KTaNE [game over!]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Forum rules
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:42 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.10
  • with
    votes in play, it takes
    to make a decision.
  • day 1 ends in
    (expired on 2022-04-06 19:15:00)
    players who have the most nominations at eod1 will be bomb experts on n1.

execution:

Morning Tweet [4]:
Cephrir, fireisredsir, GuiltyLion, Titus
fireisredsir [3]:
Bell, Menalque, Malakittens
VP Baltar [3]:
Frogsterking, PookyTheMagicalBear, Cat Scratch Fever
GuiltyLion [3]:
Morning Tweet, Dwlee99, Greeting
Frogsterking [1]:
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter [1]:
VP Baltar
catboi [1]:
Enchant

not voting [3]:
Andresvmb, Andante, catboi

bomb expert nominations:

Andante [12]:
Menalque, Malakittens, Titus, fireisredsir, Cephrir, Morning Tweet, GuiltyLion, VP Baltar, Cat Scratch Fever, StrangeMatter, Bell, Enchant
Greeting [10]:
catboi, Cephrir, Morning Tweet, PookyTheMagicalBear, fireisredsir, GuiltyLion, Bell, VP Baltar, StrangeMatter, Enchant
Frogsterking [8]:
Titus, VP Baltar, Malakittens, PookyTheMagicalBear, Morning Tweet, Greeting, GuiltyLion, Enchant
catboi [8]:
VP Baltar, PookyTheMagicalBear, Bell, fireisredsir, Cat Scratch Fever, Andante, Cephrir, Enchant
PookyTheMagicalBear [6]:
Andante, Cephrir, Cat Scratch Fever, Frogsterking, fireisredsir, Enchant
Cat Scratch Fever [5]:
PookyTheMagicalBear, GuiltyLion, Frogsterking, Cephrir, Enchant
Malakittens [4]:
Enchant, Menalque, Frogsterking, PookyTheMagicalBear
Dwlee99 [4]:
VP Baltar, Titus, Cephrir, Enchant
Morning Tweet [3]:
Malakittens, Greeting, Enchant
Titus [3]:
Malakittens, PookyTheMagicalBear, Enchant
Cephrir [3]:
Titus, Frogsterking, Enchant
StrangeMatter [3]:
Frogsterking, Greeting, Enchant
GuiltyLion [2]:
Malakittens, Enchant
Menalque [2]:
GuiltyLion, Enchant
fireisredsir [1]:
Enchant
VP Baltar [1]:
Enchant
Andresvmb [1]:
Enchant
Bell [1]:
Enchant

not nominating [2]:
Andresvmb, Dwlee99

mod notes:
  • the vote counter is acting weird and i'm counting votes by hand, let me know if i make any mistakes.
Last edited by Datisi on Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:42 am

Post by Bell »

Please post in complete sentences. I’m not a hypocrite *sweats*
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Andante »

I mean, I don't understand why I have SO MANY heals... idk what the vote for a lim even is, no one is really pushing who their voting, but I'm in no rush for a wagon till bomb expert is dealt with
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:45 am

Post by Bell »

I mean,
This is from my perspective and it is not necessarily the correct one.
But I tend to think that you’re just not a threat to scum, a lot of people called you out as town and scum don’t feel like engaging with you on a back and forth by holding a different view from the majority or having to deal with the attention.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:47 am

Post by Bell »

I could easily see you also just writing the wrong instructions for a bomb defusal, on *accident*
So maybe they’re hoping you screw up and flail around while they giggle in a corner.
Enchant
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Enchant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:48 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1327, Andante wrote:I mean, I don't understand why I have SO MANY heals... idk what the vote for a lim even is, no one is really pushing who their voting, but I'm in no rush for a wagon till bomb expert is dealt with
Because you are easier to push for guilt if mafia decide to sabotage disarming in your team.

You thinked it's privelegy?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:51 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1323, catboi wrote:I think the scummiest thing about fire's play so far is that they seem to be playing it entirely safe with their their posting and not ruffle feathers at all
most of the people whose feathers i would like to ruffle have disappeared
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:00 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hello, I am here and will be around for a bit, still have not read the VP Baltar game, about to read up but will respond in real time if anyone wants to chit chat
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:02 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1273, Greeting wrote:I wanted to wait until
GuiltyLion
comes back and question him, but he didn't show up.

VOTE: GuiltyLion

The reason for this is a very specific type of scumread, which is relying on consensus reads. Consensus reads, in my opinion, useless and counterproductive for town right now, but very useful for scum. The pool of townies should be a sum of individual townreads. Not "x is town because y is town and townreads x". Forming associations like this Day 1 is a bad strategy as they are unsupported by any hard data as to whom is voting out whom and whom is nominating for bomb expert (which is equated to being a townread in this game). We'll get the hard data once Day 1 is over. Right now this is just constantly shifting and it's not uncommon for mafia to be distancing themselves from one another.
so you're saying that lion is doing this and therefore he is scum? can you point out the posts? i don't see the connection between what he's posted and what you're saying. or are you saying that consensus reads are useful for finding scum, and so you're scumreading him bc he's not a consensus townread? i just don't really follow what your point is here and how it leads to a lion vote
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:05 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 962, Frogsterking wrote:I think fire is a good D1 execution by the way. I'm looking to compromise vote on fire EoD if this VP wagon doesn't take off.
Luke's ISO would be the main reason I would want to lim that slot today but have any of fire's posts moved the needle for you at all? I don't have any idea what scum!fire is capable of but nothing they've posted has felt scummy or disingenuous to me so far
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:09 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1022, Greeting wrote:Why would you care at all if me/Andante/Frogsterking or whomever else was a consensus townread? Why does it matter so much?
I want to heal people that have a solid chance of being bomb experts, no point in vanity heals

and if people were scumreading my most confident townreads I'd want to hash that out with them

however, neither of those situations really applied (other than Dwlee SRing Andante for ???? reasons), so fortunately to me I didn't have to do any of that and could just vote my heals
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:14 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1071, Dwlee99 wrote:I really just think game state is pointing to town consensus being wrong right now
can you explain this statement in FAR greater detail

a) what do you see is the current "game state"

b) what is the "town consensus" opinion that is wrong?

and

how does a) provide evidence for b)?
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:15 am

Post by Andante »

only 7 people aren't healing me.... 19 player game... how the heck do I have 12 votes? that's scary to me
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Andante you've said a few times you don't TR/scumread the other people that have a ton of votes, can you remind me which ones would you rather not be grouped with
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
fireisredsir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:17 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1337, Andante wrote:only 7 people aren't healing me.... 19 player game... how the heck do I have 12 votes? that's scary to me
i can unheal you if you want lol i just thought you wanted to be bomb expert and that we were trying to make your pooky team be the top 4
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:19 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1109, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:also who's good at reading dwlee? I think it'd be fun to put them in a group with people who can read them. Any volunteers?
I'd rather Dwlee not be a bomb expert at all currently
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:20 am

Post by Andante »

no greeting, no frogster, no mala, no titus, no strange, no vp, no andres

and I'm just saying, I don't want to be with 3 of them... like, no.. everyone else I can either read better in a hood, or I think we'll do good in a hood
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:21 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1137, Frogsterking wrote:GL is there any reason you can't townsend Menalque for me?
what does "townsend" mean? like prompt him to do towntell somehow?

or are you asking me to unheal him?
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1340, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1109, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:also who's good at reading dwlee? I think it'd be fun to put them in a group with people who can read them. Any volunteers?
I'd rather Dwlee not be a bomb expert at all currently
oh and no dwlee in my hood.. please...
Andante
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Andante
She
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:23 am

Post by Andante »

like, if people have objections to my request just don't put me in a hood...
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:23 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1139, VP Baltar wrote:I think his reason for keeping his vote on me is weak, but at least he is trying to come up with something?
did you miss that I switched to MT a while back

maybe that might help with some of your qualms around me not reading your game yet either
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:29 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

overall I kinda think vibes like a townie readslist post

I disagree with chunks of it but the level of recall for specific events and the things VP Baltar looks at to put together his reads feels genuine to me overall

he could still be scum but I kinda think he'd be a bad D1 lim
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:29 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1334, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 962, Frogsterking wrote:I think fire is a good D1 execution by the way. I'm looking to compromise vote on fire EoD if this VP wagon doesn't take off.
Luke's ISO would be the main reason I would want to lim that slot today but have any of fire's posts moved the needle for you at all? I don't have any idea what scum!fire is capable of but nothing they've posted has felt scummy or disingenuous to me so far
The problem is that "not scummy/disingenuous" is not a high bar toclaer, and I haven't actually seen anything from them that is hitting me as overtly towny, which is a problem when their slot was starting off from a negative position in my eyes and other people are at least giving me some sense of towniness.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:30 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1344, Andante wrote:like, if people have objections to my request just don't put me in a hood...
I would but a) I'd have to try without data and b) that leave you open to being the diffuser
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:33 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1341, Andante wrote:no greeting, no frogster, no mala, no titus, no strange, no vp, no andres
I agree mala/andres/strange should not be in a bomb expert position at the moment

Titus I wouldn't mind but don't feel a burning need to put her in a hood

VP needs more thought from me

Greeting/Frog I am townreading and think we could trust their intentions in a hood - is this more overall you don't trust them to be town or you don't think you'd work well with them even if they are town?