouldn't you just vote for me?

Do you think Luke is bluffing about voting for me to convince you to vote for him?
In post 473, Aristeia wrote:Luke does seem very earnest and honest though
These posts came across as buddying up to Luke and/or trying to leverage the fight between Pav and Luke to get a vote with a direct ask from Pav.
In post 491, Aristeia wrote:gosh it would really be quite cheeky of Luke to steal Tanner's spot in the keep and then pocket me and get me to vote for him.

mmmmhmm
Here Ari is doing her cutesy schtick with Luke.
In post 492, Aristeia wrote:I don't think I'm going to vote unless Tanner tells me it's ok to trust that person
Now Ari says she's not going to vote unless Tanner says so. (this is important in a bit).

In post 534, imaginality wrote:In post 468, Aristeia wrote:
In post 463, Pavowski wrote:
We don't have to get scum here, we just have to find town. This is easy and makes me think even more that Luke is scum, because I know he thinks (knows) he can look townier than me.

?

Do you think Luke is bluffing about voting for me to convince you to vote for him?

@Ari, it sounds from this like you think Pav should have the voting power in Keep rather than you or Luke, is that right?
This read to me like imaginality trying to nudge the game to put the deciding vote in Pav's hands, just as Pav and Luke were kind of calling each other scummy. In my notes, I described this as "seed planting". To me, the idea here is to try to set up Ari!scum the best possible chance to get the vote by leveraging Luke and Pav's distrust for each other. It's a subtle thing and I could be tinfoiling, but I really don't understand the point of imaginality's question. It's not scumhunting. So what's the point of it?

In post 535, Aristeia wrote:
In post 534, imaginality wrote:@Ari, it sounds from this like you think Pav should have the voting power in Keep rather than you or Luke, is that right?
I don't think of the Keep that way.

If I get to 100% sure of the solution I will not hesitate to vote.
This is how Ari responds to that post from imaginality...and this is kind of key because now Ari is saying she'll vote when she's sure of her reads. Well that runs in complete contradiction to just earlier when she said she would only vote who Tanner said. I think Ari is trying to sound pro-town by saying she'll let Tanner decide, but in reality, she is looking for whatever angle she can get to win.
In post 536, Aristeia wrote:Imaginality how prepared would you say you were for this 1v1?
This comment from Ari also struck me as weird. It's a complete softball meant to make imaginality look like he is some weakling against big bad VP. I don't see how this question is helping Ari determine alignments. Again, I would see this as Imaginality and Ari trying to shape public opinion around in each other in a positive way that helps the other win their games.

This is subtle stuff and maybe I'm confbiasing myself since I know imaginality is scum, but their actions toward each other don't read like there is town!Ari in the mix. It is coordinated and kid gloves.
YOUR AD HERE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:38 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I probably should at some point run a complete counter scenario to see if I'm being biased. Something like a team of imaginality-pav-implosion or something.
YOUR AD HERE
RH9
RH9
He
Mafia Scum
RH9
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:39 am

Post by RH9 »

Anybody want anything from me?

Hiatus from playing Mafia (Excluding Hydrae)
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 1056, Tanner wrote:pav, should i be concerned that your response to my "i lowkey want pav voted but he hasn't convinced me he's town" was basically "lol you should do it tho"
Absolutely not. I think you can feel the townvibes coming off me, but you're (rightly) nervous to take the leap.

Consider all the baggage I inherited and how little traction I've gotten in throwing off those scumreads. Am I really going to change anybody's mind at this point? I'm obviously not changing Luke's; he just said he'd vote Ari even if you wanted both of them to vote me. People are locked into their reads on me. It is what it is.

A vote for me wins the keep, and then you get a flipped Luke or Ari scum to sort the rest. This is the way.

Well, it's *a* way. The other ways are 50/50.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Tanner »

read the game, give a solve, or at least weigh in on every single minigame

so like yes lol what kinda question is that

pedit: @rh9
your eyes on the city.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 1059, RH9 wrote:Anybody want anything from me?
Welcome to the party!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1040, imaginality wrote:I feel surest about Ari being town and Luke has said he thinks Ari's town so if it's entirely my call I'd get Luke to vote Ari.
If we do the 'get the scummiest player to choose who to vote' thing I'd get Pav to choose between the other two.
Yeah, to my post above, this is exactly what I'm saying.

Imaginality in an amazing feat, succinctly says the exact thing I thought he was trying to nudge the game toward. lol
YOUR AD HERE
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Tanner »

this is not really game related but i've been thinking about it for a bit - baltar's avatar is really aesthetically pleasing when paired with the sepia forum skin i have on this account
your eyes on the city.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1059, RH9 wrote:Anybody want anything from me?
Welcome to the game!

This is a weird entrance! Lol

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1064, Tanner wrote:this is not really game related but i've been thinking about it for a bit - baltar's avatar is really aesthetically pleasing when paired with the sepia forum skin i have on this account
haha. I swear my avi makes people think I'm an asshole. So this is good news.

I'm around btw if you want to do your thing.
YOUR AD HERE
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Tanner »

i want a detailed solve on my desk by tomorrow morning
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Tanner »

*summoning imaginality*
your eyes on the city.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 1066, VP Baltar wrote:haha. I swear my avi makes people think I'm an asshole. So this is good news.
You know, it does kinda, even though I like the avatar and you seem like a good dude. I think it's the cigarette.

Me, I can only blame my behavior and the fact that I am, in fact, an asshole
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Tanner »

meh, while we wait - baltar, if we're to flip keep first. would any flip in the keep have a significant effect on your read of the wall?
your eyes on the city.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:49 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 1068, Tanner wrote:*summoning imaginality*
Ok, I lol'd
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Lukewarm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Pav is there a reason you ignored 1055, and instead just responded to/with a bunch of fluff ?

Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:54 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1057, VP Baltar wrote:ok, Tanner, this might be kind of jumbled because it was kind of a vibey thing I was picking up last night as I was rereading, but I'm going to pull some of these posts between Ari and imaginality that just hit me as partnery or Ari trying to weasel into a power position.
In post 468, Aristeia wrote:
In post 463, Pavowski wrote:We don't have to get scum here, we just have to find town. This is easy and makes me think even more that Luke is scum, because I know he thinks (knows) he can look townier than me.
?

In post 473, Aristeia wrote:Luke does seem very earnest and honest though
These posts came across as buddying up to Luke and/or trying to leverage the fight between Pav and Luke to get a vote with a direct ask from Pav.
In post 491, Aristeia wrote:gosh it would really be quite cheeky of Luke to steal Tanner's spot in the keep and then pocket me and get me to vote for him.

mmmmhmm
Here Ari is doing her cutesy schtick with Luke.
In post 492, Aristeia wrote:I don't think I'm going to vote unless Tanner tells me it's ok to trust that person
Now Ari says she's not going to vote unless Tanner says so. (this is important in a bit).

In post 534, imaginality wrote:In post 468, Aristeia wrote:
In post 463, Pavowski wrote:
We don't have to get scum here, we just have to find town. This is easy and makes me think even more that Luke is scum, because I know he thinks (knows) he can look townier than me.

?

@Ari, it sounds from this like you think Pav should have the voting power in Keep rather than you or Luke, is that right?
This read to me like imaginality trying to nudge the game to put the deciding vote in Pav's hands, just as Pav and Luke were kind of calling each other scummy. In my notes, I described this as "seed planting". To me, the idea here is to try to set up Ari!scum the best possible chance to get the vote by leveraging Luke and Pav's distrust for each other. It's a subtle thing and I could be tinfoiling, but I really don't understand the point of imaginality's question. It's not scumhunting. So what's the point of it?

In post 535, Aristeia wrote:
In post 534, imaginality wrote:@Ari, it sounds from this like you think Pav should have the voting power in Keep rather than you or Luke, is that right?
I don't think of the Keep that way.

If I get to 100% sure of the solution I will not hesitate to vote.
This is how Ari responds to that post from imaginality...and this is kind of key because now Ari is saying she'll vote when she's sure of her reads. Well that runs in complete contradiction to just earlier when she said she would only vote who Tanner said. I think Ari is trying to sound pro-town by saying she'll let Tanner decide, but in reality, she is looking for whatever angle she can get to win.
In post 536, Aristeia wrote:Imaginality how prepared would you say you were for this 1v1?
This comment from Ari also struck me as weird. It's a complete softball meant to make imaginality look like he is some weakling against big bad VP. I don't see how this question is helping Ari determine alignments. Again, I would see this as Imaginality and Ari trying to shape public opinion around in each other in a positive way that helps the other win their games.

This is subtle stuff and maybe I'm confbiasing myself since I know imaginality is scum, but their actions toward each other don't read like there is town!Ari in the mix. It is coordinated and kid gloves.

VPB.

Have you ever stopped at any point and thought to yourself.

If Ari flips scum I am going to easily win the Gate because there's almost no way anyone thinks Ari/Me is S/S?
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:56 am

Post by Aristeia »

Like it's absolutely mindboggling to me how you could possibly think I am scum trying to shade the shit out of you and annihilate you.

Because I have been very clear that I am happy to flip first and let Tanner see whether my reads are coming from Town!Me.

So how exactly is my play scum motivated? You think tanner is going to look at me grilling the shit out of you and treating imag with kiddie gloves and then look at my red role pm and think that I'm playing some weird reverse psych trick on him?

Like your entire mindset is strange and alien to me.